PDA

View Full Version : Outreach: IMPORTANT CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE EVENT "THE PUFF HEARD ROUND THE WORLD" April 20 12:00 am

BarryDonegan
12-31-2008, 12:58 PM
it is only too significant that the Revolutionary War's Shot Heard Round the World occurred on 4/19.

at midnight after said day, on 4/20, we should demonstrate, by those who are willing, by a public civil disobedience event with marijuana.

the reason why this is a key issue right now, is because liberal economists are calling for Obama to decrim marijuana as a boost to the economy, we CANNOT let the liberals steal our issue. we need to have a major media event that predicates this legislation. we need our hands on this one. this is the kind of change America is ready for, and even FOX NEWS and the MSM are parroting this line.

this is a change we are responsible for, and we need to step up and slam dunk this one in while we have public support, it may be the only deregulatory move of the entire obama presidency, and we need to step it up and force it to happen faster.

here is my article from thefreedomrevolution.com calling for this event. I'm not sure exactly how we should go about doing it, whether its a march on washington thing or an every city thing, but lets get some dialogue going on how it should go down.

http://digg.com/political_opinion/The_Puff_Heard_Round_the_World_Mass_Civil_Disobedi ence_4_20#

http://thefreedomrevolution.com/articles-by-author-name/50-donegan-barry/1156-the-puff-heard-round-the-world

im not hellbent on the midnight aspect, but i feel like it would be symbolically more responsible if it was at night, and if the people involved had safe transportation back home

dannno
12-31-2008, 01:10 PM
Well last time I was at a medicinal cannabis protest downtown, the police told us not to smoke on city property (the courthouse lawn) and make sure we were only smoking our cannabis on the public sidewalk :D

dannno
12-31-2008, 01:11 PM
And I'm willing to share this issue with "the liberals" by the way.. we get MUCH bigger numbers that way, trust me.. and most of them want to legalize for the same logical reasons, personal freedom, and not just for tax money or whatever.

-lotus-
12-31-2008, 01:58 PM
we have earth day here in san diego every year and i see people toking up all over the place in balboa park. hell last year I think i saw someone with a 3 foot bong in the park, in a circle of people getting blazed and listening to the concerts with cops not more than 30 ft away, not doing a damn thing.

BarryDonegan
12-31-2008, 02:02 PM
And I'm willing to share this issue with "the liberals" by the way.. we get MUCH bigger numbers that way, trust me.. and most of them want to legalize for the same logical reasons, personal freedom, and not just for tax money or whatever.

sharing it is one thing, but the bottom line is it is a free market, deregulative, civil liberties move and we need our stamp on it, so when we push for other reforms, we can claim this victory. we don't want people to use decriminalization of marijuana as a justifier of other big government programs.. i.e. the democrats know what "proper" regulation is because they realized that marijuana should be legal.

RevolutionSD
12-31-2008, 03:58 PM
we have earth day here in san diego every year and i see people toking up all over the place in balboa park. hell last year I think i saw someone with a 3 foot bong in the park, in a circle of people getting blazed and listening to the concerts with cops not more than 30 ft away, not doing a damn thing.

Weed is practically legal here in CA. Cops tend to turn the other way if they see someone toking up.

Grimnir Wotansvolk
12-31-2008, 04:00 PM
And I'm willing to share this issue with "the liberals" by the way.. we get MUCH bigger numbers that way, trust me.. and most of them want to legalize for the same logical reasons, personal freedom, and not just for tax money or whatever.liberals always follow up legalization with "so we can tax the shit out of it", which is going to be a huge problem. this plant belongs to the earth, not the government

enjoiskaterguy
12-31-2008, 04:13 PM
interesting idea.

BarryDonegan
12-31-2008, 04:19 PM
liberals always follow up legalization with "so we can tax the shit out of it", which is going to be a huge problem. this plant belongs to the earth, not the government

that is the next problem, but it is a step closer to the righteous freedom. the CFR types took 100 year approach to steal the government, you can't get it back overnight

gotta slippery slope em.

FrankRep
12-31-2008, 04:24 PM
You could always roll up tobacco in a zigzag and pretend its marijuana.
(If you don't smoke weed)

Isaac Bickerstaff
01-01-2009, 01:07 AM
the reason why this is a key issue right now, is because liberal economists are calling for Obama to decrim marijuana as a boost to the economy, we CANNOT let the liberals steal our issue. we need to have a major media event that predicates this legislation. we need our hands on this one. this is the kind of change America is ready for, and even FOX NEWS and the MSM are parroting this line.

In this police state, we know that weed will never be decriminalized. I think it would be great if liberals jumped onto the marijuana issue. The libertarian types are the only ones who will actually work toward repealing laws instead of just talking. If this is the issue that recruits more liberals to the freedom movement, so be it. The Lefties in power will only disappoint if they start talking about it, and the more people get disappointed by government, the stronger our movement gets.

Of course, we're talking about lefty pot smokers here; maybe I am giving them too much credit.

BarryDonegan
01-01-2009, 02:55 PM
In this police state, we know that weed will never be decriminalized.

i disagree with this sentiment, i am a believer that weed is on a collision course with decriminalization whether we help or not. that is why this is of paramount importance that we make sure the association is still with us. because there is a good chance it will be legalized, and the economy will recover a little bit because of it. that might associate prohibition with economic failure, and will prove us right on other issues we haven't tried yet. this is why it is a key issue for us in these times of stress.

marijuana used to be very profitable for the intelligence communities, and the big drug dealers, but with all of the domestic growing going on, it is no longer a profitable enterprise for them, meaning the resistance to it from either drug dealers or shady individuals in the government will not be there. that is one thing that keeps these prohibitionary laws alive, and i think that there is a perfect storm to allow the MJ to become completely legal.

this is why it is the right time to strike. when Fox news is portraying it as a majority opinion, you know that TPTB have abandoned the idea.

Ex Post Facto
01-01-2009, 04:00 PM
This might be a great way to resist peacefully. If everyone is toking up, can they handle the burden on the criminal justice system? Of course not, and once we realize this fact we have to ask the question; why do we selectively enforce it then? Which begs the next logical question of: Why not make it legal if it can't be fairly enforced?

BarryDonegan
01-04-2009, 02:23 AM
yeah, and it emboldens officials that might want to vote in favor of decrim leg.

Expatriate
01-04-2009, 02:33 AM
Have you heard what James Carroll is going to do in NH?
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=171791

http://digg.com/politics/18_Y_O_Will...test_Drug_War#
Young Man to Possess Marijuana as a Protest Against Current Drug Laws

KEENE, NEW HAMPSHIRE – A young, 18 year old man will purposefully possess marijuana to incite his own arrest. At 1:00 PM on January 10,
at 82 Main Street in Keene, New Hampshire, J. Andrew Carroll will illegally be in possession of marijuana as a protest against the drug
laws of the country.

Echoing the thoughts of other liberty-loving people, Carroll says, “The drug war is an unconstitutional and inhumane breach of individual
liberties which claims many victims, and dollars, each year.” Carroll claims he wants to “demonstrate the absurdity of putting a human being
in jail for a crime with no victim.” He says the point is further demonstrated by the fact that he does not, personally, smoke marijuana, and only intends to possess it.

The war on drugs has garnered much public interest, as more and more people are becoming directly affected by it each day; and Carroll says
that protesting the drug war in such a manner will bring even more attention to an already press-worthy issue. He also says the protest
will “change some minds, somewhere” about the American government's War on Drugs.

As a member of the Free State Project (FSP), an organization which is attempting to get liberty-minded people to move to New Hampshire to
aid in reducing the size and power of government, Carroll moved to the Granite State from California only a few months ago.
Maybe you should try to contact him and join forces.

I don't know his email, but the number he posted for contacts is:
Phone: (562) 505-1289

RonPaulVolunteer
01-04-2009, 03:17 AM
It will be legal soon. But not for the reasons any of you seem stuck on.

This is time for a New World Order. They are going to overthrow this nation. And they are going to have all the fittest youngest potential freedom fighters sitting at home getting high. Nice.

When the govt turns to restore our freedoms, they are not doing it for YOU! It's time to put this dope issue aside and see it for what it is. This is not about your freedoms, this is about your neutralization.

Isaac Bickerstaff
01-04-2009, 08:11 AM
This might be a great way to resist peacefully. If everyone is toking up, can they handle the burden on the criminal justice system? Of course not, and once we realize this fact we have to ask the question; why do we selectively enforce it then? Which begs the next logical question of: Why not make it legal if it can't be fairly enforced?

Haliburton (KBR) is hard at work building prisons around the country. It is simple supply and demand; the huge oversupply of prison beds drives up the demand for prisoners. Weed will never be decriminalized because the prison industrial complex needs occupants.

When the govt turns to restore our freedoms, they are not doing it for YOU! It's time to put this dope issue aside and see it for what it is. This is not about your freedoms, this is about your neutralization.

Valid point. I am afraid some of the pro-weed "freedom fighters" would use the Constitution as a giant rolling paper once they get their weed back.

Bruno
01-04-2009, 08:21 AM
It will be legal soon. But not for the reasons any of you seem stuck on.

This is time for a New World Order. They are going to overthrow this nation. And they are going to have all the fittest youngest potential freedom fighters sitting at home getting high. Nice.

Soma, anyone?

coastie
01-04-2009, 11:29 AM
Haliburton (KBR) is hard at work building prisons around the country. It is simple supply and demand; the huge oversupply of prison beds drives up the demand for prisoners. Weed will never be decriminalized because the prison industrial complex needs occupants.

Valid point. I am afraid some of the pro-weed "freedom fighters" would use the Constitution as a giant rolling paper once they get their weed back.

Its fucking stupid comments like this that add to the problem, turn off the TV, and quit watching "dazed and confused"...Your just ASS-U-ming that weed turns everyone into useless, hungry zombies, and that certainly isnt the case..

BarryDonegan
01-04-2009, 03:47 PM
Legalizing marijuana will not cause a significant increase in marijuana use. Legalizing marijuana will not cause a significant increase in marijuana abuse symptoms in american citizens, and would not in any way significantly influence Americans to become lethargic. The prison lobby does not have enough money to pay off every congressman on both sides such that an opinion of 80% majority can be ignored. Marijuana has remained illegal because the majority did not approve of it.

The reason it will be legalized is because the public support for it is growing, and the public discontent is growing at the same time.

Lets get on the front lines and claim our first win of '09.

Anti Federalist
01-04-2009, 04:43 PM
You really want to get the powers that be upset?

Go smoke tobacco in a "prohibited area".

BarryDonegan
01-05-2009, 04:02 AM
yeah, there is reason to fear that prohibition of tobacco might even return at the rate city governments are going after it.

even TN started some draconian rules about it in bars and it is our state crop!

speciallyblend
01-05-2009, 07:49 AM
You could always roll up tobacco in a zigzag and pretend its marijuana.
(If you don't smoke weed)

or do not smoke and enjoy green eggs and ham or a cookie or brownie:) and then your 100% safe :) eating marijuana is 100% safe and no argument against it:) so forget smoking and remember argue like SAFER did:)

http://www.saferchoice.org/
MARIJUANA is FAR LESS DANGEROUS then ALCOHOL, END OF DISCUSSION, ARGUMENT OVER DEAD DONE WITH, FINISHED, NEXT!!!!!!!!!!

BarryDonegan
01-05-2009, 06:01 PM
yeah, the only real harmful aspect of the smoking is the whole blazing hot stuff in your lungs part. i suppose if you orally consumed it that would take that aspect out.

mediahasyou
01-05-2009, 06:02 PM
hey i put this up at my blog barry. lets get this rolling. and the marijuana community involved in our cause.

http://digg.com/world_news/Digg_This_for_the_Decriminalization_of_Weed#

digg this for publicity.

mediahasyou
01-05-2009, 06:05 PM
yeah, the only real harmful aspect of the smoking is the whole blazing hot stuff in your lungs part. i suppose if you orally consumed it that would take that aspect out.

we should send this out to some sites in the marijuana community.

BarryDonegan
01-05-2009, 06:08 PM
I'm not real conversant in which sites are big in the marijuana community, maybe if someone who is could post a lot of them and we could start hitting them up.

speciallyblend
01-05-2009, 06:11 PM
hey i put this up at my blog barry. lets get this rolling. and the marijuana community involved in our cause.

http://digg.com/world_news/Digg_This_for_the_Decriminalization_of_Weed#

digg this for publicity.

digg dugg

mediahasyou
01-05-2009, 06:12 PM
I'm not real conversant in which sites are big in the marijuana community, maybe if someone who is could post a lot of them and we could start hitting them up.

we could get articles to the front page of digg easily with the support of the libertarian community and using community.

plus we would get coverage on their sites.

mediahasyou
01-05-2009, 06:15 PM

this guy might know some people

but he is no longer writing.
http://hempsavetheworld.wordpress.com/

BarryDonegan
01-05-2009, 06:25 PM
everyone post different MJ or hemp related sites that have access to that community, that you might be aware of, and well all contact them and tell them about the event.

speciallyblend
01-05-2009, 06:50 PM
http://www.saferchoice.org/ Colorado is covered. we already have a huge protest day in boulder/denver/co springs and all over the state of colorado.

dannno
01-05-2009, 06:58 PM

I always used to post at www.cannabisnews.com a long time ago. They post up nearly all stories, positive or negative, good or bad, in the media, that are related to the WOsD (War on some Drugs, a term that I believe was popularized by cannabisnews.com posters)

mediahasyou
01-05-2009, 07:15 PM
I always used to post at www.cannabisnews.com a long time ago. They post up nearly all stories, positive or negative, good or bad, in the media, that are related to the WOsD (War on some Drugs, a term that I believe was popularized by cannabisnews.com posters)

thanks. emailed them. its important that these guys get involved in the libertarian community. if we merged our power, we will be able to accomplish much.

BarryDonegan
01-06-2009, 12:26 PM
who else knows key sites in this area.

polomertz
01-06-2009, 12:52 PM
Don't forget http://norml.org/

BarryDonegan
01-07-2009, 01:12 PM
good call.