PDA

View Full Version : Why things have to get much worse before they get better

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
12-29-2008, 12:54 PM
We have become a nation that believes in the magical notion that we can survive just on the endeavor of selling empty boxes of optimism.
Therefore, rather than invent our way out of this economic plight on the local level, we continue to look to lobbyists in Washington D.C. to save us. As taxes should be slashed right now to create a much needed source of income, they continue to go up.
Meanwhile American corporations continue to scrap the engineering and machining, the heart of manufacturing necessary to create a good product, for the abstract management and marketing aspects of assembling and selling it. As a result, the product is already junk before it even gets assembled. What do we do with this junk though? Rather than scrapping it, we hire pretty faces and make silly commercials to sell it to the American people.
What does tyranny do when it is left with nothing for its pretty face to sell? It turns to the serious business of whoring the pretty face itself.
Slavery.

Agent CSL
12-29-2008, 01:00 PM
'Why things have to get much worse before they get better'

Yep. They have to. Read anything by any successful leader and they have one thing in common, the story of a lifetime only starts when life is threatened. In a time of calm there is complacency. Right now we're complacent, and we have several stages to go through until we're free again - a cycle that will undoubtedly come back, but we try. We'll try, we'll fail, we'll try again, fail, and eventually win. The one thing that every story has in common is the climax, and we've yet to reach it.

asimplegirl
12-29-2008, 01:19 PM
Remember there were Carter years, that eventually led to Reagan years.lol.

pcosmar
12-29-2008, 01:42 PM
I wonder if these folks were thinking the same thing.
http://www.topnews.in/files/auschw_camp.jpg

http://isurvived.org/Pictures_iSurvived-3/Holocaust-NaziParade.GIF

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/44380000/jpg/_44380988_train203.jpg

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
12-29-2008, 01:45 PM
'Why things have to get much worse before they get better'

Yep. They have to. Read anything by any successful leader and they have one thing in common, the story of a lifetime only starts when life is threatened. In a time of calm there is complacency. Right now we're complacent, and we have several stages to go through until we're free again - a cycle that will undoubtedly come back, but we try. We'll try, we'll fail, we'll try again, fail, and eventually win. The one thing that every story has in common is the climax, and we've yet to reach it.

Sorry. It doesn't work that way. When ones economy is lightning in a bottle, it doesn't just come back after it's broken.
Tyranny isn't a strange thing. It is as close and intimate as our family. The first born during tyranny went into the employment of the King while the second born served under the Pope as the new figurehead emperor of the Holy Roman Empire. The rest of us took care of the illegal business of survival.
What do people do during times of financial crisis? They fall back to depending on their families. This is a return to tyranny.
What nation to our south is very family oriented?
Mexico.

Theocrat
12-29-2008, 01:50 PM
I wonder if these folks were thinking the same thing.
http://www.topnews.in/files/auschw_camp.jpg

http://isurvived.org/Pictures_iSurvived-3/Holocaust-NaziParade.GIF

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/44380000/jpg/_44380988_train203.jpg

These brave souls were. ;)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c4/The_Christian_Martyrs_Last_Prayer.jpg

mediahasyou
12-29-2008, 02:47 PM
When things get worse, the populace will fail to see the true cause and the true effect.

cheapseats
12-30-2008, 11:19 AM
We have become a nation that believes in the magical notion that we can survive just on the endeavor of selling empty boxes of optimism.

True, that. I wrote a piece in MAY entitled, "Change Costs Cash Or Convenience Or Both," about ostrich-like presumption that Obama's melodic Change Change Change would come without hardship to or even effort by American Consumers -- for which effort I was reviled as a party-pooper and Racist.

However, I will argue that things do NOT have to get much worse before they get better. They will, of course. The People will LET them get worse because it's easier than doing the Right things. Politicians will not only LET things get worse, they will CAUSE them to get worse -- to solidify our "need" for the Politicians, specifically for them to solve the same problems they created.

Observe Congress, a kingpin in the Mortgage Meltdown, pass open-ended legislation for Paulson, kingpin in the Economic Crisis, to "save" us. It makes as much sense as pedophile priests and Papal Brass conferring and concurring on how best to address Child Molestation In The Church.

I will argue that "things must get worse before they get better" is part of the "it's too good to be true," "it's too good to last," "waiting for the other shoe to drop" negativity that is ingrained in us by a fearful society and n'er-do-well leadership. We claim to be a Christian nation -- God's good is limitless, there for the having, but you/we/I gotta step up to the plate and DO THE RIGHT THING.

Truth Warrior
12-30-2008, 11:23 AM
Finally, a thread title I agree with. MIRACLES do happen. :D

cheapseats
12-30-2008, 11:31 AM
True, that. I wrote a piece in MAY entitled, "Change Costs Cash Or Convenience Or Both," about ostrich-like presumption that Obama's melodic Change Change Change would come without hardship to or even effort by American Consumers -- for which effort I was reviled as a party-pooper and Racist.

However, I will argue that things do NOT have to get much worse before they get better. They will, of course. The People will LET them get worse because it's easier than doing the Right things. Politicians will not only LET things get worse, they will CAUSE them to get worse -- to solidify our "need" for the Politicians, specifically for them to solve the same problems they created.

Observe Congress, a kingpin in the Mortgage Meltdown, pass open-ended legislation for Paulson, kingpin in the Economic Crisis, to "save" us. It makes as much sense as pedophile priests and Papal Brass conferring and concurring on how best to address Child Molestation In The Church.

I will argue that "things must get worse before they get better" is part of the "it's too good to be true," "it's too good to last," "waiting for the other shoe to drop" negativity that is ingrained in us by a fearful society and n'er-do-well leadership. We claim to be a Christian nation -- God's good is limitless, there for the having, but you/we/I gotta step up to the plate and DO THE RIGHT THING.

Left out something kinda key. Our economic day-to-day not only WILL get worse, it SHOULD get worse -- if we mean to correct anything. But read about America during WWII, or talk to someone in their 80's. There was TREMENDOUS and WILLING cooperation with all manner of incidental hardships -- nylon stockings, sugar, gas. Americans LOVE a challenge, so long as WE aren't pulling THEIR weight.

But me, I do not view this kind of hunkering down as things getting "way worse." Rather, I see the autocratic-not-to-mention-illogical heavy-handedness of an out-of-control government as "way worse," and unnecessary.

Anti Federalist
12-30-2008, 11:34 AM
Finally, a thread title I agree with. MIRACLES do happen. :D

I got a voice mail from Pandemonium this morning, something about needing blankets and firewood and agreeing with a UEW post.

I didn't take the call.:D

Truth Warrior
12-30-2008, 11:38 AM
I got a voice mail from Pandemonium this morning, something about needing blankets and firewood and agreeing with a UEW post.

I didn't take the call.:D I haven't yet recovered from the "title shock". :eek: ;) Maybe I'll read the OP later. :D

The_Orlonater
12-30-2008, 12:03 PM
Just lay back and watch it all happen, you can laugh at the Obama supporters in about a year so that's a plus. Just trying to stay optimistic here.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
12-30-2008, 12:07 PM

The American way is to reduce. Our *Founding-Fathers didn't delve into the many complex expressions painting the face of politics as Europeans did. Instead they reduced down simply to the conclusion that a smile was needed upon that expression. To place this smile on the human face, political aspects like liberty and responsibility were needed prerequisites. We aren't happy Americans because it makes us responsible, but we are responsible Americans because behaving so makes us happy. Authority for the sake of authority is no better than no authority whatsoever. So, authority is here for the purpose of dispensing contentment.
Ask a child to draw a person and they will always include the upward curvature of a smile. They do this because they were born with the inate understanding that a smile is a needed prerequisite of being human. While a smile is of primary importance, the aspects of liberty and responsibility are secondary though prerequisite in importance.
It is the order that is important. We have things out of order. Our government has turned to a purpose contrary to that once established universal conclusion, the natural law which viewed mankind as central in importance, and that once existential conclusion, the cognizant law which viewed mankind's contentment as central.
For the Christian, these natural and cognizant laws were substantiated by Christ Himself. As the Father, Christ lived by a set law; while, as the Son, He lived spontaneously to where He could make any decision according to His Will. In the end, His Will led the Son to break His divine purpose into pieces of bread symbolizing individual human beings. This made mankind the primary purpose of the fullness of God -- the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.

*Our Founding-Fathers reduced human culture to a formal-culture. They derived at this commonality within all human beings by the use of natural law. So, the term Founding-Fathers should be capitalized in the higher-case. If Plato were to read about the Founding-Fathers, he would determine that they should be addressed formally.

Truth Warrior
12-30-2008, 12:08 PM
Just lay back and watch it all happen, you can laugh at the Obama supporters in about a year so that's a plus. Just trying to stay optimistic here.

"The road to HELL is paved with the most 'optimistic' of good intentions, gone bad."

REALITY rocks and rules. ;)

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
12-30-2008, 12:33 PM
I haven't yet recovered from the "title shock". :eek: ;) Maybe I'll read the OP later. :D

If you have the European dream of becoming a "Gentleman" in life, then you should worry a lot. But being an American means a lot more than being a European. Being an American takes the education of getting knocked off the top to where one has to learn to persevere on the bottom. Being on bottom means having to suffer the agony of being prostituted by our European and other pedigree cultures.

Truth Warrior
12-30-2008, 12:36 PM
If you have the European dream of becoming a "Gentleman" in life, then you should worry a lot. But being an American means a lot more than being a European. Being an American takes the education of getting knocked off the top to where one has to learn to persevere on the bottom. Being on bottom means having to suffer the agony of being prostituted by our European and other pedigree cultures. I gave up on dreams for REALITY. BTW, I highly recommend it. :)

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
12-30-2008, 12:54 PM
I gave up on dreams for REALITY. I recommend it. :)

Prostituting (paying taxes) and tax collecting (pimping). This is what happens when an economy no longer engineers and machines. Engineering and machining is like the two chambers of one heart. They can't be seperated. When machining is whored (contracted) out, it makes engineering impractical. Why build a model if the machinists can't build it?
But our industry pays its marketing managers and its working assemblers good money by contracting out the machinists.
The result of such folly delivers junk to be assembled. Eventually the box of goods being sold by pretty faces on silly commercials becomes empty.

Truth Warrior
12-30-2008, 12:58 PM
Prostituting (paying taxes) and tax collecting (pimping). This is what happens when an economy no longer engineers and machines. Engineering and machining is like the two chambers of one heart. They can't be seperated. When machining is whored (contracted) out, it makes engineering impractical. Why build a model if the machinists can't build it?
But our industry pays its marketing managers and its working assemblers good money by contracting out the machinists.
The result of such folly delivers junk to be assembled. Eventually the box of goods being sold by pretty faces on silly commercials becomes empty.

Yeah, screw the government. :p

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
12-30-2008, 01:43 PM
Yeah, screw the government. :p

You like to hide the disillusionment of the whole by making it a political problem on which to blame half the people. Being an American is what we share as a self evident truth and an unalienable right and not the many differences that exist between our petty minor cultures.

Truth Warrior
12-30-2008, 01:53 PM
You like to hide the disillusionment of the whole by making it a political problem on which to blame half the people. Being an American is what we share as a self evident truth and an unalienable right and not the many differences that exist between our petty minor cultures. Mostly, being an American is just being born here.<IMHO> :rolleyes:

Politics Is a Sociopathic Cult (http://www.lewrockwell.com/shaffer/shaffer96.html)

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
12-31-2008, 12:20 AM
[QUOTE=Truth Warrior;1887499]Mostly, being an American is just being born here.<IMHO> :rolleyes:

Politics Is a Sociopathic Cult (http://www.lewrockwell.com/shaffer/shaffer96.html)[/QUOT
You really don't understand the philosophy and the science that went into creating the United States government. Even worse, I think Hillary and you share a bed when it comes to legal-precedence.

heavenlyboy34
12-31-2008, 12:47 AM
[quote=Truth Warrior;1887499]Mostly, being an American is just being born here.<IMHO> :rolleyes:

Politics Is a Sociopathic Cult (http://www.lewrockwell.com/shaffer/shaffer96.html)[/QUOT
You really don't understand the philosophy and the science that went into creating the United States government. Even worse, I think Hillary and you share a bed when it comes to legal-precedence.

IMHO, he's being realistic. (come down here to a border town and meet the illegal aliens who call themselves "Americans" after jumping the border, if you want a taste of the reality of the situation-or at least one aspect :p;))

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
12-31-2008, 01:39 PM
[quote=Uncle Emanuel Watkins;1888467]

IMHO, he's being realistic. (come down here to a border town and meet the illegal aliens who call themselves "Americans" after jumping the border, if you want a taste of the reality of the situation-or at least one aspect :p;))

There is something divinely common in every living human-being. It is both self-evidently true and an unalienable natural right. This narrow Civil-Purpose is a Formal-Culture in that it is concrete and indestructible while it has for itself the necessary prerequisite of liberty (The truth will set you free). As we are born with a desire for contentment, we die with the same desire for contentment; while, as we now know quite painfully, all the money in the world won't buy us fifteen minutes of being responsible and equal.
Outside of this narrowed Civil-Purpose exists an abyss of legal-precedence. This is commonly referred to as tyranny. We built our great economy on American Movements that returned our nation to its Civil-Purpose. We lost our great economy during times when we lost our American souls in the secondary aspects of legal precedence.

Truth Warrior
12-31-2008, 01:41 PM
[quote=Truth Warrior;1887499]Mostly, being an American is just being born here.<IMHO> :rolleyes:

You really don't understand the philosophy and the science that went into creating the United States government. Even worse, I think Hillary and you share a bed when it comes to legal-precedence. You wish ( wrongly, of course ). :rolleyes:

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
12-31-2008, 01:53 PM
[quote=Uncle Emanuel Watkins;1888467] You wish ( wrongly, of course ). :rolleyes:

But you don't understand what it means to be an American. You do understand what it means to be a complex European though. This is about as helpful as African voo-doo or a heaping plate of Hispanic beans and rice.

Truth Warrior
12-31-2008, 01:56 PM
[quote=Truth Warrior;1889127]

But you don't understand what it means to be an American. You do understand what it means to be a complex European though. This is about as helpful as African voo-doo or a heaping plate of Hispanic beans and rice. I understand American. YOU'RE the puzzle. :rolleyes: :D "Government" schooled? :p

"Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long." -- Ron Paul 2004

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
12-31-2008, 02:18 PM
[quote=Uncle Emanuel Watkins;1889141] I understand American. YOU'RE the puzzle. :rolleyes: :D

"Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long." -- Ron Paul 2004

If a self-evident truth is not greater than the power of tyranny, then the greatest power possible by man is tyranny. But the self-evident truth defines what is not partisan in Americans. This is an unalienable Civil-Purpose that cannot be destroyed because it is both divine and Holy. This is why our Founding-Fathers signed their names to such a natural law. They were willing to one day stand under God's judgement in its declaration.

Truth Warrior
12-31-2008, 03:51 PM
[quote=Truth Warrior;1889144]

If a self-evident truth is not greater than the power of tyranny, then the greatest power possible by man is tyranny. But the self-evident truth defines what is not partisan in Americans. This is an unalienable Civil-Purpose that cannot be destroyed because it is both divine and Holy. This is why our Founding-Fathers signed their names to such a natural law. They were willing to one day stand under God's judgement in its declaration. You're just a never ending fount of fantasy and fabrication, aren't you? :( And so absolutist on so much too, what a winning combo? :p :rolleyes:

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
01-01-2009, 02:48 AM
[quote=Uncle Emanuel Watkins;1889172] You're just a never ending fount of fantasy and fabrication, aren't you? :( And so absolutist on so much too, what a winning combo? :p :rolleyes:

Like I've already pointed out, I didn't appreciate the government our Founding-Fathers created until I later took philosophy of science classes. A natural law was a reduced down conclusion which had no alternative theory to challenge it. You use terminology which was created in Europe after the time of our Founding-Fathers. Therefore, I consdier you to have a European culture.

Pauls' Revere
01-01-2009, 03:28 AM
Interesting thread. Close similarity between our Bill of Rights and the French version drafted during thier revolution.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Declaration_of_the_Rights_of_Man_and_of_the_Citize n

Almost as sacred rights.

Scroll down for comparison's of other Nation's Bill's of Right"s

Truth Warrior
01-01-2009, 05:14 AM
[quote=Truth Warrior;1889308]

Like I've already pointed out, I didn't appreciate the government our Founding-Fathers created until I later took philosophy of science classes. A natural law was a reduced down conclusion which had no alternative theory to challenge it. You use terminology which was created in Europe after the time of our Founding-Fathers. Therefore, I consdier you to have a European culture. Darn, too bad I wasn't in the "philosophy of science" ( so called ) classes with you. I'd have given them some challenging alternate theories to deal with. :rolleyes: Just think, you might have turned out entirely differently, AND for the better, I might add. ;)

Well hell, I can speak some pre FF Latin too, that doesn't make me a Roman, for Pete's sake. Does my Spanish make me a "conquistador"? :rolleyes:

"Culture" is just another BARBARIC fabricated "brainwash" psyop mind-fuck collectivist tyranny and enslavement institutional ABSTRACTION, tool and snare. It's used "conceptually" to capture and hoodwink the naive "flock-bots", as is BOTH government AND religion BTW. :rolleyes:
SCREW IT TOO. :p CHOOSE the "red pill"!!! ;) :)

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i304/Truth_Warrior/freeyourmind.jpg

"The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." ~ Robert A. Heinlein (1907-1988)