PDA

View Full Version : Outreach: Need HELP to win Obama argument

Gage
12-26-2008, 11:31 PM
I recently got into an argument on a different forum about how Obama will be no better than Bush four years from now, and need a rather lengthy helping hand in how I should respond to this:

Explain how he will be worse than Bush.

Explain how ANYONE (except Palin) could be worse than Bush.

I know exactly how Obama will be worse, but I've only been able to think up mediocre comebacks. Can anybody help?

DeadheadForPaul
12-27-2008, 12:02 AM
Obama's Programs:

During the campaign season, Obama promised to kick-off a number of various programs:
1.) Universal Healthcare
2.) Public works on infrastructure/roads/etc.
3.) "Green Jobs"
and many more...

However, since then, it has become abundantly clear to the American people (we in the freedom movement were aware of this months, if not years ago) that the economy is in very poor shape.

Given these dire economic circumstances, Obama has two choices:
1.) Fund these programs, which would bankrupt the American people, increase inflation, and increase our already outrageous spending habits, thus possibly driving us into a Great Depression
2.) Go back on his word and not fund programs that he promised to his supporters and those who voted for him. This would mean that he is maintaining the status quo of Bush...Thus he provided no real "CHANGE" at all.

Obama has already admitted in several interviews that he is considering #2 - that some programs may have to be put "on hold" onto later. I hope that he does indeed acknowledge that we are in no position to allow for increased spending in the short-term

Matt Collins
12-27-2008, 12:05 AM
Here are some talking points I have put into a neat little graphic for anyone to use/modify, etc..

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x93/sonicspikesalbum/Obama/OWcopy.jpg

Catatonic
12-27-2008, 12:28 AM
Tell him to pick an issue, preferably an important issue and not something irrelevant like environmental reform, and say you will explain how what Obama is proposing is an expantion of what Bush has done, rather than a change.

Thrashertm
12-27-2008, 01:04 AM
You can also look to Obama's voting record since locking up the nomination. He voted for extending FISA and telecom immunity, after promising to help fillibuster against it. He voted for the Bailout.

I'm pretty sure he voted for some other scurrilous legistlation somewhat recently, but it's 2 AM and I'm too tired to look it up.

Gage
12-27-2008, 01:06 AM
Alright, I have posted a response combining all three of you guys' points. I'll get back to you if I need any more help :).

tremendoustie
12-27-2008, 01:10 AM
I recently got into an argument on a different forum about how Obama will be no better than Bush four years from now, and need a rather lengthy helping hand in how I should respond to this:

I know exactly how Obama will be worse, but I've only been able to think up mediocre comebacks. Can anybody help?

I wouldn't say he'll be worse, but I doubt he'll be better. More of the same, with a little higher IQ sums it up nicely. I like Matt's graphic.

fr33domfightr
12-27-2008, 03:25 AM
I think people like Obama because they get the feeling that he'll be open to new ideas. He says he likes to consider many points-of-view when dealing with a situation. That's a good thing, and I think a lot of people are hanging on to that hope. The problem is, he's beholden to the Democrat Party. If he veers too far, he'll start getting heat. He's also on course to make things much worse in our economy just by doing what he said he'd do, that's the wrong course.

FF