PDA

View Full Version : My Grandparents and the ideal government

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
12-31-2008, 03:34 PM
Both my grandmothers owned the purse in their relationship with my grandfathers.
On my mothers side of the family, my grandfather's authority just went so far as to torment and pester bickering family members to come together. This requirement was the self-evident truth and the only unalienable right we all had as members of the family and there would be hell to pay by him if someone failed to show. But this authority by my grandfather didn't require money. Where my family would meet and what our family would bring to eat was left up to my grandmother and her daughters, who were my mother and my aunts. The authority went to the women because the family followed my grandfather as the patriarch. He in turn, didn't own the purse. That responsibility was left to my grandmother who was very responsible.
This is how our nation should work.
Why is the government taxing us to make decisions for us? Aren't we supposed to own the purse? Aren't we a nation of the people? Just what is our government up to? (Please refer to former thread dealing with "Big Daddy and the nudie bar theory of economics.)

dannno
12-31-2008, 03:40 PM
Well I'm glad your grandfather didn't carry around purses..

LibertyEagle
12-31-2008, 03:46 PM
We've become a nation of brainwashed wimps.

Grimnir Wotansvolk
12-31-2008, 03:57 PM
the concept of a public purse is the root of the problem. it just screams for corruption

Truth Warrior
12-31-2008, 03:59 PM
"Many people never grow up. They stay all their lives with a passionate need for external authority and guidance, pretending not to trust their own judgment." -- Alan Watts

heavenlyboy34
12-31-2008, 04:07 PM
You mean individual purses or a collective purse? I don't wish to contribute to your collective purse, thanks. I don't do well with purses, and prefer my trifold wallet. If I have to carry a purse, it'd damn well better be stylish!

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
12-31-2008, 04:17 PM
Well I'm glad your grandfather didn't carry around purses..

On the intimate level, tyranny is just anything that isn't a legitimate marriage. We Americans divorced tyranny in the formal document of The Declaration of Independence before we remarried a more perfect model of it in the formal document of the U.S. Constitution. So, the people of the United States have a legal marriage with a new government that we erected over ourselves.
Our government today is trying to use legal-precedence to get itself out from this marriage. It has gone off and committed fornication with the International Community while it has signed an economic treaty with a tyranny in Mexico.
Pardon the expression, but our government has turned to the business of whoring us off as a bitch. We are no longer enjoying a legitimate marriage with our government but are being pimped.

But we should take blame in our being whored off. We tend to think irresponsibly in why we should keep tax money thinking that it we should do so only to improve our happiness. Actually the full reason we need to avoid paying taxes is to also keep our government honest. The less money we give big daddy, the less likely he is to corruptly run down to the nudie bar with it.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
12-31-2008, 04:18 PM
You mean individual purses or a collective purse? I don't wish to contribute to your collective purse, thanks. I don't do well with purses, and prefer my trifold wallet. If I have to carry a purse, it'd damn well better be stylish!

Perhaps you need more time in the oven. Try high heat.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
12-31-2008, 04:22 PM
"Many people never grow up. They stay all their lives with a passionate need for external authority and guidance, pretending not to trust their own judgment." -- Alan Watts

If the purpose of both authority and government is to dispense contentment to the people, then authority and government have become anarchy -- me.

Truth Warrior
12-31-2008, 04:24 PM
If the purpose of both authority and government is to dispense contentment to the people, then authority and government have become anarchy -- me. I could tell, :( WITHOUT the "me". :rolleyes:

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
12-31-2008, 04:28 PM
the concept of a public purse is the root of the problem. it just screams for corruption

The People inventing on the local level tend to create small businesses that grow faster, pay better and fill more office space than large corporations. In comparison, large corporations turn to lobbying on the Federal level for their survival. Such action ends up slowing the economy, paying less to workers while the office space in the cities empty out.
The Federal government is supposed to serve the states. The states are supposed to serve the cities.
We have it backwards.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
12-31-2008, 04:32 PM
I could tell, :( WITHOUT the "me". :rolleyes:

But people in this forum do argue for anarchy. Well, if the true purpose of authority is to dispense contentment and Hillary is our future instead, we do have anarchy.

Truth Warrior
12-31-2008, 04:35 PM
But people in this forum do argue for anarchy. Well, if the true purpose of authority is to dispense contentment and Hillary is our future instead, we do have anarchy. It DOESN'T get ANY better with repetition.<IMHO> :D

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
12-31-2008, 04:55 PM
It DOESN'T get ANY better with repetition.<IMHO> :D

You have yet to connect all the dots in history that have worked to bring humanity out from the dark, primitive caste system, the master pimping and slave whoring that he and she once suffered under, to the modern form of a marriage, the positive type government that he and she enjoys today.

Truth Warrior
12-31-2008, 05:44 PM
You have yet to connect all the dots in history that have worked to bring humanity out from the dark, primitive caste system, the master pimping and slave whoring that he and she once suffered under, to the modern form of a marriage, the positive type government that he and she enjoys today. Keep guessing! ;) You may just finally get ONE right, ONE of these years. :rolleyes: Yeah, I guess that individual vs. collective historically, is just simply a pretty difficult concept for some folks to grasp. :( :rolleyes:

Do you post from a tape loop?

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
01-01-2009, 02:30 AM
Keep guessing! ;) You may just finally get ONE right, ONE of these years. :rolleyes: Yeah, I guess that individual vs. collective historically, is just simply a pretty difficult concept for some folks to grasp. :( :rolleyes:

Do you post from a tape loop?

Individual (psychology) versus the collective (sociology) are established branches of the socalled cognitive or social sciences. Once again, these questionable sciences weren't around when the American Founding-Fathers created our nation.

Truth Warrior
01-01-2009, 10:25 AM
Individual (psychology) versus the collective (sociology) are established branches of the socalled cognitive or social sciences. Once again, these questionable sciences weren't around when the American Founding-Fathers created our nation.

"Complexity is the essence of the con and the hustle." :p

Keep it simple!

I'm an individual, you're an individual. At last count there's about 6.7 BILLION of us sharing this planet. ;)

"We shall require a substantially new manner of thinking if mankind is to survive." -- Albert Einstein

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
01-01-2009, 06:22 PM
"Complexity is the essence of the con and the hustle." :p
There is little complexity involved in the tyranny of pimping prostitutes.

Keep it simple!

There is a difference between that of simplicity and that of reducing down to a natural-law conclusion.

I'm an individual, you're an individual. At last count there's about 6.7 BILLION of us sharing this planet. ;)
To hell with the other 6.4 billion people in the world. They have their own pathetic governments to take care of them.

"We shall require a substantially new manner of thinking if mankind is to survive." -- Albert Einstein
Einstein has no idea to what extent mankind has gone from bad to worse, from worse to absurd, and from absurd to insanity.

Truth Warrior
01-01-2009, 06:49 PM
There is little complexity involved in the tyranny of pimping prostitutes.

There is a difference between that of simplicity and that of reducing down to a natural-law conclusion.

To hell with the other 6.4 billion people in the world. They have their own pathetic governments to take care of them.

http://www.peterrussell.com/Odds/WorldClock.php (http://www.peterrussell.com/Odds/WorldClock.php)

Einstein has no idea to what extent mankind has gone from bad to worse, from worse to absurd, and from absurd to insanity.

"I do not know with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -- Albert Einstein

heavenlyboy34
01-01-2009, 06:53 PM
Perhaps you need more time in the oven. Try high heat.

:confused: You've answered a question I didn't ask, I'm afraid. Try again.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
01-02-2009, 12:03 PM
:confused: You've answered a question I didn't ask, I'm afraid. Try again.

The needing to be "cooked more in the oven on high heat" is a metaphor for suffering. A lot of us haven't suffered nearly enough. We still have a price that our patriotism can be bought out. Even today, most of us would prefer to receive the blessing from the hand of tyranny than have to suffer the necessary price for liberty.