PDA

View Full Version : Was reading Daily Paul and the whole future of DP

Live_Free_Or_Die
12-28-2008, 11:42 AM
nt

yongrel
12-28-2008, 12:15 PM
Because this is definitely the Daily Paul's auxiliary comments page.

mediahasyou
12-28-2008, 12:28 PM
The theory is the internet will be populized in the coming years.

lodge939
12-28-2008, 12:53 PM
Should have learnt more from Ross Perot. We needed pie-charts.

constitutional
12-28-2008, 12:53 PM
If you all decide to vote in board of directors, my first vote is for Ghemminger.

Hamer
12-28-2008, 01:03 PM
The reason this movement is going nowhere is because most people would rather argue and fight amongst ourselves on the things we disagree with each other on instead of focusing on the things we do agree on and actually get the job done and worry about the rest later.

Many also treat any new people with vulgar and abusive language and/or name calling because they claim it is their right to say what they want. Most here don't think before they act but rather feel good about themselves by bashing others with a different opinion instead of educating in a civil manner and trying to bring new people in.

The list goes on and on so here is my advice.

We don't have to like each other and we don't have to agree with each other but we do need to find a way to work together, are we not all on the same team trying to fix what problems we have in our country?

Great movements have always been destroyed from within, always have been and always will and until we start treating each other with the same respect we would expect others to treat us with no new people on the fence will join us and this movement will go nowhere!

TheConstitutionLives
12-28-2008, 02:38 PM
The reason this movement is going nowhere is because most people would rather argue and fight amongst ourselves on the things we disagree with each other on instead of focusing on the things we do agree on and actually get the job done and worry about the rest later.

bingo

TastyWheat
12-28-2008, 11:39 PM
I think we need to focus on radio. I think there are already some freedom-loving/libertarian shows out there, they just need more exposure.

angelatc
12-29-2008, 01:09 AM
Should have learnt more from Ross Perot. We needed pie-charts.

I like pie!

Live_Free_Or_Die
12-29-2008, 01:45 AM
nt

Live_Free_Or_Die
12-29-2008, 02:07 AM
nt

Kludge
12-29-2008, 02:26 AM
Why can't we?

Not enough fanatics, and those who are, are very obvious to anyone watching. Public opinion of libertarianism is openly hostile. It didn't take long for many of us to point out that opponents of "liberty candidates" would post similarities between their opponent and the Libertarian Party or even Ron Paul as a type of insult. Much of the libertarian leadership (especially in the media) is embarrassing to watch, listen to, and to be associated with. There's a real lack of professionalism, though it is expected of people talking about "serious" issues. This has become a serious credibility crisis that organizations such as the Libertarian Party have been ignoring since birth.

People do not want to be questioned. They do not want reason. They do not want work. They expect their source to be God-like so that they can show off their knowledge without having to do work (real football mentality)... someone (or something) they can have faith in, and not just trust. It's amazing how much bullshit you can get away with if you sound intimidating. You point out that it's work to be involved with libertarianism, and it's true. Unlike Neoconservatism and Social Liberalism, people are hostile and questioning of libertarianism because it lacks credibility. Even if we put libertarianism into the media, we'd need to cut off any association with libertarianism itself, as it would damage our credibility, and to do so, would be to sell our souls and dilute the message to the point where it'd be ineffective.

I believe the problem has come about due to the lack of critical thinking skills in our society. Textbooks do not make us think. We're told to memorize and recite garbage. History textbooks in particular do not leave food for thought. They give you facts and then give opinions which they state as fact. They have credibility, and so it goes unquestioned. Thus, we live in a culture which believes Lincoln sacrificed his life to fight slavery against racist rednecks of the South, a society which does not question taxation, and a society which does not question the value of cotton paper with green ink on it.

Americans are no different from Germans or Russians. We are in the same damned situation as they were in their periods of dictatorship with regards to the blind faith in leaders (Republican Vs. Democrat football mentality). We're just lucky that our de facto dictators have been so benevolent.

We're in a very dangerous situation, and the problem is far greater than something which could be solved by just educating people on libertarianism; it's an inability to truly think. I have no idea how to solve this problem, as faith in other humans has always existed. This faith is becoming a problem now because all people are mandated to teach the same way by a ever-shrinking group of people. Textbooks, teachers, and subjects are approved by state and federal governments. As for history textbooks, there are only a handful for each broad subject. As power continues to consolidate, education will continue its journey to becoming true indoctrination (whether intentional or not). I imagine that I will eventually see the Department of Education writing the textbooks due to continuing education "crises" and banning the use of all others in my lifetime, and it will be the end of free thought, and any lessons which may have been taught through history prior.

yongrel
12-29-2008, 02:30 AM
Not enough fanatics, and those who are, are very obvious to anyone watching. Public opinion of libertarianism is openly hostile. It didn't take long for many of us to point out that opponents of "liberty candidates" would post similarities between their opponent and the Libertarian Party or even Ron Paul as a type of insult. Much of the libertarian leadership (especially in the media) is embarrassing to watch, listen to, and to be associated with. There's a real lack of professionalism, though it is expected of people talking about "serious" issues. This has become a serious credibility crisis that organizations such as the Libertarian Party have been ignoring since birth.

People do not want to be questioned. They do not want reason. They do not want work. They expect their source to be God-like so that they can show off their knowledge without having to do work (real football mentality)... someone (or something) they can have faith in, and not just trust. It's amazing how much bullshit you can get away with if you sound intimidating. You point out that it's work to be involved with libertarianism, and it's true. Unlike Neoconservatism and Social Liberalism, people are hostile and questioning of libertarianism because it lacks credibility. Even if we put libertarianism into the media, we'd need to cut off any association with libertarianism itself, as it would damage our credibility, and to do so, would be to sell our souls and dilute the message to the point where it'd be ineffective.

I believe the problem has come about due to the lack of critical thinking skills in our society. Textbooks do not make us think. We're told to memorize and recite garbage. History textbooks in particular do not leave food for thought. They give you facts and then give opinions which they state as fact. They have credibility, and so it goes unquestioned. Thus, we live in a culture which believes Lincoln sacrificed his life to fight slavery against racist rednecks of the South, a society which does not question taxation, and a society which does not question the value of cotton paper with green ink on it.

Americans are no different from Germans or Russians. We are in the same damned situation as they were in their periods of dictatorship with regards to the blind faith in leaders (Republican Vs. Democrat football mentality). We're just lucky that our de facto dictators have been so benevolent.

We're in a very dangerous situation, and the problem is far greater than something which could be solved by just educating people on libertarianism; it's an inability to truly think. I have no idea how to solve this problem, as faith in other humans has always existed. This faith is becoming a problem now because all people are mandated to teach the same way by a ever-shrinking group of people. Textbooks, teachers, and subjects are approved by state and federal governments. As for history textbooks, there are only a handful for each broad subject. As power continues to consolidate, education will continue its journey to becoming true indoctrination (whether intentional or not). I imagine that I will eventually see the Department of Education writing the textbooks due to continuing education "crises" and banning the use of all others in my lifetime, and it will be the end of free thought, and any lessons which may have been taught through history prior.

Dead on.

I've my own solutions, and they don't involve the all-too-common fascination with the political process. "We should, like, totally run for president and that will change the world." No thank you. Education is key, and not the sort of education derived from youtube videos and prisonplanet.com articles.

Nate K
12-29-2008, 02:43 AM
how dare you suggest anything productive on this forum you stinkin' commie!

Live_Free_Or_Die
12-30-2008, 05:03 AM
nt