PDA

View Full Version : Precinct Meetings?

Allen72289
12-22-2008, 04:45 PM
Hi guys, just wondering when the precinct meetings will be held and where, any good sources?

GunnyFreedom
02-24-2009, 09:48 AM
precinct meetings are all this week in Franklin County NC

nc4rp
03-05-2009, 09:17 AM
theres some convention in Asheville this Saturday March 7. ROn Paul peopl are making a showing. i got a call but still not sure whats up, im going and voting with teh Ron Paul people though whatever it is for heheh wooohoooo!!!!!

check this page,

i found this page http://www.ncgop11thdistrict.org/activities.html
11th District Republican Activities

MozoVote
03-05-2009, 02:43 PM
Realistically, I think our turnout will be down without Ron Paul as a headliner, travelling the country and making speeches. However, turnout of the tired Limbaugh-era party "base" is going to drop too... So I'm expecting that ratio of reformers to party regulars to be similar to last year. But hopefully we've learned more about the process, and will work smarter, and communicate better, before the state convention.

The economic mess could work to our advantage as well. It's the people who are pissed off and have something to say, who will be showing up. That should "enrich" the blocs of the party calling for reform.

nc4rp
03-05-2009, 03:26 PM
Realistically, I think our turnout will be down without Ron Paul as a headliner, travelling the country and making speeches. However, turnout of the tired Limbaugh-era party "base" is going to drop too... So I'm expecting that ratio of reformers to party regulars to be similar to last year. But hopefully we've learned more about the process, and will work smarter, and communicate better, before the state convention.

The economic mess could work to our advantage as well. It's the people who are pissed off and have something to say, who will be showing up. That should "enrich" the blocs of the party calling for reform.

many of those who laughed me off last year now look at me like they understand and respect what im doing now, i expect the old guard will likely respect us a little more too.

GunnyFreedom
03-06-2009, 02:57 AM
Absolutely. The very fact that we are back again this year will make the establishment a lot softer. The biggest fear from last year is that we'd participate in 2008, and then go away forever.

Another way to make the 'old guard' establishment amenable to us, is to actually attend your monthly county GOP meetings. This will grease more wheels than you can possibly know. Trust me, I know from firsthand experience. The Franklin County GOP establishment is solidly behind me in my bid for 2nd District Chair, and several of them are helping me directly.

slacker921
03-06-2009, 09:53 AM
If nothing else go and show up and let them know that they've lost you if they continue supporting the RINOs. They're still backing the same big government, war party candidates.. they're totally in denial.

I feel like we (the voters) gave the "old guard" the reigns for the last 10 years and did our duty showing up at the polls and voting... they took the reigns and hung the party. Last year I showed up and let them know I was observing, being patient, and being supportive. They show me now that they are incapable of admitting they've made a major mistake and are unwilling to change. That to me says it's no longer worth my time supporting them... .

I'll go to the precinct meeting tomorrow and probably to the state convention to support any efforts by conservatives to overcome the neoconservative stranglehold on the party... but after that I doubt I'll continue to support them.

GunnyFreedom
03-07-2009, 02:45 AM
If nothing else go and show up and let them know that they've lost you if they continue supporting the RINOs. They're still backing the same big government, war party candidates.. they're totally in denial.

I feel like we (the voters) gave the "old guard" the reigns for the last 10 years and did our duty showing up at the polls and voting... they took the reigns and hung the party. Last year I showed up and let them know I was observing, being patient, and being supportive. They show me now that they are incapable of admitting they've made a major mistake and are unwilling to change. That to me says it's no longer worth my time supporting them... .

I'll go to the precinct meeting tomorrow and probably to the state convention to support any efforts by conservatives to overcome the neoconservative stranglehold on the party... but after that I doubt I'll continue to support them.

We need you now more than ever! My goodness, North Carolina has one of the most active and prosperous C4L groups in the nation! We'll be making strides here faster than most of America, because we have a strong group of core support for our agenda within the GOP.

We already own Franklin County, will own Vance County in 12 days; will probably own Johnson County in 14 days, and may well own the whole 2nd District in 40 days.

If activists like you drop out, it will be that much more difficult for us to push our agenda!

Currently, we are pushing for Chad Adams as State GOP Chairman. Out of all the myriad issues we were able to throw at him, our only disagreement is that he thinks we need to keep foreign bases. An issue which is seriously irrelevant to a party chair.

We are making our way in the NC GOP in splendid fashion. I understand that your county may not be friendly, but please, PLEASE for the love of Pete don't let the establishment in ONE COUNTY dissuade you from helping us win the other 99!

MozoVote
03-07-2009, 09:57 AM
The organization in some counties is TERRIBLE. The NCGOP has even had to go back into some counties and reorganize them, when they failed to hold conventions. It would really change the state party, if we had organizers in some of these smaller counties where the GOP itself has no presence.

GunnyFreedom
03-07-2009, 03:48 PM
The organization in some counties is TERRIBLE. The NCGOP has even had to go back into some counties and reorganize them, when they failed to hold conventions. It would really change the state party, if we had organizers in some of these smaller counties where the GOP itself has no presence.

Hear Here! That means there are counties out there that are wide open for us to just pick up off the ground!

slacker921
03-07-2009, 04:02 PM
I went to my county convention today.. I'm a precinct vice chair now.. I'll go to the district and state conventions but after that? Depends on what happens at the state convention. The NC GOP is at a crossroads imho. Either they bury their head in the sand or they change.

Gunny -- along the lines of there being counties that are in shambles.... I'm pretty sure there were 12 counties at the state GOP convention who had NOBODY there representing them. That's 12% of the counties who had no representation.

Here's a gem I heard today that needs to be verified: If your county has slots for 200 delegates and only 10 show up at the district convention then the votes of those 10 count for all 200.

GunnyFreedom
03-08-2009, 12:18 AM
I went to my county convention today.. I'm a precinct vice chair now.. I'll go to the district and state conventions but after that? Depends on what happens at the state convention. The NC GOP is at a crossroads imho. Either they bury their head in the sand or they change.

Gunny -- along the lines of there being counties that are in shambles.... I'm pretty sure there were 12 counties at the state GOP convention who had NOBODY there representing them. That's 12% of the counties who had no representation.

Here's a gem I heard today that needs to be verified: If your county has slots for 200 delegates and only 10 show up at the district convention then the votes of those 10 count for all 200.

That's true, during odd numbered years the vote are weighted, but during even numbered years they are not. Lord only knows why this is so, I sure don't. But that's what we have. :confused:

MozoVote
03-08-2009, 07:23 AM
I think the historical roots of the party were probably suspicious of the urban centers. This rule gives the smaller county chairmen more power during the odd years which are more organizational in nature. If the only person for a county that shows up is the chairman, then 100% of the votes go the chairman's way.

MozoVote
03-14-2009, 01:10 PM
Mecklenburg County had it's convention today. Unfortunately, in a petty move, the Resolutions Committee did not approve the State Sovereignty resolution which Buncombe County has passed. The submitters decided to avoid a floor fight. It would have required a 2/3 vote to get the resolution under consideration from the floor, and it probably would have just annoyed the remaining attendees who were getting hungry for lunch by that time.

We also held an election for County chairman. There was no true Reform/Constitutional/CFL candidate, but the various unsatisfied factions did back a party regular (Chris Emmanuel) who was open minded about accepting new voices into the party structure. However, we could not overcome a hastily arranged united slate of 3 former candidates plus the party vice chair and secretary, and Chris lost 30% to 70%.

GunnyFreedom
03-14-2009, 01:16 PM
Mecklenburg County had it's convention today. Unfortunately, in a petty move, the Resolutions Committee did not approve the State Sovereignty resolution which Buncombe County has passed. The submitters decided to avoid a floor fight. It would have required a 2/3 vote to get the resolution under consideration from the floor, and it probably would have just annoyed the remaining attendees who were getting hungry for lunch by that time.

We also held an election for County chairman. There was no true Reform/Constitutional/CFL candidate, but the various unsatisfied factions did back a party regular (Chris Emmanuel) who was open minded about accepting new voices into the party structure. However, we could not overcome a hastily arranged united slate of 3 former candidates plus the party vice chair and secretary, and Chris lost 30% to 70%.

I am sorry this did not go well. I really wish there were not so many of us RP people who have given into the apathy again and refused to participate. :(

Fortunately, you have something like 11 counties in your district, and we will possibly fare better in many of them.

Franklin County's convention is March 20th, and i have no doubt that bot the sovereignty resolution and the 2nd Amendment resolution will pass. i am also submitting to District, and we will have it at State likewise.