PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Republicans take over L.A. county GOP.

The One
12-28-2008, 09:33 AM
Sorry if this is old.......

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/realityzone/UFNlarepubcoup.html

LOS ANGELES REPUBLICAN PARTY
REPLACES OLD-LINE LEADERSHIP
(We urged them to become influential in politics, and that's exactly what they did.)

LOS ANGELES -- On Saturday, December 6, 2008, the Republican Party of Los Angeles County (RPLAC) met at the Ronald Reagan State Office Building in Los Angeles to choose its leadership for the next two years. After a brief but intensive parliamentary battle with the entrenched leadership, control was wrested away by a newly formed coalition of those who were anxious to re-dedicate and re-energize the Party along traditional Republican principles and strategies. Ron Paul and Ed Griffin of Freedom Force International have urged their supporters to become active in political parties. That's exactly what happened in Los Angeles, dramatically demonstrating that it can be done.

Linda Boyd had been the Chairman of RPLAC for six years, and many felt it was time for her to leave and for the Republican Party to get back to its roots of: limited constitutional government, fiscal responsibility, sound monetary policy, Second Amendment rights, strong national defense, a non-interventionist foreign policy, personal freedom, and opposition to illegal immigration. Actually, the former Chairman supported all of these concepts, but , but the coalition felt the Party was languishing under the old leadership. It was not fielding candidates for many of the hundreds of political offices available, and it was not providing strong support for the ones who did run. Of the 26 Assembly Districts, there are now only 13 district offices open. Republicans were losing the majority of elections. They had not been getting enough money to be effective, and most of the money that was raised did not go to the individual districts or candidates. So, it was felt that it was time for a change.
Several Freedom Force members formed a coalition with followers of Ron Paul and formed a plan of action. Some, who had supported other alternative candidates for President, also joined the coalition. About 40 Angelenos took out papers to run for offices on the Central Committee. A majority (29) of these were elected in the June 3rd Primary. Fourteen more were write-in candidates. This unprecedented grass-roots action was the result of freedom-minded people deciding to quit complaining and quit following political leaders they did not like and, instead, offering themselves as leaders instead. That is the mission of Freedom Force.

At the RPLAC meeting on Dec. 6, (which is an election of County and District Officers who decide how the party is run), a Temporary Chairman was elected to conduct the business of the Organizational Meeting that day. Linda Boyd's choice for Temporary Chairman was defeated 39 - 54. The new Temporary Chairman asked who wanted to be Chairmen of the Credentials, Nominating, Resolutions and By-Laws Committees. As Freedom Force members were unknown to him, he selected Chairmen he had known; however, when he asked who wanted to be members of those two most important committees, he picked two volunteers who were Freedom Force members.

The Chairman and seven members made up the Credentials Committee. When the Chairman of the Credentials Cte. tried to have 8 of the write-in candidates disqualified for one reason or another and was unsuccessful arguing against their logic, he put the question to members of the Credentials Cte: Should the write-in candidates be seated in order to vote? On a 4-3 vote (with the newly-appointed Freedom Force member casting the deciding vote), the write-in members were seated. What a difference a single person can make.

After the write-in candidates were seated, and opposition to her slate of candidates became known, Linda Boyd and several of her slate withdrew from their own nominations. Later, she and a number of her followers walked out of the Organizational Meeting, but the meeting continued without them. The day was won by that small number of freedom activists in the coalition. The slate of seven candidates picked by the coalition was elected in its entirety to the Executive Board. One of those, because of his fairness, knowledge, and integrity, was a carry-over from the previous Board. All the others were new.

The new Executive Board has resolved to move quickly to re-build the Republican Party based on the principles mentioned previously; and, through candidate research and development, to find good men and women to run for many offices who will carry the message of freedom, prosperity, and peace. All candidates will be given support instead of favoring only "incumbent" candidates who, in some instances, are members of the Council on Foreign Relations.

Many district offices will be opened, and the Republican Party will have a presence in these areas, attracting volunteers and candidates. Voters of different persuasion will now look to Party members for answers. The goal of the new Executive Board is to network with other county Republican organizations in California; and, from there, the rest of the country. This is the mechanism by which Freedom Force Members and others with the same commitment to freedom can provide political leadership.

Members of the new RPLAC Executive Board are:
Glen Forsch, Chairman
Lydia Gutierrez, First Vice Chairman
Robert W. Vaughn, Second Vice Chairman
Gary Aminoff, Treasurer
Roger Eshleman, Secretary
Gwen Patrick, Assistant Treasurer
Connie Ruffley, Assistant Secretary

Jdayh
12-29-2008, 01:01 AM
HERE IS A DIGG LINK!!

ALREADY OVER 200 DIGGS!!

http://digg.com/politics/RON_PAUL_REPUBLICANS_TAKE_OVER_LA_COUNTY_GOP_HUGE_ VICTORYhttp://digg.com/politics/RON_PAUL_REPUBLICANS_TAKE_OVER_LA_COUNTY_GOP_HUGE_ VICTORY

ultimaonliner
12-29-2008, 01:12 AM
This is great news! Thanks for posting!

Jdayh
12-30-2008, 05:55 AM
[QUOTE=ultimaonliner;1885517]This is great news! Thanks for posting![/QUOTE

LETS DIGG THIS ONE HARD..PEOPLE NEED TO KNOW ABOUT IT

Matt Collins
12-30-2008, 10:11 AM
Yeah - in Florida they were 1 vote away from taking over the local GOP.

See these threads about the Orlando takeover:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=173566&highlight=orlando
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=171487&highlight=orlando

Truth Warrior
12-30-2008, 10:31 AM
Well, can the TEXAS GOP be far behind? < LMAO! > :D

Jeremy
12-30-2008, 11:51 AM
HERE IS A DIGG LINK!!

ALREADY OVER 200 DIGGS!!

http://digg.com/politics/RON_PAUL_REPUBLICANS_TAKE_OVER_LA_COUNTY_GOP_HUGE_ VICTORYhttp://digg.com/politics/RON_PAUL_REPUBLICANS_TAKE_OVER_LA_COUNTY_GOP_HUGE_ VICTORY

it's not gonna get on the main page because it's in caps <.<

The Proservative
01-09-2009, 07:29 PM
A quick update and hopefully a little fire for your bellies, get goin...

The Republican Party of Los Angeles completed our reorganization meetings, carried over from our December change of the executive committee.

Last year at this time, I was watching/listening to Ron Paul in the Presidential Primary debates explain the need for ALL of us to get involved NOW, and help renew our GOP, speaking directly to my heart on true Conservative Principles of Life, Liberty, and our right to pursue Happiness.

Starting with a humble write-in effort to become a member of the Los Angeles Republican County Central Committee, through our struggle to be certified as regular members, to caucusing with other members during reorganization meetings last month, almost all of our Proservative Republicans have obtained a seat on not only the committee, but on the Executive committee representing our various Assembly, State Senate, and Congressional districts in the largest county in the country.

I've personally went from write-in candidate in June 2008, to now being the Chairman of the 46th Assembly District, as well as the Chairman of the 34th Congressional District of the GOP in Los Angeles, by sticking to the our countries'/parites'/Proservative Principles and sharing them with others working to renew our GOP.

And now the hard work of rebuilding begins...with me and my fellow Los Angeles GOP visionaries...

I tell you guys this not to ring my own bell, but to tell you/show you that YOU CAN DO THIS TOO. I'm a regular guy, wife, two kids, 33 years old, who cared enough to get involved and just TALK to fellow Republicans, regular citizens, and LISTEN to their concerns, SHARE ideas and EXECUTE them with heart and conviction.

Many, many people, even people whose heart was in the right place, tried to discourage our write-in efforts, etc...but if you believe in what you are doing, and listening to your heart and the concerns of other people, knowing you represent the common good for your fellow man, you push forward, and blaze a trail that other will eventually follow, and ultimately make their own new paths/trails from.

Thanks again to everyone both directly involved in Los Angeles, and all of you indirectly involved online, that keep posting new ideas and efforts to keep our march toward Freedom moving forward, inspire guys like me to fight the good fight in the face of adversity, knowing you all are doing the same in other parts of the country, the world. We're all in this together, we are the "Home Team".

Onward and upward,

0zzy
01-09-2009, 08:07 PM
A quick update and hopefully a little fire for your bellies, get goin...

The Republican Party of Los Angeles completed our reorganization meetings, carried over from our December change of the executive committee.

Last year at this time, I was watching/listening to Ron Paul in the Presidential Primary debates explain the need for ALL of us to get involved NOW, and help renew our GOP, speaking directly to my heart on true Conservative Principles of Life, Liberty, and our right to pursue Happiness.

Starting with a humble write-in effort to become a member of the Los Angeles Republican County Central Committee, through our struggle to be certified as regular members, to caucusing with other members during reorganization meetings last month, almost all of our Proservative Republicans have obtained a seat on not only the committee, but on the Executive committee representing our various Assembly, State Senate, and Congressional districts in the largest county in the country.

I've personally went from write-in candidate in June 2008, to now being the Chairman of the 46th Assembly District, as well as the Chairman of the 34th Congressional District of the GOP in Los Angeles, by sticking to the our countries'/parites'/Proservative Principles and sharing them with others working to renew our GOP.

And now the hard work of rebuilding begins...with me and my fellow Los Angeles GOP visionaries...

I tell you guys this not to ring my own bell, but to tell you/show you that YOU CAN DO THIS TOO. I'm a regular guy, wife, two kids, 33 years old, who cared enough to get involved and just TALK to fellow Republicans, regular citizens, and LISTEN to their concerns, SHARE ideas and EXECUTE them with heart and conviction.

Many, many people, even people whose heart was in the right place, tried to discourage our write-in efforts, etc...but if you believe in what you are doing, and listening to your heart and the concerns of other people, knowing you represent the common good for your fellow man, you push forward, and blaze a trail that other will eventually follow, and ultimately make their own new paths/trails from.

Thanks again to everyone both directly involved in Los Angeles, and all of you indirectly involved online, that keep posting new ideas and efforts to keep our march toward Freedom moving forward, inspire guys like me to fight the good fight in the face of adversity, knowing you all are doing the same in other parts of the country, the world. We're all in this together, we are the "Home Team".

Onward and upward,

How can I get involved? I live in San Pedro. Maybe there should be meetings held online, that'd spark some interest! :D

Matt Collins
01-09-2009, 08:14 PM
Excellent... this is great

The Proservative
01-09-2009, 08:23 PM
How can I get involved? I live in San Pedro. Maybe there should be meetings held online, that'd spark some interest! :D

We will definitely be making the leap into the 21st Century regarding e-meetings, discussion groups, etc. That will be my #1 priority, more people involved, less individual time commitment, using tech to organize.

If you are in Los Angeles, go here to look up your districts:
http://www.lavote.net

Once you have them, you can always email me directly, and I can direct you to the people in charge of your districts.

We'll be working on the website for the Los Angeles GOP, allowing more to participate going forward.

Anyone in other parts of country wishing to help out, get involved, feel free to email me as well, as I'll be developing "The Proservative Group" as a national effort, will be needing more Patriots throughout the country.

anthony atsign proservative.us

0zzy
01-09-2009, 11:59 PM
We will definitely be making the leap into the 21st Century regarding e-meetings, discussion groups, etc. That will be my #1 priority, more people involved, less individual time commitment, using tech to organize.

Once you have them, you can always email me directly, and I can direct you to the people in charge of your districts.

We'll be working on the website for the Los Angeles GOP, allowing more to participate going forward.

Anyone in other parts of country wishing to help out, get involved, feel free to email me as well, as I'll be developing "The Proservative Group" as a national effort, will be needing more Patriots throughout the country.

* COUNTYWIDE
* 46TH US CONGRESSIONAL
* 25TH ST SENATE
* 54TH STATE ASSEMBLY
* 4TH SUPERVISORIAL
* 3RD BOARD OF EQUALIZATION
* CITY OF LOS ANGELES
* CITY OF LOS ANGELES 15TH COUNCIL
* LOS ANGELES COMMUNITY COLLEGE
* LOS ANGELES UNIFIED SCH
* LOS ANGELES USD-BD EDUCATION 7
* METROPOLITAN WATER DIST SO CAL
* WEST BASIN MUNI WATER
* WEST BASIN MUNI WATER DIV 1
* WATER REPL DIST OF SO CAL
* WATER REPL DIST OF SO CAL DIV 2
* GREATER L A COUNTY VECTOR CNTL
* METRO TRANSPORTATION
* L A COUNTY FLOOD CONTROL

If you need any help via online, feel free to contact me @ brentburk@gmail.com (or maybe I'll email you after this post).

Jdayh
01-13-2009, 07:39 AM

thanks for posting this... It should generate alot more interest and activity.. in the LA area