PDA

View Full Version : Actual evidence that the MSM is a government propaganda machine?

ShannonOBrien
12-27-2008, 01:44 AM
Has anyone found a really good resource that can explain how the mainstream media is government propaganda? I haven't seen any solid evidence that the government is pulling the puppet strings on the MSM but I've seen with my own eyes their suspicious activities (such as their treatment of Ron Paul during the elections, beating the war drums into Iraq and never seeing a photo of a dead soldier). Not to mention the fact that we are not rated very highly in press freedom indexes.

Ex Post Facto
12-27-2008, 01:51 AM
There are organizations that keep track of this information.

Proving without a doubt they are propaganda is another story. There are a lot of questions that are left with the average American that the news won't touch, regarding 9/11 and the NAU. I don't think you can prove it but on a private website or through a youtube, without someone covering it. "Truth is treason in the empire of lies."

UtahApocalypse
12-27-2008, 02:11 AM
The government is not pulling the strings of the MSM......

The corporations, and people who pull the stings of the government are.

Agent CSL
12-27-2008, 02:21 AM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51NHA0D9VNL._SL500_AA240_.jpg
The book 'Into the Buzzsaw' has quite a few stories of media corruption.

Propaganda is not choosing whether to cut a story, that's censorship. It can be argued that censorship is a form of propaganda by disallowing the audience to access all sides of the story. So I'm not going to touch on censorship.

Propaganda is selecting and blowing up news stories for the benefit of the ideology or collective goal. I believe the major 3 (NBC, CBS and FOX) news agencies are propaganda, whilst CNN, and ABC are on the fence. FOX has "Cops" and "America's Most Wanted", but now Washington state has "Washington state's most wanted" and as I was watching tonight, they even explained a supposed offer of cash from the government to turn in 'suspected terrorists.' They used scare tactics, like "What if your neighbor was plotting behind your communities back..... now the government wants YOU to help them, and they'll offer cash!", complete with dramatic music. If this isn't propaganda (scare tactics) then please dip me in a vat of acid.

They're one in the same. Those galaxies collided eons ago.

ShannonOBrien
12-27-2008, 02:24 AM

What does the MSM get out of the deal?

Agent CSL
12-27-2008, 02:36 AM

This is a project I started on last year and never got around to finishing, but it should tell you a great deal. All is verifiable. They get a lot out of this deal.

Basically you have your companies Westinghouse (nuclear, defence) and General Electric (defence, energy, weapons) owning two of the biggest media companies out there. Westinghouse owns Viacom, and Viacom owns CBS, etc etc. General Electric owns NBC. Follow the yellow brick road!

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/5/24/35208/CBSViacom2.jpg

An even bigger (unfinished) picture! (2mb file) (http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/5/24/35208/bizarre-media-world.png)

ShannonOBrien
12-27-2008, 02:39 AM
This is a project I started on last year and never got around to finishing, but it should tell you a great deal. All is verifiable. They get a lot out of this deal.

You should finish it. I could see it being popular on digg. I like the pictures most of all.

Agent CSL
12-27-2008, 02:43 AM
You should finish it. I could see it being popular on digg. I like the pictures most of all.

If I am intent on finishing it, I'd make a website for it so I can have CSS pop-ups. :p There is so much information that a simple 2MB image would become easily 10GB. There are dots to connect everywhere, and that's not being paranoid either. These companies have orgies of CEOs and top staff who readily switch back and forth.

tremendoustie
12-27-2008, 02:45 AM
I don't think the media is mostly controlled, I think it's just biased and stupid, and brainwashed like most of the rest of us.

And most media bias is in the wording. E.g, if the senate seat scandal was bush:

"Bush claimed today that neither he nor his staff had any knowledge of the IL governor's criminal activities, despite reports that his chief of staff may have been involved with the governor on at least one occasion. Bush is refusing to provide any information during the investigation, and little is still known about the extent to which he and his staff may be involved in the corruption"

With Obama:

"Obama asserted today that neither he nor his staff had any knowledge of the IL governor's behavior. His chief of staff may have spoken with the governor, but as far as we know, the nature of the conversation was harmless. Obama has said he'll respect the wishes of the prosecutors and not provide information during the investigation, although he would like to speak openly. Little is yet known, but so far there has been no indication that obama or his staff was involved in any way with the scandal."

Same information, VERY different meaning.

fr33domfightr
12-27-2008, 02:53 AM

If you stay friendly with those in government, your network will get the interviews. Interviews will drive ratings. Be antagonistic to those in government, and you'll be ignored. That, plus the fact that many news organizations are based in the U.S. will by default lead them to be biased (ie. pro U.S.). Just as you're probably biased in favor of U.S. companies over foreign companies. The problem with this is, they don't ask the tough questions that the people need to hear.

I know there's much more to it than this, but this is one aspect of it.

FF

fr33domfightr
12-27-2008, 03:01 AM
Something else that should be considered. The FCC allocates the air space and licenses for the major TV networks. If these guys don't tow the company line, their business might be in jeapordy. Technically, they're suppose to serve in the people's interest, but if their news service doesn't, how is that in the people's interest?

FF

slacker921
12-27-2008, 04:15 AM
message force multipliers (http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/20/washington/20generals.html) is one example from this year.. and they wanted you to forget that. Kind of like you were supposed to forget the "stimulus checks" that were given to the lower and middle income taxpayers earlier in the year when November rolled around and McCain used "redistribution of wealth" in his attacks. The propaganda machine was in full effect and the MSM totally forgot that McCain was one calling for those stimulus checks (remember, it helped him in the few remaining primary states against Ron Paul..who was saying the stimulus checks wouldn't help.. Ron Paul was right..).

Look back at the Iranian speedboat "attacks" (http://www.dailykos.com/story/2008/1/16/15234/4407/463/437882) from the Spring.. it eventually came out that the info was leaked to the media and it was hugely and intentionally overblown. Remember how that played out in the primaries? .. Remember that the event itself helped Guiliani, Thompson, and McCain, and remember how the revelation that it was exaggerated got almost no air time?

Just two examples from this year.

Chieftain1776
12-27-2008, 06:04 AM
I meant to post this sooner and maybe it's just sensationalism by Dan Rather but this could be big:

He plans to flush out "…connections, most of them secret connections, between huge international corporate conglomerates and Washington power, whether it be in the hands of Democrats or Republicans, and its influence on what news Americans get”.
http://www.libertyguys.org/?p=259

Here's the link (http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=98451972)to the original article. The quote occurs early in the audio clip (@00:35). I'm not a truther or conspiracy theorist but I do believe that the government has an unfair advantage when it comes to getting its message out and uses that advantage.

slacker921
12-27-2008, 09:03 AM
He'll expose some of the corporate influence on Washington and the media. Maybe some of the corporations can't pay up so it's time to sacrifice them.

Before there was radio and TV there was corruption of the newspapers. The politicians in the 1800s hated the newspapers because they would print all kinds of propaganda and lies. There will be corruption in the media as long as the media exists.

hadenough
12-27-2008, 09:39 AM
If you stay friendly with those in government, your network will get the interviews. Interviews will drive ratings. Be antagonistic to those in government, and you'll be ignored. That, plus the fact that many news organizations are based in the U.S. will by default lead them to be biased (ie. pro U.S.). Just as you're probably biased in favor of U.S. companies over foreign companies. The problem with this is, they don't ask the tough questions that the people need to hear.

I know there's much more to than this, but this is one aspect of it.

FF

Exactly. They don't ask the hard questions and most Americans won't do the research. I say we boycott TV.

ronpaulforprez2008
12-27-2008, 10:18 AM
The evidence is in every word they speak.

Matt Collins
12-27-2008, 10:23 AM
Real simple. Don't watch TV, especially the news, for about 6 months. Then turn it on after 6 months and try to sit through a single episode of the evening news, or through 20 minutes of cable news.

Within moments all of their propaganda will become immediately and blatantly obvious.

dirknb@hotmail.com
12-27-2008, 10:25 AM
Both the government and the mainstream media are propaganda machines controlled by the owners of the Fed.

amonasro
12-27-2008, 11:23 AM
Speaking of corporations, corruption and control, have you guys ever seen this site?

www.theyrule.net

Fun site to create maps of the people who influence major corporations.

torchbearer
12-27-2008, 11:27 AM
Real simple. Don't watch TV, especially the news, for about 6 months. Then turn it on after 6 months and try to sit through a single episode of the evening news, or through 20 minutes of cable news.

Within moments all of their propaganda will become immediately and blatantly obvious.

this.

bojo68
12-27-2008, 02:54 PM
Eartha Kitt, who just died,(was Catwoman in Batman series) claimed that she said something at a function in 1968 that ticked of President Johnson, and Johnson called all the media and said to hush it up, they did, and within 2 hours she had lost her job, and could not get work in the US. 1968 mind you. Between that and the coverage of Ron Paul, I'm convinced. Good thing is people are now backing away from newspapers, I believe because they're to censored, and prefer the net. Between Rush, Drudge, and Lars Larson(local to me), I'm hoping they reject radio too.

Orgoonian
12-27-2008, 02:58 PM
It was a sad day for me when Larson turned neocon.
I used to enjoy his show very much.

UtahApocalypse
12-27-2008, 04:06 PM
Speaking of corporations, corruption and control, have you guys ever seen this site?

www.theyrule.net

Fun site to create maps of the people who influence major corporations.

:eek::eek::eek: Wow one of the coolest sites I ever played with!!!

James Madison
12-27-2008, 04:22 PM
Operation Mockingbird.

bojo68
12-27-2008, 05:10 PM
It was a sad day for me when Larson turned neocon.
I used to enjoy his show very much.

Last year he drove by our Ron Paul demonstration on the freeway at least once a week, and NEVER mentioned it on the air. He DID jump the gun and proclaim that Ron had dropped out of the race at least one month before it happened however. I argued with him and his producer over emails on this, and he simply recited the party line and ceased communication once he realized I wasn't going to drink the Kool-aid. He's a twirp, and he knows it.

Matt Collins
12-27-2008, 05:13 PM
Between Rush, Drudge, and Lars Larson(local to me), I'm hoping they reject radio too.
Listen to Mike Church sometime.

Carson
12-27-2008, 05:53 PM

Good Point!!!

DFF
12-27-2008, 06:01 PM

Correctemundo.

devil21
12-27-2008, 06:08 PM
This thread reminds me of a Newsweek from a couple weeks ago that FINALLY said "It looks like Saakasvilli (sp? Georgian pres.) really did provoke the Russians into attacking Georgia".

Yeah thanks for admitting that months after the fact when those of us paying attention already knew it. Our own government never admitted to that fact in their own statements. You want propaganda? Just read Newsweek.

Ex Post Facto
12-27-2008, 11:35 PM
After watching this video it's fairly clear MSM used political correctness and status quo against Ron Paul. It's grand deception, focus on negatives everytime you give him a question, negating any possible good thing he may say.

Anyways great video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNv_mFI8f5g

IPSecure
12-28-2008, 11:48 AM
Syndicated Media Is In 100% Partnership With Composite Government. (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2487376232580261614&fmt=18)

Flash
12-28-2008, 01:17 PM
Has anyone found a really good resource that can explain how the mainstream media is government propaganda? I haven't seen any solid evidence that the government is pulling the puppet strings on the MSM but I've seen with my own eyes their suspicious activities (such as their treatment of Ron Paul during the elections, beating the war drums into Iraq and never seeing a photo of a dead soldier). Not to mention the fact that we are not rated very highly in press freedom indexes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEU8SuIRxg8

surf
12-28-2008, 03:51 PM
Sometime in the last year or so a news report actually showed where the government was publishing (broadcasting) stories made to look like actual news. If your curious as to the source, you'll have to research it yourself, but i am certain that this is true.

The media, IMO, has become reliant on the government to provide news stories. Hence, there is a reluctance to bite the hand that feeds them. Access, etc. is undoubtedly gained through favorable reporting. See Cheney on Faux.

Brian4Liberty
12-28-2008, 09:23 PM
I don't think the media is mostly controlled, I think it's just biased and stupid, and brainwashed like most of the rest of us.

Bingo, you get the prize.

And further, the majority of the bias comes at the writer/editor/reporter level. The media heads will make "big picture" directives and changes if someone steps too far out of their line, but the day to day stuff comes in from low levels. These are like-minded people, that echo each other's opinions, and have the same sources of "information".

For instance, it was 98% unanimous that Saddam had to be taken out (in the media's eyes). And they all pushed for that end as much as they each could. It was coordinated in the sense that they had all convinced each other, and no dissent was allowed on the subject. No central command, but total group think. Didn't matter if they were Democrat, Republican or other.

They often divide on left/right issues (with the majority of the media on the left), but on some issues, they all come together.

lucius
12-28-2008, 10:40 PM
From another thread, works here as well:

The banksters (Rothschilds) bought Reuters at the end of the 19th century, which later bought AP early in the 20th century--what percentage of your news and "facts" come from Associated Press or Reuters? Also this media consolidation is not just in america, but worldwide.

Here is the work of a Rothschild proxy: J. P. Morgan. One begs the question, how did the banksters get control of the "free" press?

The answer is rather simple and began two years after the passage of the
Federal Reserve Act and the 16th Amendment.

"In March, 1915, the J.P. Morgan interests, the steel, shipbuilding, and powder
interests, and their subsidiary organizations, got together 12 men high up in
the newspaper world and employed them to select the most influential
newspapers in the United States and sufficient number of them to control
generally the policy of the daily press of the United States. These 12 men
worked the problem out by selecting 179 newspapers, and then began, by an
elimination process to retain only those necessary for the purpose of
controlling the general policy of the daily press throughout the country. They
found it was only necessary to purchase the control of 25 of the greatest
papers. The 25 papers were agreed upon; emissaries were sent to purchase
the policy, national and international, of these papers; an agreement was
reached; the policy of the papers was bought, to be paid for by the month;
an editor was furnished for each paper to properly supervise and edit
information regarding the questions of preparedness, militarism, financial
policies, and other things of national and international nature considered
vital to the interests of the purchasers... This policy also included the
suppression of everything in opposition to the wishes of the interests
served." - Congressman Oscar Callaway, The Congressional Record, February
9, 1917, Vol. 54, pp. 2947-48.

More than 90 years, anything inimical to 'policy agenda' has been suppressed. Some of you are little better than joe/jane sixpack--keep that head in the sand...you deserve everything coming your way.

Oh, from here: http://www.ap.org/pages/about/about.html

Facts
The Associated Press is the backbone of the world's information system serving thousands of daily newspaper, radio, television and online customers with coverage in all media and news in all formats. It is the largest and oldest news organization in the world, serving as a source of news, photos, graphics, audio and video.

AP's mission is to be the essential global news network, providing distinctive news services of the highest quality, reliability and objectivity with reports that are accurate, balanced and informed. AP operates as a not-for-profit cooperative with more than 4,000 employees working in more than 240 worldwide bureaus. AP is owned by its 1,500 U.S. daily newspaper members. They elect a board of directors that directs the cooperative.

AP supplies a steady stream of news around the clock to its domestic members, international subscribers and commercial customers. It has the industry's most sophisticated digital photo network, a 24-hour continuously updated online news service, a state-of-the-art television news service and one of the largest radio networks in the United States. It also has a commercial digital photo archive, a photo library housing more than 10 million images.

AP has received 49 Pulitzer Prizes, more than any other news organization in the categories for which it can compete. It has 30 photo Pulitzers, the most of any news organization.

The Associated Press is the essential global news network, delivering fast, unbiased news from every corner of the world to all media platforms and formats. Founded in 1846, AP today is the largest and most trusted source of independent news and information. On any given day, more than half the world's population sees news from AP.

Figures
243 bureaus in 97 countries.

1,700 U.S. daily, weekly, non-English and college newspapers.

5,000 radio and television outlets taking AP services.

850 AP Radio News audio affiliates.

550 International broadcasters who receive AP's global video news service, APTN, and SNTV, a sports joint venture video service.

121 number of countries served by AP

4 languages in which AP sends news. The report is translated into many more languages by international subscribers.

4,100 AP editorial, communications and administrative employees worldwide.

3,000 of AP's worldwide staff are journalists.

49 Pulitzer Prizes, including 30 for photography.

From here: http://thomsonreuters.com/about/reuters_news/

Reuters is the largest international news agency -- providing professionals around the world with stories that move the markets.

In 2007, Reuters filed over three million news items from 197 bureaus in 132 countries. As a leader in breaking news, Reuters gives clients a market advantage. Reuters News is seen on over 400,000 screens around the world and viewed by over 1 billion people every day.

Reuters is the largest international news agency -- providing professionals around the world with stories that move the markets.

Coverage
In 2007, Reuters filed over three million news items from 197 bureaus in 132 countries. As a leader in breaking news, Reuters gives clients a market advantage. Reuters News is seen on over 400,000 screens around the world and viewed by over 1 billion people every day.

Also, the government is the agent of the banksters, ie. subservient.

orafi
12-28-2008, 11:13 PM

Basically you have your companies Westinghouse (nuclear, defence) and General Electric (defence, energy, weapons) owning two of the biggest media companies out there. Westinghouse owns Viacom, and Viacom owns CBS, etc etc. General Electric owns NBC. Follow the yellow brick road!

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/5/24/35208/CBSViacom2.jpg

An even bigger (unfinished) picture! (2mb file) (http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/5/24/35208/bizarre-media-world.png)

So, is Nintendo fighting the NWO?

dirknb@hotmail.com
12-29-2008, 12:06 AM
A few of my favorite quotes on the subject:

"In March, 1915, the J.P. Morgan interests, the steel, shipbuilding, and powder interest, and their subsidiary organizations, got together 12 men high up in the newspaper world and employed them to select the most influential newspapers in the United States and sufficient number of them to control generally the policy of the daily press....They found it was only necessary to purchase the control of 25 of the greatest papers. An agreement was reached; the policy of the papers was bought, to be paid for by the month; an editor was furnished for each paper to properly supervise and edit information regarding the questions of preparedness, militarism, financial policies, and other things of national and international nature considered vital to the interests of the purchasers." - Congressman Oscar Callaway

“We are grateful to the Washington Post, the New York Times, Time magazine and other great publications whose directors have attended our meetings and respected the promises of discretion for almost forty years. It would have been impossible for us to develop our plan for the world if we had been subject to the bright lights of publicity during those years. But, the world is now more sophisticated and prepared to march towards a world-government. The supranational sovereignty of an intellectual elite and world bankers is surely preferable to the National auto-determination practiced in past centuries.” - David Rockefeller

"The CIA owns everyone of any significance in the major media." - William Colby - Former CIA Director

"We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false." - William Casey, CIA Director 1981

"The American people should be made aware of the trend toward monopolization of the great public information vehicles and the concentration of more and more power over public opinion in fewer and fewer hands." - Spiro Agnew

"The ruling class has the schools and press under its thumb. This enables it to sway the emotions of the masses." - Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing, at this date of the world's history, in America, as an independent press. You know it and I know it. There is not one of you who dares to write your honest opinions, and if you did, you know beforehand that it would never appear in print. I am paid weekly for keeping my honest opinion out of the paper I am connected with. Others of you are paid similar weekly salaries for similar things, and any of you who would be so foolish as to write honest opinions would be out on the streets looking for another job. If I allowed my honest opinions to appear in one issue of my paper, before twenty-four hours my occupation would be gone. The business of the journalists is to destroy the truth; to lie outright; to pervert; to vilify; to fawn at the feet of mammon, and to sell his country and his race for his daily bread. You know it and I know it, and what folly is this toasting an independent press? We are the tools and vassals of rich men behind the scenes. We are the jumping jacks, they pull the strings and we dance. Our talents, our possibilities, and our lives are all the property of other men. We are intellectual prostitutes." - John Swinton, former New York Times Chief of Staff

"These international bankers and Rockefeller Standard Oil interests control the majority of newspapers and the columns of these papers to club into submission or drive out of public office officials who refuse to do the bidding of the powerful corrupt cliques which compose the invisible government." - Theodore Roosevelt

"A newspaper has three things to do. One is to amuse, another is to entertain and the rest is to mislead." - Ernest Bevin - British Foreign Minister

"The advertisement is the most truthful part of a newspaper." - Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

AmericasLastHope
12-29-2008, 02:59 AM

this.

Seconded.

Bro.Butch
12-29-2008, 03:56 AM
From another thread, works here as well:

The banksters (Rothschilds) bought Reuters at the end of the 19th century, which later bought AP early in the 20th century--what percentage of your news and "facts" come from Associated Press or Reuters? Also this media consolidation is not just in america, but worldwide.

Here is the work of a Rothschild proxy: J. P. Morgan. One begs the question, how did the banksters get control of the "free" press?

The answer is rather simple and began two years after the passage of the
Federal Reserve Act and the 16th Amendment.

"In March, 1915, the J.P. Morgan interests, the steel, shipbuilding, and powder
interests, and their subsidiary organizations, got together 12 men high up in
the newspaper world and employed them to select the most influential
newspapers in the United States and sufficient number of them to control
generally the policy of the daily press of the United States. These 12 men
worked the problem out by selecting 179 newspapers, and then began, by an
elimination process to retain only those necessary for the purpose of
controlling the general policy of the daily press throughout the country. They
found it was only necessary to purchase the control of 25 of the greatest
papers. The 25 papers were agreed upon; emissaries were sent to purchase
the policy, national and international, of these papers; an agreement was
reached; the policy of the papers was bought, to be paid for by the month;
an editor was furnished for each paper to properly supervise and edit
information regarding the questions of preparedness, militarism, financial
policies, and other things of national and international nature considered
vital to the interests of the purchasers... This policy also included the
suppression of everything in opposition to the wishes of the interests
served." - Congressman Oscar Callaway, The Congressional Record, February
9, 1917, Vol. 54, pp. 2947-48.

More than 90 years, anything inimical to 'policy agenda' has been suppressed. Some of you are little better than joe/jane sixpack--keep that head in the sand...you deserve everything coming your way.

Oh, from here: http://www.ap.org/pages/about/about.html

Facts
The Associated Press is the backbone of the world's information system serving thousands of daily newspaper, radio, television and online customers with coverage in all media and news in all formats. It is the largest and oldest news organization in the world, serving as a source of news, photos, graphics, audio and video.

AP's mission is to be the essential global news network, providing distinctive news services of the highest quality, reliability and objectivity with reports that are accurate, balanced and informed. AP operates as a not-for-profit cooperative with more than 4,000 employees working in more than 240 worldwide bureaus. AP is owned by its 1,500 U.S. daily newspaper members. They elect a board of directors that directs the cooperative.

AP supplies a steady stream of news around the clock to its domestic members, international subscribers and commercial customers. It has the industry's most sophisticated digital photo network, a 24-hour continuously updated online news service, a state-of-the-art television news service and one of the largest radio networks in the United States. It also has a commercial digital photo archive, a photo library housing more than 10 million images.

AP has received 49 Pulitzer Prizes, more than any other news organization in the categories for which it can compete. It has 30 photo Pulitzers, the most of any news organization.

The Associated Press is the essential global news network, delivering fast, unbiased news from every corner of the world to all media platforms and formats. Founded in 1846, AP today is the largest and most trusted source of independent news and information. On any given day, more than half the world's population sees news from AP.

Figures
243 bureaus in 97 countries.

1,700 U.S. daily, weekly, non-English and college newspapers.

5,000 radio and television outlets taking AP services.

850 AP Radio News audio affiliates.

550 International broadcasters who receive AP's global video news service, APTN, and SNTV, a sports joint venture video service.

121 number of countries served by AP

4 languages in which AP sends news. The report is translated into many more languages by international subscribers.

4,100 AP editorial, communications and administrative employees worldwide.

3,000 of AP's worldwide staff are journalists.

49 Pulitzer Prizes, including 30 for photography.

From here: http://thomsonreuters.com/about/reuters_news/

Coverage

Also, the government is the agent of the banksters, ie. subservient.

If you mushrooms can't SEE and UNDERSTAND what's happening by this wonderful post you are an ignoramous or a shill !!! Thank you lucius, Agent CSL and dirknb@hotmail.com for excellent posts that will hopefully turn the lights on for the ones still in the dark. THANK YOU !

The CFR controls American media: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPlvdSQ6cAM

Media Caught Lying: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iW5kOB1pmg

The two organizations that run the United States: http://www.prolognet.qc.ca/clyde/cfr.html

CFR Who's Who: http://www.stopthenorthamericanunion.com/DidYouKnow.html

The Obama CFR Economic Team: http://www.thenewamerican.com/reviews/commentary/582-the-obama-economic-team

The dots all connect friends.

In a report titled The First Global Revolution, pg. 115, (1991) published by the Club of Rome, a globalist think tank, we find the following statement: 'In searching for a new enemy to unite us, we came up with the idea that pollution, the threat of global warming, water shortages, famine and the like would fit the bill.... All these dangers are caused by human intervention... The real enemy, then, is humanity itself'."

Barack Obama: Brought to you by the New World Order: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkRY46iRN9o

Obama promises to deliver policies directly from the establishment that his supporters believe they are opposing. - Carbon taxes/Environment czar - An expanded police state/civilian national security force - A continuation of the pre-emptive war policy (possibly against Pakistan) that made the Bush presidency so unpopular.

John Coleman slams global warming (1 of 4): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lk8SSqc7ekM

John Coleman slams global warming (2 of 4): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PuyvDCF95U

John Coleman slams global warming (3 of 4): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saqIqea6C0s

John Coleman slams global warming (4 of 4): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9ZXdX3qtQI

WEATHER CHANNEL Founder - Al Gore is a FRAUD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7B05xnnVjJk

Al Gore sued by over 30.000 Scientists for fraud: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfHW7KR33IQ

More Scientists don't see CO2 as temperature driver: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztvxGbH8Mqw

Glenn Beck: Global Warming greatest scam in history: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ft8LfE7AI2w

An excellent video documentary from British TV, Channel 4, dated 3/8/07 (1 hr 15 min), debunks the brain-washing One World Monopolists' propaganda in: The Great Global Warming Swindle. watch video >> http://www.stopthenorthamericanunion.com/videos/GlobalWarmingSwindle.html#Title

Hint . . . Sun Flares or Sun Spots are responsible for global changes. The more sun spots the warmer it gets here on earth, the fewer the sun flares the cooler it gets.

Imperial
12-29-2008, 05:10 PM
Well, the non-NWO explanation is the book Toxic Sludge is Good For You. You can watch a segment on it (narrated by Amy Goodman from Democracy Now, although there are many interviews throughout) on Youtube that is about an hour long.

To sum it up, the government uses the PR industry since WWI like crazy. At the same time, the media uses PR firms to make pre-packaged segments that are more efficient than actual reporting. Furthermore, huge corporations make front advocacy groups that contradict real intentions. In the end, reality is basically distorted.

And the AP just filters news primarily. It isn't that biased and provides balanced pieces all around. Reuters is pretty biased however, and I think low-quality news.

mediahasyou
12-29-2008, 06:44 PM
The MSM controls the government. There is your govenment. Enjoy your Mediacracy.

Deborah K
12-29-2008, 06:53 PM
http://i41.tinypic.com/ipw8r5.jpg

emazur
12-29-2008, 08:50 PM
Dan Rather talks shit about the MSM:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o25T0BspJ7c
http://digg.com/world_news/DNC_Dan_Rather

Kludge
12-29-2008, 08:54 PM
I hear the government injects methylsulfonylmethan into the water supply.....

haaaylee
12-29-2008, 10:19 PM
the documentaries Orwell Rolls Over in his Grave and OUTFOXED: Rurport Murdoch's War on Journalism are good. Both are on Google Video. Thank god for Google Video.

BuddyRey
12-29-2008, 10:36 PM

For sure! I know this from experience.

I used to be a huge CNN junkie. It was the only thing I watched. Consequently, I was pretty much a rank-and-file Democrat. I thought Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid would save the country. I wanted Universal Healthcare, National Service, and crackdowns on big corporations.

The Ron Paul campaign made me reevaluate all of this, and taught me to be wary of the ideological snake oil being sold by the mainstream media. As a result, I stopped watching television completely. I began actually reading for a change, and Mises, Hayek, Hazlitt, and Rothbard became my new "pundits."

Now, the power button on my remote control might just as well be trigger to my gag reflex. I can see logical fallacies, thought-eliminating cliches, appeals to authority, and just plain ol' B.S. that I just missed somehow when I used to watch. I hardly ever watch TV anymore, and when I do, it's usually just "The Dog Whisperer." :D

lucius
01-01-2009, 07:15 PM
For sure! I know this from experience.

I used to be a huge CNN junkie. It was the only thing I watched. Consequently, I was pretty much a rank-and-file Democrat. I thought Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid would save the country. I wanted Universal Healthcare, National Service, and crackdowns on big corporations.

The Ron Paul campaign made me reevaluate all of this, and taught me to be wary of the ideological snake oil being sold by the mainstream media. As a result, I stopped watching television completely. I began actually reading for a change, and Mises, Hayek, Hazlitt, and Rothbard became my new "pundits."

Now, the power button on my remote control might just as well be trigger to my gag reflex. I can see logical fallacies, thought-eliminating cliches, appeals to authority, and just plain ol' B.S. that I just missed somehow when I used to watch. I hardly ever watch TV anymore, and when I do, it's usually just "The Dog Whisperer." :D

That one-on-one dialog that you develop with an author while reading is powerful, and key to unlocking one's mind-- "Books are the stepping stones of civilization." :)

CUnknown
01-02-2009, 09:07 AM
I know everyone will probably say he is a socialist or whatever (and he is one), but I am pretty sure that the major work on the mainstream media as a propaganda tool is Chomsky's Manufacturing Consent.

If you are really curious about this topic, I highly suggest reading this book. It is not exactly light, easy reading, but it is pretty much the definitive work in my understanding. It presents rigorous case study after case study demonstrating the pro-State bias of the media.

Charles Wilson
01-02-2009, 09:29 AM
http://i41.tinypic.com/ipw8r5.jpg

Thanks Deborah. This is really well done. Anyone interested in knowing who the puppet masters are in the MSM can look up the owners and operators of this massive propaganda machine. Good job.

SWATH
01-02-2009, 12:34 PM
I hear the government injects methylsulfonylmethan into the water supply.....

and chondroitin sulfate just to keep us limber enough to bend over

Brian4Liberty
01-02-2009, 02:27 PM
And the AP just filters news primarily. It isn't that biased and provides balanced pieces all around.

AP is totally biased, and since it is the major "source of information" for the rank and file news departments, it shapes the group-think so common in the mainstream media.

lucius
01-02-2009, 05:45 PM
I know everyone will probably say he is a socialist or whatever (and he is one), but I am pretty sure that the major work on the mainstream media as a propaganda tool is Chomsky's Manufacturing Consent.

If you are really curious about this topic, I highly suggest reading this book. It is not exactly light, easy reading, but it is pretty much the definitive work in my understanding. It presents rigorous case study after case study demonstrating the pro-State bias of the media.

You are so correct; this is a landmark book--must read, several times over--grandfather chomski made his mark with this book. Magnificent mind, but as you pointed out, now a left-wing gate keeper... :(

haaaylee
01-02-2009, 07:57 PM
You are so correct; this is a landmark book--must read, several times over--grandfather chomski made his mark with this book. Magnificent mind, but as you pointed out, now a left-wing gate keeper... :(

It's also a documentary.

lucius
01-02-2009, 08:04 PM
It's also a documentary.

It's great documentary; I hand them out as well! :D

Imperial
01-02-2009, 09:48 PM
AP is totally biased, and since it is the major "source of information" for the rank and file news departments, it shapes the group-think so common in the mainstream media.

The AP picks up facts and presents a series of them to make a story. There are relatively few conclusions that are definitively drawn in them- they either a) put forward contradicting viewpoints or b) only put facts.

However, that isn't evil. I would say it is useful. The AP News-feed can get stories national. I find the reading informative.

It is when you see someone in front of you on the tv screen and drawing a conclusion from it. Just like guns are misused to murder or alcohol when drank in excess.

yoshimaroka
01-02-2009, 10:06 PM
The thing is now there isn't much investigative journalism. It's a lot cheaper to simply relay PR pieces and it's a lot more lucrative to report the latest celebrity up-skirt shot.

PlzPeopleWakeUp
01-02-2009, 10:56 PM
nt

sevin
01-03-2009, 01:12 AM
Doesn't anybody remember this story about Fox News getting their talking points directly from the White House?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_D08K7Q6hyE