PDA

View Full Version : Step 1. DESTROY THE OTHER CANDIDATES

robertwerden
01-01-2009, 03:57 PM
No matter what, the first goal of this movement in 2012 is to destroy the other candidates.

We have no other choice but to point out every flaw possible.

Instead of getting on camera with a RP sign, we need to put a sign that says

"candidate who ever did what ever"

The people of this country see these signs and will react to them. Just like the other candidates did to us calling RP and us names.

In 2012 I vow to spend my entire time destroying everyone else. I will call into every talk show, get as many youtubes up as I can, stand in front of news crews and anything else I can think of.

We can pay for ads in the paper that destroy other candidates.

A bit of a ramble but I think I made my point.

pacelli
01-01-2009, 04:17 PM
No matter what, the first goal of this movement in 2012 is to destroy the other candidates.

We have no other choice but to point out every flaw possible.

Instead of getting on camera with a RP sign, we need to put a sign that says

"candidate who ever did what ever"

The people of this country see these signs and will react to them. Just like the other candidates did to us calling RP and us names.

In 2012 I vow to spend my entire time destroying everyone else. I will call into every talk show, get as many youtubes up as I can, stand in front of news crews and anything else I can think of.

We can pay for ads in the paper that destroy other candidates.

A bit of a ramble but I think I made my point.

That's an interesting proposal. So you're saying, do not publically associate a sign written as "Clinton did X as secretary of state", with a sign "Vote for the liberty candidate"?

In other words, destroy the other candidates but do not mention "our" candidate.

AJ Antimony
01-01-2009, 05:50 PM
Negative campaigning does work, but I'm not sure it's the best thing to do. Yeah it may win a few more votes, but in the long run all it does is make us look like the scum already involved with political machines. And in no time factual negative campaigning will become lies, stretched truths, and statements out of context.

In other words, the best thing to do is promote yourself and your strengths, do not attack your opponent, and since you hopefully have basically no skeletons in the closet like RP, the other guy won't be able to attack you.

hillertexas
01-01-2009, 05:56 PM
It sure did work on Rudy...

...I'm on board. But not with 100% effort going into it. We have to promote our guy or gal too.

robertwerden
01-01-2009, 07:58 PM
As long as no one knows it is RP supporters doing it, they will have to guess as to who is responsible.

If your watching a debate and the pundants are out side among the supporters and 40 foot pole guy shoves a sign in front of the camera that says something really destructive to a candidate, the subliminal message sticks.

Look at the stuff they did to us. When the Luntz factory got done with the viewers they though RP was a cook.

It is so important to also project our message, with signs like RP will reduce your taxes, or RP will fix the economy or RP will fix our international reputation. General statements like this put the answer in peoples head on a subliminal level.

Not everyone will understand end the fed or some of our limited government views. We also have to promote to the evangelicals really early since they are in the first primaries.

Nathan Hale
01-02-2009, 08:54 PM
Negative campaigning works when you're the frontrunner threatened by upset candidacies, but the Liberty candidate isn't going to be in that position. Gary Johnson won his first race for Governor with a "no mention" policy - he didn't mention his opponent's name a single time during the race and ran entirely on his own merits. It's a better strategy for the Liberty candidate.