PDA

View Full Version : The Federal Reserve System! (What average Americans think they know!)

rp4prez
09-11-2007, 01:03 PM
So on another forum I visit I was called a conspiracy-theorist and how I needed to go read a high school American history book. The members of this forum I go to are so ill informed about things it blows me away! I can post link after link from places like USA Today, the Telegraph (UK paper), and other sources that these people read and trust. However, some how they call me a "nut" and never not ONCE even post information to support their point of view. It's crazy. Anyway, I wanted to post my reply to them just for fun! Thanks for reading!

Wow... "conspiracy-theory" these are not. All the links I post are not from conspiracy-theory web sites. They are from very creditable sites and from people who are very creditable. I can't seem to help it if you think everything you need to know comes from a basic high school American history book. That to me is a very naive almost to the point of being very ignorant about how things work in our country.

Have either of you picked up and read the book The Creature from Jekyll Island by G. Edward Griffin? If you want to get passed that high school education that is apparently all you need to know to have a full understanding of the Federal Reserve System you might want to read this book.

On a side note. I never said the gold standard pre 1913 was a good system. I've read about the runs on the banks and how awful that situation was. I do not promote going back to that at all. What I do promote is going back to something where our money is actually backed by something instead of being inflated and the bubble continuing to balloon year after year.

And just because everyone else has a central banking system that doesn't mean we have to have one. That's like saying if everyone was jumping off a cliff you would. Funny thing is that's basically what's happening!

BrianH
09-11-2007, 02:49 PM
"And just because everyone else has a central banking system that doesn't mean we have to have one."

Why exclude the possibility of GOVERNMENT controlled central bank instead of what that merely pretends to be government controlled (Federal Reserve) with it's chairman appointed by the President. Surely there are some good Central Banks out there which are well run by the government? Surely the Government needs it's own Central Bank with the power to issue money?

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people to whom it properly belongs." Thomas Jefferson

Mordechai Vanunu
09-11-2007, 03:53 PM
The Money Masters - How International Bankers Gained Control of America (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-515319560256183936&q=money+masters&total=1355&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0)

sickmint79
09-11-2007, 03:57 PM
even if there's no conspiracy the fundamentals of the way our money works now are not intuitive and arguably cause the boom-bust cycle, and encourages runaway spending, growth of government, and inflation. have them watch "money as debt" on video.google.com

sickmint79
09-11-2007, 03:58 PM
The Money Masters - How International Bankers Gained Control of America (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-515319560256183936&q=money+masters&total=1355&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0)

i like this, quite long, quite interesting, somewhat conspiratorial though. M as D is just straight out, yo, money is messed up.

rp4prez
09-11-2007, 07:12 PM

even if there's no conspiracy the fundamentals of the way our money works now are not intuitive and arguably cause the boom-bust cycle, and encourages runaway spending, growth of government, and inflation. have them watch "money as debt" on video.google.com

I've watched money masters.. very good! haven't seen money as debt yet. I'll have to go watch that... but what amazes me is that i'll post the links to these videos for them but they won't watch. they'll just call me nuts and continue with their own thoughts... it's crazy i tell ya!

sickmint79
09-11-2007, 10:21 PM
ask them to find the conspiracy for you in money as debt, and when they can't, post an obnoxiously large silly gif of pwnage