rational thinker
01-03-2009, 09:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08gTWqWrI4M&fmt=18

Kotin
01-03-2009, 09:18 PM
fine words from a finer man.

Cowlesy
01-03-2009, 09:25 PM
Staying neutral because it's not our place, not to mention we can't AFFORD IT.

Great message from Congressman Paul.

ToyBoat
01-03-2009, 09:43 PM
Off topic:

One of the first things that jumped out at me in that video is the incorrect display of the American flag behind RP. I know 'details details', but still.

(maybe someone else did his decorating?)

raiha
01-03-2009, 11:03 PM
You really are johnny-on-the-spot Rational Thinker. Thank-you. And good for you RP...glad he called it pre-emptive! Something for Benny and Sean to mull over.

Zolah
01-03-2009, 11:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08gTWqWrI4M&fmt=18

Ah bump :) I just saw this vid on my youtube page subscription, waiting to watch it now :)

DFF
01-03-2009, 11:51 PM
Gaza IS a giant concentration camp. I'm not justifying Hamas killing innocent Israelis, but to say Israels the victim here is just pure bullshit. Regarding the part about American support of Israel, this is why the Arab world resents us. Not that this is news to folks around here, but the average Joe on the street still doesn't get it. They see Israel as this weak, helpless nation, which needs US protection lest the Arabs destroy them. Again, bullshit. Israels military is probably capable of defeating all major Arab nations at once. They did it before - and without state-of-the-art US weaponry.

HOLLYWOOD
01-04-2009, 12:10 AM
Gaza IS a giant concentration camp. I'm not justifying Hamas killing innocent Israelis, but to say Israels the victim here is just pure bullshit. Regarding the part about American support of Israel, this is why the Arab world resents us. Not that this is news to folks around here, but the average Joe on the street still doesn't get it. They see Israel as this weak, helpless nation, which needs US protection lest the Arabs destroy them. Again, bullshit. Israels military is probably capable of defeating all major Arab nations at once. They did it before - and without state-of-the-art US weaponry.

Well Organized Propaganda and Megaphone spamming campaign.

Don't worry Rudy Gouliani will have a Press Announcement that the World hates US even more... because we are "FREE" and "FREEDOM" :rolleyes:

But he always forget to complete his speeches: because we are free to; Spy, Attack, Bomb, Murder, Kill, Dictate....

Get ready for BLOWBACK and even more theft from the American people, ALL FOR AIPAC and their Jewish state of Israel.

rational thinker
01-04-2009, 09:10 AM
bump

Zolah
01-04-2009, 12:12 PM
Bump, Ron Paul relates the conflict to problems at home well, hopefully new people can see things more like Ron Paul's way after seeing this vid.

Peace&Freedom
01-04-2009, 01:07 PM
Paul's video does set the record straight to clarify the stance that should be taken by Paul supporters on the issue, namely as it:

-Supports neutrality towards the Mideast conflict
-Disapproves of pre-emptive/preventive war as a standing doctrine
-Condemns the invasion (nonintervention does not prevent us from making a moral/legal judgment)
-Recognizes Israel exercises disproportionate force
-Acknowledges Israel runs Gaza like a concentration camp
-Acknowledges Palestine
-Notes concerns about Iran becoming involved should be balanced by the fact that the US is involved
-Notes US is fairly blamed for the invasion (by providing military/financial/UN support and go-ahead approval)
-Notes our intervention contributes to blowback and instability in the region
-Notes this and other intervention/militarism is bankrupting the US

austin944
01-04-2009, 08:41 PM
Israel launched attacks on Gaza in order to stop the rocket fire from Hamas militants into Israel, so it is not a "pre-emptive" strike. It would be pre-emptive if Hamas was merely in preparations to launch rockets into Israel.

I feel that Israel is justified in responding to these rocket attacks with force, but I am not sure that their response is proportional to the provocation by Hamas. It is very distressing that Palestianian civilians are dying in such large numbers. But it seems Israel does not have much choice if they want to defend their citizens.

But I agree that we need to remain neutral in this conflict and we should not be supplying war material to Israel or any other kind of aid.

rational thinker
01-05-2009, 10:33 AM
bump