PDA

View Full Version : Hard labour for couple who criticised President

WarDog
12-30-2008, 08:18 PM
A missionary couple from Britain have been sentenced to a year’s hard labour in an African prison for calling the Gambian President a madman.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/africa/article5421148.ece

pinkmandy
12-30-2008, 08:23 PM
God works in mysterious ways. Or if you go to another country and live there for 12 years you should probably get familiar with their laws.

satchelmcqueen
12-30-2008, 10:36 PM
obama is also a madman IMO.

SeanEdwards
12-30-2008, 10:49 PM
I think it was very considerate of the Gambian president to confirm their allegation.

cheapseats
01-01-2009, 01:09 PM
On the one hand, I find "Missionary Work" offensive on its face and almost invariably corrupt beneath the surface -- adding wherever it is remotely relevant, particularly now that we are in Economic Free-Fall, that Churches should be taxed like other Individuals and Entities.

That said, this sentence is appalling, regardless of the indiscretion of the people themselves -- sticks and stones, ay what? Pointedly and loudly, I accuse the leaders of the ostensibly Free World, particularly OUR leaders -- who are so free and easy about cramming democracy down other nations' throats with the barrel of a gun, but who are conspicuously silent on this brutal quashing of Free Speech -- of being COWARDS and HYPOCRITES.

Now what, am I obliged to make license plates?

heavenlyboy34
01-01-2009, 01:12 PM
On the one hand, I find "Missionary Work" offensive on its face and almost invariably corrupt beneath the surface -- adding wherever it is remotely relevant, particularly now that we are in Economic Free-Fall, that Churches should be taxed like other Individuals and Entities.

That said, this sentence is appalling, regardless of the indiscretion of the people themselves -- sticks and stones, ay what? Pointedly and loudly, I accuse the leaders of the ostensibly Free World, particularly OUR leaders -- who are so free and easy about cramming democracy down other nations' throats with the barrel of a gun -- of being COWARDS and HYPOCRITES.

Now what, am I obliged to make license plates?

How would you tax churches? (that is, what style of taxation? Direct, indirect, etc.)

johnfloyd6675
01-01-2009, 09:50 PM
Step 1. Don't go to countries where people go to jail for shooting their mouths off if your intention is to shoot your mouth off (by being a missionary).

Step 2. You'll be fine.