PDA

View Full Version : Police do not recommend fighting off an attacker

sharpsteve2003
12-31-2008, 09:12 AM
CA Woman To Would-Be Carjacker: ‘I’m Gonna Blow Your B!*#* Off’

The woman said the robber punched her before attempting to get behind the wheel of her van in order to drive it away. That is when she began stabbing him in the leg, shoulder and neck area with scissors she had in the center console.

http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=251043

sharpsteve: The reporter says Police do not recommend fighting off an attacker. I say Her only mistake was to have not pulled the trigger.

acptulsa
12-31-2008, 10:04 AM
Police do not recommend fighting off an attacker. That's why the police in my town sit around the corner from the crime in progress until the attacker has had a chance to take everything and abuse and kill everyone to his or her heart's content before they show up. Saves them from having to fight the perp off.

Oh, sorry, they're not waiting for the attack to be over. They're 'waiting for back up'. Of course, you wouldn't have dialed 911 if you weren't in more dire need of back up than they, but that doesn't count--you're not a 'brother in blue'.

Support your local police--if there is danger, have the decency to just die and leave them out of it. But do be sure to speed past your local donut shop so they can meet their quotas with ease...

The One
12-31-2008, 10:07 AM
I like letting attackers beat the fuck out of me. It's fun.

gls
12-31-2008, 10:10 AM
Why defend yourself when you can dial 911 and die?

asimplegirl
12-31-2008, 10:24 AM
of course not, she should have left that o the police who showed up later.

roshie
12-31-2008, 10:27 AM
The campus police here always recommends that we obey robbers. The reason mainly is to ensure that you are not harmed in any way as long as the robber gets what they want. However it gives up your own right to defend your property, it's really just a personal choice and a recommendation isn't the same as forcing you to give up defending yourself.

torchbearer
12-31-2008, 10:31 AM
This is most likely a legal reason.
If they tell you to fight back, and you do, and then get hurt..
Then the police organization that put the info out would get sue for information that led to the damage a person recieved by following the law enforceres recommendation.

mediahasyou
12-31-2008, 12:05 PM
Most of the time, police are the aggressers.

The One
12-31-2008, 01:03 PM
Most of the time, police are the aggressers.

They're also frequently the aggressOrs.

brandon
12-31-2008, 01:07 PM
lol @ them bleeping out "balls"

Mitt Romneys sideburns
12-31-2008, 01:17 PM
eh, use your own judgment.

The_Orlonater
12-31-2008, 02:20 PM
Haha, no thank you.

Patriot123
12-31-2008, 02:21 PM
Watch the whole video, perhaps, before spewing propaganda?

The police said they do not recommend fighting off an attacker for your own safety, however, they acknowledge the courageousness and bravery of this woman. What does this mean? They're saying for your own safety you shouldn't try fighting off someone who's trying to jack your car. But if you're brave enough and willing to risk your life for it, good for you. I wouldn't expect anything less from police - it was a very proper comment.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
12-31-2008, 03:18 PM
CA Woman To Would-Be Carjacker: ‘I’m Gonna Blow Your B!*#* Off’

The woman said the robber punched her before attempting to get behind the wheel of her van in order to drive it away. That is when she began stabbing him in the leg, shoulder and neck area with scissors she had in the center console.

http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=251043

sharpsteve: The reporter says Police do not recommend fighting off an attacker. I say Her only mistake was to have not pulled the trigger.

Rule #21: While having more lawyers and more police will lead to more crime, having less lawyers and more police, and more lawyers and less police will likewise lead to more crime. So, the best way to lower the crime rate is to have less lawyers and less police. One acheives this by implementing less laws, regulations and statutes.

akihabro
01-02-2009, 05:42 PM
Just play dead and hope the bear will go away. I'm sorry I was in the Army and If someone would make a threat like that to me, I'd kill him. I'd have no remorse for someone seriously threating my life.
Wow so he tried to carjack 2 more people after that? Did she keep the gun as a souvenir?

Time for Change
01-02-2009, 06:20 PM
WOOHOO, one more for the good guys!

I like that woman!
We need more people like her in this country...a lot more

danberkeley
01-02-2009, 07:02 PM
Rule #21: While having more lawyers and more police will lead to more crime, having less lawyers and more police, and more lawyers and less police will likewise lead to more crime. So, the best way to lower the crime rate is to have less lawyers and less police. One acheives this by implementing less laws, regulations and statutes.

Does anyone ever know the what UEW is talking about? :confused:

torchbearer
01-02-2009, 07:38 PM
Does anyone ever know the what UEW is talking about? :confused:

Sounds like correlations.
I'm not sure about the strengths of relationships... but such things could be found in social statistics.