PDA

View Full Version : Diebold SUV Spotted in Supermarket Parking Lot; WTF!?

Knightskye
01-04-2009, 12:38 AM
I was driving around, and pulled into the store's parking lot. Before I got out of the car, I looked around and saw this on a white SUV:

http://i43.tinypic.com/oh633t.jpg

I didn't have my camera with me, so I couldn't get a shot of it. But what's a Diebold vehicle doing at a supermarket?

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
01-04-2009, 12:41 AM
I could be wrong but I believe I read once that Diebold also does a thriving business making super market bar code scanners and stuff like that so maybe it was a salesman or repair guy.

decatren
01-04-2009, 12:43 AM
Waiting for you to be noticed? :D
On a more serious note, I know that they are also producing vaults or vault doors with huge combination locks, we have one made by them.

nate895
01-04-2009, 12:48 AM
Waiting for you to be noticed? :D
On a more serious note, I know that they are also producing vaults or vault doors with huge combination locks, we have one made by them.

Yes, and I also notice that many of the bank deposit drop boxes are made by Diebold, I believe that was their original business since some of them look really old.

Knightskye
01-04-2009, 12:51 AM
Yes, and I also notice that many of the bank deposit drop boxes are made by Diebold, I believe that was their original business since some of them look really old.

Please tell me voting machines are the only thing they didn't get right.

nate895
01-04-2009, 12:56 AM
Please tell me voting machines are the only thing they didn't get right.

I don't know how you could screw with a box with a slot in it.

TheConstitutionLives
01-04-2009, 01:34 AM
Diebold is a big company. I work for a large bank and we have over 500 Diebold ATM machines. Diebold technicians are everywhere, man. Relax.

Kludge
01-04-2009, 01:57 AM
Buying groceries....?

RonPaulVolunteer
01-04-2009, 02:03 AM
Buying groceries....?

What I was thinking... :confused:

slothman
01-04-2009, 02:06 AM
My theory is that Diebold has to make good
ATM's do stay in business.
With voting machines though it is actually better to cheat.

BenIsForRon
01-04-2009, 03:55 AM
I see diebold guys working on ATM's all the time, it's part of their business. Total conflict of interest when they start producing voting machines, but they've been in other business for decades.

Now if you saw a Blackwater van at the supermarket, that would be a different story.

Jodi
01-04-2009, 10:03 AM
I work in the post office and on the wall at the back entrance is the security system by Diebold.

orafi
01-04-2009, 10:58 AM
What I was thinking... :confused:

even those who decide our leaders havta eat.

Cowlesy
01-04-2009, 11:18 AM
Maybe the delivery guy en-route to a job stopped in to buy a pop?

Or maybe he's tracking you?

:)

AmericasLastHope
01-04-2009, 02:34 PM
Diebold is an old company. They used to make safes back in the 1860s...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/90/OldDieboldSafe2006-07.JPG

UtahApocalypse
01-04-2009, 02:59 PM
I see diebold guys working on ATM's all the time, it's part of their business. Total conflict of interest when they start producing voting machines, but they've been in other business for decades.

Now if you saw a Blackwater van at the supermarket, that would be a different story.

Actually the fact that the ATM has NEVER once spit hundreds of extra dollars out at me, but the a same companies voting machines 'fail' all the time tells you everything. They could make them secure, reliable, and open to review if they wanted. They don't though.... somethings to hide?

RideTheDirt
01-04-2009, 07:41 PM
Actually the fact that the ATM has NEVER once spit hundreds of extra dollars out at me, but the a same companies voting machines 'fail' all the time tells you everything. They could make them secure, reliable, and open to review if they wanted. They don't though.... somethings to hide?
This
They should have stuck to safes:mad: