View Full Version : Obama-Mania by Larken Rose

Libertarian Ideals
12-22-2008, 06:22 PM
Obama-Mania
Larken Rose
November 1, 2008
http://www.rogershermansociety.org/obamamania.htm

And here is an excerpt to see if it's worth reading in full:

"The concept of collectivism is all about property and ownership, not only of material things, but also of human beings. In a nutshell, it is the idea that every individual, rather than belonging to himself, is the rightful property of the people as a whole -- the "collective." Whatever an individual creates, or whatever he receives in trade (such as getting paid for doing work) does not -- in the eyes of collectivists -- actually belong to that individual any more than it belongs to anyone else. The collectivists' view of property is summed up nicely in the line, "From each according to his ability, to each according to his need."

At first glance, it seems like a nice idea: everyone will be productive, and the less fortunate will get what they need. So why does it always seem to end up as death and destruction when put into practice? The answer is actually painfully simple and understandable, though you won't get it from the media or from academia (both of which are devout advocates of collectivism).

Suppose you come home from work at lunch time one day, and are craving an egg salad sandwich. Maybe you have your own chicken coop, or maybe you buy eggs from someone else. What you don't make yourself, you can get by trading the stuff that you get paid for doing the work you do. You then sit down in your kitchen, combine and process the ingredients, and voila: an egg salad sandwich. Just before you take a bite, your collectivist neighbor walks in.

"Hey, what's up?" asks the collectivist.
"I was just about to eat my sandwich," you respond.
"What do you mean YOUR sandwich?" he inquires.
"My sandwich. I just made it."
"Well, how hungry are you?"
"Pretty hungry," you answer, and try again to take a bite.
"Well, I'm sorry to break the news to you," Mr. Collectivist says, "but I'm extremely hungry, so it's actually MY sandwich." Continue ... (http://www.rogershermansociety.org/obamamania.htm)

Tatsit
12-22-2008, 07:11 PM
Obama stands at the edge of a balcony over looking the large mob of people who gathered to hear him speak.

In his speech Obama states " ...and we will have jobs for everyone!" The crowd cheers.
"...and we will shift wealth to everyone!" again the crowd cheers.
"...and we will have free health care!" The crowd roars! "Anyone have any questions?"

One man yells out "yeah... um why do we need jobs?"