PDA

View Full Version : Vacuum sealer on sale - LAST DAY 12-31-08

withallmyheart
12-31-2008, 10:46 AM
Thought I'd share with you this deal I found for a food vacuum sealer. Package your food or other items in air tight vacuumed bags.

Found on the site: http://www.survivalblog.com/

Wednesday December 31 2008
Note from JWR:

It's your last day! More than 675 SurvivalBlog readers have bought Foodsaver vacuum packing/sealing systems at the special December $59.99 sale price. We get a little "piece of the action" for each order. So this a is a great way to save money and to support SurvivalBlog in the new year. Don't miss out on this sale!"]You can buy a FoodSaver v2830 for $59.99 (originally $169.99) with free Standard Shipping for orders over $100, directly FoodSaver.com.Use code L8FAV28 at checkout.[/COLOR] This sale ends at midnight Eastern Time, tonight. By buying foods in bulk and re-packaging them in more handy (single meal size) vacuum bags, you can save a lot of money on your grocery bill. You can also vacuum pack Mason jars! (These come with a wide mouth Mason jar adapter as an included accessory.) But be sure to get an additional regular mouth Mason jar adapter, for an extra $8.99.) Buy a FoodSaver. You'll be glad that you did!

Permalink - Email This

LibertyEagle
12-31-2008, 10:46 AM
Oh cool, thank you, I've been meaning to buy one of these. :)

It's showing 99.99. :(

withallmyheart
12-31-2008, 10:54 AM
It's showing 99.99. :(

Put the code in at the checkout.

pinkmandy
12-31-2008, 11:46 AM
They are awesome. We have the Mason jar attachments, too and highly recommend them. :D

Dieseler
12-31-2008, 12:56 PM
I can't find the ad.
I know it must be me and theres a lot of stuff to wade through there.

LibertyEagle
12-31-2008, 12:59 PM
I haven't been able to find the small mason jar attachments yet.

Dieseler
12-31-2008, 01:02 PM
Is the ad in the middle or on the right side LE?

Dieseler
12-31-2008, 01:03 PM
Wow, it was at the top of the page, my bad.

Dieseler
12-31-2008, 01:07 PM
Heres the page you want LE.
http://www.foodsaver.com/Category.aspx?id=c&cid=89&sort=0&page=2

http://www.foodsaver.com/Images/Products/PRODUCTS/T17-0012_114.JPG

LibertyEagle
12-31-2008, 01:09 PM
Thank you. :)

Dieseler
12-31-2008, 01:12 PM
Thank you. :)

Your Welcomed,
and happy new year!
:)

LibertyEagle
12-31-2008, 08:11 PM
Put the code in at the checkout.

Yup, it worked. Thanks for telling us about this. :)

Deborah K
12-31-2008, 08:16 PM
Damn!! We paid 140.00 for ours a few months back at COSTCO! This is a good deal folks, get one while you can! I was just mentioning the Food Saver in another thread, I'm going to put this thread in that one.

decatren
12-31-2008, 08:44 PM
what if they shut down electricity? :D:D
thanks for heads up!

Deborah K
12-31-2008, 08:46 PM
what if they shut down electricity? :D:D
thanks for heads up!

Get a generator. Buy it now and start sealing everything before they shut your electricity off. :p

tangent4ronpaul
01-01-2009, 12:06 AM
3 probs with generators:

1) They need to be repaired from time to time - got spare parts and knowledge?

2) They need fuel - it's hard to store a lot. Granted, they can be modified to run on ethanol - know how?

3) Gas breaks down and becomes gummy - something that can kill your gen unless treated - know about that?

We have a cheap one - really - you get what you pay for. At $140 - you can ride a blackout, at least the critical things - don't expect to run your AC, and light the house - but running alternating your fridge and other things - OK. For a while... as in maybe weeks with good conservation.

More long term solutions need to be worked out - unless you have a oil well and refinery in your back yard.

-t

withallmyheart
01-06-2009, 09:41 PM
Sale extended until "while they last"

http://www.survivalblog.com/

Wednesday January 7 2009
Note from JWR:

The sale goes on! More than 700 SurvivalBlog readers have bought Foodsaver vacuum packing/sealing systems at the special $59.99 sale price. I had thought that the sale would end on December 31st but the manufacturer is still honoring the sale price while supplies last. (The promotion program manager mentioned that it would be less than two weeks.) We get a little "piece of the action" for each order. So this a is a great way to save money and to support SurvivalBlog in the new year. Don't miss out on this sale! You can buy a FoodSaver v2830 for $59.99 (originally $169.99) with free Standard Shipping for orders over $100, directly FoodSaver.com.Use code L8FAV28 at checkout. Note that the special price will not show up until the last step of the checkout process.

By buying foods in bulk and re-packaging them in more handy (single meal size) vacuum bags, you can save a lot of money on your grocery bill. You can also vacuum pack Mason jars! (These come with a wide mouth Mason jar adapter as an included accessory.) But be sure to get an additional regular mouth Mason jar adapter, for an extra $8.99.) Buy a FoodSaver. You'll be glad that you did!

decatren
01-06-2009, 10:11 PM
ahhh fuck it. I ordered 1 too with 4 extra rolls. I was looking at canisters they got in sale for 3 and change, but they seem to be made of polycarbonate. doesn't say BPA free, so I skipped the canisters.

decatren
01-06-2009, 10:12 PM
Get a generator. Buy it now and start sealing everything before they shut your electricity off. :p

lmao :D

tmosley
01-07-2009, 12:46 PM
ahhh fuck it. I ordered 1 too with 4 extra rolls. I was looking at canisters they got in sale for 3 and change, but they seem to be made of polycarbonate. doesn't say BPA free, so I skipped the canisters.

FYI BPA impregnated plastics are fine for dry storage. The stuff may leech out into liquids, and it will DEFINITELY come out if heated, but otherwise it should be fine.

LibertyEagle
01-07-2009, 12:51 PM
FYI BPA impregnated plastics are fine for dry storage. The stuff may leech out into liquids, and it will DEFINITELY come out if heated, but otherwise it should be fine.

Which is less worse, polycarbonate or just regular plastic containers? Yes, I know glass is best, but sometimes you need a plastic container.