PDA

View Full Version : New Year's Coverage: Did Anybody Else Notice....?

angelatc
01-01-2009, 10:26 AM
Watching the countdown shows last night, I noticed that every single soldier in the Square that got 30 seconds of featured camera time was either coming back from, or headed to, Afghanistan. Iraq wasn't mentioned by any of them.

To quote Kelley Vlahos: "Or in the spirit of those insipid New Year lists, Afghanistan: In/Iraq: Out. "

heavenlyboy34
01-01-2009, 03:56 PM
Watching the countdown shows last night, I noticed that every single soldier in the Square that got 30 seconds of featured camera time was either coming back from, or headed to, Afghanistan. Iraq wasn't mentioned by any of them.

To quote Kelley Vlahos: "Or in the spirit of those insipid New Year lists, Afghanistan: In/Iraq: Out. "

Sorry, I didn't...I don't own a TV. What do you think is important about this? :confused:

Time for Change
01-01-2009, 04:03 PM
They are afraid to say Iraq because of the clusterfuck it has become.

pacelli
01-01-2009, 04:05 PM
All I remember about the countdown is that the fucking clintons started it.

angelatc
01-01-2009, 04:57 PM
Sorry, I didn't...I don't own a TV. What do you think is important about this? :confused:

It means the neocon chant will turn from "We must win in Iraq" to "we must win in Afghanistan." I bet a lot of people (not us, but the uninformed majority) don't even remember we still have operations in Afghanistan. And who, exactly, are we fighting there now? Does anybody think Bin Laden is still there?

They are afraid to say Iraq because of the clusterfuck it has become.

Iraq isn't as explosive (literally) as it was. But that's partly because of genocide, which isn't really discussed.

amy31416
01-02-2009, 01:06 AM
We could have "won" at Tora Bora. Apparently the US doesn't actually have the impetus to "win" against the Taliban, Osama bin Laden or the alleged terrorists (most of whom are from Saudi Arabia--shocking!!!)

dannno
01-02-2009, 01:24 AM
No, but did anybody see that big poster in the background of one of the hosts that said, "Employee of the Month" from "Buy More" and had a picture of two guys, an older scraggly guy on the left and a guy with big puffy red hair on the right? I noticed it about 15 minutes after the count down, but I'll bet it was up there off and on all night. The guy with red hair is one of my best friends and does a lot of extra work, I was just hanging out with him today.