PDA

View Full Version : What Ron Paul S.H.O.U.L.D Have Done

Thom1776
09-11-2007, 12:22 AM
The very first time "Billowing Reilly" interrupted him, Ron should have said: "Mr. O'Reilly, I am familiar with your style and I had serious reservations about appearing with you. I know that we will not be able to achieve anything constructive, so this interview is over. I have more important things to do."

Then he unclips his mike, gets up and leaves.

DjLoTi
09-11-2007, 12:24 AM
I think it really went fine. If Ron would have done that, it would be totally disrespectful. Why is everyone really so upset about this interview? Bill just asked some questions that wern't even really that loaded, and Dr answered them nicely.

FrankRep
09-11-2007, 12:25 AM
I like the way Ron Paul handled O'Reilly. Calm and Cool.

I'm proud of Ron.

Mitt Romneys sideburns
09-11-2007, 12:25 AM
Like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0LXv6IZi8I

This is about the time I stopped listening to his show.

Ron Paul Fan
09-11-2007, 12:28 AM
And be called a cut and runner and don't get invited on the show again? I think Dr. Paul is big enough to defend himself. He doesn't need to run away and hide when big bad Bill O'Reilly is yelling at him. I thought he handled it well by being reasonable and calm. The worst thing he could have done was left the interview.

FrankRep
09-11-2007, 12:28 AM
If anything Bill O'Reilly made Ron Paul known to the public. The people know the interview was unfair.

They ask, Who is Ron Paul?

People Google Ron Paul.

We give the people this video.

A Real Interview with Ron Paul :: Google
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCM_wQy4YVg

Marc Scott Emery
09-11-2007, 12:32 AM
ego and entertainment and ideology is what Fox is, but Dr. Paul has to swim in the same water we all do, as it were, and compete on anyone's turf, and O'Reilly's rules are the rules, so President Paul has to take all opportunities in the mass media he is afforded.

President Paul was fine. Walking off the set is bad manners. Many of O'Reilly's viewers are people who dislike O'Reilly and would enjoy seeing someone hold their own against O's hectoring. A bully seldom looks good against a sincere elderly gentleman.

Hook
09-11-2007, 12:42 AM
Too bad Ron doesn't have a few Billion in the bank so he could just bypass Bill by purchasing every commercial slot in his show for 6 months straight. And then never show up on his show.

FrankRep
09-11-2007, 12:45 AM
Too bad Ron doesn't have a few Billion in the bank so he could just bypass Bill by purchasing every commercial slot in his show for 6 months straight. And then never show up on his show.

Just Remember:

The Internet will kill Television. We are the new Mass Media.

ClockwiseSpark
09-11-2007, 01:04 AM
Just Remember:

The Internet will kill Television. We are the new Mass Media.

Awesome.

ctb619
09-11-2007, 01:05 AM
what does the acronym mean?

theseus51
09-11-2007, 01:06 AM
If he left abruptly, he would have a much harder time getting interviews in the future.

FrankRep
09-11-2007, 01:07 AM
If he left abruptly, he would have a much harder time getting interviews in the future.

Ron Paul humbled himself and took the abuse. He gains my respect and my vote.
This is the type of leader we need.

fj45lvr
09-11-2007, 01:10 AM
Don't you just love bill's logic about "surrogates"???

GEE I wonder whether he would call giving a bunch of money and stinger missiles to Islamists a "surrogate" attack force against the "evil empire"???

Everything is bad unless we do it....welcome to the jungle baby.

Tuck
09-11-2007, 01:13 AM
I wish he would have brought up how we were able to deal with N. Korea's nukes without talking about bombing them or setting up military bases along their border. It wasn't the quick and easy solution but neither is war, and in the end we didn't waste hundreds of billions of dollars and put any lives at risk.

Mitt Romneys sideburns
09-11-2007, 01:14 AM
I wish he would have brought up how we were able to deal with N. Korea's nukes without talking about bombing them or setting up military bases along their border. It wasn't the quick and easy solution but neither is war, and in the end we didn't waste hundreds of billions of dollars and put any lives at risk.

We actually cut and ran and appeased N. Korea. So much for all that "honor" Applebee's was talking about in the last debate.

Chester Copperpot
09-11-2007, 01:16 AM
I like the way Ron Paul handled O'Reilly. Calm and Cool.

I'm proud of Ron.

Yes it will make the analytical neocon (im sure theres gotta be 25k-50k of them out of an audience of 2 million) research him and check him out online

trispear
09-11-2007, 03:03 AM
Bill is so boring and predictable to watch - his interviews/debates are worthless.

I might be conservative, but Jon Stewart exemplies how one should interview and debate. He has interesting people on (much less actors and actresses than a typical show and more authors and the like) and doesn't talk over them or redirect the interview into less interesting crap.

I don't know how people can watch Bill O - it's basically his ego overcrowding everything. At least Colbert is funny doing it.