PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul just mentioned on MSNBC Hardball - says someone like RP might win in 2012!!

StateofTrance
12-30-2008, 06:49 PM
When Matthews asked who would probably win in 2012, this MSNBC analyst said someone like Ron Paul would definitely win.

And then this other guy says someone like Barry Goldwater Republican like Mark Sanford :rolleyes: might have a chance..

MRoCkEd
12-30-2008, 06:56 PM
I hope that guy's right

RSLudlum
12-30-2008, 07:03 PM
When Matthews asked who would probably win in 2012, this MSNBC analyst said someone like Ron Paul would definitely win.

And then this other guy says someone like Barry Goldwater Republican like Mark Sanford :rolleyes: might have a chance..

Whether you like Sanford or not, there is a very good chance he could. ;)

zach
12-30-2008, 08:09 PM
Made my day. :D I enjoyed seeing his name being spoken by someone I didn't know on national television. ;)

Knightskye
12-30-2008, 08:17 PM

Do you know who he was talking to? Maybe I [or someone else] could find a clip of that on MSNBC's site?

go_carolina_528
12-30-2008, 08:17 PM

While I would love for Paul to win, I just feel his age will hold a ton of voters back. I would be happy with Sanford as President and Ron as Vice-President :)

Knightskye
12-30-2008, 08:23 PM
FOUND IT!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/28439298#28439298

It's around 3:40 in the video.

slacker921
12-30-2008, 08:30 PM
Will Sanford end the War on Terror and the War on Drugs?

constitutional
12-30-2008, 08:40 PM
"Someone like Ron Paul... who's not Ron Paul." By not RP I think they mean someone with mainstream views. LOL

Matt Collins
12-30-2008, 08:44 PM
Gary Johnson or Mark Sanford?

acptulsa
12-30-2008, 08:55 PM
"Someone like Ron Paul... who's not Ron Paul." By not RP I think they mean someone with mainstream views. LOL

Smells for all the world like they're planning a bait and switch. Well, at least it won't be Bob Barr again.

They usurped the Christian Insurrection of the eighties and nineties to their own plans. They're bound to try to do the same to us.

satchelmcqueen
12-30-2008, 10:17 PM

little things like this is what it takes to plant something in peoples minds that are usually unaware of things. if they keep saying his name and paul runs again only with more of a go get em attitude, i also think he could win.

Grimnir Wotansvolk
12-30-2008, 10:19 PM
Nixon and Reagan were an awful lot like Ron Paul. You all remember how that went down.

When will we learn? We need to stop playing this silly game.

satchelmcqueen
12-30-2008, 10:22 PM

just watched the vid, and yes they did say this.

wow. why not ron paul I say?? they still dont get it do they?

rockandrollsouls
12-30-2008, 10:22 PM
i wish ron would announce a run already

DFF
12-30-2008, 10:48 PM
The sooner, the better. An early 2012 announcement would bring major energy to the movement. And if SHTF, and Ron's still sharp as a tack and in good health, Diebold be damned - the man would TRULY have a shot at winning.

scandinaviany3
12-31-2008, 12:48 AM
looks like sanford is the man in the eyes of msnbc to pick up the pieces.

ghemminger
12-31-2008, 01:13 AM
Love RP but that train has left the station

H Roark
12-31-2008, 01:50 AM
I'm disappointed in Buchanan not chiming in and pushing the Ron Paul angle, ah well...

Eric21ND
12-31-2008, 02:02 AM
I'm disappointed in Buchanan not chiming in and pushing the Ron Paul angle, ah well...
I think libertarians scare him.

Knightskye
12-31-2008, 04:05 AM
I think libertarians scare him.

Along with the dude on the Quaker Oats box.

libertarian4321
12-31-2008, 06:05 AM
Katrina vanden Heuvel is an extreme liberal who likes Ron Paul better than other Republicans ONLY because he stood up against the war in Iraq. I doubt she's a big fan of Ron Paul overall.

LibertyEagle
12-31-2008, 06:14 AM
Nixon and Reagan were an awful lot like Ron Paul. You all remember how that went down.
Hardly. Nixon wasn't at all like Ron Paul and Reagan, well, he could talk the talk, but he didn't walk the walk.

When will we learn? We need to stop playing this silly game.
What are you suggesting?

libertarian4321
12-31-2008, 06:40 AM

BTW, they were talking about winning the Republican nomination, not winning the Presidency.

rich34
12-31-2008, 07:29 AM
You guys are fooling yourselves if you think Sanford is somekind of second coming of Ron Paul. If he stood up for liberty and what is right like some of you guys believe then the guy would have came out and endorsed Ron Paul before the South Carolina primary...Guess what HE DIDN'T!

Yes I agree he is more fiscal conservative than most of the other ones, but so was Reagan supposedly when he first got in. His tune will change and he'll be controlled as well. I hate to be negative, but the only one I trust is Ron Paul. The rest imo will be plants to try and control the movement that Ron started. I can only pray and hope that Ron is in good enough health to make another run.

acptulsa
12-31-2008, 07:31 AM
wow. why not ron paul I say?? they still dont get it do they?

They get it. They get that they have to give lip service to what the people want before they'll get put in positions of power so they can then break those promises. They are trying to usurp our message so they can use their superior ability to make noise in the populace (otherwise known as the MSN) to drown us out with our same message.

The difference, of course, is that there would be a chance one of our candidates would remain scrupulous and represent the people if elected. Those candidates who get the media's blessing will obviously be the one who has no intention whatsoever of keeping campaign promises. No intention at all.

It's going to be hard enough convincing people not to support them without us falling for the bull. Caveat emptor. Please.

Hardly. Nixon wasn't at all like Ron Paul and Reagan, well, he could talk the talk, but he didn't walk the walk.

Speaking of using the message to gain power, then not keeping promises--LE, I don't recall ever seeing Reagan walk the walk. Maybe my memory is faulty...

P.S. rich34, we were typing the same thing at the same time and I didn't even notice I was sharing the wavelength!

StateofTrance
12-31-2008, 08:21 AM
BTW, they were talking about winning the Republican nomination, not winning the Presidency.

Of course....Now if you want me to provide everything, then where's the excitement left? ;)

paulitics
12-31-2008, 09:20 AM
Reagan was a trojan horse. Goldwater was the real deal, and last true conservative to get that far.

RevolutionSD
12-31-2008, 09:55 AM

Ron Paul and Gary Johnson are going to run. This way the msm can't easily ignore and cast aside the libertarian ideas. Still, I think this won't work. It is likely that they will still nominate a media favorite like Sarah Palin or worse- AHHNOLD.

JamesButabi
12-31-2008, 09:56 AM
I dont care if hes 77 or not. If he wins and his health fails, thats what a strong VP pick is for. Put the right man in the front.

Sandra
12-31-2008, 10:31 AM
I think the excitement will be tenfold if RP gets to campaigning for himself of his pick for candidate righ now.

Eric21ND
12-31-2008, 10:47 AM
Katrina vanden Heuvel is an extreme liberal who likes Ron Paul better than other Republicans ONLY because he stood up against the war in Iraq. I doubt she's a big fan of Ron Paul overall.
Shit I'll take it. Fricking liberal hosts were giving RP more respect and admiration than anyone in the Republican establishment. Even people that really liked RP, like Tom McClintock didn't give their full endorsement. Liberals were the only ones saying Ron Paul should be treated like a serious candidate. I remember Bill Press defending him pretty good on a show.

Eric21ND
12-31-2008, 10:53 AM
We proved we can raise a ton of money, $20 million in the 4th quarter alone! Imagine if we laid the ground work early, we could have $20 million dollar quarters every 3 months. By the end Ron Paul or whoever he endorses could potentially get $100 million.

Hell the day he launches his campaign we could probably raise a good $10-20 million! Imagine the media frenzy and excitement. Just thinking about this gets pumped like in the early days of the campaign.

Conza88
12-31-2008, 11:02 AM

ie. Someone who TALKS like Ron Paul, BUT doesn't actually MEAN it.

- i.e a total f&^k head. :mad:

haaaylee
12-31-2008, 11:15 AM
Someone like like Ron Paul, only less of a kook. And why would she think Pat would laugh, he liked Ron.

synth_floyd
12-31-2008, 11:25 AM
Ron Paul is probably not even going to run in 2012. But I hope the GOP will at least field a legit small government conservative next time.

speciallyblend
12-31-2008, 12:13 PM
highly doubtful either way ,until we fire the national gop leadership and about 95% of the state gop leadership. until we do this!!!!! The republican brand name will be worthless in many states.

THE SCARLET LETTER is R and i doubt the republican/gop can rebrand or sell the R until; 8-12yrs. We can not even start counting the days or yrs until 95%-99% of the failed gop leadership is expelled from the party,looking so far at the way the gop leadership treated republicans and ron paul. We are no where near expelling the leadership. The failed leadership is trying to sell us a stale moldy loaf of bread(stands for the gop/republican party)

when will the gop wake up ?? i doubt in the next 4 yrs ,,everything i have heard from the failed gop leadership is simply called BS. I CALL BS. republican party is on a downslope and what they pulled on RON PAUL and republicans(old and new like me) ,just greased the slope. I will be holding the republican party ACCOUNTABLE FOR THE CORRUPTION AT OUR STATE CONVENTIONS AND NATIONAL CONVENTION FOR LIFE,NEVER FORGET

ok got that off my chest;) mike duncan and dick wadhams(insert other stae leaders here_______ and the whole gang must go,so far all we are hearing is these corrupt leaders lying and more mr hanky coming from their mouths. I CALL BS!!!

speciallyblend
12-31-2008, 12:24 PM
I think the excitement will be tenfold if RP gets to campaigning for himself of his pick for candidate righ now.

YES this is what we need now:) we need to campaign now with Ron Paul endorsing a new Candidate and if the gop doesn't line up behind who Ron Paul wants , then i say SCREW THE GOP and send them to the whig party;)
WHO WILL RON PAUL FORCE ME TO SIGN WAVE FOR:)

RON PAUL tell us now ,we need to start yesterday!!!! forget listening to the gop leadership, the only leader in the gop IS RON PAUL!!!

speciallyblend
12-31-2008, 12:42 PM
Ron Paul is probably not even going to run in 2012. But I hope the GOP will at least field a legit small government conservative next time.

DREAM ON!!! gop corruption cannot allow this!!!

scandinaviany3
12-31-2008, 01:08 PM
While I would love for Paul to win, I just feel his age will hold a ton of voters back. I would be happy with Sanford as President and Ron as Vice-President :)

yeah sanford pres and ron either vp or other top cabinet position of his choice

speciallyblend
12-31-2008, 01:12 PM
yeah sanford pres and ron either vp or other top cabinet position of his choice

yep Ron Paul the VP will choose our next president or the gop just will not get it.

The only LEADER in the GOP is RON PAUL, the rest are wha wha wha(like charlie browns grandma) wha wha wha.

scandinaviany3
12-31-2008, 01:18 PM
You guys are fooling yourselves if you think Sanford is somekind of second coming of Ron Paul. If he stood up for liberty and what is right like some of you guys believe then the guy would have came out and endorsed Ron Paul before the South Carolina primary...Guess what HE DIDN'T!

Yes I agree he is more fiscal conservative than most of the other ones, but so was Reagan supposedly when he first got in. His tune will change and he'll be controlled as well. I hate to be negative, but the only one I trust is Ron Paul. The rest imo will be plants to try and control the movement that Ron started. I can only pray and hope that Ron is in good enough health to make another run.

but a sanford/paul ticket is might tempting against an obama/biden ticket...

plus the nwo guys dare not challenge sanford and bump him off else ron would take over...

Sounds like a lot of fun to push

scandinaviany3
12-31-2008, 01:24 PM
We proved we can raise a ton of money, $20 million in the 4th quarter alone! Imagine if we laid the ground work early, we could have $20 million dollar quarters every 3 months. By the end Ron Paul or whoever he endorses could potentially get $100 million.

Hell the day he launches his campaign we could probably raise a good $10-20 million! Imagine the media frenzy and excitement. Just thinking about this gets pumped like in the early days of the campaign.

Too bad Ron couldnt run for governor of TX.

At least then he could build up a rather big nest egg to launch a 2012 presidential run.

yaz
12-31-2008, 03:22 PM
5:32 "he's not crazy" when talking about someone else after that other woman mentioned Ron Paul

rockandrollsouls
12-31-2008, 03:34 PM
Question. Why do you guys want Ron as the VP? The younger guy should be the VP

pacelli
12-31-2008, 03:39 PM
looks like sanford is the man in the eyes of msnbc to pick up the pieces.

I'd need a response from Sanford about his 2008 bilderberg attendance before I would consider voting for him. Ron Paul didn't attend bilderberg, why should I support someone who did?

RevolutionSD
12-31-2008, 03:53 PM
but a sanford/paul ticket is might tempting against an obama/biden ticket...

plus the nwo guys dare not challenge sanford and bump him off else ron would take over...

Sounds like a lot of fun to push

Umm, Sanford is a Bilderberger. :(

enjoiskaterguy
12-31-2008, 04:07 PM
I really hope Ron Paul runs again. Oh, what a powerful force we will be in the political realm if Dr. Paul runs in 2012.

raiha
12-31-2008, 04:50 PM
ie. Someone who TALKS like Ron Paul, BUT doesn't actually MEAN it.

- i.e a total f&^k head.

Someone who doesn't want to scrap the IRS and the Fed!!Heh heh :D

BenIsForRon
12-31-2008, 05:04 PM
"Someone like Ron Paul... who's not Ron Paul."

I think she meant someone who is younger and a better speaker. I agree with her here. I don't know all the paleoconservatives that are still around, but I really think Gary Johnson will be the way to go. Then again, if Paul were up to it, a Paul/Johnson ticket wouldn't be bad either.

RSLudlum
12-31-2008, 06:50 PM
I'd need a response from Sanford about his 2008 bilderberg attendance before I would consider voting for him. Ron Paul didn't attend bilderberg, why should I support someone who did?

Mark Sanford Confronted on Bilderberg Attendance and Media Blackout 12-9-08
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNtuFERbbPY

make your own judgement ;)

zara oly
12-31-2008, 11:29 PM
Katrinia Vanden Heuvel was the person among the MSNBC panelist who mentioned Ron Paul's name. Something was odd, however, when she said Buchanan might laugh when she was about to name Ron Paul as a 2012 GOP presidential candidate. She specifically tied his name with libertarianism and and popular support by young people to the idea of liberty. She did say someone not like Ron Paul, but someone like him, could run in 2012.

Lest it be forgotten, Vanden Heuvel is a member of the CFR, and editor/part owner of the Jewish-centric The Nation, which has not been particularly frienldy to Ron Paul. The fact that she mentioned someone like Ron Paul could run for prez in 2012 gives me the creeps. What I fear the most is that the hi-jackers of our national government may help install a dunce candidate for president - a person who only acts as a tool for the powers-that-be.

For people who think that Ron Paul would be too old to run in 2012, read this great article by Doug Wead. http://dougwead.wordpress.com/2008/12/01/is-ron-paul-too-old-to-run-for-president/
I for one would still work on behalf of Dr. Paul.

Eric21ND
12-31-2008, 11:45 PM

I agree Sanford is not our horse.

Bro.Butch
01-01-2009, 06:32 AM
The sooner, the better. An early 2012 announcement would bring major energy to the movement. And if SHTF, and Ron's still sharp as a tack and in good health, Diebold be damned - the man would TRULY have a shot at winning.

A 77 year old will never be elected POTUS. Never.

Gage
01-01-2009, 06:57 AM
A 77 year old will never be elected POTUS. Never.
Because of people like yourself.

Bro.Butch
01-01-2009, 07:34 AM
Because of people like yourself.

No because of the 130 million people who voted for soneone beside Ron. It takes 12 to 18 hours a day campaigning for over a year to be elected POTUS for the first time. Don't be a delusional cultist. The message not a man is the way...

Think

GARY E. JOHNSON 2012

Bro.Butch
01-01-2009, 07:49 AM
I agree Sanford is not our horse.

Bilderberg group takes them in and grooms them for the Presidency! They could already have Sanford. Listen to this on Rockefeller and Clinton in the early 90s....

John Wallace Show> Council on Foreign Relations and the Federal Reserve: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/john-wallace/2008/12/05/council-on-foreign-relations-and-the-federal-reserve

“These international bankers and Rockefeller Standard Oil interests control the majority of newspapers and the columns of these papers to club into submission or drive out of public office officials who refuse to do the bidding of the powerful corrupt cliques which compose the invisible government.” - Theodore Roosevelt

werdd
01-01-2009, 10:28 AM
what exactly do you guys like about sanford?

http://www.ontheissues.org/Mark_Sanford.htm

i see nothing there that impresses me.

werdd
01-01-2009, 10:32 AM
Voted NO on decreasing gun waiting period from 3 days to 1. (Jun 1999)

Highways are Congress’ responsibility, but don’t break bank. (Nov 2000)

Voted YES on prohibiting needle exchange & medical marijuana in DC. (Oct 1999)

Most interesting

More prisons, more enforcement, effective death penalty. (Sep 1994)

then 6 years later

Voted YES on funding for alternative sentencing instead of more prisons. (Jun 2000)

this guy is no ron paul. Bob barr 2.0 at best.

http://www.ontheissues.org/Ron_Paul.htm

itshappening
01-01-2009, 03:11 PM
No because of the 130 million people who voted for soneone beside Ron. It takes 12 to 18 hours a day campaigning for over a year to be elected POTUS for the first time. Don't be a delusional cultist. The message not a man is the way...

Think

GARY E. JOHNSON 2012

agreed.

westmich4paul
01-03-2009, 08:38 AM

Agreed. Could you imagine what this campaign would be like if we started like we ended? Money would not be a factor of any kind. Hell we could do the whle Obama 30 minute commercial if we wanted.

ClayTrainor
01-03-2009, 09:46 AM
god, i hope ron paul runs again.

If not, i fear we will all divide amongst other candidates. I can already see it happening :(

Eric21ND
01-03-2009, 11:25 AM
Agreed. Could you imagine what this campaign would be like if we started like we ended? Money would not be a factor of any kind. Hell we could do the whle Obama 30 minute commercial if we wanted.
We have ENORMOUS fund raising potential, in fact if we did things correctly the only one who could compete with us is Obama, but the republican primaries we'd blow them out of the water raising Obama-like coin.

Think about this, our record money bomb only had 50,000 donors and we got millions of votes when the campaign was over. The big turning point has been Dr. Paul's book and the economy tanking which has made people reevaluate Dr. Paul's positions. I wasn't even close to maxing out my donations last go around. I'm optimistic because we have countless new supporters and potential donors and we'll also have time to save up so we'll have very deep pockets.

I think if we do it up big and have amazing grassroots created videos running on tv spots we'll incite a domino effect and we'll probably be able to pay for the tv time with the new people we bring into the movement. I don't mean little 30 second commercials either, we can buy entire half hour blocks, or smaller 5 minute blocks. We need those videos to be seen by everyone, those youtube videos converted more people into Ron Paul supporters than anything else. That's probably what got most of us here.

HOLLYWOOD
01-03-2009, 11:58 AM
Did you catch the way these boneheads made their 'Libertarian' state?

"...a Libertarian, that's not crazy." I wonder what they were implying? :rolleyes: