Interested 25,706
Groups 1,062
Cities 720
Countries 20
Meetups 52,095

Previous thoughts were at this post:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=173805&page=2

So thinking with the meetup numbers:

52,000 meetups(each putting up a pac for non committed candidates so they can donate 5k to any candidate)

3 years for fund raising

100 dollars donated per all 109,000 of those people per year

This means their will be 32.7 million dollars split up between 52,000 meetups if we started right now for 2012.

That means each meetup could donate about 628 dollars of their cap of 5k for any one candidate.

This seems like the way to do things.

Any leaders want to organize this grassroots effort?

Sounds like we could have paul, johnson, sanford, all flooding the stage with liberty thoughts and outnumber the other side.

With matched funds this would guarantee that these very frugal men would start out with 10 million each plus another 10 million of matched funds.

Sarah, Huckabee and Romney would have a serious battle in iowa and nh on their hands

Why the heck not :)

scandinaviany3
01-01-2009, 01:52 AM
test b

scandinaviany3
01-11-2009, 04:36 PM
bump for liberty

georgiapeach
01-11-2009, 08:50 PM
Well, my Meetup Group appears to be dead, and efforts to revive it have thus far been unsucessful. They will blast anti-Semitic garbage back and forth to each other but ask if they want to get together or add some constructive thoughts and all you get is....crickets.

dr. hfn
01-11-2009, 11:58 PM
bump

ShannonOBrien
01-12-2009, 04:07 AM
52,000 meetups(each putting up a pac for non committed candidates so they can donate 5k to any candidate)

I think this sounds like a great idea but I'm just a little confused by the statement in parenthesis.

tribute_13
01-12-2009, 12:44 PM
Sounds like a good idea. Why have only one liberty candidate run? Back as many as we can to have a better chance.

Only problem is, the candidates can do all they want, but in the long run, all of us are going to have to get energized and active again. No more 3 member meetups that last 10 minutes because we can't think of anything to say or do. We're going to have to really do something. This next election we'll be better prepared. We'll have time to make money, time to organize, and time to plan. 2008 marked the year we tried for the best cause but had no idea what we were doing.

I don't want the Nevada State Convention to happen again. We could've had that secured if we knew about the Quorum rules and our supporters didn't leave. Tiny misunderstandings like that can now be corrected.

We'll be much more organized and stronger this next election season. We need to start setting aims on 2010 elections.

scandinaviany3
02-04-2009, 10:58 PM
I think this sounds like a great idea but I'm just a little confused by the statement in parenthesis.

It was meant to say that when you file the pac it should be a pac not committed to any candidate so that several candidates from each pac could receive the maximum donation.