PDA

View Full Version : War vet, 50 redeployed

akihabro
01-03-2009, 04:09 AM
http://www.wsmv.com/news/18391549/detail.html
Not sure where to post this. I guess I won't sign up for AARP and write a response to the letter with a big fat marker with lots of obscene words.
Thanks to campaign for liberty for this news.

ClayTrainor
01-03-2009, 04:11 AM
Wow... that'd be a pretty awful letter to get in the mail.

They must not be recruiting nearly enough for their goals of empire.

Ex Post Facto
01-03-2009, 04:20 AM
It makes you wonder, why they would want to ship all these old snipers, and vets over seas out of the country. Hmm...maybe to thin out the knowledge base here at home?

phill4paul
01-03-2009, 06:45 AM
Perhaps they could instead use some of the Marines running road checks in California?

lucius
01-03-2009, 07:05 AM
"...It's like a dream or a nightmare."

'Be all that you can be...'

lynnf
01-03-2009, 11:26 AM
gee, if they can do that to him, they would think they could do it to any of us.

lynn

the biss
01-03-2009, 03:35 PM
While not implicitly stated in the article, the video shows that this individual was a Chief Warrant Officer 2. That means that he has some level of technical expertise that the Army currently needs. Warrant officers are typically employed by the Army with job titles like doctor or aviator.

I don't like it any more than anyone else, but it doesn't look like they're in the process of calling up leg infantry or tankers, like myself, from 1991.

fedup100
01-03-2009, 03:44 PM
The army has or is recalling all commissioned and non commissioned officers up to the age of 65 back to duty! The other branches will follow soon. Didn't you see the posts about this last month?

Something big is on its way and yes, they are going to make damn sure that every one that has that kind of training and abilities are out of here before they make their move...... their big move is coming soon.

The time for passing illegal legislation to lay the ground work for their plans is finished, now is the time for the last piece of the puzzle and they will be getting physical.

Pericles
01-03-2009, 05:27 PM
The army has or is recalling all commissioned and non commissioned officers up to the age of 65 back to duty! The other branches will follow soon. Didn't you see the posts about this last month?

Something big is on its way and yes, they are going to make damn sure that every one that has that kind of training and abilities are out of here before they make their move...... their big move is coming soon.

The time for passing illegal legislation to lay the ground work for their plans is finished, now is the time for the last piece of the puzzle and they will be getting physical.

I am a former Army officer (Armor) age 48. I have not been recalled, and no one would be more surprised than myself to get such a call.

Andrew-Austin
01-03-2009, 05:57 PM
"...It's like a dream or a nightmare."

'Be all that you can be...'

Haha, 'accelerate your life', die early.

While not implicitly stated in the article, the video shows that this individual was a Chief Warrant Officer 2. That means that he has some level of technical expertise that the Army currently needs. Warrant officers are typically employed by the Army with job titles like doctor or aviator.

I don't like it any more than anyone else, but it doesn't look like they're in the process of calling up leg infantry or tankers, like myself, from 1991.

O, thanks for pointing that out.

fedup100
01-03-2009, 07:45 PM
I am a former Army officer (Armor) age 48. I have not been recalled, and no one would be more surprised than myself to get such a call.

http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7700

Re: Breaking, largest us army recall since 1941!
I found this in another location concerning this

I got my letter in the mail today.

Here's what it said in part.....

SUBJECT: Recall from Retired Status

A. Name:***** *****
B. Retired grade: E-6
C. Serial Number: ***-**-****
D. PMOS:
E. Current mailing Address:
F. Date Retired: 10 OCT 86

Petty Officer *****, You have been selected for recall to active duty for a period of not less than three yrears; or a period of time which will extend beyond your 55th birthday or 30 years active Federal service whichever is sooner and; You will not be eligible for voluntary release from active duty during the period of service for which recalled, but may be released from active duty for the convenience of the Government; and while recalled to active duty, You will be subject to all provisions of the Uniform Code of Military Justice including discharge from the service pursuant thereto and all Navy regulations including those providing for administrative reduction; but any administrative seperation from the service will be acomplished by releasing you from active duty rather than by discharge, except where other action is directed by Headquarters, Department of the Navy.

1. Inclosure
Report of Physical Examination

The rest was just **** about where i was to report to and when for processing.

BM1(SW) USN 1974-1986

libertarian4321
01-03-2009, 08:16 PM
I imagine they are only recalling people with certain technical specialties.

I'm a 45 year old Army Officer on IRR- I wouldn't expect to be recalled, but its always possible.

the biss
01-03-2009, 09:38 PM
I'm a 45 year old Army Officer on IRR- I wouldn't expect to be recalled, but its always possible. Individual Ready Reserve certainly leaves you more vulnerable in the recall crosshairs. The day that my 8 years of enlistment was up, I breathed a massive sigh of relief.