PDA

View Full Version : An Open Letter to Dr. Ron Paul - In Defense of Liberty

hard@work
09-11-2007, 01:46 AM
I spent a good deal of time writing a letter to Dr. Paul. Since I post on here a bit too often now I figured I'd share it with the community to get some criticism (free proof reading haha) or insight. I am going to hand write this letter (110 wpm typist NO ERRORS baby!) and mail it off since I cannot attend the 12th rally.

Let me know what you think. I wanted to let him know what he has behind him, especially after the punditry has gone full attack mode.

In Defense of Liberty

An Open Letter to Doctor Ron Paul

Dr. Paul,

I had thought for some time as to how I would communicate this message to you, in that should you read these words I would hope bring you the same inspiration you have brought us. There is much I would say to you if I had but a moment’s time, but most of it would be sheer astonishment at the bold message you have brought to my ears. For the first time in my thirty one years of life I understand the philosophy of Liberty and what she means to all of us. It is with this inspiration that I write this to you now. Instead of pointing out that which is obvious to you or that which your advisors may have already discussed I have decided to focus on that which I feel is important to you coming from one so humble as I. I know you are fighting for us where no man, or at least none who has appeared strongly in my lifetime, has done before. And I am aware of the opportunity you have achieved and how great and rare it is.

You have brought to so many of us a gift that while addled behind our television sets and stuffed with trans fats from drive through windows we were unaware was right before us. For the first time in many of our lives we are stepping outside of our boxes and shaking the hands of our neighbors. Our numbers are growing but not just by mere headcount or online signup. Every one of us, every single one, is reading and learning about our foundation and the philosophies of Liberty. And as newly awaken citizens find out about us they too become active. We are hosting our own true “town halls” and acting in defense of democracy and in defense of the Republic. We are aware of the methods that the “opposition” holds against even honest debate, and the disregard and sheer contempt they hold for those who would challenge either their power or their saturated mass marketed belief systems. But we will not falter, we shall not cease, and we will respectfully remind those around us of their God given rights to choose who it is that shall lead us; and those inaliable rights we hold self evident. And I would submit to you now that the foes of Liberty have made a grave mistake in their calculations when assuming they could divert from the message.

Regardless I come not to discuss the merits, the nuances, the ramifications, or the implications of true Liberty. I come merely as your servant in hopes that you will publically become mine. And so I come with a message from the people who support you in hopes to inspire you as much as you have inspired us. While you travel the nation speaking of good will towards men and the hope of prosperity, the return of the free market, the securing and expansion of American Liberty, and the spread of Democracy once again through example as we have done for hundreds of years we are with you. We are watching every move, hanging on every word, and cheering you on regardless. There is no statement they can make, no misleading they can do, no lie they can purport without our communicating and verifying instantly through the internet. We have gained control over the minds of our brethren and no longer will we be threatened by misleading or misguided propaganda. And we too are aware that they know this.

We are aware that they intend to marginalize you, to minimize the message. They will ridicule, insult, dodge, or ignore the message. And we know why. We know they fear the truth of debate and the rapid dissent of their power base. But we do not fear these men, for with all their punditry and business dealings they are nothing more than participants in the welfare system which once removed they are but paupers. And we are aware that they fear us, as it should be. For we are spreading the message of Liberty without them. Now it is time for the 4th estate to consider its place in our democracy, for even amongst those unsure of your message we all agree that the 4th estate has been subverted by interests not in line with the American people. Where they have failed us sir we shall replace them. Where the message is held down we shall stand. Where the pundit tries to ridicule we shall shout back, where they attempt to mislead we shall speak truth, and when they try to attack we shall be your shield. It is time for us to reclaim our rightful place as rulers of this great country. And we believe firmly that you shall lead the way.

Sir, I come to you today in defense of Liberty.

Doctor Ron Paul, Congressman of the 14th district of Texas: we shall never tire.

Sincerely,

The People

Spirit of '76
09-11-2007, 01:51 AM
Brilliant.

hard@work
09-11-2007, 01:53 AM
Brilliant.

Yes I know, but what did you think of the letter? (har har har har har)

john_anderson_ii
09-11-2007, 01:53 AM
Outstanding letter. If he doesn't get motivated and misty eyed reading that, I'll eat my laptop.

As an aside, I don't understand the reference to the 4th estate. Can anyone provide some insight?

Spirit of '76
09-11-2007, 01:54 AM
As an aside, I don't understand the reference to the 4th estate. Can anyone provide some insight?

The press.

purplechoe
09-11-2007, 02:26 AM
Very nicely done, can you put my name on it too? :) You just expressed exactly how I feel about the man.

Revolution9
09-11-2007, 02:45 AM
Standing ovation!

Best of Regards
Randy

Original_Intent
09-11-2007, 02:52 AM
This is the only sentence in the entire letter I didn't care for:

"Instead of pointing out that which is obvious to you or that which your advisors may have already discussed I have decided to focus on that which I feel is important to you coming from one so humble as I"

I don't know, I just felt like this sentence was overly sycophantic - I am not saying it is not sincerely felt and expressed, I personally felt it was just laying it on a bit thick. Maybe that is just me. Other than this I thought it was an outstanding letter.

Not exactly sure how I would change it, and as it is your letter, leave it as is if it really fits you. I think I would probably end the sentence at "which I feel is important to you." and leave off the "coming from one so humble as I."

It may also be that I am just overly critical at 3:00 a.m. ;)

hard@work
09-11-2007, 02:58 AM
lol, well read it again tomorrow and let me know. I've been reading a LOT of Jefferson's letters recently so my diction will go from already winded to bantering prose more and more each day. Really appreciate the feedback!

Ozwest
09-11-2007, 03:18 AM
Another era inhabiting the present. Stirring.

Omnis
09-11-2007, 04:12 AM
I shall say we shall have a spot o' tea when Paul shall be elected. It shall be a shallow cup, though, for Paul shall have much work to do.

When RP gets this letter, it shall be a good read, and hopefully shall raise his spirits.

:D Couldn't resist. Anyway, there are some comma splices and words that need hyphens.

hard@work
09-11-2007, 11:02 AM
but ... but... I need my commas for dramatic effect and to empower my run ons ...

:(

FSP-Rebel
09-11-2007, 11:15 AM
Isn't Dr. Paul from the 14th district in Texas?

skilt
09-11-2007, 11:17 AM
I spent a good deal of time writing a letter to Dr. Paul. Since I post on here a bit too often now I figured I'd share it with the community to get some criticism (free proof reading haha) or insight. I am going to hand write this letter (110 wpm typist NO ERRORS baby!) and mail it off since I cannot attend the 12th rally.

Let me know what you think. I wanted to let him know what he has behind him, especially after the punditry has gone full attack mode.

In Defense of Liberty

An Open Letter to Doctor Ron Paul

Dr. Paul,

I had thought for some time as to how I would communicate this message to you, in that should you read these words I would hope bring you the same inspiration you have brought us. There is much I would say to you if I had but a moment’s time, but most of it would be sheer astonishment at the bold message you have brought to my ears. For the first time in my thirty one years of life I understand the philosophy of Liberty and what she means to all of us. It is with this inspiration that I write this to you now. Instead of pointing out that which is obvious to you or that which your advisors may have already discussed I have decided to focus on that which I feel is important to you coming from one so humble as I. I know you are fighting for us where no man, or at least none who has appeared strongly in my lifetime, has done before. And I am aware of the opportunity you have achieved and how great and rare it is.

You have brought to so many of us a gift that while addled behind our television sets and stuffed with trans fats from drive through windows we were unaware was right before us. For the first time in many of our lives we are stepping outside of our boxes and shaking the hands of our neighbors. Our numbers are growing but not just by mere headcount or online signup. Every one of us, every single one, is reading and learning about our foundation and the philosophies of Liberty. And as newly awaken citizens find out about us they too become active. We are hosting our own true “town halls” and acting in defense of democracy and in defense of the Republic. We are aware of the methods that the “opposition” holds against even honest debate, and the disregard and sheer contempt they hold for those who would challenge either their power or their saturated mass marketed belief systems. But we will not falter, we shall not cease, and we will respectfully remind those around us of their God given rights to choose who it is that shall lead us; and those inaliable rights we hold self evident. And I would submit to you now that the foes of Liberty have made a grave mistake in their calculations when assuming they could divert from the message.

Regardless I come not to discuss the merits, the nuances, the ramifications, or the implications of true Liberty. I come merely as your servant in hopes that you will publically become mine. And so I come with a message from the people who support you in hopes to inspire you as much as you have inspired us. While you travel the nation speaking of good will towards men and the hope of prosperity, the return of the free market, the securing and expansion of American Liberty, and the spread of Democracy once again through example as we have done for hundreds of years we are with you. We are watching every move, hanging on every word, and cheering you on regardless. There is no statement they can make, no misleading they can do, no lie they can purport without our communicating and verifying instantly through the internet. We have gained control over the minds of our brethren and no longer will we be threatened by misleading or misguided propaganda. And we too are aware that they know this.

We are aware that they intend to marginalize you, to minimize the message. They will ridicule, insult, dodge, or ignore the message. And we know why. We know they fear the truth of debate and the rapid dissent of their power base. But we do not fear these men, for with all their punditry and business dealings they are nothing more than participants in the welfare system which once removed they are but paupers. And we are aware that they fear us, as it should be. For we are spreading the message of Liberty without them. Now it is time for the 4th estate to consider its place in our democracy, for even amongst those unsure of your message we all agree that the 4th estate has been subverted by interests not in line with the American people. Where they have failed us sir we shall replace them. Where the message is held down we shall stand. Where the pundit tries to ridicule we shall shout back, where they attempt to mislead we shall speak truth, and when they try to attack we shall be your shield. It is time for us to reclaim our rightful place as rulers of this great country. And we believe firmly that you shall lead the way.

Sir, I come to you today in defense of Liberty.

Doctor Ron Paul, Congressman of the 22nd district of Texas: we shall never tire.

Sincerely,

The People

Just the line about the 4th estates participation in our democracy. He'd be heartened to hear it referred to as a republic - nit picky, but that's one of his big points.

SK

hard@work
09-11-2007, 11:32 AM
Isn't Dr. Paul from the 14th district in Texas?

Yes! It was late and I put down the district her represented in the 70's.

:)

tnx