PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul making news in Arizona

DjLoTi
05-30-2007, 02:22 PM
Arizona -- Sources close to the campaign of presidential candidate Ron Paul (R-Tex) said that the congressman would probably choose the state of Arizona in which to renew his call for the legalization of industrial hemp

A call to legalize hemp would be attractive to Arizona’s farmers. This stance, combined with anti-war position, might make Ron Paul attractive to a large slice of GOP voters not enamored with many traditional “conservative” positions.

Arizona’s large farming community is said to be in favor of the legalization of an additional cash crop such as hemp. There is a large difference between industrial hemp - which contains little of the active ingredient that gets users “high - and marijuana that is actively cultivated for illegal drug use.

“The differences between Ron Paul and other candidates are gradually emerging,” said one observer of the campaign. “On one side you have modern day conservative-leaders like John McCain and Rudy Giuliani, and on the other a constitutional conservative Ron Paul. Contrasting their positions gives you a good idea of how far the American leadership has strayed from the Constitution.”

According to this observer, “If Ron Paul runs in Arizona on legalizing hemp production, that gives him a leg up over other GOP candidates who would never advocate such a thing.” There is already a formidable anti-war sentiment in Arizona that Ron Paul can capitalize on as well, this observer notes.

read the rest here
http://cannabisnews.com/news/23/thread23015.shtml

Erazmus
05-30-2007, 02:24 PM
Very good info, and well thought out on Ron's part.

GreenApples
05-30-2007, 02:24 PM
Might be good to let Iowa farmers know about it too?

winston_blade
05-30-2007, 02:25 PM
Interesting. Can't wait to see if this actually works, or if it really backfires.

DjLoTi
05-30-2007, 02:26 PM
Might be good to let Iowa farmers know about it too?

Unless he 'comes out with it' in Iowa, either we'll have to educate, they'll have to educate themselves, Ron Paul will tell them, or someone else will tell them... that's how it works.

specsaregood
05-30-2007, 04:06 PM
"...choose the state of Arizona in which to renew his call for the legalization of industrial hemp"

If they decide to push this I would like to see them REALLY push. I want them to spend some money. A full-on media onslaught for a day or two or week -- even if it costs some cash. He needs to not be made a single-issue candidate. This is an issue that I think the majority of Americans would agree with, especially if the push includes some "education".

If they gave his supporters a headsup on when this would happen I would be willing that this grassroots network would spring up to actively promote him/promote this issue during the above mentioned media blitz.

You gotta spend some money to make some more money and I like the idea of using targets like this.

Edit: We IMPORT EVERYTHING, this is something we can "make" and use internally and export! I would think the tree-hugging folks, the farmers, everybody except some corporations would be on-board for this.