PDA

View Full Version : Seizure of private land for Flight 93 memorial

Thrashertm
12-28-2008, 12:21 AM
This is what happens when the SCOTUS stops protecting private property rights, and starts letting the government seize whatever they want through eminent domain.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081228/ap_on_re_us/flight93_memorial

Kludge
12-28-2008, 12:24 AM
I really can't believe the story. Humanity has hit a new low, IMO, if the families are truly demanding this, and there aren't many (if any) people more cynical than myself.

Jeremy
12-28-2008, 12:48 AM
"I think the rest of the family members and I feel there is no point at which we will stop," White said. "Whatever it takes. As long as it takes. Whoever it takes. To do anything less would be doing a disservice to those that we love."

constitutional
12-28-2008, 12:49 AM
I try to tell people, this is how the terrorists win. When you don't fucking move on and steal other people's rights in the name of freedom.

Maybe the Indian government should seize the private Taj Motel that got attacked and turn it into a memorial. Oh wait, the public there has somewhat sense.

fr33domfightr
12-28-2008, 12:50 AM
"2,200-acre memorial...Construction of a $58 million permanent memorial and national park is scheduled to begin in 2009."

Damn, that's huge! They've even got construction scheduled before aquisition of the land has been completed, that takes balls or stupidity. The National Park Service is only involved because it's one more place that will expand their power, as it's supposed to be a park too!

I don't have a problem with a monument of some sort, if the property owners are willing to sell the land. I don't think they should be forced, however.

FF

Thrashertm
12-28-2008, 08:20 AM
"2,200-acre memorial...Construction of a $58 million permanent memorial and national park is scheduled to begin in 2009."

Damn, that's huge! They've even got construction scheduled before aquisition of the land has been completed, that takes balls or stupidity. The National Park Service is only involved because it's one more place that will expand their power, as it's supposed to be a park too!

I don't have a problem with a monument of some sort, if the property owners are willing to sell the land. I don't think they should be forced, however.

FF

And provided that WE (taxpayers) are not on the hook for paying for this travesty.

demolama
12-28-2008, 09:36 AM
We can thank our illustrious supreme court who after the civil war took up yet another pro-nationalist interpretation in U.S. v. Gettysburg Electric company... that yes... people who were caught in the middle of the civil war battlefield were to "cough up their land or else."

This isn't a battlefield... it was a plane crash.. a wall commemorating the dead is enough...that's all other plane crashes that resulted by terrorist acts have done... but no these people want to make a huge monstrosity to promote hyper-nationalism.

hillbilly123069
12-28-2008, 11:08 AM
The government is going to do what they want until we can't swallow it anymore.

pacelli
12-28-2008, 11:13 AM
"I think the rest of the family members and I feel there is no point at which we will stop," White said. "Whatever it takes. As long as it takes. Whoever it takes. To do anything less would be doing a disservice to those that we love."

I'm sorry but this victim family sympathy has to stop somewhere. Somebody feels bad so let's steal 2200 acres to put up a memorial?

Whatever it takes? Whoever it takes? Sounds like a terrorist to me.

fr33domfightr
12-28-2008, 11:23 AM
I don't think the people on that plane were fighting for a government that seizes land. They were fighting for our freedom, and to save their lives, of course. When you carefully read that article, it doesn't say the families want the whole 2200 acres, only that they want the land where the plane crashed. On that part of it, they want a memorial for their loved one's, that's understandable, but it doesn't say who was to pay for the memorial part. I'd expect the "park" part would be paid for by taypayer dollars.

FF

UtahApocalypse
12-28-2008, 12:01 PM
Precedent will be set. This goes through then EVERY one of those road side memorials for accident, and other deaths will be untouchable. Matter of fact, I think that YOUR taxes should pay for MY families memorial. You no longer own your land at all, its a privilege that the state allows you space to live.

Isaac Bickerstaff
12-28-2008, 11:21 PM
Is the memorial going to be in that mining scar with an ordinance blast crater in the middle or the several mile long debris field around Indian Lake? New Baltimore?

Are they going to erect more cell phone towers so that tourists will finally have cell service on the ground?

Maybe they should hire Todd Beamer's father in another no-bid contract to build the memorial just like he renovated the Pentagon right before it was struck. I'm just sayin' . . .

AutoDas
12-29-2008, 12:59 AM
YouTube - 13 second ghoust (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UB92EbTCSrA)

DirtMcGirt
06-05-2009, 10:11 AM
Update to this story- We'll see what happens... Specter trying to be for the people

SOMERSET, Pa. -- The federal government has backtracked and decided not to take the western Pennsylvania property needed to build a Flight 93 memorial.

Interior Secretary Ken Salazar and Sen. Arlen Specter met Friday in Somerset with landowners. They say the government will try to negotiate instead of using eminent domain to take the land.

The National Park Service said last month that negotiations with landowners were unsuccessful and they would move to take the land, but landowners said no negotiations had taken place.

The government wants to have the memorial built in time for the 10-year anniversary of the 2001 terrorist attacks.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2009/06/federal_government_opts_not_to.html

IPSecure
06-05-2009, 12:05 PM
Why have the 'authorities' not dug up the 10' x 20' hole, to 'recover' the black box?

YouTube - 9/11 Flight 93 Rare Footage (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZekosYOmXc)

DirtMcGirt
06-05-2009, 03:50 PM
Why have the 'authorities' not dug up the 10' x 20' hole, to 'recover' the black box?
Who owns the rights to the black box and (or) flight recorders?

RonPaulVolunteer
06-05-2009, 09:58 PM
Thank God Richard Gage is taking 911 truth mainstream. I hope it's just a matter of time before the flag is raised on this false flag.

anaconda
06-05-2009, 10:05 PM
This is what happens when the SCOTUS stops protecting private property rights, and starts letting the government seize whatever they want through eminent domain.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081228/ap_on_re_us/flight93_memorial

More cover up on 9-11?

puppetmaster
06-06-2009, 12:08 AM
crazy stuff....

Sandman33
06-06-2009, 02:11 AM
why have the 'authorities' not dug up the 10' x 20' hole, to 'recover' the black box?

youtube - 9/11 flight 93 rare footage (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzekosyomxc)

its bullshit people!!

The time to get angry is yesterday!