PDA

View Full Version : A flash from the past (Ron Paul was right)

LibertyEagle
12-23-2008, 10:10 PM
http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog.php?view=6679

torchbearer
12-23-2008, 10:11 PM
Awesome!
Prophet from the desert.

inibo
12-23-2008, 10:29 PM
*sighs*

LibertyEagle
12-23-2008, 10:56 PM
*sighs*

Whatsa matter, inibo? :(

inibo
12-23-2008, 11:14 PM
Whatsa matter, inibo? :(
People still don't listen.

I recently posted aravoth's latest video on my livejournal and the response it got was basically "I don't want all the doom and gloom, tell me something that will cheer me up."

Mainly, though, I sigh for what could have been. I want to see it in my lifetime, but I fear I won't.

oilboiler
12-23-2008, 11:18 PM

I recently posted aravoth's latest video on my livejournal and the response it got was basically "I don't want all the doom and gloom, tell me something that will cheer me up."

Mainly, though, I sigh for what could have been. I want to see it in my lifetime, but I fear I won't.

My sentiments exactly.

SamuraisWisdom
12-23-2008, 11:18 PM
That was an excellent video

LibertyEagle
12-23-2008, 11:47 PM

I'm thinkin' we need to be telling them what to do to make everything better. They want to know there will be a happy ending. It's just my opinion, but instead of just focusing on what is being done wrong, we need to show them what it is we need to do to right the ship. It's more positive and we need to do that anyway, or when things fall, they'll just run to the person who DOES say they'll make it all better.

inibo
12-24-2008, 01:35 PM
I'm thinkin' we need to be telling them what to do to make everything better. They want to know there will be a happy ending. It's just my opinion, but instead of just focusing on what is being done wrong, we need to show them what it is we need to do to right the ship. It's more positive and we need to do that anyway, or when things fall, they'll just run to the person who DOES say they'll make it all better.

Well, without really thinking about it too hard, it seems to me the biggest bang for the buck in the short term would be to convince people to stop voting for Democrats or Republicans. That is the tack I take, but those on either side have the same reaction: Well, I have to vote for the <insert one or the other here>s or else <insert the remaining party here>s will win and the end of the world will come. Every time I point out something objectionable about Obama, everyone assumes I was a McCain supporter. I have no idea how to break people out of that binary mindset and, as I said, that is such a basic first step that if you can't get that far how are you ever going to get to the meat?

Dave39168
12-24-2008, 02:38 PM

One big problem though is that they don't realize just how bad things are. how corrupt our gvmnt is, how screwed up our monetary system is, how screwed up our political system is, how much unconstitutional legislation we pass every year, how bad we are inflating the currency, how real the NAU and NWO are, just how dependent the average person is on the government, just how intrusive our military is around the world, ETC....

I'd love to go around giving people solutions and answers to the problems. But most of them don't realize the problem, and as someone stated earlier they don't want to hear it.

You are right, we do need to be there with answers when things fall. Because the gvmnt is going to be fearmongering saying "we have the only solution, we must do it this way or it will only get worse..." Just like the bailouts: "we have to pass this or things will only get worse" So you are right we've got to offer positive solutions.

.... BUT Its really difficult to offer solutions when people don't understand and don't want to understand the problems.

pacelli
12-24-2008, 03:24 PM
"Ron Paul was Right" by Zulu Cowboy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiNMnbhnDEU

scotto2008
12-25-2008, 11:34 AM
.... BUT Its really difficult to offer solutions when people don't understand and don't want to understand the problems.

I think that the extent of the pain yet to come will shock a lot of people out of their denial and complacency. We can only hope that they will become teachable at that time.