PDA

View Full Version : This is the competition

john_anderson_ii
09-11-2007, 02:49 AM
are you saying islamic nazis hate us because we took land from indians?

After trying to explain what non-interventionist means, this guy said the United States has never, ever done anything so ignoble as to take land from someone. I reminded him of the Mexican-American war. He spouted out this gem.

I'm going to find something hard to bang my head against now.

Necons aren't the enemy.
Democrats aren't the enemy.
Ignorance is the enemy.

Lord Xar
09-11-2007, 03:01 AM
well, the mexicans should actually thank us for winning the mexican/american war and buying the land from them in the treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo -- now they get to live in a nice environment, get free healthcare and schooling, welfare etc.. ..... all in all, they got a better deal than if it didn't happen. I can't imagine it being any different than the third world country it is now. Just a bunch of extra states throw in.... :) just kidding. well, not really but sorta.

beermotor
09-11-2007, 04:13 AM
Dude, the answer to that is YES OF COURSE. Not because we took lands from Mexicans, of course, but because we're trying to do it again to Muslims. Imperialist past is certainly evidence of potential future actions, ain't it?

JosephTheLibertarian
09-11-2007, 04:19 AM
Weren't they waging aggression against the US? It wouldn't have been unreasonable to completely take over Mexico.