PDA

View Full Version : C4L - Delete my UserID and ...

tpreitzel
12-27-2008, 01:21 AM
C4L staff -

Your website states (somewhere) that a userID can be deleted from the C4L organization by sending a Help message which I did. I asked that my UserID be deleted by the 26th of Dec. 2008 which has passed. I repeat. I want my UserID of tpreitzel deleted and my e-mail address deleted from your database and website. I asked your staff TWICE who deleted one of my posts to the C4L website and why one of my posts on the 22nd of Dec. 2008 was deleted. There was absolutely no legitimate reason for its deletion and the silence on the part of C4L has been deafening. I will pursue this separation with the C4L organization to its fullest. This step is simply the next in the process. I'm no longer officially connected with the C4L organization in any manner which means you need to delete my UserID and e-mail address from your database and website swiftly. I will continue to work with liberty minded organizations at the local level for the sake of my posterity and my fellow countrymen as I've done for decades. I don't need YOUR organization inappropriately censoring my remarks or those of other members. I thank you for your prompt action.

http://www.campaignforliberty.com/wire.php?view=1181 ABC To Make Homeland Security "Reality" Show

torchbearer
12-27-2008, 11:13 AM
this isn't the C4L help desk, your message was just recieved by the internets.
Don't worry we will send an anonymous post to help you.

LibertyEagle
12-27-2008, 11:24 AM
C4L staff -

Your website states (somewhere) that a userID can be deleted from the C4L organization by sending a Help message which I did. I asked that my UserID be deleted by the 26th of Dec. 2008 which has passed. I repeat. I want my UserID of tpreitzel deleted and my e-mail address deleted from your database and website. I asked your staff TWICE who deleted one of my posts to the C4L website and why one of my posts on the 22nd of Dec. 2008 was deleted. There was absolutely no legitimate reason for its deletion and the silence on the part of C4L has been deafening. I will pursue this separation with the C4L organization to its fullest. This step is simply the next in the process. I'm no longer officially connected with the C4L organization in any manner which means you need to delete my UserID and e-mail address from your database and website swiftly. I will continue to work with liberty minded organizations at the local level for the sake of my posterity and my fellow countrymen as I've done for decades. I don't need YOUR organization inappropriately censoring my remarks or those of other members. I thank you for your prompt action.

http://www.campaignforliberty.com/wire.php?view=1181 ABC To Make Homeland Security "Reality" Show

Are you sure it wasn't a mistake that your post was deleted? Did you inquire into it? What was it about anyway?

tpreitzel
12-27-2008, 06:12 PM
Are you sure it wasn't a mistake that your post was deleted? Did you inquire into it? What was it about anyway?

No, I'm not sure that it wasn't a mistake. I've inquired multiple times, but naturally I receive nothing in reply as to the status of my request or any action taken to delete my personal information from their organization. ;) Personally, I'm convinced that it was intentional due to communication from other members of the C4L. Since I'm fairly sure that members of the C4L staff read this forum periodically, I'll continue the process of escalating this problem until it's properly resolved, i.e. my userID of tpreitzel deleted along with any association with my e-mail address on their website or in any of the databases of C4L. I'm no longer affiliated with the C4L and I fully expect the staff to swiftly comply with my desires. Since organizations love to take advantage of government holidays, I'll give them a few more days until proceeding to the next level. ;)

LibertyEagle
12-27-2008, 06:15 PM
May I ask if this the only reason you're quitting the C4L?

tpreitzel
12-27-2008, 06:27 PM

Yes, it is. If I can't trust the organization to be forthright in answering my objections to their inappropriate behavior on such a simple issue, how can I expect to trust them in more important matters? In fact, I now do not. trust the organization at all. Yes, I do trust MOST of the individuals in the organization, but unfortunately those individuals don't usually rise to managerial * positions which might preclude problems like inappropriate censorship. Liberty Eagle, as I've stated elsewhere, I've been involved in efforts to restore constitutional government for nearly as long as Ron Paul, i.e. since my dad's influence in the 1960s with the John Birch Society. I don't NEED the C4L to continue my efforts. Also, I've also stated that I'll continue working with local members of ANY group including the C4L to restore constitutional liberty so it's not an issue of my quitting the movement to restore liberty. However, I've always been suspicious of the heavy hand of organizations including well meaning ones which is why my membership in ANY organization is almost nil. Against my better judgment, I was expecting better from the C4L. I knew better than to join in the first place. Liberty isn't really an issue of formal associations anyway although such associations can both help and hinder the pursuit of constitutional liberty. Liberty is a result of one's actions to gain a position of power and trust which is why my emphasis is on the GOP at the local level. Naturally, the GOP is one of the very few organizations with which I'm affiliated and I'll continue working OUTSIDE the GOP's sphere of influence as well.

* Precisely why I want to know who deleted my post and why

torchbearer
12-27-2008, 08:13 PM
(anonymous internet help desk processing response)
http://www.zillasoft.ws/images4/zilla-anonymous-surfer.jpg

torchbearer
12-27-2008, 08:15 PM
(unending fountain of devilish developers of deathly demeaning advice being paged)
http://blackfish.biz/house/d/129-1/v_for_vendetta.jpg

tangent4ronpaul
12-27-2008, 09:21 PM

Read the last dozen threads in this sub forum - there are TONS of reasons to leave or not get at all involved with the C4L in the first place.

Anyone else notice how they have become totally un-responsive to problems and failed to follow through with promised answers?

-t

tpreitzel
12-27-2008, 09:51 PM
Read the last dozen threads in this sub forum - there are TONS of reasons to leave or not get at all involved with the C4L in the first place.

Anyone else notice how they have become totally un-responsive to problems and failed to follow through with promised answers?

-t

Yes. TorchBearer is a classic example. At least, he's trying whether a member of the C4L or not. TorchBearer, the C4L needs you. ;)

In organizations, the cream generally does NOT rise to the top. :)

LibertyEagle
12-27-2008, 10:41 PM
I must admit that now you really have me curious. What on earth did you post that was censored? Do you remember what it was? It was a comment, right? Because it doesn't look like you ever setup your blog or anything.

tpreitzel
12-27-2008, 10:57 PM
I must admit that now you really have me curious. What on earth did you post that was censored? Do you remember what it was? It was a comment, right? Because it doesn't look like you ever setup your blog or anything.

LOL ... Basically that this new show was mere poopaganda ;) to prepare kiddies to snitch on their parents for the sake of their security. My post was heavily sarcastic and somewhat condescending to those individuals who'd allow that propagandist garbage into their homes. Americans need another show dedicated to polishing the badge of corruption and fascism. <- sarcasm ... really. ;) My post should never have been deleted which is why I want to know who deleted my post and why.

LibertyEagle
12-27-2008, 11:06 PM
lol. Are you talking about that new show I've seen them advertise called something like "Homeland Security"? When I saw the commercial about that today, I thought I was going to be ill. Pure propaganda. They even said the "keeping us safe" BS.

tpreitzel
12-27-2008, 11:08 PM
lol. Are you talking about that new show I've seen them advertise called something like "Homeland Security"? When I saw the commercial about that today, I thought I was going to be ill. Pure propaganda. They even said the "keeping us safe" BS.

Yep. That's the show parading America's finest. ;) Later, I've got a few other things to do now that ole' man winter is loosening his vice grip on the roads before the stores close...

Patriot123
12-27-2008, 11:29 PM
I think the fact that this second post of yours is still up and hasn't been removed says something in itself. If it was really being censored, they would have deleted your second one as well.

I think you're taking this a tad bit far and being very quick to think. The post could have easily been lost, corrupted, etc on the C4L server. It could have been deleted by accident. There could have been a glitch at the time that you posted it. Your second post is still up. You're basing this entirely off of this one thing, no? You can't simply assume that the post was being censored. Besides, that's highly unlikely for the reasons I stated previously.
Furthermore, C4L likely receives hundreds, if not thousands of emails at once. You cannot expect them to catch every single email and respond promptly. Occasionally, some staff may tend to put certain emails aside which require more attention, and sometimes forget about them. These people are very busy. I once was a web administrator of an online organization. I received dozens of questions, concerns, etcetera a day. Sometimes I forgot about a few due to the workload, or the type of question. Sometimes I simply forgot to answer a few. You cannot expect C4L staff to get to every single email, concern, phone call, etcetera. If you do, you need a reality check. Accidents are made all the time when you're running such a large and complex organization. You cannot blame these people. Because you know you'd make the same mistakes, too, if you were in charge. Give them a break. Ffs, it's the week of Christmas.

torchbearer
12-27-2008, 11:41 PM
Yes. TorchBearer is a classic example. At least, he's trying whether a member of the C4L or not. TorchBearer, the C4L needs you. ;)

In organizations, the cream generally does NOT rise to the top. :)

Seems like you have a personal problem.
I love how people come on the forum, acting like they really have this big question they act like they really want answered... when really that came to be a flaming bitch about something.

If you want, we can flame. If that makes your internet experience that more enjoyable.

The full force of internet anonymous muskateers have not arrive to join the roast, but if you like, we can get this flamer started?

torchbearer
12-27-2008, 11:43 PM
http://www.ratemyeverything.net/image/1254/0/Internet_Soldier.ashx

torchbearer
12-27-2008, 11:47 PM
(routing your serious question to lolcat help desk)
http://www.crunchgear.com/wp-content/photos/i_m_in_ur_internet_cloging_ur_tubes.jpg
Internet traffic...

tpreitzel
12-28-2008, 12:29 AM
I think the fact that this second post of yours is still up and hasn't been removed says something in itself. If it was really being censored, they would have deleted your second one as well.

I think you're taking this a tad bit far and being very quick to think. The post could have easily been lost, corrupted, etc on the C4L server. It could have been deleted by accident. There could have been a glitch at the time that you posted it. Your second post is still up. You're basing this entirely off of this one thing, no? You can't simply assume that the post was being censored. Besides, that's highly unlikely for the reasons I stated previously.
Furthermore, C4L likely receives hundreds, if not thousands of emails at once. You cannot expect them to catch every single email and respond promptly. Occasionally, some staff may tend to put certain emails aside which require more attention, and sometimes forget about them. These people are very busy. I once was a web administrator of an online organization. I received dozens of questions, concerns, etcetera a day. Sometimes I forgot about a few due to the workload, or the type of question. Sometimes I simply forgot to answer a few. You cannot expect C4L staff to get to every single email, concern, phone call, etcetera. If you do, you need a reality check. Accidents are made all the time when you're running such a large and complex organization. You cannot blame these people. Because you know you'd make the same mistakes, too, if you were in charge. Give them a break. Ffs, it's the week of Christmas.

Basically, you're just reiterating my previously stated remarks. I fully realize that organizations love to take advantage of government holidays, e.g. extending them over normal working days. Whether I can blame these people for this particular act of censorship is yet to be determined. From correspondence with other members of the C4L, I'll likely be right in my assumption of censorship unfortunately.

LibertyEagle
12-28-2008, 12:34 AM
Oh geez, c'mon, don't we have something more important to do than this???? Regardless of whether you think the C4L is run to its optimum, they aren't our enemies.

I swear, all we do on this site anymore is to bitch and moan. It's been so very long since I've seen ANYTHING about positive action taken to retake our precincts and local governments, or frankly, to even spread the message.

Basically, you're just reiterating my previously stated remarks. I fully realize that organizations love to take advantage of government holidays, e.g. extending them over normal working days.
What are you talking about? It's Christmas. Geez..

tpreitzel
12-28-2008, 12:35 AM
Seems like you have a personal problem.
I love how people come on the forum, acting like they really have this big question they act like they really want answered... when really that came to be a flaming bitch about something.

If you want, we can flame. If that makes your internet experience that more enjoyable.

The full force of internet anonymous muskateers have not arrive to join the roast, but if you like, we can get this flamer started?

If you and others don't like it, take a hike. No one's forcing you to post infantile pictures here. ;)

Patriot123
12-28-2008, 12:47 AM
Basically, you're just reiterating my previously stated remarks. I fully realize that organizations love to take advantage of government holidays, e.g. extending them over normal working days. Whether I can blame these people for this particular act of censorship is yet to be determined. From correspondence with other members of the C4L, I'll likely be right in my assumption of censorship unfortunately.

You're assuming. You have no proof. And the facts aren't exactly on your side. Leave C4L, then. Do us all a favor and just leave. We don't need "summer time soldiers" who are going to make random accusations with no facts to back them up just to incite a flame war.

Again, I would love to see you running an organization the size of C4L. I'm more than certain you'd be thrown out of your position in less than five minutes.

tpreitzel
12-28-2008, 12:52 AM
Oh geez, c'mon, don't we have something more important to do than this???? Regardless of whether you think the C4L is run to its optimum, they aren't our enemies.

I swear, all we do on this site anymore is to bitch and moan. It's been so very long since I've seen ANYTHING about positive action taken to retake our precincts and local governments, or frankly, to even spread the message.

What are you talking about? It's Christmas. Geez..

Yes, there is ... for now. New date for deletion of my membership data from C4L: Jan 2nd, 2009. ;)

tpreitzel
12-28-2008, 12:56 AM
You're assuming. You have no proof. And the facts aren't exactly on your side. Leave C4L, then. Do us all a favor and just leave. We don't need "summer time soldiers" who are going to make random accusations with no facts to back them up just to incite a flame war.

Again, I would love to see you running an organization the size of C4L. I'm more than certain you'd be thrown out of your position in less than five minutes.

"summer time soldier"? That's laughable as I've been involved in the movement to restore constitutional liberty since 1960s. As I've already stated, I'll wait a few more days to receive at least some response from the C4L. I'm not too hopeful.

mellamojuana
12-28-2008, 01:07 AM
tpreitzel, I understand your frustration and your desire to be attended to (heard/acknowledged/read/understood.) Don't we all? And I'm not asking that question in a smart-alecky way.

I'm a dues-paying member of C4L, and I am proud as a peacock (or even a peahen.) I sent a message to "headqtrs" too, and received an acknowledgment some time later. Then the question/suggestion I posed resolved itself as the website changed some of its offerings. (My computerese/expertise isn't the greatest; can you tell?)

My "take" is that a very few people are handling very many challenges on a very new venture/website. I'm willing to give them a break over these "government holidays" and any other time, too, hoping that others will cut me some slack when I need it. I make more than my share of mistakes, but sometimes, I also do more than my share of the work. Maybe the people behind the site do, too.

Incidentally, Christmas (Christ's Mass) is a religious, holy day. I believe the government is obligated to allow people to practice their faith in the way they see fit. First Amendment, Bill of Rights, Constitution, etc. If I had my way, the holy days would be recognized from the beginning of Advent (four Sundays before Christmas Day) through Epiphany, January 6, which is thought of as the time when the magi discovered the infant, Jesus, in Bethlehem. ;)

tpreitzel
12-28-2008, 05:26 PM
tpreitzel, I understand your frustration and your desire to be attended to (heard/acknowledged/read/understood.) Don't we all? And I'm not asking that question in a smart-alecky way.

I'm a dues-paying member of C4L, and I am proud as a peacock (or even a peahen.) I sent a message to "headqtrs" too, and received an acknowledgment some time later. Then the question/suggestion I posed resolved itself as the website changed some of its offerings. (My computerese/expertise isn't the greatest; can you tell?)

My "take" is that a very few people are handling very many challenges on a very new venture/website. I'm willing to give them a break over these "government holidays" and any other time, too, hoping that others will cut me some slack when I need it. I make more than my share of mistakes, but sometimes, I also do more than my share of the work. Maybe the people behind the site do, too.

Incidentally, Christmas (Christ's Mass) is a religious, holy day. I believe the government is obligated to allow people to practice their faith in the way they see fit. First Amendment, Bill of Rights, Constitution, etc. If I had my way, the holy days would be recognized from the beginning of Advent (four Sundays before Christmas Day) through Epiphany, January 6, which is thought of as the time when the magi discovered the infant, Jesus, in Bethlehem. ;)

Cheers. My UserID at the C4L website has been deleted! I'm free again to pursue liberty unencumbered by organizational gatekeepers. Honestly, I wish the C4L well. As I've stated, I'll continue to work with the C4L and any group at the local level in restoring constitutional liberty. Our country is at state and we need to work together whether we're members of this group or that group as long as our goal of constitutional liberty is consistent.

pacelli
12-28-2008, 11:48 PM
Glad that got worked out. You might want to consider joining Ron Paul's FREE, it's another organization that has been around for 30 years. :)

Nyte
12-30-2008, 09:44 PM
If you and others don't like it, take a hike. No one's forcing you to post infantile pictures here. ;)

http://blogs.warwick.ac.uk/images/lblackwell/2005/04/15/dont_worry_maam.jpg