PDA

View Full Version : Does congress deserve a pay raise?

WarDog
12-23-2008, 01:36 AM
Congress Should Accept the Pay Raise
http://www.congress.org/congressorg/issues/alert/?alertid=12338681&type=ML

Congress Should Reject the Pay Raise
http://www.congress.org/congressorg/issues/alert/?alertid=12338511&type=ML

Brassmouth
12-23-2008, 01:39 AM
They should all be fired, and replaced with balloon animals. How's that?

psywarrior13
12-23-2008, 01:41 AM
They should all be fired, and replaced with balloon animals. How's that?

Would they be Evil Balloon Animals???

Ex Post Facto
12-23-2008, 01:56 AM
They've been doing this for years...increasing their wealth over ours.

Grimnir Wotansvolk
12-23-2008, 02:15 AM
$174,000

ONE HUNDRED SEVENTY FOUR FUCKING THOUSAND PER YEAR

and that's not even counting the vast amounts of wealth required to even get into congress in the first place. they could all live cosy with a 0% pension, I'm sure

Why are we not rioting yet? When I stop to think about all the hardship my family has gone through because of money, all the struggle and sacrifice that the funds they steal could have mended, that's more than enough.

I'm tired of idle banter. I'm ready and willing to throw my life away if it means any of theirs go with it

Brassmouth
12-23-2008, 02:27 AM

Yes! They'd prey on unsuspecting children and spray helium down their throats! Making their voices freakishly high-pitched!

ihsv
12-23-2008, 02:30 AM
http://www.roflshirts.com/images/obama-NOPE.gif

asimplegirl
12-23-2008, 03:54 AM
4 words.

Hell to the no.

Dieseler
12-23-2008, 04:54 AM
They deserve a thrashing in the public square.

jkr
12-23-2008, 09:16 AM
i will second the "nope"

nodope0695
12-23-2008, 09:26 AM
Not no.....but

Fuck No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Firegirl
12-23-2008, 09:38 AM
Hell no. After approving all of these bailouts, with OUR money no less, they should voluntarily take a pay cut. And then get a public lashing. AND be replaced by balloon animals....or have to wear dunce caps while Congress is in session....

Mike120170
12-23-2008, 11:48 AM
I think they should work for $1.00

orafi
12-23-2008, 12:21 PM

Except evil balloon animals are full of shit and can't pop! So how is that an improvement over the guys we already have?

Truth Warrior
12-23-2008, 12:33 PM
Well I guess so, they PASSED their bi-annual job performance review. :p :rolleyes:

hillbilly123069
12-23-2008, 12:35 PM
The only raise they deserve is from my foot going into their asses.

Theocrat
12-23-2008, 01:24 PM
The only member of Congress who deserves a pay raise is Congressman Paul, in my opinion.

RickyJ
12-23-2008, 01:48 PM
If they would represent us instead of the elite then I would be all for giving each of them 10 million or more a year. They don't represent us. Over 80% of the nation is strongly against illegal aliens remaining in the USA, yet Congress critters continue to ignore the pleas of the people they are suppose to represent.

satchelmcqueen
12-23-2008, 01:50 PM
$174,000

ONE HUNDRED SEVENTY FOUR FUCKING THOUSAND PER YEAR

and that's not even counting the vast amounts of wealth required to even get into congress in the first place. they could all live cosy with a 0% pension, I'm sure

Why are we not rioting yet? When I stop to think about all the hardship my family has gone through because of money, all the struggle and sacrifice that the funds they steal could have mended, that's more than enough.

I'm tired of idle banter. I'm ready and willing to throw my life away if it means any of theirs go with it

same here. lets hope more people feel like me and you. when the right time comes, its going to be shear horror for the gov.

mediahasyou
12-23-2008, 02:11 PM
The masters do not deserve payment. The masters deserve a revolution.

cheapseats
12-23-2008, 02:49 PM
The masters do not deserve payment. The masters deserve a revolution.

I agree.

As to pay raises, I will argue that at this juncture, NOBODY "deserves" one -- that our objective right now, in this goofball correction-slash-redistribution, is to determine who deserves a pay CUT.

Congress, Henry Paulson, a fistful of executives, a fistful of regulators and the Assholes who head the rating agencies for starters -- except where assets should be seized altogether, with the most egregious Bad Guys either thrown into federal penitentiaries or executed.

Dieseler
12-24-2008, 12:51 PM
There are no masters in congress.
Only lapdogs.

I think a good way to solve our problems with Congress would be to completely insulate them from outside interests.
Yeah, I mean lobbyist. Say what you want in defense of the system thats in place as far as lobbyist goes but its painfully obvious at this point that they control our elected officials.
Our Congressmen should never leave their states and districts. With technology today they could easily vote and face the wrath of their constituents from the comfort of their own districts.
They should never seek counsel from anyone outside the State they represent and no one from outside their State or not being a citizen of their state should be allowed conference with them.
If a lobby within a state wishing to seek counsel with our elected is formed such counsels meetings and all discussions both in person and electronically should be monitored completely and fully disclosed to the public.
If outside interests have no access except to the congressmen of their own states they will have little effect in their votes or in inserting garbage into the bills they vote upon.

cheapseats
12-24-2008, 01:10 PM
There are no masters in congress.
Only lapdogs.

I think a good way to solve our problems with Congress would be to completely insulate them from outside interests.
Yeah, I mean lobbyist. Say what you want in defense of the system thats in place as far as lobbyist goes but its painfully obvious at this point that they control our elected officials.
Our Congressmen should never leave their states and districts. With technology today they could easily vote and face the wrath of their constituents from the comfort of their own districts.
They should never seek counsel from anyone outside the State they represent and no one from outside their State or not being a citizen of their state should be allowed conference with them.
If a lobby within a state wishing to seek counsel with our elected is formed such counsels meetings and all discussions both in person and electronically should be monitored completely and fully disclosed to the public.
If outside interests have no access except to the congressmen of their own states they will have little effect in their votes or in inserting garbage into the bills they vote upon.

I believe that Lobbying should be illegal, and that those who endeavor to engage in Lobbying should be prosecuted for attempting to influence public officials and public policy for selective gain.

I further believe that Politicos who accept bribes or perks to facilitate selective gain should be shot.

Dieseler
12-24-2008, 01:20 PM
I believe that Lobbying should be illegal, and that those who endeavor to engage in Lobbying should be prosecuted for attempting to influence public officials and public policy for selective gain.

I further believe that Politicos who accept bribes or perks to facilitate selective gain should be shot.

Aye, if they were confined to their home states and worked exclusively for the people of their home states with full disclosure on a daily basis of their activities we might have a chance in keeping them honest. There would be a lot less law making and a lot more real business would get done for the people.

Treason is what we are getting now, on a State to State basis and Federally.