PDA

View Full Version : Want to reach out to 500,000 Iowians?

DjLoTi
09-11-2007, 02:35 AM
Here's an email I just got from my RonPaulradio address:

Hello - noticed your internet radio station and was wondering if you were
interested in running Ron Paul Radio on the broadcast airwaves in Iowa...we
run a 5 kilowatt station that covers a 65 mile radius covering about 500,000
Iowans and about as many Illini - we can rent the station out at a decent
rate so you could run Ron Paul Radio on the air....

Station Manager

Coverage Map:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v208/LiveontheIsland/bb3dbb6c.gif

skiingff
09-11-2007, 02:38 AM
Very exciting... more information???

DjLoTi
09-11-2007, 02:42 AM
Um.. I'll have to write him back..

We don't receive nearly enough donations to do this, so we would have to go commercial.

The radio station is getting a lot bigger a lot faster then I can really do. I simply *can not* do Ron Paul radio full time. If I could, man... I'd be livin the dreams....

If I do this, I'd like to figure out exactly how long we rent out the station, what time slots we'll be using, how much it will cost to broadcast in Iowa, and if I can make it happen.

I need me X like 30 to really get everything done.

The Dane
09-11-2007, 02:42 AM
Way to go DjLoti !

I hope for the best, this sounds like good news.

Ron Paul Radio non-stop. :)

DjLoTi
09-11-2007, 02:43 AM
Haha ya it's great! :) We have a radio station in Iowa now!!!

Ron Paul is literally TAKING OVER THE AIRWAVES!! Yeahh!!!

skiingff
09-11-2007, 02:50 AM
Haha ya it's great! :) We have a radio station in Iowa now!!!

Ron Paul is literally TAKING OVER THE AIRWAVES!! Yeahh!!!

That's why it would be so exciting...

My personal determination all along has been to recapture the airwaves for the people instead of the corporations... and of course this is fighting back at the MSM who refuse to so much as acknowledge Paul's presidency.

No one could ignore a presidential candidate that literally owns the airwaves in Iowa... how exciting that would be. We could do something like this in conjunction with the TV ads, the central Iowa Meetup is already participating in the TV commercials week... maybe we could modify a different version of one of the TV commercials and air it in the Davenport area saying "tune in to such and such radio for more information"

Would certainly be a first, being a grassroots effort for a presidential campaign!!!

Again, the more we stick it to the MSM and fight fire with fire... the more they will be forced to acknowledge our presence.

DjLoTi
09-11-2007, 02:52 AM
What candidate has a radio station dedicated ENTIRELY TO THEM in Iowa? That would raise some eyebrows!!!!

skiingff
09-11-2007, 02:57 AM
What candidate has a radio station dedicated ENTIRELY TO THEM in Iowa? That would raise some eyebrows!!!!
My point exactly.

DjLoTi
09-11-2007, 02:59 AM
Well, all I've got to say is I wish I was gainfully unemployed.

DjLoTi
09-11-2007, 08:13 AM
Bump-athon

micahnelson
09-11-2007, 08:20 AM
How much would it cost?

DjLoTi
09-11-2007, 08:24 AM
I don't know, I'm going to have to find out, but it's a major upgrade to what we have now. And I can tell you right now that I don't have the money for it. Chances are, I'm going to have to really work this out. I'm going to have to pay for it somehow. And I'm going to have to have quality content on the radio, which right now is primarily just looping. It's basically an entire upheaval of what we're doing now. That's why it's tough that I can't quit my job - - I could be like a 3 hour radio host and get a co-host and we could have a studio ect. , , you know, do this for real. We could make a studio for Rick and he could do a show. Rick would be well suited for Iowa, I think. You can listen to his show in about 30 minutes on www.RonPaulradio.com

It's a chance of a lifetime but it can't be a hack-job. Nevertheless, it's exciting :)

micahnelson
09-11-2007, 08:33 AM
You should put me on. I am brilliant, and the smooth tones of my voice would secure the female vote for Ron Paul very quickly. Also, I am very aware of the strength of my humility.

belian78
09-11-2007, 08:36 AM
I'd be willing to chip in for this, you'd broadcast to my area according to that map. I'm not a moneybags, but i can give what i can.

nullvalu
09-11-2007, 08:43 AM
This is very cool! wow...

constituent
09-11-2007, 09:28 AM
congrats dj! why would you need a studio though?

can't they just use a high-speed live stream off their comp. and
hook it in to their equipment? to what degree is this indivdual
looking to cover costs?

ghemminger
09-11-2007, 09:48 AM
Dj - Nice news - I will be at the USC Rally Wed. Is there a way I can do the show LIVE from USC? Are we covering it live - I know SV is covering it as well?

themanhere
09-11-2007, 09:53 AM
Whats the name of the station? Is it some amateur set up? i use to live in that area and i remember there being tons of college type stations on the air.

Kregener
09-11-2007, 09:55 AM
About $250 - $300 for a 60 second spot?

Run 3 times a day during morning, afternoon and evening drive time

Monday thru Friday?

$3,800 - $4,500 a week.

Just guessing here. It has been a long time since I was on the air in radio.

Scribbler de Stebbing
09-11-2007, 10:00 AM
About $250 - $300 for a 60 second spot?

Run 3 times a day during morning, afternoon and evening drive time

Monday thru Friday?

$3,800 - $4,500 a week.

Just guessing here. It has been a long time since I was on the air in radio.

They're talking much smaller. The POPULATION in the coverage area would be about 500,000. Actual listeners would be . . . 5,000? So don't let them charge you too much.

As for funding, go the old-fashioned route: advertising. RonPaulStickers.com could advertise, as could pro-Paul blogs, or just anyone who wanted to say, "My name is Joe Smith from Des Moines, and I support Ron Paul" for $50.

mport1
09-11-2007, 10:33 AM
This would be incredible!

mdh
09-11-2007, 10:49 AM
We need more DJs too!