PDA

View Full Version : Radio ad

BillyDkid
09-11-2007, 11:34 AM
I have been working on my radio ad I want to put together. I have whittled away a lot and I can just barely fit it into a minute. I had to cut out a lot of stuff I really liked - I tend to go on and on. Please give me your impressions. Try to be reasonably gentle - I'm trying to do a good job. How do you feel about the general thrust? I'm not sure anyone actually remembers such a time except from childhood when we are all naive. thanks, BDK

Remember how it felt to be an American? Remember how proud it made you feel to live in the land of the free and the home of the brave?

Remember when you believed that America was not merely the most powerful nation on earth, but also the most just, the most free and the most admired?

Remember when you could look up to our leaders as examples of integrity and honor – when you trusted them to tell you the truth?

You can feel that way again. You can elect Ron Paul for President.

Ron Paul is a leader who knows that the legacy of liberty and peace left to us by our forefathers is a sacred trust and war should be our last option.

We can leave our children a nation of peace and prosperity and liberty, beholden to none and a friend to peace loving people all over the world.

We can elect Ron Paul for President of the United States.

There’s a revolution going on – the Ron Paul revolution, and you can be a part of it.

Go to www.ronpaul2008.com to find out more. Join the revolution. Support Ron Paul for President..

This message is paid for by proud, independent supporters of Ron Paul for President.

LibertyEagle
09-11-2007, 11:36 AM
Instead of the revolution stuff, what do you think about something like.. There is Hope for America......

BillyDkid
09-11-2007, 11:43 AM
Instead of the revolution stuff, what do you think about something like.. There is Hope for America......Yes, I think the hope for America thing will resonate with people. Do you think the revolution thing will put people off? It has been kind of central to the grass roots campaign. My personal feeling is that it is, in fact, a revolution - a peaceful one in the best spirit of America, but I can see how the word revolution does not work for some people. Thanks for your input.

BillyDkid
09-11-2007, 12:07 PM
I'm bumping this myself. Please, I would like your input/guidance. This is something I am going to do myself. I'm not requesting material support - only if you think this sucks or is effective. Remember, there is just so much you can fit in in 60 seconds, so bear that in mind. I value your opinions. thanks again, BDK

Badger Paul
09-11-2007, 12:50 PM
It's good. I think I would reword it without the "revolution" term but overall I think its very good.

If you want to run the ad in place where it will be cheap to do so, you can't go wrong with Wyoming.

BillyDkid
09-11-2007, 01:53 PM
It's good. I think I would reword it without the "revolution" term but overall I think its very good.

If you want to run the ad in place where it will be cheap to do so, you can't go wrong with Wyoming.
You think? Is that an early primary? Actually, I was planning on putting it on local stations in Central New York. My thinking is this now - spreading the RP message anywhere helps RP everywhere - more people, more energy, more money. Can I get some other opinions please, especially in regard to the revolution thing. Once I get it recorded I would like you guys to hear it. I am not sure how to do it - what format, where to put it. I do have a web page on sound clicks with songs I wrote. I could probably stick it on there. Listen, if you guys think this is a stupid idea, please tell me. I just want to help. I really believe we have one last chance to turn America around and I don't want to blow it. I am stupid about this stuff - are there legal issues I need to be concerned with? thx

ctb619
09-11-2007, 01:58 PM
I think the text is solid, and I would echo those who suggested a deletion of the "revolution" stuff in favor of "hope for America." Get someone with a good radio voice to record this, some decent background music and you have yourself a winner.

thomj76
09-11-2007, 01:59 PM
...or the statement, "Help restore the Dream that is America"

Badger Paul
09-11-2007, 04:22 PM
Wyoming is the first state to go in the GOP nominating process. It will hold county conventions to pick 12 delegates to the GOP convention on Jan. 5, 2008. This is a golden opportunity to get an early win as I doubt many of the GOP candidates will spend a lot of time and money there. Given that its a sparsely populated state, ad rate are going to be pretty cheap.

You're ad could very well be the first presidential ad in the state. Go with it!

Matt Collins
09-11-2007, 09:16 PM
Who is the target audience, and how are you going to reach them? What format radio station will your ad run on? What time of the day? Who's show?

Is this a branding/name recognition ad, or a call to action? What do you hope to achieve with this ad?

I have a minor in marketing and I am a talk radio producer.