PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Beck Show Cancelled

mediahasyou
12-29-2008, 06:31 PM
His show was canceled almost two months ago. Yet Ive found no threads on this.

WTF. Glenn Beck finally starts coming around and BAMM! CNN boots him off the airwaves. The media is blacking out all who are even close to libertarians.

Now Glenn Beck has a show on FOX next year. The question is how neocon will Beck have to be to keep his job.

Kotin
12-29-2008, 06:34 PM
the mean time will be spent in re-education camp :)

Cowlesy
12-29-2008, 06:34 PM
He always seems unstable and ever-gravitating toward our line of thought, so I kind of like him.

If he completely changes his tune, I will no longer tune in to hear what he has to say.

MRoCkEd
12-29-2008, 06:37 PM
I believe he left on his own .. to go to faux

LibertyEagle
12-29-2008, 06:41 PM
That's right. He's supposed to start on FOX sometime in January.

Are you sure about that? I thought he left on his own, because he was going to FOX. It's not unusual that when TV personalities change networks that their contract requires them to lay out for a certain amount of time.

MRoCkEd
12-29-2008, 06:49 PM
http://www.glennbeck.com/images/news/2008/12/120908fox1.jpg

dannno
12-29-2008, 06:50 PM
Is Cody Willard back on Fox Business News yet, or does he still have a cold?

american.swan
12-29-2008, 06:53 PM
He was at the end of his CNN contract. Before CNN could resign him he signed with Fox. This didn't sit well with CNN so the bosses canned his show a bit early I think or he left CNN early to prepare for this FOX show.

Either way he's coming back.

Note: the above is some guessing but also some fact, Schiff was asked about it on his radio show.

MRoCkEd
12-29-2008, 06:55 PM
lets hope schiff is on the new show

Kludge
12-29-2008, 07:10 PM
http://www.glennbeck.com/images/news/2008/12/120908fox1.jpg

Really... The network released that image...?

heavenlyboy34
12-29-2008, 07:26 PM

I don't think they get the visual joke there. ;)

MRoCkEd
12-29-2008, 07:26 PM
Got it from http://www.glennbeck.com/content/tv/

I really hope Glenn doesn't change his tune on FOX.
Check out a radio transcript of him responding to Bush's "sacrificing of free-market principles:"

PRESIDENT BUSH: And I'm so sorry we're having to do it. I'm not real happy about the fact that there have been excesses in the financial markets which are affecting our working people and affecting the retirement --

GLENN: Stop. Once again let's blame it on Wall Street, which I have no problem doing. Don't get me wrong. Wall Street and big business has had excesses. But what about the blame for the Fed? What about the blame for the people that said we can solve the dot-com bubble, by printing more money, by making it easier for people to get loans. We can solve the September 11th bubble by saying to people, "Go out and shop and run up bills, go put stuff on your credit card. Do the American thing." What about the blame for the people who said "Go buy a house at any cost. Let's get people who don't even have a citizenship, any kind of ID, any W-2, any tax form to prove that they have actually made this money," what about the blame that goes to those people and the excesses that those people have engaged in? Where is the blame for the people in Washington? I'm not -- look, I have never, ever said on this program "It's time to point the finger." I have always said on this program, "It is time to solve the problem." I don't care whose fault it is. Solve the problem. We've got to be problem-solvers. I don't care whose fault it is. That has always been my mantra. But you know what? There comes a time when you have to say who the hell is responsible for this. And I'll tell you who's responsible for it: Government, first and foremost. Government is responsible for this. The Fed is responsible for this. The congress, both sides. The President. The last President. They are responsible for this, and they're very sorry that the greed on Wall Street has caused pain. When will there be an investigation by the people in congress? Barney Frank, Christopher Dodd and George Bush? When will there be an investigation by the people you notice they are not even looking at the greed and excess of members of their own parties, members of congress. You want to talk about Marie Antoinette "Let them eat cake," you want to talk about setting up 18th century France, here we are, gang. Look at these people. They'll blame it on everybody else, but apparently no blame runs to them. Well, how could we possibly fix it? When we have Blagojevich sitting there in Illinois and because the politicians don't want to take him on, they go to the court and say, "You should remove him because he might be unstable. He's insane. He's a crazy person." Now, why would they do that? Why would any politician want to go to a court and give them the power to remove somebody from office who just needs to be impeached, why would they go and say, "He's unstable, he's not fit to hold office," and try to get him a medical excuse to get him out? Because no one has clean enough hands to go after him.

This site has a show preview.. lol
http://www.foxnews.com/glennbeck/

mediahasyou
12-29-2008, 09:26 PM
He always seems unstable and ever-gravitating toward our line of thought, so I kind of like him.

Agreed.

RSLudlum
12-29-2008, 09:32 PM
LOL @ pic....Glenn's got FOX News in the palm of his hand-cuffed hands. :p

tangent4ronpaul
12-29-2008, 11:12 PM
Note his start date... Jan 19th...
What happens the day AFTER that start date?
Anyone else notice that CNN have largely turned into Obama cheerleaders?

hmmm....

-t

sevin
12-29-2008, 11:21 PM
Beck is not one of us. He's just found a small niche market to get some ratings (money) from.

UnReconstructed
12-29-2008, 11:37 PM
Beck is not one of us. He's just found a small niche market to get some ratings (money) from.

this

The One
12-30-2008, 12:00 AM
If he wasn't already bought and paid for, he definitely is now.

MRoCkEd
12-30-2008, 07:28 AM
Note his start date... Jan 19th...
What happens the day AFTER that start date?
Anyone else notice that CNN have largely turned into Obama cheerleaders?

hmmm....

-t
let's hope he continues to bash obama for economic reasons, not because he's "not tough enough on the war on terror" or some bullshit

mediahasyou
12-30-2008, 10:27 PM

He is a lesser of evils.

Kotin
12-30-2008, 10:55 PM
alot of us use to be just like Glenn Beck..

give him a chance. he has done some good for us.

mediahasyou
12-30-2008, 11:17 PM
alot of us use to be just like Glenn Beck..

give him a chance. he has done some good for us.

I was a Glenn Beck follower. Then Ron Paul came on his show and now I am here.

M House
12-31-2008, 03:49 AM
Wow so now my dad won't have to bother to change the channel to get his two favorite unbiased new sources Glenn Beck and O' Reilly.

No1ButPaul08
12-31-2008, 03:56 AM
It will be interesting to see if Glenn has Peter Schiff on. Peter was one of Glenn's favorite guests on Headline News. However, Peter mysteriously hasn't been on Fox News or FBN since Sept. 17, after coming on almost every week for more than a year, often more than once.

nodope0695
12-31-2008, 03:58 AM

WTF. Glenn Beck finally starts coming around and BAMM! CNN boots him off the airwaves. The media is blacking out all who are even close to libertarians.

Now Glenn Beck has a show on FOX next year. The question is how neocon will Beck have to be to keep his job.

The mere fact that he joined the Faux team is proof enough that he's sold his sole to the MSM devil. Faux is fiction news, and now Beck is part of it. Lost cause.

krazy kaju
12-31-2008, 11:18 AM
The mere fact that he joined the Faux team is proof enough that he's sold his sole to the MSM devil. Faux is fiction news, and now Beck is part of it. Lost cause.

He was on CNN before. CNN is MSM. So by your logic, he sold his "sole" (did you mean "soul?") a long, long time ago.

dannno
12-31-2008, 11:56 AM
He was on CNN before. CNN is MSM. So by your logic, he sold his "sole" (did you mean "soul?") a long, long time ago.

No, he's actually talking about selling fish to Faux News

http://z.about.com/d/italianfood/1/0/Q/z/sogliola40.jpg

emazur
12-31-2008, 11:11 PM

Fox has got Andrew Napolitano and he certainly has not been compromised

nodope0695
01-01-2009, 12:34 AM
Fox has got Andrew Napolitano and he certainly has not been compromised

I like Andrew Nepalitano, however I must question his integrity for taking a job with Faux....

nodope0695
01-01-2009, 12:39 AM

LMAO...thanks for pointing out my misspelling there! I did mean SOUL. Faux is worse than CNN (which means CNN is pretty bad).

But by being now on Faux, how can we really contrast his views against the rest of the libs on CNN? He was a good balance on that Network.

Faux must have offered him a sweet deal. And for that sweet deal, do you really think Beck is gonna say stuff that isn't in line with the Faux agenda?