PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul on Press TV: Economic crisis may be a blessing

emazur
12-27-2008, 08:08 PM
http://www.presstv.com/Detail.aspx?id=79644&sectionid=3510302
http://digg.com/political_opinion/Ron_Paul_Economic_crisis_may_be_a_blessing_12_27_0 8#

FTA:
"But when it comes to dealing with policy, I think that our policies are locked in place. The saving grace may be that our bankruptcy in this country will make it very difficult for us to afford it just like the Soviets had to leave Afghanistan because they ran out of money and there system failed. Our system could fail and it might be a blessing in disguise."

Akus
12-27-2008, 08:12 PM
I bet some idiot will twist his words as if Ron Paul gloats at the idea of an American economy collapsing.

Athan
12-27-2008, 08:32 PM
Another excellent piece by Press TV!

Freedom Forever
12-27-2008, 10:38 PM
Press TV rules

Andrew Ryan
12-27-2008, 10:46 PM
Coooool.

Jeremy
12-27-2008, 11:44 PM
lots of typos in this interview

itsthepathocrats
12-28-2008, 09:24 AM
"But when it comes to dealing with policy, I think that our policies are locked in place."
Okay, I agree with this statement. Policies are in-place irrespective of what administration is in power. In fact, the administration's are chosen based on their ability to carry-out the desired policies.

"The saving grace may be that our bankruptcy in this country will make it very difficult for us to afford it just like the Soviets had to leave Afghanistan because they ran out of money and there system failed. Our system could fail and it might be a blessing in disguise."
I view this as totally off-the-mark. The economic downturn was planned and is being executed deliberately. It is designed to destabilize society so that it may be more easily controlled.

Does Ron still not see the big picture, or is he vectoring here?

TheConstitutionLives
12-28-2008, 03:11 PM
The economic downturn was planned and is being executed deliberately

- Bullshit. You give them way too much credit, my friend. Experts on the economic side of this debacle (Schiff, Rockwell, etc.) 100% disagree with you. I dont care what Alex Jones tells you, it's NOT deliberate.

PatriotOne
12-28-2008, 04:48 PM
I view this as totally off-the-mark. The economic downturn was planned and is being executed deliberately. It is designed to destabilize society so that it may be more easily controlled.

Does Ron still not see the big picture, or is he vectoring here?

I always thought RP was trying to be politically correct by not saying this was intentional. I didn't close my mouth for 10 seconds after I heard him say in the 12/23 Lew Rockwell interview when Lew asked him about the bailouts:

"Ya know, I have been thinking lately that maybe they don't care that it is not working. Maybe the goal is Nationalization".

Listen starting at 30 seconds of the interview.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/podcast/?p=episode&name=2008-12-23_089_there_is_hope.mp3

itsthepathocrats
12-28-2008, 05:28 PM
- Bullshit. You give them way too much credit, my friend. Experts on the economic side of this debacle (Schiff, Rockwell, etc.) 100% disagree with you. I dont care what Alex Jones tells you, it's NOT deliberate.
So sad to see the cognitive dissonance. It's really the biggest weapon they
have - our own limitation of thought and discussion.

Don't listen to any of the people you mention. In fact, I don't really like
so-called experts, especially ones provided for our consumption. However,
I do listen to Max Keiser (http://karmabanqueradio.com/) from time to time.

I always thought RP was trying to be politically correct by not saying this was intentional. I didn't close my mouth for 10 seconds after I heard him say in the 12/23 Lew Rockwell interview when Lew asked him about the bailouts:

"Ya know, I have been thinking lately that maybe they don't care that it is not working. Maybe the goal is Nationalization".

Listen starting at 30 seconds of the interview.
Thanks for the pick-up, P.O. Good to see Ron at least is hinting at reality by
saying "that they don't care that it is not working." Ron must be tightly
watched, and pushes the envelop as far as he can. If he were to take the next
step of saying it was planned, he'd bring a tremendous amount of rain on
himself and dilute his larger message of individual liberty by inviting large
scale attack.