PDA

View Full Version : The American Drug War – documentary

tangent4ronpaul
12-22-2008, 08:35 PM
It's being shown on Showtime and the DVD is for sale (Christmas special) at: http://americandrugwar.com

Once again I missed over half of this documentary, but I did take some notes that should make it clear why it's worth watching and should be as useful as America Freedom to Fascism to show people in promoting our cause.

The top 10 drug companies account for over 50% of all profits made by Fortune 500 Companies.

Rx pain meds are more addictive and harder to kick than heroin.

“California has a 2 Billion dollar deficit. If we legalized pot, we would save 1 Billion dollars a year from not having to pay for busting users and dealers, trying them and incarcerating them. Then we could make an additional 1.3 Billion dollars a year by taxing it.”
James Parey – California Judge

Probation never worked as well as regulation and control. Drug dealers don't card, liquor stores and bars do. That's why kids can get drugs more easily than beer. By legalizing pot, you effectively control kids getting access to it.

Holland – Organic drugs are tolerated. This made pot less cool, and as a result Holland has half the use per capita than the USA does. Also by making softer drugs available, some harder drugs didn't move in. Crack cocaine is not available in Holland.

LAPD dropped the “Safe City Initiative” (attempt to crack down on drug sales on the street) some years ago, and as a result violent crime in those areas went down 50%

Before I put down the next 3 quotes, I want to remind you that this is an anti-drug war documentary. The following quotes are all by Robert Steele. He previously headed a section of USMC Intelligence, served as a CIA Operations officer and went on to form a company called Open Source Solutions that has long advocated open source collection for much of the countries intelligence needs. He's also a rather prolific author and organizes yearly conferences.

“CIA has the highest rates of alcoholism, adultery, divorce and suicide of any government agency, wit the exception of the post office.”

“The US public should be much more concerned about 1st data corp than they should be about the CIA. They are the ones collecting all your personal information” - and went on to note, no regulation, oversight, etc. (then they sell it to the US Gvmt and corporations).

And this one is really going to blow your minds:

“The next step is going to have to be 80 million people getting organized and refusing to pay taxes.” (in order to either fire Congress or get them to behave).

Yeah – he really said that. Watch the documentary.

Interspersed with R. Steele's comments they talked about the Iran Contra smuggling and how the higher ups got promoted and ended up in the GW Bush Administration as well as talking briefly about the NSA wiretapping.

Excellent documentary! - Showtime seems to be showing it once a day or every other day. Try to catch it.

-t

ladyjade3
12-22-2008, 08:41 PM
wow. encouraging!

tropicangela
12-22-2008, 11:05 PM
It's at Netflix, added it to my queue.

fr33domfightr
12-23-2008, 03:41 AM
You can find this on youtube.

FF

tropicangela
12-23-2008, 09:17 AM
You can find this on youtube.

FF

Sure can - thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReY_vP-AJpw

12 parts

Chase
12-23-2008, 11:00 AM
This was done by Kevin Booth, lifelong friend of the late Bill Hicks, my favorite comedian ever.

Btw: great documentary

libertarian4321
12-23-2008, 03:36 PM
I think they still show it on Showtime occasionally- that's where I saw it. It'll probably be on at 3 am, though, so use your DVR.

Its a good documentary overall.

tangent4ronpaul
12-23-2008, 04:08 PM
Actually it's been on about prime time at least twice - 7-8ish, and was supposed to air today from about noon to 2 or something like that. It's not being pushed to the whee hours of the morning when there is almost no viewership. It's being given a spotlight!

-t