PDA

View Full Version : Save the Philadelphia Rally!!!! IMPORTANT! SIGN THIS PETITION!!!

Pages : [1] 2

Sematary
09-11-2007, 12:20 AM
As you know, Andy and I have been working very hard to get the rally in Philadelphia going on November 10th. What you probably don't know is that Amanda Lee, who I have been in contact with, sent me the contact info for the the main Philly meetup organizer. I thought this was going to be a good thing. It turns out I was incorrect. The Philly organizer apparently has his own agenda and is allowing his ego to get in the way of supporting the candidacy of Ron Paul. All I can say at this time is that there is a major rift occurring in the Greater Philly Meetup group and that the organizer of this group will not back the Rally on November 10, 2007 as he was not "consulted" ahead of time and therefore feels put out by the whole thing. He has announced plans for his OWN rally on the philly meetup message boards. It is his immaturity and ego which have caused this to happen and since he has the ear of the campaign (It was Amanda who gave me his contact info), he can effectively KILL the Philadelphia rally due to his bruised ego. To counteract this obvious childish political ploy, I have created a petition which I expect each and everyone on this board to sign and pass along to their respective groups to sign. With enough signatures, we can nullify this egomaniac whose only purpose, apparently, is to stroke his own ego.

Here is a message sent to Andy from one of this egomaniacs own assistant organizers to show you where the Philly group stands at this point:

I heard George Feeser is being rude to you, and honestly that makes me sick, because I know of the time and effort spent on your part to make a memorable event here in Philadelphia, and very much respect you for it. We are working as Asst. Organizers (though, I was kicked off of that aspect, due to a personal vendetta on George's part) to make sure the event is on November 10th. Bill, Mehul, Jay Parker, and I all will have it no other way. So hang tight, and ignore George's bullshit, and we will do our best, within our means (since George is supreme ruler and all) to make sure we get this back into control, and to actually have say in our own group. It has honestly been hijacked by George, and it is pissing off a lot of people. Jay Parker and I just want you to know that we are on your side and doing our best.

So....

IF you want to see the Philadelphia rally occur - sign this petition:
http://www.petitiononline.com/Phrally/petition.html
We need THOUSANDS of signatures and we need them now!

Here is how it reads:

To: Ron Paul Campaign

We, the grassroots supporters of Ron Paul, hereby petition the Ron Paul campaign to commit Ron Paul to an appearance on November 10, 2007 at Independence Mall in Philadelphia. In the pursuit of freedom for All Americans, we support Ron Paul who carries the message of freedom and liberty to all corners of the United States with the intended purpose of returning the government of the United States to the people of the United States.

The purpose for this petition is two-fold.

First, this Rally will be an incredible event enabling thousands of supporters to hear Ron Paul speak in a venue of historical significance which symbolizes the freedoms and liberties which this campaign embodies.

Secondly, the rally will serve as a notice to the Main Stream Media that the support for Ron Paul goes well beyond the internet and that they can no longer ignore his candidacy or his supporters.

By signing this petition, I am asking the campaign of Ron Paul to give consideration to the grassroots, which is, in many ways, responsible for the position the campaign now holds in the presidential race. We, the undersigned, respectfully request that on November 10, 2007 Ron Paul speak to his supporters and rally the troops for the impending primary elections.

Sincerely,

The Undersigned

Admin - please sticky this thread!!!

JosephTheLibertarian
09-11-2007, 12:25 AM
what a pathetic cum rag

His ego really doesn't matter.

McDermit
09-11-2007, 12:31 AM
Signed.

He's been sucked in by the Coalition crew. I've bitched about him on here before, along with an organizer from another PA group. It's becoming more and more obvious that not everyone has RP's best interests in mind..

JosephTheLibertarian
09-11-2007, 12:31 AM
Signed.

He's been sucked in by the Coalition crew. I've bitched about him on here before, along with an organizer from another PA group. It's becoming more and more obvious that not everyone has RP's best interests in mind..

coalition crew?

JosephTheLibertarian
09-11-2007, 12:32 AM
signed

Sematary
09-11-2007, 12:33 AM
Signed.

The only interest this asshat has is his own. He needs to be smacked down and if it comes to it - I will post his email and cell phone info so that he can be smacked down by the grassroots he pretends to be a part of.

McDermit
09-11-2007, 12:35 AM
coalition crew?

"Paul for President Coalition"

JosephTheLibertarian
09-11-2007, 12:36 AM
The only interest this asshat has is his own. He needs to be smacked down and if it comes to it - I will post his email and cell phone info so that he can be smacked down by the grassroots he pretends to be a part of.

what is his agenda?

ctb619
09-11-2007, 12:37 AM
Not to take sides here, because I know nothing of the situation other than what you have posted, but why not defuse the whole thing and just throw your efforts behind his rally?

Sematary
09-11-2007, 12:42 AM
what is his agenda?

He was put out by the fact that we didn't contact him FIRST before starting this thing and now is pissed off at his co-organizers, and us, for "ignoring" him. The fact that he was out of the country at the time and wasn't even around when his meetup won the competition has nothing to do with anything. His goal is to be the hero - the guy who got it done. That is his agenda. Plain and simple. His co-organizers are planning to leave him high and dry if he won't cooperate as they WANT this rally, and he doesn't because he can't take credit for it - even though we told him he could take all the credit he wants.

Sematary
09-11-2007, 12:43 AM
Not to take sides here, because I know nothing of the situation other than what you have posted, but why not defuse the whole thing and just throw your efforts behind his rally?

Because

A. He has no plan
B. He doesn't have the support of his meetup
C. Because he wants to do it INDOORS, where no one will notice.

Edit:

Also - because we already paid for the venue
and -because we already collected a thousand dollars from this boards members to pay for the event insurance
Finally - because what we want to do will have an impact FOR the campaign.

Sematary
09-11-2007, 12:44 AM
Keep that petition growing. We are only at 11 so far! I figure 5000 will get their attention.

Lord Xar
09-11-2007, 12:44 AM
Have you tried a sitdown with him?

Perhaps you could use him as a 'consultant' thus relieving any issues of bruised ego. I mean, we all know how hard you have been working on this and if you have the "asst organizers" behind you, it doesn't make sent that one man is gonna ruin it for you... does it?

I would try a sit down and be cordial and nice and ask why he would hold an 'alternate' rally when you already have one going? You might also ask why he is allowing your 'taking initiative' would somehow cause him to cause issue to effectually cancel the rally. In other words, why does he feel he needs to destroy your 'plan' if he had Ron Paul's best interest at heart?

I know many times if you just sit and talk to someone you can work things out. I would for sure go that route first.

Lord Xar
09-11-2007, 12:45 AM
well, if worse comes to worse.. if all the asst's are with you, have a vote? Would he go against a majority vote?

ctb619
09-11-2007, 12:47 AM
Because

A. He has no plan
B. He doesn't have the support of his meetup
C. Because he wants to do it INDOORS, where no one will notice.

Edit:

Also - because we already paid for the venue
and -because we already collected a thousand dollars from this boards members to pay for the event insurance
Finally - because what we want to do will have an impact FOR the campaign.

fair enough....I'll sign the petition

Sematary
09-11-2007, 12:47 AM
well, if worse comes to worse.. if all the asst's are with you, have a vote? Would he go against a majority vote?

yes, he would. They already had a meeting and he told them he won't go along with them, or us. He feels slighted and is only thinking of himself at this point.
The assistants are planning to break off and take all his members with them if he won't capitulate but he still has the ear of the campaign.

ctb619
09-11-2007, 12:49 AM
yes, he would. They already had a meeting and he told them he won't go along with them, or us. He feels slighted and is only thinking of himself at this point.
The assistants are planning to break off and take all his members with them if he won't capitulate but he still has the ear of the campaign.

Seems that someone from the campaign needs to step in and smooth things over - this kind of fracturing is completely unnecessary.

Lord Xar
09-11-2007, 12:50 AM
well, let me ask you something semetary... does he 'really' have the ear of the campaign anymore so than any other leader of a meetup?

If the meetup was to splinter and you took the lions share of members THEN YOU would have the campaigns ear. Also, why don't you do this.. get three-way on a phone conversation.. tell HQ you have support of all asst. organizers and if he raises a fuss, it would obviously be to foil you -- and that would look very back with HQ on the phone.. also, if he capitulates on the phone, then all is settled.. great.

DjLoTi
09-11-2007, 12:51 AM
Wow, that's got to be frustrating. People like that are really frustrating. I hope everything works out.

McDermit
09-11-2007, 12:52 AM
He wants everything to be top-down, just the way the coalition says it should be.

Based on the messageboard, it looks like everyone posting agrees that it should be Nov 10th at Inde Mall. He's saying the campaign told him it has to be indoors due to the weather, but that makes NO sense. As others pointed out, if supporters are willing to stand in the rain while RP isn't even present, surely they can stand a Philly November afternoon.

If it's held indoors, it kind of defeats the entire point.

skiingff
09-11-2007, 12:53 AM
Have you tried a sitdown with him?

Perhaps you could use him as a 'consultant' thus relieving any issues of bruised ego. I mean, we all know how hard you have been working on this and if you have the "asst organizers" behind you, it doesn't make sent that one man is gonna ruin it for you... does it?

I would try a sit down and be cordial and nice and ask why he would hold an 'alternate' rally when you already have one going? You might also ask why he is allowing your 'taking initiative' would somehow cause him to cause issue to effectually cancel the rally. In other words, why does he feel he needs to destroy your 'plan' if he had Ron Paul's best interest at heart?

I know many times if you just sit and talk to someone you can work things out. I would for sure go that route first.

I 2nd this. WORK THINGS OUT!!! You won't believe what talking it out can do. Seriously. I'm not trying to be an asshat, I waited to respond to this thread so I could research this issue, and it seems from the Greater Phili Message Board that everyone's content with the Veterans Day date, (and how appropriate being that Ron Paul is a veteran)...

Andy wrote the following:

Well, I have the lawn at Independence Mall at 6th and Market reserved for Sat. November 10. The permit has been approved by the Park Service. It holds 5,000, but if there is inclimate weather and the crowd is smaller it will still look big.

The event liability insurance policy has been issued and the monies to pay for it have been raised.

I have a website to market the event almost complete and the sound/stage/lighting gentleman who did the Pittsburgh rally and is a RP supporter is itching to get working with the Park Service people on specs. We have already confirmed the electricity requirements to include a 24X24 projection screen to show speakers and select YouTubes. The website has a donation section to raise funds for the stage. $1,000 was raised in 24 hours on ronpaulforums.com for the insurance, so I see no problem raising funds for the stage/lighting, plus I have access to deep pockets.

George and the Assistant Organizers are aware of this. I have told George I have no problem rolling this up under the Greater Philly MeetUp umbrella as Bob Larkin and I who got this rolling can't do this all on our own and have no problem working as part of the Greater Philly MeetUp. My hope is we can all work together to make this happen, assuming this date makes sense, but I have kind of been left in the dark the past few days.

It seems there is pretty much a consensus on the Veterans Day date... I think the Organizer will have to settle for it... he's probably just seeing things from a different POV, thats why you two need to talk. When DjLoTi got mad at me for not getting back to him, we talked on the phone like men and now we're some best friends, get along great.

So please, don't further divide things... It seems as if your original date is the only option being considered, even if the Organizer wants to say otherwise to piss you off. Like you mentioned, I saw AT LEAST 2 organizers clearly stated they will have it no other way. He's probably just trying to make a point, let him be

Spirit of '76
09-11-2007, 12:55 AM
"Paul for President Coalition"

aka. The Clifton Coalition

Welcome to the party.

Spirit of '76
09-11-2007, 12:55 AM
Signed.

Sematary
09-11-2007, 12:56 AM
well, let me ask you something semetary... does he 'really' have the ear of the campaign anymore so than any other leader of a meetup?

If the meetup was to splinter and you took the lions share of members THEN YOU would have the campaigns ear. Also, why don't you do this.. get three-way on a phone conversation.. tell HQ you have support of all asst. organizers and if he raises a fuss, it would obviously be to foil you -- and that would look very back with HQ on the phone.. also, if he capitulates on the phone, then all is settled.. great.

We are working on a variety of solutions right now. Yes, he DOES have the ear of the campaign, as it was the campaign that referred me to him. They obviously wanted me to get in touch with him. I have spoken to him. Andy has spoken to him. His assistants have spoken to him - to no avail. It is all about him at this point and his assistants have had enough.

Sematary
09-11-2007, 12:56 AM
He wants everything to be top-down, just the way the coalition says it should be.

Based on the messageboard, it looks like everyone posting agrees that it should be Nov 10th at Inde Mall. He's saying the campaign told him it has to be indoors due to the weather, but that makes NO sense. As others pointed out, if supporters are willing to stand in the rain while RP isn't even present, surely they can stand a Philly November afternoon.

That's what I see as well.

Sematary
09-11-2007, 12:58 AM
I 2nd this. WORK THINGS OUT!!! You won't believe what talking it out can do. Seriously. I'm not trying to be an asshat, I waited to respond to this thread so I could research this issue, and it seems from the Greater Phili Message Board that everyone's content with the Veterans Day date, (and how appropriate being that Ron Paul is a veteran)...

Andy wrote the following:

It seems there is pretty much a consensus on the Veterans Day date... I think the Organizer will have to settle for it... he's probably just seeing things from a different POV, thats why you two need to talk. When DjLoTi got mad at me for not getting back to him, we talked on the phone like men and now we're some best friends, get along great.

So please, don't further divide things... It seems as if your original date is the only option being considered, even if the Organizer wants to say otherwise to piss you off. Like you mentioned, I saw AT LEAST 2 organizers clearly stated they will have it no other way. He's probably just trying to make a point, let him be

The petition is simply another tool to get this done. I would LOVE for George to be amenable and work things out but what he's posting on the messageboard and what his assistants are telling us are two completely different things.

quickmike
09-11-2007, 12:59 AM
I deal with people all the time in my business that im supposed to "coordinate" with, and sometimes things are moving so fast you dont have time to. Sometimes a person might get overlooked on his input for a number of reasons. Hey, it happens. Sometimes its best to just apologize, even though it might not be your fault in the first place. Just tell him that everyone just got excited about the whole thing and being a Ron Paul supporter, he should understand this. If he still acts like a little school girl about it, I would say screw him and explain to him that this is more important than his personal glory or anyone elses involved. First I would try to work things out with him though. If he feels his input is more important than all the time and money already invested in this effort, I would say he has his priorities all screwed up and the rest of you would be better off without him in the first place.

Just my opinion.

Sematary
09-11-2007, 01:02 AM
I deal with people all the time in my business that im supposed to "coordinate" with, and sometimes things are moving so fast you dont have time to. Sometimes a person might get overlooked on his input for a number of reasons. Hey, it happens. Sometimes its best to just apologize, even though it might not be your fault in the first place. Just tell him that everyone just got excited about the whole thing and being a Ron Paul supporter, he should understand this. If he still acts like a little school girl about it, I would say screw him and explain to him that this is more important than his personal glory or anyone elses involved. First I would try to work things out with him though. If he feels his input is more important than all the time and money already invested in this effort, I would say he has his priorities all screwed up and the rest of you would be better off without him in the first place.

Just my opinion.

All this has been done. This has been brewing for the last week. We have tried, in conjunction with his assistants, to garner his support - to no avail. We are now at this point.

Spirit of '76
09-11-2007, 01:04 AM
All this has been done. This has been brewing for the last week. We have tried, in conjunction with his assistants, to garner his support - to no avail. We are now at this point.

These guys want complete control over the campaign, from top to bottom.

They're determined to wreck the Freedom Train.

Spirit of '76
09-11-2007, 01:05 AM
Yes, he DOES have the ear of the campaign, as it was the campaign that referred me to him. They obviously wanted me to get in touch with him.

That's because the Clifton Coalition organizers in New York persuaded their meetups to combine with his for the meetup competition. All the campaign knows about this guy is that it appears that his meetup raised lots of money, but in fact it came from a variety of different meetups and simply got funneled through Philly.

Sematary
09-11-2007, 01:06 AM

If you read this thread on the message boards for the Greater Philly meetup, you will see that George is attempting to assume complete control of the rally, despite the fact that he has had zero involvement with it to this point. http://ronpaul.meetup.com/25/messages/boards/view/viewthread?thread=3504627
We offered to let him take all the credit he wanted, and control - as long as the rally happened, and we were spurned. How much more could we possibly do? We aren't in it for the glory - unless it's for the glory of the campaign.

Chester Copperpot
09-11-2007, 01:07 AM

Thats what happened in NYC... Sem, just start your own philly meetup and 99% will follow you

quickmike
09-11-2007, 01:07 AM

I would say carry on without him then, especially since there has already been money invested. Cant just let that all go to waste. Not to mention all the time and effort put in. Things like this happen and the best you can hope for is that most people will see his ego problem as the main issue and support what you are doing. That pretty much leaves him powerless to stop anything from happening without him, even if he has contact with the campaign.

Sounds like a nice little mess you guys got yourselves into though. LOL

Hope it works out.

hard@work
09-11-2007, 01:08 AM

That can't work. The most they can do is suggest and set examples to follow (i.e. we're sponsoring this or that). Otherwise it's a faux PAC or an attempt at centralized campaigning which we already have?

Have they hit the west coast?

Chester Copperpot
09-11-2007, 01:09 AM
Signed.

Sematary
09-11-2007, 01:09 AM
I would say carry on without him then, especially since there has already been money invested. Cant just let that all go to waste. Not to mention all the time and effort put in. Things like this happen and the best you can hope for is that most people will see his ego problem as the main issue and support what you are doing. That pretty much leaves him powerless to stop anything from happening without him, even if he has contact with the campaign.

Sounds like a nice little mess you guys got yourselves into though. LOL

Hope it works out.

Well, this petition is one of the ways we intend to work around his support. So please, sign the petition.

hard@work
09-11-2007, 01:10 AM
Thats what happened in NYC... Sem, just start your own philly meetup and 99% will follow you

Democracy dictates a vote sir. I agree with this 100% if the meetup is behind you.

Thom1776
09-11-2007, 01:10 AM
Mr. Feeser: This is not "your" project, it is the People's project. So instead of being a whiny little brat, and throwing a hissy fit because it wasn't "your" idea; why don't you do something constructive, like seeing what you can do to help the people who organized it.

Spirit of '76
09-11-2007, 01:11 AM
That can't work. The most they can do is suggest and set examples to follow (i.e. we're sponsoring this or that). Otherwise it's a faux PAC or an attempt at centralized campaigning which we already have?

That's where a bunch of the confusion about Anita Andrews came from. For a while, all the secrecy surrounding what she is doing made a lot of us think that she might be connected with these guys.

Have they hit the west coast?

I hope not.

Spirit of '76
09-11-2007, 01:12 AM
If you read this thread on the message boards for the Greater Philly meetup, you will see that George is attempting to assume complete control of the rally, despite the fact that he has had zero involvement with it to this point. http://ronpaul.meetup.com/25/messages/boards/view/viewthread?thread=3504627

Private Group
This is a private Meetup Group and its content is only available to members.

:rolleyes:

Chester Copperpot
09-11-2007, 01:12 AM
Democracy dictates a vote sir. I agree with this 100% if the meetup is behind you.

These guys try and dominate here in New Jersey too.. It aint gonna happen.. They try to put their own meetup groups in counties that already have meetup groups and stuff... Im all for them if they want to work the RP campaign fromwithin the Republican party framework... Thatll be just another angle of attn for Ron Paul.. But now this is the 2nd strike against these guys that show they are not for Ron Pauls best interests... I hope there isnt a 3rd.

Spirit of '76
09-11-2007, 01:13 AM

I second that motion.

quickmike
09-11-2007, 01:13 AM
signed

Spirit of '76
09-11-2007, 01:15 AM
Look at the welcome page of his meetup group. What's the very first sentence in the introduction?

It's not anything about Ron Paul. It's not anything about Liberty.

No, it simply says, "Organized by George Feeser."

:rolleyes:

hard@work
09-11-2007, 01:16 AM
Wait - so instead of respectfully getting in touch with the actual meetup leaders they are trying to subvert the groups so they can control them? Is that what I'm seeing?

Sematary
09-11-2007, 01:17 AM
Wait - so instead of respectfully getting in touch with the actual meetup leaders they are trying to subvert the groups so they can control them? Is that what I'm seeing?

Can you restate the question? I don't get what you're getting at.

Spirit of '76
09-11-2007, 01:18 AM

They start new meetup groups in areas with existing meetup groups, then give themselves official sounding titles within the hierarchy they have created in order to impress people who don't know any better. For a while, they were basically trying to pass themselves off as campaign officials, but too many people have called them on it.

Chester Copperpot
09-11-2007, 01:19 AM

they try to 'appoint' state and county meetup coordinators by brainwashing (its the best term I can use) the meetup group leader... BUt that doesnt work in NJ because everybody threw them out so they simply setup their own meetup groups in the same places where there already are groups... Theres usually only several members in their groups.. They usually go for the gay or "open-minded freedom loving teen" member..

So most regular people will avoid their groups and go with the mainstream meetups... Imagine that.. Ron Paul mainstream. ahhha

McDermit
09-11-2007, 01:19 AM

Well, they seem to attempt to get the leaders to join the coalition first. If that fails, they create their own group.

hard@work
09-11-2007, 01:20 AM
What is their agenda? Wait wait ... no realllly what's the agenda?

Spirit of '76
They usually go for the gay or "open-minded freedom loving teen" member..

Yeah, I was wondering if this Feeser guy is one of Tom Steven's boytoys.

american.swan
If 'you' can prove that you have all the support of the people and assistants to get this done, then I vote for starting your own meet-up. Is it possible for people to get out of the old meet-up? Like make it say "0" members? The campaign isn't going to keep in touch with a dude in charge of "almost no one".

Tell the campaign your contact information, tell them what your in charge of. Tell the campaign that Ron Paul is invited to speak at the event and just go for it. I think the campaign is going to keep in contact with you.

Spirit of '76
09-11-2007, 01:21 AM
What is their agenda?

Nobody knows. No questions allowed.

Submit or be shunned.

Sematary
More signatures, please!

Sematary
If 'you' can prove that you have all the support of the people and assistants to get this done, then I vote for starting your own meet-up. Is it possible for people to get out of the old meet-up? Like make it say "0" members? The campaign isn't going to keep in touch with a dude in charge of "almost no one".

Tell the campaign your contact information, tell them what your in charge of. Tell the campaign that Ron Paul is invited to speak at the event and just go for it. I think the campaign is going to keep in contact with you.

I'm sure they will, but we still need the signatures.

Chester Copperpot
09-11-2007, 01:22 AM
What is their agenda?

Officially, it is to promote Ron Paul within the Republican party.. Going to weekly GOP meetings, etc..

But they seem to be real good at discouraging grass roots, sign wavings, etc.. just having meetings inside to talk about plans, but then never go out and do anything.. so your guess is as good as mine.

Avery Knapp from NYC meetup can clue you in on these guys. They tried breaking up the meet up group.. so Avery had to start his own and 99% of the people followed him.

Chester Copperpot
09-11-2007, 01:22 AM
Yeah, I was wondering if this Feeser guy is one of Tom Steven's boytoys.

Well I thought he used to look odd in that picture with the orange jumpsuit

Spirit of '76
09-11-2007, 01:25 AM
Just ask yourself:

Why on earth would they want to tank a rally that has already gotten lots of support, has already booked a location, has already procured event insurance...

Why?

hard@work
09-11-2007, 01:26 AM

Submit or be shunned.

Nice. I'm very glad I'm getting involved with my meetup finally this week then!

:)

McDermit
09-11-2007, 01:26 AM
Well I thought he used to look odd in that picture with the orange jumpsuit

lol :D

Chester Copperpot
09-11-2007, 01:27 AM
Just ask yourself:

Why on earth would they want to tank a rally that has already gotten lots of support, has already booked a location, has already procured event insurance...

Why?

Yeah totally.. Ron Paul coming to town.. Why would anybody want to fuck with that....Im ready to tar and feather these guys

Chester Copperpot
09-11-2007, 01:28 AM
Yeah totally.. Ron Paul coming to town.. Why would anybody want to fuck with that....Im ready to tar and feather these guys

Its almost like these guys are TRYING to stir up some kind of ball of shit so they can cry foul to the media or some shit like they did with Ross Perot...

The best thing is do what they do.. Start another meetup right on top of whereever they are and have all their members leave..

The people WANT to support Ron Paul... not the coalition

McDermit
09-11-2007, 01:28 AM
Sem, I'd push for Jay, Gavin, Bill and the rest to start their own meetup. They're doing a TON for this campaign, and all the members know that. Heck, everyone would follow Jay just for the workshop!

Personally, I'd be all too happy to see George left in the dust. I'm in Philly maybe 3 times a month, and when I'm there, I like to get stuff accomplished. But Feeser has bitched at me twice for trying to organize spur-of-the-moment events without consulting him first. Once he even blocked my email so that I got ZERO people to show up to help distribute flyers.

Spirit of '76
09-11-2007, 01:29 AM
This is all way too fishy.

This kind of stuff, coupled with the fact that they're headed up by a guy who was tried for soliciting an FBI agent to murder someone and is rumored to have ruined the Perot campaign...

quickmike
09-11-2007, 01:32 AM

Submit or be shunned.

I would never join something like that in the first place. sounds like a page from Hitler Youth.

Meetups are supposed to be about genuine grassroots, not some controlled, watered down, sterilized, Mitt Romney type thing.

Stuff like this could kill the grassroots support if its allowed to take hold. sounds just like centralized government to me, which we all know is a bad idea.

f--k em.

ctb619
09-11-2007, 01:32 AM
Sem, I'd push for Jay, Gavin, Bill and the rest to start their own meetup. They're doing a TON for this campaign, and all the members know that. Heck, everyone would follow Jay just for the workshop!

Personally, I'd be all too happy to see George left in the dust. I'm in Philly maybe 3 times a month, and when I'm there, I like to get stuff accomplished. But Feeser has bitched at me twice for trying to organize spur-of-the-moment events without consulting him first. Once he even blocked my email so that I got ZERO people to show up to help distribute flyers.

That guy seems like a complete scumbag.

Spirit of '76
09-11-2007, 01:34 AM
Stuff like this could kill the grassroots support if its allowed to take hold. sounds just like centralized government to me, which we all know is a bad idea.

That seems to be their agenda, from my perspective.

Endless closed-door meetings, with nothing ever getting done...

hard@work
09-11-2007, 01:36 AM

Well, none of you people let it happen.

:-D

Sematary
09-11-2007, 01:36 AM

So you know I'm bullshitting anyone. This guy is a class A dickhead who is in it for th power.

quickmike
09-11-2007, 01:39 AM

I say leave them NOW!!! dont wait another day........ just do it.

Have someone start another meetup who has alot of pull with you guys and let the chips fall where they may. Youll be better off by far if what youre saying is true about the closed door meetings and lack of action. Sounds like they are doing this on purpose. I wouldnt stand for it for even one more day.

Send a letter to the campaign telling them you are doing this. Make sure they understand you cannot be talked out of this because theres no time to waste.

mport1
09-11-2007, 01:39 AM
Signed.

mport1
09-11-2007, 01:41 AM
Anybody have more detailed information on what these guys are trying to do?

Sematary
09-11-2007, 01:41 AM
I say leave them NOW!!! dont wait another day........ just do it.

Have someone start another meetup who has alot of pull with you guys and let the chips fall where they may. Youll be better off by far if what youre saying is true about the closed door meetings and lack of action. Sounds like they are doing this on purpose. I wouldnt stand for it for even one more day.

Send a letter to the campaign telling them you are doing this. Make sure they understand you cannot be talked out of this because theres no time to waste.

Please help spread the word about this petition!

McDermit
09-11-2007, 01:44 AM

Don't forget the phone calls.

The fact that they started gay teen meetups is freaking mind blowing. A pedo rounding up gay teens and then attaching RP's name to the whole operation? :eek:

Sematary
09-11-2007, 01:46 AM
Don't forget the phone calls.

The fact that they started gay teen meetups is freaking mind blowing. A pedo rounding up gay teens and then attaching RP's name to the whole operation? :eek:

FOCUS!!! ;)
Forget them for now. We need to get this rally done!

Sematary
09-11-2007, 01:46 AM
We need THOUSANDS of signatures. Right now there are 32. Come on folks!
If you haven't signed - PLEASE DO!

quickmike
09-11-2007, 01:48 AM
Please help spread the word about this petition!

I wouldnt even worry about the petition. contact all the members you can and let them know whats going on and what you intend to do. If this guy is as big a dickhead as you guys say, you shouldnt have any problems getting them all to join you. If they only have a few people left, they wont have much pull anyway.

Maybe after he sees real grassroots support in action, and not just some petition that gives him time to counter it to his benefit, he might just be willing to listen.

You dont send the crazy captain of a ship a petition warning him that theres going to be mutiny. You just do it.

Dont give him time to react, trust me.

Chester Copperpot
09-11-2007, 01:49 AM
I wouldnt even worry about the petition. contact all the members you can and let them know whats going on and what you intend to do. If this guy is as big a dickhead as you guys say, you shouldnt have any problems getting them all to join you. If they only have a few people left, they wont have much pull anyway.

Maybe after he sees real grassroots support in action, and not just some petition that gives him time to counter it to his benefit, he might just be willing to listen.

You dont sent the crazy captain of a ship a petition warning him that theres going to be mutiny. You just do it.

Exactly my sentiments mike.

Get the members email addresses and just contact them individually.

McDermit
09-11-2007, 01:50 AM
FOCUS!!! ;)
Forget them for now. We need to get this rally done!

Haha. As long as the thread stays bumped, people will see it.

You'll probably get a better response in the morning. I sent the link out to my meetups, but most people are sleeping at 3:45AM. ;)

Sematary
09-11-2007, 01:52 AM
Haha. As long as the thread stays bumped, people will see it.

You'll probably get a better response in the morning. I sent the link out to my meetups, but most people are sleeping at 3:45AM. ;)

I know. I sent out messages to Austin, Spokan and Baghdad and posted on the Greater Philly meetup message boards as well as the global message board for Ron Paul meetups.

McDermit
09-11-2007, 01:52 AM

You dont send the crazy captain of a ship a petition warning him that theres going to be mutiny. You just do it.

Actually, not a bad idea. It appears that he's already "restructuring" his assistants. And I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Gavin was an asst a few days ago. He wasn't when I looked a few minutes ago though.

Sematary
09-11-2007, 01:53 AM

The petition is another tool. We need all the leverage we can muster. A petition signed by 5 or 10 thousand RP supporters should be MORE than enough to convince them!

Sematary
09-11-2007, 01:53 AM
Actually, not a bad idea. It appears that he's already "restructuring" his assistants. And I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Gavin was an asst a few days ago. He wasn't when I looked a few minutes ago though.

No, he "fired" a couple.

Spirit of '76
09-11-2007, 01:57 AM
Bob. Seriously, start your own meetup.

It sounds to me like people will flock to it if it means they can get out from under der Führer's thumb.

quickmike
09-11-2007, 01:59 AM
The petition is another tool. We need all the leverage we can muster. A petition signed by 5 or 10 thousand RP supporters should be MORE than enough to convince them!

yeah, just like all those petitions to the mainstream media have done so well in getting them to say "gee, you know what? You guys are right. we have been unfair to Ron Paul"

sounds to me like they have ulterior motives and all the signatures in the world wont change his mind. Sounds like a megalomaniac to me.

Its your thing though, so do whatever you want. Dont be suprised though when you get all those signatures and nothing happens.

Im just offering opinoins here, thats all.

PennCustom4RP
09-11-2007, 02:00 AM
Signed

skiingff
09-11-2007, 02:08 AM
All the talk about gay teen meetups and attempted murders and such is discouraging... who cares!?!? I'm not aware of the full story, I just NOW glanced thru some of the endless 'Anita Andrews and the Clifton Coalition' posts... jeez that thread keeps going, and going, like the Energizer Bunny. But the point is, some guy being convicted of something and he is allegedly a pedophile or something... I don't get it. First of all, a pedophile wouldn't like "teens" but that's not the point. I know there are some legitimate gay teen support groups out there, and being convicted of something that we don't know all the details of... I just find it hard to start judging everyone and calling them "boytoys" and "*****" just because they may be connected with a specific individual. Not cool. It really needs to be dropped. If you believe this Coalition or whatever the hell it is is bad for the Paul campaign, fine, make your points in a logical way as to why that is (too much bureaucracy, not enough action, competition with existing Meetup groups, etc). But DON'T resort to name-calling, ohhh this guy must be a *** and a pedophile and a murderer... that is frickin childish.

Again, all that crap has nothing to do with the point at hand -- the rally. Let's focus here. The issue is, how to keep moving forward with the rally date that's pretty much been set in stone, with or without this Meetup organizer guy? I say give it a few days, hell I will even call him tomorrow and start asking him questions about the rally and see what he says about it. I know I'm posting that publicly, but I don't care. I will call him tomorrow to see what he says to me about it (I'll just mention I heard something about a rally and wanted to know when, where, etc it will be held). We should give this guy the opportunity to chill out a bit, take a chill pill, and support the effort. THEN, if it still doesn't work, there will be a LEGITIMATE reason for you to start a new Phili Meetup and I will personally help e-mail everyone to tell them about it. That way, we can say we tried EVERYTHING but he just won't cooperate. Don't just say f*** it and start a new Meetup now, for the sake of stability, give it a day or 2 to settle itself out, then if that's a no-go, make a new Meetup and say f*** him.

skiingff
09-11-2007, 02:20 AM
P.S.
Signed the petition!

McDermit
09-11-2007, 02:45 AM
All the talk about gay teen meetups and attempted murders and such is discouraging... who cares!?!? I'm not aware of the full story, I just NOW glanced thru some of the endless 'Anita Andrews and the Clifton Coalition' posts... jeez that thread keeps going, and going, like the Energizer Bunny. But the point is, some guy being convicted of something and he is allegedly a pedophile or something... I don't get it. First of all, a pedophile wouldn't like "teens" but that's not the point. I know there are some legitimate gay teen support groups out there, and being convicted of something that we don't know all the details of... I just find it hard to start judging everyone and calling them "boytoys" and "*****" just because they may be connected with a specific individual. Not cool. It really needs to be dropped. If you believe this Coalition or whatever the hell it is is bad for the Paul campaign, fine, make your points in a logical way as to why that is (too much bureaucracy, not enough action, competition with existing Meetup groups, etc). But DON'T resort to name-calling, ohhh this guy must be a *** and a pedophile and a murderer... that is frickin childish.

Again, all that crap has nothing to do with the point at hand -- the rally. Let's focus here. The issue is, how to keep moving forward with the rally date that's pretty much been set in stone, with or without this Meetup organizer guy? I say give it a few days, hell I will even call him tomorrow and start asking him questions about the rally and see what he says about it. I know I'm posting that publicly, but I don't care. I will call him tomorrow to see what he says to me about it (I'll just mention I heard something about a rally and wanted to know when, where, etc it will be held). We should give this guy the opportunity to chill out a bit, take a chill pill, and support the effort. THEN, if it still doesn't work, there will be a LEGITIMATE reason for you to start a new Phili Meetup and I will personally help e-mail everyone to tell them about it. That way, we can say we tried EVERYTHING but he just won't cooperate. Don't just say f*** it and start a new Meetup now, for the sake of stability, give it a day or 2 to settle itself out, then if that's a no-go, make a new Meetup and say f*** him.
You started your post by stating that you aren't aware of the full story... so why comment in anyone's defense?

Did you read this thread? There already is a legitimate reason to start a new meetup. Sem said this has been going on for a week now. Feeser won't compromise. He's been trouble in the past. He's now "firing" assistant organizers who have been doing an AWESOME job and accomplishing tons. The dude needs to go.

I'm usually far from being an alarmist, but I certainly don't have a good feeling about this. The fact that he's part of the Coalition shouldn't be ignored. Do you REALLY want a pedophile and fucking hitman associated with Ron Paul's campaign? Nevermind that the coalition was allegedly involved in the implosion of the Ross Perot campaign. These people are NOT good for the campaign, and this is being proven once again in that the PA Leader of the Paul for President Coalition is trying to railroad this rally.

It's all ENTIRELY relevant. The campaign wants Feeser to work with Bob and Andy on this. The campaign is mistakenly putting their faith in Feeser and thus the Coalition as well. This is exactly what the coalition wants - control. HQ is handing it to them. This is the kind of thing that, if not brought to an immediate end, may very well bring the campaign to it's knees.

trispear
09-11-2007, 02:59 AM
Signed.

rajibo
09-11-2007, 03:13 AM
Maybe you should join this "committee" and make their life easy:

EVENT COORDINATING COMMITTEE

Meghan
Danny

Looking for more!

Please contact Meghan at dreamdesign@dreamdesign.cc to join this committee!

This committee is responsible for the planning, implementation, and coordination of the details for the rally.

http://ronpaul.meetup.com/25/messages/boards/view/viewthread?thread=3504627

I'm frankly bewildered by this whole thing. I thought winning the meetup competition would make the Philly rally a slam dunk. Anyway, I signed.

skiingff
09-11-2007, 03:17 AM
McDermit, some here ARE being alarmist.

Trying to turn this into "us" vs "him." Trying to mobilize people to be a part of "us" and dissociate with "him." It's ridiculous, and I'm sorry people (including 'him') feel the need to further divide things.

I know many people thrive on drama. Some people just can't get enough of it. However, this is not a fucking drama club. It's a unified grassroots effort to get Ron Paul elected President. We all need to chill out and give someone time to try to work things out. Hopefully with the petition and talking it out, there should be NO reason why this can't get settled.

The only thing causing a big stir and e-mailing everyone to switch groups would do is discourage new people from joining and discourage people from showing up at Meetups, because it would create hostility the way some of you are freaking out about this. Again, it would turn it into "that Meetup group" vs "this Meetup group," like it's some kind of fucking competition. How about using a little diplomacy?

The Ron Paul campaign is NOT about infighting. The Bush Administration is about infighting. So, PLEASE let a neutral party try to work things out... have you tried doing that? Having two people who have personality differences or whatever try to talk is pointless unless you can get a neutral party into the mix.

I firmly believe this can be worked out with peaceful measures like the petition and talking it out. I would be willing to be the "neutral party" that tries to negotiate with this guy.... or someone else can do it, all the same. But at least give me or another neutral person a chance. Don't go with this whole "us" vs. "them" bullshit, it will cause too much chaos and discourage everybody from the goal here... RON PAUL.

Please give it another day or two... and if things don't work out, go ahead and cause the rift. But please try to prevent a rift if at all possible.

walt
09-11-2007, 03:21 AM
dude it's a local rally, I don't need a new thread every day. Try posting this where it belongs in your meetup group. Thanks.

McDermit
09-11-2007, 04:20 AM
skiing, new groups don't create the problems you think they will. Avery did fine, and the group i created after too many horror stories with the county organizer is doing really well.

You're acting like you know what's going on here while you clearly don't. There is a problem. Take it from the assistant organizers and others who have worked with this guy in the past. There certainly is an "us" vs "him" here, and it's painfully obvious to those directly involved.

Giving this guy or the coalition any more power is not in the best interest of the campaign. This isn't just one little disagreement. It goes deeper than some people here care to admit.

And wait, it's not just a local event. It's a national effort that started on the forums that people around the country have donated to and are planning to attend. It has the potential to get ron Paul TONS of positive media coverage and will make rp a household name throughout Philly and the surrounding markets.

Nefertiti
09-11-2007, 04:25 AM

1000s of people turned out in Springfield, IL on Feb. 10 in 8 degree weather to hear Obama announce his candidacy. I doubt a few 30s will keep people away from this.

Nefertiti
09-11-2007, 04:29 AM
All I can say at this time is that there is a major rift occurring in the Greater Philly Meetup group and that the organizer of this group will not back the Rally on November 10, 2007 as he was not "consulted" ahead of time and therefore feels put out by the whole thing.

I'm going to have to double check names but when we FIRST started discussing Philly I went to the Philly Meetup group page and sent a message to the head of the group telling him about the idea (which was actually mine in the first place) and inviting him to come over to these forums and get involved. I'm pretty sure I even posted that fact here. I never heard back from him. So it is untrue that he was not consulted or informed about this.

Edit: George Feeser is the one I emailed. I sent him a message through Meetup and included my email so that he could respond to me.

Nefertiti
09-11-2007, 04:39 AM
Yep, here you will find my saying that I contacted him, the day I first came up with the idea!

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=12505&page=11&highlight=Feeser

Geronimo
09-11-2007, 04:40 AM
Signed

Nefertiti
09-11-2007, 04:58 AM
I'm not going to sign it-I think it is a waste of time. I DID send the following message to George Feeser just now though:

Dear George:

It has been brought to my attention that you are feeling slighted about the organization of the rally for Ron Paul on Veteran's Day in Philadelphia and I am hoping with this message we can clear up some misunderstandings.

I live in Chicago, and I have never been to Philly, but when a discussion regarding a national DC rally for Ron Paul ran up against logistical issues and someone suggested we search for another place, I suggested the Liberty Park in Philadelphia. You can see that post at the bottom of this page:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=12505&page=8

You see, for all Americans, even those of us who have never visited Philly, the Liberty Bell is a national symbol of the freedom we wish to return with the election of Ron Paul. It was a spur of the moment inspiration on my part, but a few people liked it, and so I started to research it a bit more.

Within 4 or 5 hours of having this idea and seeing the positive reaction, I came here to Meetup and searched for your group because I felt it was important for you and your group to be involved from the beginning. I sent you a message inviting you to visit the thread where the idea was being discussed. I then posted the fact that I had emailed you in the same thread. That message you can find here:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=12505&page=11

I had hoped that the head of the Philadelphia Meetup group would have jumped at the idea of being involved closely in the organization of a NATIONAL rally for Ron Paul in his home city.

Now, I don't know what is the truth and what is rumors, but I am hearing now that you are saying you were not consulted about this idea. I hope the above links will demonstrate that you indeed were consulted from the very beginning and invited to take a leading role in the organization of this event. You clearly chose not to do so. That's fine, but please for the sake of Ron Paul's future presidency, please don't try to hinder those who wish to be involved.

PS-I heard you also believe that people won't come out to see Ron Paul because of the weather. Do you realize how many thousands of people turned out on Feb. 10 in Springfield, IL during 8 degree weather to hear Obama declare his candidacy? He knew it would be cold, but he understood the symbolism of the Springfield Capitol building for his message, just as we all understand the meaning of Liberty Hall in Philly. It's important to do this outside and considering it is highly unlikely to be 8 degrees, I don't think we have to worry about the turnout.

[I also posted this on the Philly Meetup board. To anyone who is dealing with people who believe George wasn't consulted, you have my permission to forward them this letter to set them straight. Let the truth be known!]

speciallyblend
09-11-2007, 05:34 AM
Signed

Sematary
09-11-2007, 05:36 AM
yeah, just like all those petitions to the mainstream media have done so well in getting them to say "gee, you know what? You guys are right. we have been unfair to Ron Paul"

sounds to me like they have ulterior motives and all the signatures in the world wont change his mind. Sounds like a megalomaniac to me.

Its your thing though, so do whatever you want. Dont be suprised though when you get all those signatures and nothing happens.

Im just offering opinoins here, thats all.

This petition is for the campaign - not the Philly meetup. The Philly meetup, with the exception of the organizer, want this rally to happen. He can bolox the entire thing so we need the petition to show the campaign that we're serious.

abstrusezincate
09-11-2007, 05:37 AM
This is complete garbage. I know George very well and have worked with him in much detail. It's amazing how alarmist you can be.

Listen, here are the actual facts. The campaign had never actually agreed to come to the proposed rally in Philadelphia. The only reason that they finally did was because the rally was won by Philadelphia in the Meetup Fundraising Competition. George, realizing there was already an effort afoot, has been trying to convince the campaign to have it on November 10th.

At this point, they still have not agreed to an actual date and George has been busting his ass trying to get them to do that, even though the campaign has not been helpful at all. The reason why he looked to move inside is because THE CAMPAIGN wanted to do so, and in no way was that meant to exclude anyone.

You know, it's pretty irresponsible of you guys to launch into a character assault on someone who works really hard, and who does as much if not more than anyone in this campaign to promote Ron Paul. He helped raise almost $40,000 for the campaign, while you've been complaining about your feelings being hurt.

And before you go on about Stevens' coalition, let me tell you this event has nothing to do with that. I personally am not a member of that, having resigned for my own reasons, and I know George, as well the Philly assistants have all been working together to make this happen.

So, the campaign wanted to take a different direction than you envisioned. You can't help that, but rather than attack the people trying to do something, why don't you be productive and mature? It's behavior like this that will cost us this election.

I have twenty or thirty organizers who will vouch for George, and as someone who has worked with him and considers him a friend, I think you owe that man a public apology.

Sematary
09-11-2007, 05:40 AM
dude it's a local rally, I don't need a new thread every day. Try posting this where it belongs in your meetup group. Thanks.

You obviously have not considered the impact this rally could have for the campaign IF it happens. THIS is important.

Nickel
09-11-2007, 05:45 AM
Even though this is a private meetup group, a link to email Mr. Feeser is on the page. So, petition signed and Mr. Feeser emailed:

Greater Philadelphia Meetup (http://ronpaul.meetup.com/25/messages/)

==

Hi Mr. Feeser,

I'm from Columbus, OH and am planning on going to the Philly rally. Please help keep this thing keep rolling. There are already speakers on board and when Dr. Paul signs on there will be even more great speakers on board. Why throw a wrench in it? I mean isn't this about our freedom and Ron Paul?

==

Best of luck Sematary. I gotta think there isn't time for this guy either... sounds like you'll have a lot of support for a new group and keep the rally rolling in the process.

Sematary
09-11-2007, 05:47 AM
I'm not going to sign it-I think it is a waste of time. I DID send the following message to George Feeser just now though:

Dear George:

It has been brought to my attention that you are feeling slighted about the organization of the rally for Ron Paul on Veteran's Day in Philadelphia and I am hoping with this message we can clear up some misunderstandings.

I live in Chicago, and I have never been to Philly, but when a discussion regarding a national DC rally for Ron Paul ran up against logistical issues and someone suggested we search for another place, I suggested the Liberty Park in Philadelphia. You can see that post at the bottom of this page:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=12505&page=8

You see, for all Americans, even those of us who have never visited Philly, the Liberty Bell is a national symbol of the freedom we wish to return with the election of Ron Paul. It was a spur of the moment inspiration on my part, but a few people liked it, and so I started to research it a bit more.

Within 4 or 5 hours of having this idea and seeing the positive reaction, I came here to Meetup and searched for your group because I felt it was important for you and your group to be involved from the beginning. I sent you a message inviting you to visit the thread where the idea was being discussed. I then posted the fact that I had emailed you in the same thread. That message you can find here:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=12505&page=11

I had hoped that the head of the Philadelphia Meetup group would have jumped at the idea of being involved closely in the organization of a NATIONAL rally for Ron Paul in his home city.

Now, I don't know what is the truth and what is rumors, but I am hearing now that you are saying you were not consulted about this idea. I hope the above links will demonstrate that you indeed were consulted from the very beginning and invited to take a leading role in the organization of this event. You clearly chose not to do so. That's fine, but please for the sake of Ron Paul's future presidency, please don't try to hinder those who wish to be involved.

PS-I heard you also believe that people won't come out to see Ron Paul because of the weather. Do you realize how many thousands of people turned out on Feb. 10 in Springfield, IL during 8 degree weather to hear Obama declare his candidacy? He knew it would be cold, but he understood the symbolism of the Springfield Capitol building for his message, just as we all understand the meaning of Liberty Hall in Philly. It's important to do this outside and considering it is highly unlikely to be 8 degrees, I don't think we have to worry about the turnout.

[I also posted this on the Philly Meetup board. To anyone who is dealing with people who believe George wasn't consulted, you have my permission to forward them this letter to set them straight. Let the truth be known!]

It's a good letter but I wouldn't expect a positive result from it. The petition is directed at the campaign, not George Feeser. They wanted us to go through him and he is going to KILL the rally. That is his intention. The only way to save the rally, at this point, is to show the campaign that the support is there, essentially putting them in a position to only say one thing - yes.

Sematary
09-11-2007, 05:51 AM
This is complete garbage. I know George very well and have worked with him in much detail. It's amazing how alarmist you can be.

Listen, here are the actual facts. The campaign had never actually agreed to come to the proposed rally in Philadelphia. The only reason that they finally did was because the rally was won by Philadelphia in the Meetup Fundraising Competition. George, realizing there was already an effort afoot, has been trying to convince the campaign to have it on November 10th.

At this point, they still have not agreed to an actual date and George has been busting his ass trying to get them to do that, even though the campaign has not been helpful at all. The reason why he looked to move inside is because THE CAMPAIGN wanted to do so, and in no way was that meant to exclude anyone.

You know, it's pretty irresponsible of you guys to launch into a character assault on someone who works really hard, and who does as much if not more than anyone in this campaign to promote Ron Paul. He helped raise almost $40,000 for the campaign, while you've been complaining about your feelings being hurt.

And before you go on about Stevens' coalition, let me tell you this event has nothing to do with that. I personally am not a member of that, having resigned for my own reasons, and I know George, as well the Philly assistants have all been working together to make this happen.

So, the campaign wanted to take a different direction than you envisioned. You can't help that, but rather than attack the people trying to do something, why don't you be productive and mature? It's behavior like this that will cost us this election.

I have twenty or thirty organizers who will vouch for George, and as someone who has worked with him and considers him a friend, I think you owe that man a public apology.

This has nothing to do with the campaign wanting a different direction. They WANTED us to work with George Feeser and he got pissed because when Andy went to the group with the idea, he wasn't there and nobody kept him in the loop and from what I understand, he was quite upset that the whole thing was going on. The information on what is happening is coming directly from people who are working with him (or trying to) on this. He decided, for his own reasons (not the campaigns), to blow this thing off and try and start his own rally. Why? For what purpose? We already have a venue, and a date and all we needed was for this guy, who apparently has the ear of the campaign, to tell them he thought it was a good idea. Instead, out of selfishness, or ego, or whatever, he decided not to do so and we are now left with having to show the campaign the support that exists for this rally.

abstrusezincate
09-11-2007, 05:54 AM
Listen, I spent an hour talking to George about this two nights ago.

The campaign, thus far, has not committed to a date, a budget, a time, or anything. George's sole effort has been in trying to get those resolved.

I suspect the reason that he was looking to move it inside is because the campaign required that there be a venue, indoors, where they could have one of the "private briefing sessions" where they load up on donors. That is their main concern, and can you see why a modification might make sense?

I don't want to play referee, but you all need to sit down and talk. George has always had really good things to say about you guys, and honestly, it makes me sad to read what I (perhaps mistakenly, but probably not) see as a character attack.

Nefertiti
09-11-2007, 05:56 AM

The fact is that the rally for Veterans' Day in Liberty Park was planned as a GRASSROOTS event BEFORE they won the Meetup contest. And chances are we could have gotten Ron Paul to the event without them winning the contest.

In fact, them winning the contest has only muddled things and jeopardizes the already planned event, for which money and time have already been spent. If they had never won that, there would be no problems.

Why? Because it probably would be messing with FEC rules for the official campaign to demand that the grassroots rally be moved indoors. Grassroots can't take direction from the campaign and vice versa. If all they are doing is looking for an indoor venue for the private briefing, then that is fine, but that wouldn't cause all this uproar because that is separate from the public rally, which still can be outdoors.

But on the other hand, it might not make a lot of sense for the campaign to attend a rally for the competition (which they are obligated to do) and a grassroots rally as well in the same city, unless they spread them out.

The other BIG ISSUE here is still George. As I posted above, I informed him about the grassroots rally from the beginning. Now I don't know if he ignored me, or simply does not take his job as head of the meetup group seriously enough to read all the emails he gets, but in either case it does not bode well. Either way, if there are any apologies to be made, perhaps he should apologize to ME for either not reading my email or his lying about being consulted.

Nefertiti
09-11-2007, 06:02 AM
It's a good letter but I wouldn't expect a positive result from it. The petition is directed at the campaign, not George Feeser. They wanted us to go through him and he is going to KILL the rally. That is his intention. The only way to save the rally, at this point, is to show the campaign that the support is there, essentially putting them in a position to only say one thing - yes.

Well, I wrote that letter so that the truth would be known. If there is one thing I can't stand it's a liar. And for him to say he wasn't consulted on this is so untrue. Now, maybe he doesn't read all his emails but nevertheless, he has no right to say he wasn't asked to be involved from the outset. Either he doesn't read all his emails, which suggests he might not be responsible enough to be in the position he is in, or he didn't want to support it in the first place, in which case it is not necessarily the best idea to make him the go-between because he isn't committed to the idea. Intentionally or not, he dropped the ball on this rally, or better, he never picked it up in the first place.

Sematary
09-11-2007, 06:04 AM
Listen, I spent an hour talking to George about this two nights ago.

The campaign, thus far, has not committed to a date, a budget, a time, or anything. George's sole effort has been in trying to get those resolved.

I suspect the reason that he was looking to move it inside is because the campaign required that there be a venue, indoors, where they could have one of the "private briefing sessions" where they load up on donors. That is their main concern, and can you see why a modification might make sense?

I don't want to play referee, but you all need to sit down and talk. George has always had really good things to say about you guys, and honestly, it makes me sad to read what I (perhaps mistakenly, but probably not) see as a character attack.

All we want is for Ron Paul to commit to the date. George didn't have to do anything. The campaign didn't have to do anything. We are intending on having a rally that will get the medias attention. We are not collecting donations. We are not asking the campaign to do anything but put Ron Paul on the stage and let his message get heard by thousands of people. He needs exposure as much as he needs money and this will get him exposure. The whole reason they had us contact George is because he is the Greater Philly meetup organizer and because they know who he is. The fact that he got pissed off because he was "out of the loop" is coming straight from the people who have been talking to him about this.
Anyone who has not been working on this doesn't know how hard people within the Philly meetup have been trying to get George to sign off on this because the campaign WILL listen to him. We are nobody's - just members of the grassroots who want to do something that will get some major media attention. They don't know us and thus asked us to work with George, who, apparently, isn't interested because of his bruised ego. That is simply the way it is. If this event is going to occur, we need to have this petition signed by thousands of supporters so that they can't ignore us.

Nefertiti
09-11-2007, 06:29 AM
Anyone who has not been working on this doesn't know how hard people within the Philly meetup have been trying to get George to sign off on this because the campaign WILL listen to him. We are nobody's - just members of the grassroots who want to do something that will get some major media attention. They don't know us and thus asked us to work with George, who, apparently, isn't interested because of his bruised ego.

George has an opportunity to save face on this if he can get over his ego momentarily. Hell, he doesn't even have to tell the truth if he actually read my email. He can just say that he unintentionally overlooked the email from me, that it was his mistake to not read it, and that he is sorry that he didn't read it because he knows how important a role he could have played in moving this rally forward from the beginning. And then get himself on board with this and help us with the official campaign!

I'm sorry that the official campaign is more interested in the support of a single person than many many grassroots supporters. When it comes to the election, we all will have one vote each. Numbers should say more than a single person, no matter what his position is, it seems to me against the Ron Paul philosophy that they are relying on him this much.

Sematary
09-11-2007, 06:58 AM
only about 4,938 signatures to go. ;-)

abstrusezincate
09-11-2007, 06:59 AM
The first thing is you two are both seriously overestimating what clout George has with the national campaign. He has been trying to get in touch with them for days and with only limited success. The Philadelphia event or events are not a priority to them. It sucks, but it's true. He's not trying to obstruct anything, as best I know.

We could go on about details all day, but the truth is the communication has broken down here. I have a question about the rally you were planning that might answer a number of things. Did the campaign ever commit to what you were trying to organize?

Also, we might do well to take this off the public board. My e-mail is quantumquiescnce AT yahoo DOT com. E-mail me and maybe I can help sort this whole mess out. All we all really want is to see a great event, I think, and this pissing contest is helping no one.

Sematary
09-11-2007, 07:01 AM
The first thing is you two are both seriously overestimating what clout George has with the national campaign. He has been trying to get in touch with them for days and with only limited success. The Philadelphia event or events are not a priority to them. It sucks, but it's true. He's not trying to obstruct anything, as best I know.

We could go on about details all day, but the truth is the communication has broken down here. I have a question about the rally you were planning that might answer a number of things. Did the campaign ever commit to what you were trying to organize?

Also, we might do well to take this off the public board. My e-mail is quantumquiescnce AT yahoo DOT com. E-mail me and maybe I can help sort this whole mess out. All we all really want is to see a great event, I think, and this pissing contest is helping no one.

I'll PM you

LibertyEagle
09-11-2007, 07:12 AM

I agree with Mike here. Get the ball rolling; don't give him the time to react.

Sematary
09-11-2007, 07:17 AM
I agree with Mike here. Get the ball rolling; don't give him the time to react.

The petition is NOT directed at George. As far as I am concerned, he is a non-entity in this. The petition is directed at the campaign, who have been hemming and hawing for weeks over this rather than simply giving an answer. Alot of people have put in time and money (as you know) to make this thing happen and we NEED to get their attention. A petition with 5000 signatures WILL get their attention.

LibertyEagle
09-11-2007, 07:18 AM
Petition signed.

Sematary
09-11-2007, 07:19 AM
This is the petition:

We, the grassroots supporters of Ron Paul, hereby petition the Ron Paul campaign to commit Ron Paul to an appearance on November 10, 2007 at Independence Mall in Philadelphia. In the pursuit of freedom for All Americans, we support Ron Paul who carries the message of freedom and liberty to all corners of the United States with the intended purpose of returning the government of the United States to the people of the United States.

First, this Rally will be an incredible event enabling thousands of supporters to hear Ron Paul speak in a venue of historical significance which symbolizes the freedoms and liberties which this campaign embodies.

Secondly, the rally will serve as a notice to the Main Stream Media that the support for Ron Paul goes well beyond the internet and that they can no longer ignore his candidacy or his supporters.

By signing this petition, I am asking the campaign of Ron Paul to give consideration to the grassroots, which is, in many ways, responsible for the position the campaign now holds in the presidential race. We, the undersigned, respectfully request that on November 10, 2007 Ron Paul speak to his supporters and rally the troops for the impending primary elections.

Sincerely,

The Undersigned

We need thousands of signatures. We have 65. If people REALLY want this rally to occur, we are going to need to show the campaign that the support is behind it. So PLEASE, sign the petition.

LibertyEagle
09-11-2007, 07:20 AM
The petition is NOT directed at George. As far as I am concerned, he is a non-entity in this. The petition is directed at the campaign, who have been hemming and hawing for weeks over this rather than simply giving an answer. Alot of people have put in time and money (as you know) to make this thing happen and we NEED to get their attention. A petition with 5000 signatures WILL get their attention.

Ok. You might want to make that a bit more clear in your first post though, because by the look of a few of the comments on the petition, some are thinking this is going to 'ol George.

Don't get mad at me for asking you this, but I just want to make absolutely sure. You actually talked with this guy one-on-one on the phone, right? And even after that, he refuses to join forces on this Rally for the good of the campaign? Does he realize that you have already secured the location, gotten the permits, etc., not to mention have several big name people agreeing to speak?

Note: I signed the petition and back you 100% on this. I'm just hoping there is some way to get to this guy. Getting 10,000 signatures on this petition in the short timeframe we need them is going to be hard to do.

Sematary
09-11-2007, 07:23 AM
Ok. You might want to make that a bit more clear in your first post though, because by the look of a few of the comments on the petition, some are thinking this is going to 'ol George.

I edited the first post to reflect the language in the petition. :)

constituent
09-11-2007, 07:26 AM
wife and i both... should i sign for baby?

she's never been to philly and was really
looking forward to it... she'd be so disappointed

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/5811/addyapril07001pd1.th.jpg (http://img404.imageshack.us/my.php?image=addyapril07001pd1.jpg)

geez guys, look at that face, you don't wanna
make her cry do you?

Sematary
09-11-2007, 07:30 AM
wife and i both... should i sign for baby?

she's never been to philly and was really
looking forward to it... she'd be so disappointed

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/5811/addyapril07001pd1.th.jpg (http://img404.imageshack.us/my.php?image=addyapril07001pd1.jpg)

geez guys, look at that face, you don't wanna
make her cry do you?

You should contact your meetup and have everyone sign the petition!
Everyone should be doing this who wants to see this event come off.

constituent
09-11-2007, 07:33 AM
post your link at ronpaulfreedomforums.org too.

ronpaul.name chatroom

and ron paul radio

and justin.tv

Sematary
09-11-2007, 07:35 AM
post your link at ronpaulfreedomforums.org too.

ronpaul.name chatroom

and ron paul radio

and justin.tv

I already contacted ron paul radio. Are you a member of the freedom forums? Could you post it there for me, if you are?
I'll go to justin.tv
any others? I've already hit quite a few including daily paul

UCFGavin
09-11-2007, 07:41 AM
wow, what a fucking douche.

Sematary
09-11-2007, 07:42 AM
wow, what a fucking douche.

Pretty much. Anyway, sign the petition to the campaign so we can put the grassroots pressure on them to commit. ok?

Sematary
09-11-2007, 07:44 AM
I'm not certain that I understand the "views" column on the main page but it seems that almost 1300 people have viewed this thread because it doesn't seem to count multiple views by one person. So why only 70 signatures?

Shink
09-11-2007, 07:53 AM
Signed. Didn't know we had so many preschoolers among us.:mad: I'd eat my own head before I'd ever respect the goddamn jackass who's pulling this stunt. Has somebody contacted that Amanda girl in the campaign? The fact that this is even happening is really making me sick.

LibertyEagle
09-11-2007, 07:54 AM
Sematary, have you talked to George about this on the phone? I keep hoping it is something that can be worked out if you 2 would just talk to each other.

M.Bellmore
09-11-2007, 07:54 AM
Signed. Has the official RP campaign lurker, Don, been contacted?

Sematary
09-11-2007, 07:58 AM
Signed. Didn't know we had so many preschoolers among us.:mad: I'd eat my own head before I'd ever respect the goddamn jackass who's pulling this stunt. Has somebody contacted that Amanda girl in the campaign? The fact that this is even happening is really making me sick.

I have been in contact with Amanda for several weeks.

Sematary
09-11-2007, 07:59 AM
Sematary, have you talked to George about this on the phone? I keep hoping it is something that can be worked out if you 2 would just talk to each other.

The problem is between him and his assistants at this point. THEY want this rally to happen. They have spoken to him about it and been rebuffed. He is adamantly opposed to it because it wasn't his idea. He is attempting to organize his OWN rally. That is the ego we are dealing with.

Sematary
09-11-2007, 08:00 AM
Signed. Has the official RP campaign lurker, Don, been contacted?

I actually pm'd him last week asking him to put in a word for us.

Sematary
09-11-2007, 08:01 AM
A reminder of the petition:

Here is how it reads:

Sincerely,

The Undersigned

mconder
09-11-2007, 08:08 AM
I think you guys need to try and work this out. Post some polls on the Meetup site about what the group wants to do.

Sematary
09-11-2007, 08:11 AM
I think you guys need to try and work this out. Post some polls on the Meetup site about what the group wants to do.

The group itself has been overwhelmingly in favor of this rally. The organizer doesn't seem to care and is off trying to set up his own rally at as yet undetermined date at an undetermined indoor venue (which would not get the media attention this rally was designed to garner). He is a lone wolf on this one, apparently, and needs to be reigned in.

Sematary
09-11-2007, 08:12 AM

By the way, people have been TRYING to work this out for a week to no avail. George is steadfast against this rally because it isn't HIS, despite the fact that we told him he could have all the credit he wants.

BizmanUSA
09-11-2007, 08:14 AM
Voted to See, Hear and to CHEER Ron Paul on to VICTORY in Philly in one giant rally of thousands!

IF you want to see the Philadelphia rally occur on Nov. 10th in Independence Park
sign this petition:

http://www.petitiononline.com/Phrally/petition.html (http://www.petitiononline.com/Phrally/petition.html)

We support RON PAUL for President in 2008 and will be in Philly Nov. 10th to cheer Dr. Ron Paul on to Victory!

BizmanUSA

PS Keep re-posting the link so it is easy for everyone to find it!

Sematary
09-11-2007, 08:16 AM
Voted to See, Hear and to CHEER Ron Paul on to VICTORY in Philly in one giant rally of thousands!

IF you want to see the Philadelphia rally occur on Nov. 10th in Independence Park
sign this petition:

http://www.petitiononline.com/Phrally/petition.html (http://www.petitiononline.com/Phrally/petition.html)

We support RON PAUL for President in 2008 and will be in Philly Nov. 10th to cheer Dr. Ron Paul on to Victory!

BizmanUSA

PS Keep re-posting the link so it is easy for everyone to find it!

I'll do the best I can but I was setting this up at 2:00 this morning or something like that, didn't get to bed till 4:00 (all this after work) and I was up at 7:30
I'm going to Fenway this afternoon to distribute literature and I need some sleep.
Hopefully, others will help keep the link active. :-)

RonPaulCult
09-11-2007, 08:26 AM
What bugs me about the meetups is that for the most part they are being led by the person who happened to be first to start it. In some cases that is good but in other cases not so much.

A rudy voter could have been the first to sign up. I mean how is that the best way to pick a leader?

But just remember that nobody owns this campaign. Everybody needs to do what they feel is best for Ron Paul with or without the meetup group. Never let anybody tell you how to support him. Just get off your butt and get out there and do it!

Sematary
09-11-2007, 08:29 AM
What bugs me about the meetups is that for the most part they are being led by the person who happened to be first to start it. In some cases that is good but in other cases not so much.

A rudy voter could have been the first to sign up. I mean how is that the best way to pick a leader?

But just remember that nobody owns this campaign. Everybody needs to do what they feel is best for Ron Paul with or without the meetup group. Never let anybody tell you how to support him. Just get off your butt and get out there and do it!

You can help right now but signing the petition.

Sematary
09-11-2007, 08:34 AM
How can we convince the campaign that we can attract thousands of people to Philadelphia for a rally if we can't get thousands of people to sign a simple online petition?
PLEASE - sign the petition!

Sematary
09-11-2007, 08:53 AM
bump

Sematary
09-11-2007, 09:08 AM
Don't forget to message your meetups and anyone else you can think of to get this thing signed. We literally will require thousands of signatures to catch the campaign's attention.

Cowlesy
09-11-2007, 09:18 AM
What a monumental breakdown in communication. You guys all need to get on the PHONE to one another and sort this out instead of super-soaking each other with emails.

Get ahold of Amanda Lee, conference in Feeser and sort it out. Tom K can be conferenced in and referee (sorry Tom haha). 451 posts on here solves NOTHING.

I'm all for the Freedom Rally on the 10th and in fact made a contribution for the insurance. Why don't you guys do a private briefing for the fat-cat donors, then the private visit to Meetup group members as won in the Competition --- and then top it off with the massive Freedom Rally. That way the Campaign is Happy with the Private Briefing, the Meetup Group (Feeser) gets their private Meetup Group meeting and is happy, and the rest of us can enjoy the Freedom Rally.

Just get on the horn to these people and iron it out.

BizmanUSA
09-11-2007, 09:21 AM
I'll do the best I can but I was setting this up at 2:00 this morning or something like that, didn't get to bed till 4:00 (all this after work) and I was up at 7:30
I'm going to Fenway this afternoon to distribute literature and I need some sleep.
Hopefully, others will help keep the link active. :-)

Sem,

Just trying to help my friend- remember toast belongs in the toaster :rolleyes: a little restful sleep does wonders!

sign this petition:

We support RON PAUL for President in 2008 and will be in Philly Nov. 10th to cheer him on to Victory!

BizmanUSA

LibertyEagle
09-11-2007, 09:22 AM
The problem is between him and his assistants at this point. THEY want this rally to happen. They have spoken to him about it and been rebuffed. He is adamantly opposed to it because it wasn't his idea. He is attempting to organize his OWN rally. That is the ego we are dealing with.

Ok. I would still try to talk to him ONE ON ONE on the phone. You gotta try, man.

Sematary
09-11-2007, 09:27 AM
Ok. I would still try to talk to him ONE ON ONE on the phone. You gotta try, man.

Have already done so.

abstrusezincate
09-11-2007, 09:35 AM
I am trying to get all the facts on this situation and mediate this. Hopefully, by the end of tonight, we'll have some resolution and everyone working on the same page.

M.Bellmore
09-11-2007, 09:36 AM
Go Tom! You da man! :cool:

tmg19103
09-11-2007, 09:48 AM
Well, since the cat is out of the bag (and we all know you can't herd cats) I will now post.

As most know, I have worked with Sematary to get this Philly Rally going. It started as a thread on this forum - HUGE Rally in Philly or D.C. The Philly Organizer George even had a message on the Philly MeetUp message board to go vote on it, so it appeared he initially supported it.

Philly won out and Sematary and I ran with it, getting the Independence Mall lawn reserved for Nov. 10, raising $1,000 on this forum for insurance, we are almost complete with a website to market the event and BizmanUSA who did the Pittsburgh Rally will do the stage/sound/lighting.

I spoke at the Greater Philly MeetUp in August to the group about this Rally. They were all for it, also realizing that if they win the MeetUp fundraiser they could use that to invite RP to the Rally has he has to visit them anyway.

The Philly MeetUp members and the Asst. Organizers were all for it (at least everyone I talked to), but George the Organizer happened to be on vacation when I spoke.

To put it politely, I was told George was pretty controlling and I needed to approach him with this carefully. I was polite to him, said I'd be happy to roll the whole thing up under the Greater Philly group and his organization. My take was we should all work TOGETHER for a fun, blow-out event to help RP's campaign.

I have gotten to know just about all the Asst. Organizers and they are all for it. Well, George just decided to have his own rally indoors that he plans from scratch when we already have a great one in the works that he is absolutley aware of. Apparantly NO concern for the greater good of us grassroots supporters, the thoughts of his own MeetUp members, and for getting RP elected.

Call it ego, call it a control thing through the Paul for President Coalition, call it a possible internal campaign by the Paul for President Coalition to sabotage the Paul campaign (and I'm not saying that's true, but postings online about "Dr." Stevens make you wonder) - call it what you want, but it is just not right.

Here's an email I got today from a Philly MeetUp member:

"Clearly he's [George] lying.

XXX and I have noticed recently that the man (1) does not tell the truth, (2) exhibits poor judgment (3) lacks adequate education to speak intelligently about politics, (4) lacks organizational skills to manage a local grass election effort

Bottom line, George has a problem with anyone who adds value or otherwise does work. He's perfectly fine working with [word edited out, but it refers to "Dr." Tom Stevens of the Paul for President Coalition].

George's contribution to the fund raising efforts was nearly nil since he was on vacation in Brazil during much of the effort.

I'm calling the campaign today."

Whether it is the relationship between George and Dr. Tom Stevens in the New York area (the Paul for President Coalition) or just plain ego, or both, I don't know. But the point of a successful grassroots campaign is not about secretive top-down authority while de-motivating the whole MeetUp. I have spoken to over ten Philly MeetUp members over the past few days and not ONE supports George's methods of running the MeetUp. George fired a 21 year old male Assistant Organizer because he would not take Dr. Tom Stevens' bizarre phone calls ("Dr." Stevens has been accused of starting a gay teenage MeetUp on this forum before) and Stevens was charged in the past with solicitation to commit murder, but the thing I found more interesting than the assertion in online reports of the alleged murder plot was that Stevens was a mole who was supposed to sabotage Ross Perot's campaign. At the very least it appears that this Stevens character wants to control the MeetUp groups - for whatever reason.

Regardless, he is certainly does not seem to be a positive influence and it appears George takes at least some of his marching orders from him because George fired a young male Asst. Organizer because the Asst. Organizer felt uncomfortable with Dr. Stevens' phone calls (from what I have been told by several different sources).

A new Philly MeetUp member who is on this forum (and who has offerred help for the Independence Mall Liberty Rally) was just terminated, or removed from the MeetUp by George because complained about not being allowed in George's secret meetings and because he did not like the whole top-down do as I say, not as I do set-up.

As Ron Paul says, we are supposed be having FUN. MeetUp's should not have authoritarian rulers, but rather a member of the team that helps coordinate fun events in support of Ron Paul that get people excited and motivated, instead of nixing them and having it his way or the highway while pissing everyone off.

I expect some fireworks within the Philly MeetUp today as George is being challenged. I know and respect many of the MeetUp members and most of the Asst. Organizers. Should be interesting, but my realgoal is to have a HUGE Philly Rally with RP speaking before thousands so we can get great name recognition for the campaign in a metro area of 8 million and nationally. NO other campaign can pull off a grassroots effort like this, and we can - as long as we don't let one of our own grassroots members derail it.

Please sign the petition.

Sematary
09-11-2007, 09:55 AM
Linke to the petition:

text:

Sincerely,

The Undersigned

We need THOUSANDS of signatures!!!
Help us promote this historic opportunity to show America what REAL grassroots is all about by telling the campaign that you WANT DR. PAUL IN PHILADELPHIA on November 10, 2007 at Independence Mall.

abstrusezincate
09-11-2007, 09:55 AM
For the sake of resolving these issues, I'm going to ask that everyone please take a hiatus of a day before posting further. There are lots of facts and opinions to consider. That said, if people involved with this, or involved in Philadelphia have information, I ask that you please PM me with what has been happening.

specsaregood
09-11-2007, 09:59 AM
//

tmg19103
09-11-2007, 10:02 AM
What a monumental breakdown in communication. You guys all need to get on the PHONE to one another and sort this out instead of super-soaking each other with emails.

Get ahold of Amanda Lee, conference in Feeser and sort it out. Tom K can be conferenced in and referee (sorry Tom haha). 451 posts on here solves NOTHING.

I'm all for the Freedom Rally on the 10th and in fact made a contribution for the insurance. Why don't you guys do a private briefing for the fat-cat donors, then the private visit to Meetup group members as won in the Competition --- and then top it off with the massive Freedom Rally. That way the Campaign is Happy with the Private Briefing, the Meetup Group (Feeser) gets their private Meetup Group meeting and is happy, and the rest of us can enjoy the Freedom Rally.

Just get on the horn to these people and iron it out.

Great suggestion! Problem is the Philly MeetUp Organizer appears to only want to do things his way while not accepting input from his MeetUp and others. Getting him on a phone call like this seems darn near impossible as only HE wants to talk to the campaign alone, with others then wondering if he even spoke to the campaign and if what he has to say even came from the campaign.

His statement to me was that the "campaign" said the the Philly Rally could not be held outside due the the time of year. So I looked up and posted on the Philly MeetUp message board that the average day temp in Philly of 58 degrees on Nov. 10. Then he seems to back away from that and he posts on the MeetUp message board that it is tough to get ahold of the campaign and he will get back to everyone later. I asked who he spoke to in the campaign about this and he said he could not remember as you get "bounced around". Give me a break!

sign this petition:

tmg19103
09-11-2007, 10:07 AM
For the sake of resolving these issues, I'm going to ask that everyone please take a hiatus of a day before posting further. There are lots of facts and opinions to consider. That said, if people involved with this, or involved in Philadelphia have information, I ask that you please PM me with what has been happening.

Tom, I appreciate the work you have done, but this is a grassroots effort with a lot of ruffled feathers. From what I have gathered speaking to Philly MeetUp members personally, and considering the effort and money that has been put into this Rally, this really needed to be brought into the open.

I'd be happy to PM if you would clarify for the board that you are not part of the Paul for Presdient Coalition.

BizmanUSA
09-11-2007, 10:12 AM

For the sake of showing the Ron Paul Campaign Headquarters that we want a RON PAUL Rally in Philadelphia
at Independence Park on November 10th and for NO OTHER REASON please sign this petition:

We need THOUSANDS of signatures and we need them now to show the Ron Paul Campaign HQ that we are indeed serious! :eek:

We support RON PAUL for President in 2008 and will be in Philly Nov. 10th to See, Hear and Cheer Ron Paul on to Victory! :D

BizmanUSA

PS I agree with Tom K and will stop as requested until he has had a chance . . .

Captain Shays
09-11-2007, 10:15 AM
Dear George F from the Greater Philly Group.

This is Dave C from Philly and Cherry Hill/South Jersey. You know me because we talked the day you got back from France. You were pretty upset that this rally was being set up and you didn't know anything about it. I informed you that I thought you were involved but as it turns out, I get people mized up with this campaign. Yeah, through Tom I'm also the Camden County coordinator. Yeah, I'm also part of AFFTF, Greater Philly, Cherry Hill ect ect. I don't always know who is who. It doesn't matter though brother. We're all on the same team supposedly.
I sent money into the forum so we could get insurance, and Sematary went ahead with Andy and got it. They also got in contact with the appropraite people at the park.
Based upon November 10 date, I went ahead and set up another interview in studio for one hour on the Michael Smerconish show (as I set up the first interview a few months ago).

You were livid when I spoke to you ,mostly because you weren't involved in the setting up of this rally and you told me that by going around you, "these guys are making you look like an ass".
George. Who cares? It doesn't matter who brings the ball down the field when we all get the points at the end of the day. And those points are Ron Paul coming to Philly, in our neighborhood and having a huge rally right near Carpenters Hall.

I'm in with these guys for Nov 10 Bro. Get with us. Let them run with it. They';ve done a lot to get the ball rolling and no one wants to exclude you. Not me, and Andy, not Jay, and not Sematary.

You're a great American patriot George. Your fire for freedom, Ron paul and our Constitution burns as hot as mine or anyone else's. We need your talents and your efforts to bring this to fruition and to get our candidate elected in the primaries.
But you've got some kind of ego thing going on Bro and its time to put it down and start helping out with the Nov 10 rally.

Talk to these guys. You're not out....yet. Be kewl, get it together and meld with us.

In peace, freedom and truth,

Dave.

If you need to talk you know my number.

Captain Shays
09-11-2007, 10:21 AM
Great suggestion! Problem is the Philly MeetUp Organizer appears to only want to do things his way while not accepting input from his MeetUp and others. Getting him on a phone call like this seems darn near impossible as only HE wants to talk to the campaign alone, with others then wondering if he even spoke to the campaign and if what he has to say even came from the campaign.

His statement to me was that the "campaign" said the the Philly Rally could not be held outside due the the time of year. So I looked up and posted on the Philly MeetUp message board that the average day temp in Philly of 58 degrees on Nov. 10. Then he seems to back away from that and he posts on the MeetUp message board that it is tough to get ahold of the campaign and he will get back to everyone later. I asked who he spoke to in the campaign about this and he said he could not remember as you get "bounced around". Give me a break!

sign this petition:

I personally don't care whether its inside or outside but I can tell you this much. October and November are the rainy season here in Philly. We get the Noreasters and otherwise lots of rain and miserable weather that time of year.

Sematary
09-11-2007, 10:22 AM
Dear George F from the Greater Philly Group.

This is Dave C from Philly and Cherry Hill/South Jersey. You know me because we talked the day you got back from France. You were pretty upset that this rally was being set up and you didn't know anything about it. I informed you that I thought you were involved but as it turns out, I get people mized up with this campaign. Yeah, through Tom I'm also the Camden County coordinator. Yeah, I'm also part of AFFTF, Greater Philly, Cherry Hill ect ect. I don't always know who is who. It doesn't matter though brother. We're all on the same team supposedly.
I sent money into the forum so we could get insurance, and Sematary went ahead with Andy and got it. They also got in contact with the appropraite people at the park.
Based upon November 10 date, I went ahead and set up another interview in studio for one hour on the Michael Smerconish show (as I set up the first interview a few months ago).

You were livid when I spoke to you ,mostly because you weren't involved in the setting up of this rally and you told me that by going around you, "these guys are making you look like an ass".
George. Who cares? It doesn't matter who brings the ball down the field when we all get the points at the end of the day. And those points are Ron Paul coming to Philly, in our neighborhood and having a huge rally right near Carpenters Hall.

I'm in with these guys for Nov 10 Bro. Get with us. Let them run with it. They';ve done a lot to get the ball rolling and no one wants to exclude you. Not me, and Andy, not Jay, and not Sematary.

You're a great American patriot George. Your fire for freedom, Ron paul and our Constitution burns as hot as mine or anyone else's. We need your talents and your efforts to bring this to fruition and to get our candidate elected in the primaries.
But you've got some kind of ego thing going on Bro and its time to put it down and start helping out with the Nov 10 rally.

Talk to these guys. You're not out....yet. Be kewl, get it together and meld with us.

In peace, freedom and truth,

Dave.

If you need to talk you know my number.

You may want to copy and paste this to the Philly meetup message board here:

http://ronpaul.meetup.com/25/messages/boards/view/viewthread?thread=3510293

brandon
09-11-2007, 10:23 AM
I am a member of philly meetup, and I also am the head organizer for Temple University students for ron paul (Temple is the biggest university in philadelphia)

I support this rally on Nov 10 as originally planned.

I dont think one guy is going to be able to shut this rally down.

Sematary
09-11-2007, 10:23 AM
I personally don't care whether its inside or outside but I can tell you this much. October and November are the rainy season here in Philly. We get the Noreasters and otherwise lots of rain and miserable weather that time of year.

We can easily set up an enclosed stage for the Dr. and the rest of us can show our support in the rain if need be. The difference between outdoor and indoor is huge, in my opinion, however. The purpose of this rally is media attention and to rally the troops. We cannot get the media attention we need indoors. We need to pack the streets around independence mall to get that kind of attention and the Liberty Bell is the PERFECT place for this rally.

Sematary
09-11-2007, 10:24 AM
I am a member of philly meetup, and I also am the head organizer for Temple University students for ron paul (Temple is the biggest university in philadelphia)

I support this rally on Nov 10 as originally planned.

I dont think one guy is going to be able to shut this rally down.

Sign the petition:

Get your fellow students to do the same! Let's make this happen!

Chester Copperpot
09-11-2007, 10:26 AM
COUP D'ETAT AT THE PHILLY MEETUP

tmg19103
09-11-2007, 10:28 AM

The stage will be covered for weather so speakers are fine. RP supporters will come no matter. They stood out in the rain all day at the Illinois State Fair Straw Poll and RP was not even there. Sunny day and the park overflows bigtime. Rainy day and it will still be a great crowd, but I can also keep an open mind. For now it is Nov. 10 at Independence Mall, unless someone can come up with an indoor venue that cost the $50 permit fee the park cost. Even indoors we still have to pay for sound/lighting, etc. as we had to do indoors in Pittsburgh.

Sematary
09-11-2007, 10:29 AM
The stage will be covered for weather so speakers are fine. RP supporters will come no matter. They stood out in the rain all day at the Illinois State Fair Straw Poll and RP was not even there. Sunny day and the park overflows bigtime. Rainy day and it will still be a great crowd, but I can also keep an open mind. For now it is Nov. 10 at Independence Mall, unless someone can come up with an indoor venue that cost the $50 permit fee the park cost. Even indoors we still have to pay for sound/lighting, etc. as we had to do indoors in Pittsburgh.

We also lose the impact by going indoors. I will vote against that all day long.

brandon
09-11-2007, 10:30 AM

No, at least not yet. The leader of our meetup has done alot of good, and lets give him a chance to come around to see our side.

brandon
09-11-2007, 10:31 AM
We also lose the impact by going indoors. I will vote against that all day long.

I agree. We have to make Sure RP is comfortable though...we can't forget that he is 71 years old.

Nefertiti
09-11-2007, 10:33 AM

Did he really say that? Please tell this guy to read his email before he accuses people of "going around him." I notified of him of the plans 4 or 5 hours after they were hatched by a direct message! Brian Kelly posted something in the Philly Meetup Forums by the evening that same day.

He had the opportunity to chime in from the outset. The elections are starting in 4 months and we are supposed to wait to decide what to do until he gets back from France or Brazil or wherever? He doesn't check his email from abroad? I see he posted in the Philly forums 3 days later-he certainly wasn't incommunicado for that long. :mad:

Nefertiti
09-11-2007, 10:34 AM
I agree. We have to make Sure RP is comfortable though...we can't forget that he is 71 years old.

A heater under the podium. That's what Obama did in Springfield.

Sematary
09-11-2007, 10:34 AM
114 and counting.... LONG way to go, folks.

Nefertiti
09-11-2007, 10:35 AM

Practicing for the revolution?
:D

Sematary
09-11-2007, 10:35 AM
A heater under the podium. That's what Obama did in Springfield.

Whatever we can do to make him comfortable.

Nefertiti
09-11-2007, 10:39 AM
Have you got a sign language interpreter on board? It's always thoughtful to have one of these. There were two at a Kenny Rogers concert here in Chicago this summer and they were as fascinating to watch as Kenny himself.

constituent
09-11-2007, 10:41 AM
Have you got a sign language interpreter on board? It's always thoughtful to have one of these. There were two at a Kenny Rogers concert here in Chicago this summer and they were as fascinating to watch as Kenny himself.

ROFL!!!!

'I feel refreshed'

Nefertiti
09-11-2007, 10:43 AM
If you ever get a chance to attend a Kenny Rogers concert, do so, even if you aren't a huge fan. He is HILARIOUS-almost a better stand up comedian than a singer.

mdh
09-11-2007, 10:44 AM

ARealConservative
09-11-2007, 10:51 AM
Is it true that the meetup group in Philthy wasn't contacted about this event at all?

specsaregood
09-11-2007, 10:52 AM
Is it true that the meetup group in Philthy wasn't contacted about this event at all?

Not at all. All the Asst Organizers know about it and are onboard and want this rally to happen. You figure it out from there....

Nefertiti
09-11-2007, 10:53 AM
Untrue. See my post recounting the history here:

And note that a post was made on Aug. 16 (the day the idea was hatched) by someone else about it on the Philly boards. Their leader and the group itself were given notice. They just chose to not get involved at that time.

brandon
09-11-2007, 10:54 AM

Please don't come to our rally if that is the way you speak of our city.

Sematary
09-11-2007, 10:55 AM
Sign the petition (pretty please)

mdh
09-11-2007, 10:57 AM
Please don't come to our rally if that is the way you speak of our city.

Hah, I call it philthydelphia all the time. It's a term of endearment. ;)

I may have to go over and hang out with Austin from rpr. Maybe we can get djloti to come up, too, and the three of us go live on the air.

slantedview
09-11-2007, 10:57 AM
He was put out by the fact that we didn't contact him FIRST before starting this thing and now is pissed off at his co-organizers, and us, for "ignoring" him. The fact that he was out of the country at the time and wasn't even around when his meetup won the competition has nothing to do with anything. His goal is to be the hero - the guy who got it done. That is his agenda. Plain and simple. His co-organizers are planning to leave him high and dry if he won't cooperate as they WANT this rally, and he doesn't because he can't take credit for it - even though we told him he could take all the credit he wants.

Jeezus. I wish I had a good solution for this... Sounds like the only thing to do is have the entire meetup group break off from him and start anew.

Sematary
09-11-2007, 10:58 AM
Please don't forget to contact all your meetups and tell them to sign the petition!
We need THOUSANDS of signatures NOW!

brandon
09-11-2007, 10:59 AM
Hah, I call it philthydelphia all the time. It's a term of endearment. ;)

I may have to go over and hang out with Austin from rpr. Maybe we can get djloti to come up, too, and the three of us go live on the air.

hah ok....I will admit our city is pretty polluted and dirty. I just dont want to see any philly hatred spreading over this incident.

Sematary
09-11-2007, 11:05 AM
121 and counting - only 4,879 to go.
Come on folks - get the word out. If we can't get 5000 names on a petition, we'll NEVER get him to Philly!

tmg19103
09-11-2007, 11:09 AM
Untrue. See my post recounting the history here:

And note that a post was made on Aug. 16 (the day the idea was hatched) by someone else about it on the Philly boards. Their leader and the group itself were given notice. They just chose to not get involved at that time.

And I then spoke to the Philly MeetUp at a meeting the end of August when George the Organizer was in Brazil. Sematary and I had already gotten the permit for Independence Mall, raised the $1,000 for the insurance on this board, got a website started and BizmanUSA involved in the stage/sound.

The Asst. Organizers were all for the event when I met with them when George was in Brazil. Yet George complained to me on the phone when I spoke to him about the big rally after he got back that he had not been kept in the loop. The facts show different. George was well aware fo the big Philly Rally and it appears George chose not to get involved.

George knew about the big Philly rally from the beginning, he did nothing to get involved like Sematary and I and then the Philly MeetUp Asst. Organizers after I spoke to them when George was in Brazil. Everyone is for this and yet George wants to blow it up and have his own rally that I guess he can claim as his own.

Let's work together here, folks!

Sematary
09-11-2007, 11:10 AM
still at 121 :(

Digg it! http://digg.com/politics/Petition_to_get_Ron_Paul_to_rally_in_Philadelphia_ online

Sign here:

Suzu
That's what I see as well.

Call me dumb, but I don't understand why an indoor rally defeats any purpose.

Has anyone asked what Dr. Paul prefers in re. indoor/outdoor rally and date?

mdh
hah ok....I will admit our city is pretty polluted and dirty. I just dont want to see any philly hatred spreading over this incident.

Hey, I'm an old Dundalk boy.. ;)

Sematary
09-11-2007, 11:11 AM
How the HELL are we ever going to get 5000 signatures at this rate?

Sematary
09-11-2007, 11:12 AM

The idea is to fill the streets with people in support of Ron Paul - out in the open, where the media can't ignore them. We want to overflow the venue and pack the streets all around Independence Mall.
Also - if it is indoors, any overflow will not be able to see, or hear, him speak. We will set up speakers for overflow and possibly televisions as well if turnout warrants it.

Suzu
09-11-2007, 11:20 AM
The idea is to fill the streets with people in support of Ron Paul - out in the open, where the media can't ignore them. We want to overflow the venue and pack the streets all around Independence Mall.
Also - if it is indoors, any overflow will not be able to see, or hear, him speak. We will set up speakers for overflow and possibly televisions as well if turnout warrants it.

That makes sense.

Now, what about my 2nd question.

Sematary
09-11-2007, 11:22 AM

If it was March, we could talk to Ron Paul directly.
It isn't, and we can't.
But, we can accomodate with a heated/covered stage.

tmg19103
09-11-2007, 11:23 AM

A big outdoor event the way Independence Mall is set up will not only look explosive, but key points are Dr. Paul will be speaking in front of the Liberty Bell and Indepedence Hall where the constitution was signed, and behind him is the U.S. Mint with our $100 billion in gold reserves. The location has a LOT of historical and campaign relevant significance.

As for the date, Ron Paul owes the Philly MeetUp a visit because they won the MeetUp fundraising competiton - which was run by the Asst. Organizers to a good deal as the Philly MeetUp Organizer who is putting a wrench in the works was out of the country for most of the fundraising.

The campaign has requested that the Philly MeetUp give them a date for Dr. Paul to visit them. The suggestion, with the backing of just about the whole Philly MeetUp, is Nov. 10 and to speak at this huge rally at Independence Mall, but again, the Organizer is putting a wrench in the works.

mdh
09-11-2007, 11:25 AM
OK, I spread this to the chat channels. If only we had ronpaulDUGG, this would be easier to pass around. :p

Sematary
09-11-2007, 11:27 AM

slantedview
09-11-2007, 11:29 AM
If anyone can send this to their local meetup groups to garner some wider support, that would be a good thing :) Meetup groups unite!

maggiebott
09-11-2007, 11:31 AM
I want to know who gave this guy Geo. credit of raising 40,000? Emails were sent out to suburb meetups to pool all monies into philly. We did that...WE, not some ass who heads a meetup in philly. Tell him to piss up a rope, he has no authority anymore than other meetup peeps.
Another question...how does this volunteer head meetup moron have the authority to fire anyone? Are you kidding me?

In spite of my bad feelings of this filthy city, I plunked down the last 800 of my alloted contribution. No, I won't sign until someone answers these questions.

UCFGavin
09-11-2007, 11:35 AM
we get any response from this ego maniac?

tmg19103
09-11-2007, 11:37 AM

Keep pledging, but one thing to also note is that this thread already has almost 2,500 views.

Earlier in the campaign 1,000 Ron Paul supporters showed up in Iowa based on this forum and word of mouth to challenge Dr. Paul not being invited to speak at a GOP event.

There are almost 40 million people within 200 miles of Philly and over 70,000 college students within three miles of this event.

I have no doubt, especially since this rally will have a website promoting it that will go on this forum, Daily Paul and all the other RP Blogs, plus it will get DUGG and be on Google, that the 5,000 this area holds will be overflowing. Easy train ride from Boston, NYC, Baltimore, D.C.

I have RP supporters from Texas and Florida who have emailed me and said they would attend.

Philly never has big events like this and it WILL get great exposure in the nation's 4th largest TV market with a metro area of 8 million people.

No other campaign will be able to do a grassroots event like this. It will be tremendous exposure!

Please pledge so we can cover our bases.

Sematary
09-11-2007, 11:39 AM

mdh
09-11-2007, 11:39 AM
I want to know who gave this guy Geo. credit of raising 40,000? Emails were sent out to suburb meetups to pool all monies into philly. We did that...WE, not some ass who heads a meetup in philly. Tell him to piss up a rope, he has no authority anymore than other meetup peeps.
Another question...how does this volunteer head meetup moron have the authority to fire anyone? Are you kidding me?

In spite of my bad feelings of this filthy city, I plunked down the last 800 of my alloted contribution. No, I won't sign until someone answers these questions.

He has authority because he paid meetup.com to start the group. He has authority to add/remove co-coordinator powers from any member. Seriously, this is why I don't like the arbitrary authority structure that meetup.com imposes.

We're lucky here in WV - Kent is a friend, I've met Larry and he's a great guy, and the new Moundsville group guy has corresponded with me via email and seems like a very nice person as well. On the other hand, I've heard stories from Salt Lake City, from California, and at least two others over the past few months of meetup.com arbitrary authority leaders being more of a harm than a positive for the campaign.

Remember, anyone can go out, pay some money, and run a meetup.com group. These people are not put into place by the PCC, not elected by the members of the group, it's completely arbitrary.

Sematary
09-11-2007, 11:41 AM

The point of this petition is to override this jerkoff. It looks like there are going to be fireworks in Philly tonight and my guess is either this guy is going to get on board or get thrown off the boat. Either way - a win win situation. :D

And it isn't that he has more "authority". It is that he knows people in the campaign - so he has their ear. If you REALLY want this rally to come off - please sign the petition. Your signature is needed.

Captain Shays
09-11-2007, 11:43 AM
Cut it out! George is a good guy who wants to do as much as we all do. He did help inspire us to raise more money during the fund drive. Yeah we all did it but he helped. He ain't some boogy man. Cut the guy a break. We need him and everyone who wants to help get our candidate elected. Lets make peace with him, with eachother. Lets get the show on the road!

Hey Sematary. Don't worry about getting 5,000 signatures. Have you forgotten? We're expert spammers of all online polls. All we need is five guys to vote 1,000 times each. No prob.

Sematary
09-11-2007, 11:46 AM
Cut it out! George is a good guy who wants to do as much as we all do. He did help inspire us to raise more money during the fund drive. Yeah we all did it but he helped. He ain't some boogy man. Cut the guy a break. We need him and everyone who wants to help get our candidate elected. Lets make peace with him, with eachother. Lets get the show on the road!

Hey Sematary. Don't worry about getting 5,000 signatures. Have you forgotten? We're expert spammers of all online polls. All we need is five guys to vote 1,000 times each. No prob.

George may or may not be a good guy. He seemed ok when I spoke to him - but he IS holding up this Rally.

maggiebott
09-11-2007, 11:46 AM
Please continue...how much did he pay to have this authority since it's news to me. If I pay enough money, will someone authorize me to do lazer surgery?

He is a nobody if he isn't directly working for Ron Paul's committee and on his payroll. Appears we have to many gassed up chiefs and not enough indians.

mdh
09-11-2007, 11:48 AM
Please continue...how much did he pay to have this authority since it's news to me. If I pay enough money, will someone authorize me to do lazer surgery?

He is a nobody if he isn't directly working for Ron Paul's committee and on his payroll. Appears we have to many gassed up chiefs and not enough indians.

It's like $19 per month.

Go to http://ronpaul.meetup.com/ and click on start your own group. You, too, can have the POWER. :rolleyes:

tmg19103
09-11-2007, 11:50 AM

It was a mass fundraising effort by numerous Philly area MeetUps with the Greater Philly MeetUp Asst. Organizers doing agreat deal of the work as the Organizer was out of the country. He has no right to take credit. The credit belongs to EVERYBODY who contributed. This is a common cause, not a dictatorship.

Where he gets the authority to "fire" people and delete them from the MeetUp is because he started the MeetUp. You ask me, that flies in the face of democratic principle, fairness, respect for others, and the whole purpose of a grassroots campaign where the purpose is to work TOGETHER to help get RP elected while having FUN, even if we have differences.

You don't want to turn off Ron Paul supporters. You want them to embrace the grassroots efforts, but I personally don't see that with the Philly Organizer.

mdh
09-11-2007, 11:53 AM
So is this Philadelphia meetup organizer guy with the "Clifton Coalition" group or not? I saw someone mention this, but is it substantiated or was it just said tongue-in-cheek?

Sematary
09-11-2007, 11:53 AM
Sign the petition:

Keep it going folks. I have to leave soon for Boston (next half hour or so) to do a literature distro at Fenway Park. Let's make this puppy ROCK!

Captain Shays
09-11-2007, 11:59 AM
OK,

This is what I'm saying. There's a lot of bad mouthing going on here. If it continues it might discourage him and or drive him away.

I'll tell you guys, what I told him. We're all on the same team. Let's not beat down a brother who is obviously fired up for the same cause that we are.

We all have egos to deal with in the same way or different ways. We all get out of control from time to time. Give the guy a chance to make amends and get on board with Nov 10. We need all the able souls that was can garnish. Lets not drive him away.

All this hot headed ego shit is so un-cool and counter productive.

maggiebott
09-11-2007, 12:00 PM
So 19 bucks a month gives someone the authority to take over an entire group and control it? Seems like a cheap price to pay if you were onboard with Clinton or any CFR supporter. I am speechless to find that 19 feckin dollars can take a nobody and make him somebody.

Spirit of '76
09-11-2007, 12:01 PM
So 19 bucks a month gives someone the authority to take over an entire group and control it? Seems like a cheap price to pay if you were onboard with Clinton or any CFR supporter. I am speechless to find that 19 feckin dollars can take a nobody and make him somebody.

Please, most of the people who have paid out of pocket to setup a meetup group as an organizing tool in their areas are good people who simply want to see Ron Paul win this thing.

Lets not disparage all the good meetup organizers out there.

Sematary
09-11-2007, 12:02 PM
OK,

This is what I'm saying. There's a lot of bad mouthing going on here. If it continues it might discourage him and or drive him away.

I'll tell you guys, what I told him. We're all on the same team. Let's not beat down a brother who is obviously fired up for the same cause that we are.

We all have egos to deal with in the same way or different ways. We all get out of control from time to time. Give the guy a chance to make amends and get on board with Nov 10. We need all the able souls that was can garnish. Lets not drive him away.

His assistants are meeting with him today sometime, from what I understand. This will be his opportunity to get in tune with his group or have them desert him.

Sematary
140 down - 4,860 to go (minimally).

tmg19103
So is this Philadelphia meetup organizer guy with the "Clifton Coalition" group or not? I saw someone mention this, but is it substantiated or was it just said tongue-in-cheek?

His email signature has "PA State Coordinator- Paul for President Coalition".

My understanding is that it is the same thing, just a new name. That "organization" keeps changing names when people get on to them.

Somebody correct me if I am wrong.

mdh
09-11-2007, 12:05 PM
So 19 bucks a month gives someone the authority to take over an entire group and control it? Seems like a cheap price to pay if you were onboard with Clifton (fixed) or any CFR supporter. I am speechless to find that 19 feckin dollars can take a nobody and make him somebody.

You know, it's kind of funny... This is why I tend to hate arbitrary authority structures. Indeed, infiltration via meetup.com is a trivial matter. Yes, $19/month gives someone the authority to be in control of a meetup group.

mdh
09-11-2007, 12:06 PM

My understanding is that it is the same thing, just a new name. That "organization" keeps changing names when people get on to them.

I have received several PM's now, all confirming that the Philadelphia meetup fuehrer is indeed a part of the Clifton Coalition group.

tmg19103
09-11-2007, 12:08 PM
OK,

OK, I'll back off until tomorrow and I get feedback from what happens with the Philly MeetUp Asst. Organizers. George may well be left as the sole person in his MeetUp if he does not come around. Not only did I tell the guy I would work with him, but I kow-towed to him and offered to give him top billing, so to speak, even after all the efforts of Sematary and I, and he still sought to blow the whole thing up.

Still, my goal is for ALL of us to work together in Philly, and across the country to get RP elected.

Spirit of '76
09-11-2007, 12:09 PM

You are correct.

mdh
09-11-2007, 12:10 PM
In the interests of not derailing this thread with the Clifton Coalition stuff, please use http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=17387

Captain Shays
09-11-2007, 12:33 PM
OK, I'll back off until tomorrow and I get feedback from what happens with the Philly MeetUp Asst. Organizers. George may well be left as the sole person in his MeetUp if he does not come around. Not only did I tell the guy I would work with him, but I kow-towed to him and offered to give him top billing, so to speak, even after all the efforts of Sematary and I, and he still sought to blow the whole thing up.

Still, my goal is for ALL of us to work together in Philly, and across the country to get RP elected.

I know that to be true and I applaud you guys for doing that. He may just yet come around. Lets give him a chance. He's really a good guy.

Sematary
09-11-2007, 12:45 PM
I know that to be true and I applaud you guys for doing that. He may just yet come around. Lets give him a chance. He's really a good guy.

In the meantime, it won't hurt to get this petition done.
Keep on signing, folks.
I'm off to Boston. Keep up the good fight.

Nefertiti
09-11-2007, 12:49 PM

This is an issue we have discussed here in Chicago regarding our rally in 2 weeks. For us it is not so much an issue of indoors/outdoors but where can we hold it that might also attract the attention of passers-by? For us that includes both kinds of venues-because one indoor venue is at what is a big tourist attraction.

Nefertiti
09-11-2007, 12:53 PM
He has authority because he paid meetup.com to start the group. He has authority to add/remove co-coordinator powers from any member. Seriously, this is why I don't like the arbitrary authority structure that meetup.com imposes.

That could be a sticky issue in terms of the fact that the campaign has made a promise to a group that he OWNS. It is his right to claim it.

No offense to those in Philly, but none of this would have happened if you guys hadn't worked your asses off to raise money to get RP to give you guys a rally. It would have been better off going to another city because we already had this rally in the works and that way he would have gotten maximum exposure. Now I think we are in a situation where there is an obligation to a group that is about to implode and that could jeopardize the hard work that has already been put into the grassroots rally. Since you knew the one given by RP was going to be paid for by the official campaign, basically what you were looking for was two rallies, which is really inefficient in terms of spreading the message.

specsaregood
09-11-2007, 01:01 PM
//

Cowlesy
09-11-2007, 01:10 PM
Move over rationality and common sense, it's time to spin off the planet.

tmg19103
09-11-2007, 01:11 PM
That could be a sticky issue in terms of the fact that the campaign has made a promise to a group that he OWNS. It is his right to claim it.

No offense to those in Philly, but none of this would have happened if you guys hadn't worked your asses off to raise money to get RP to give you guys a rally. It would have been better off going to another city because we already had this rally in the works and that way he would have gotten maximum exposure. Now I think we are in a situation where there is an obligation to a group that is about to implode and that could jeopardize the hard work that has already been put into the grassroots rally. Since you knew the one given by RP was going to be paid for by the official campaign, basically what you were looking for was two rallies, which is really inefficient in terms of spreading the message.

My understanding is that winning the fundraising contest has nothing to do with a rally by the campaign itself - paid or otherwise. The winning MeetUp(s) just get an in person visit from Ron Paul. Could be a get together at a restaurant. If it is just the MeetUp people, than it would be a quiet couple hundred person meeting or "rally".

Now, that could be turned into a big rally, and for that reason the big Philly Rally that is already in the works makes perfect sense because RP has an obligation to be in Philly for the MeetUp winning the fundraising competition.

Otherwise, RP may never had made an offical stop with a big rally in Philly, and if he did, a short notice rally would not have been that big of a deal.

This got started on this forum as a HUGE Ron Paul rally in either Philly or D.C. to attract thousands, and Philly own out on the voting on this board.

tmg19103
09-11-2007, 01:16 PM
Not to wear out my tinfoil hat, but maybe that was the point. They knew about the rally and figured out a great way to derail it. But this rally will not stopped by such petty stuff.

Interesting point. I'm not a Truther or a big conspiracy person, but if one were to believe the point of the Clifton/Paul for President Coalition is to derail the campaign - and specifically to mess up the MeetUps, you have a point.

Not saying that is the case, but it makes an interesting point.

noxagol
09-11-2007, 01:18 PM
Who the hell is the Clifton Coalition?

Cowlesy
09-11-2007, 01:24 PM
In the interests of not derailing this thread with the Clifton Coalition stuff, please use http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=17387

Who the hell is the Clifton Coalition?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=17387

noxagol
09-11-2007, 01:25 PM
Yeah I asked there too no response yet.

max
09-11-2007, 01:34 PM
Philly organizer is associated with Dr. Tom Stevens crowd. Stevens ran a gey teen sex Meetup...was once arrested on solicitation of murder charges...and appeared on Nationl TV to undermine the Ros Perot movement that he had been an important player in..

Philly organizer knows this but doesnt care...He still works with these characters

tmg19103
09-11-2007, 02:04 PM
Yeah I asked there too no response yet.

This is a long thread that goes into quite a bit of detail about a lot of characters.

Turns out Anita Andrews is cool - she is with the official Ron paul campaign and is looking to help the MeetUps in a positive way.

Decide for yourself from what the post says in regards to the other characters. At the very least, I believe they undermine the spirit and self-motivation that comes with people working together as a team in a true grassroots camapign. As for the other stuff mentioned, read into it what you will.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=14827&highlight=clifton+coalition

thomj76
09-11-2007, 02:08 PM
thread too log :),

Why do you need his support anyway? Local Philly people unite!!! Support this Rally. You could also use "eventful" to request the event.

Metalstonewood@yahoo.com
09-11-2007, 02:13 PM
THE NOVEMBER 10th RALLY IN PHILLY ON THE MALL MUST HAPPEN, ALL CORE MEMBERS OF GPRPPC ARE 110% BEHIND THE NOV.10th RALLY EXCEPT GEORGE FEESER AND MEGAN.THIS RALLY MUST BE DONE PERIOD! JAY PARKER GPRPPC

McDermit
09-11-2007, 02:15 PM
Yay for Jay. :D

Metalstonewood@yahoo.com
09-11-2007, 02:26 PM
ALL OF THE CORE MEMBERS OF GPRPPC ARE BEHIND THE NOV.10th RALLY AND HAVE MADE PUBLIC STATEMENTS OF SUPPORT.THE ONLY ONES OF THE GROUP THAT HAVE NOT MADE STATEMENTS OF SUPPORT FOR THE NOV.10th RALLY ARE GEORGE FEESER AND MEGAN ,I HOPE TO SEE THEM JOIN WITH US SOON . THANK YOU ALL GO RON PAUL !!! JAY PARKER GPRPPC

tmg19103
09-11-2007, 02:26 PM
THE NOVEMBER 10th RALLY IN PHILLY ON THE MALL MUST HAPPEN, ALL CORE MEMBERS OF GPRPPC ARE 110% BEHIND THE NOV.10th RALLY EXCEPT GEORGE FEESER AND MEGAN.THIS RALLY MUST BE DONE PERIOD! JAY PARKER GPRPPC

Thanks Jay! Appreciate everything that you, the other Asst. Organizers and members of the Greater Philly MeetUp are doing to set things straight.

abstrusezincate
09-11-2007, 02:33 PM
Okay, I had a chance to speak with the assistant organizers in Philadelphia, and they will be speaking with George to help make this work in a positive way. I know everyone wants to make this work, and despite the many things being said on here, I believe all are good people and want it to work. There have been breakdowns in communication.

Also, since you asked TMG, I am not a member of the Clifton Coalition. Originally, I had joined that group when this campaign started because I did not know much about them. Upon learning more, I first became entirely inactive and then I resigned. I have my own reservations about them, but this is hardly the place for those.

My hope is that this will be settled and everyone will be on the same page, soon.

tmg19103
09-11-2007, 02:37 PM
Okay, I had a chance to speak with the assistant organizers in Philadelphia, and they will be speaking with George to help make this work in a positive way. I know everyone wants to make this work, and despite the many things being said on here, I believe all are good people and want it to work. There have been breakdowns in communication.

Also, since you asked TMG, I am not a member of the Clifton Coalition. Originally, I had joined that group when this campaign started because I did not know much about them. Upon learning more, I first became entirely inactive and then I resigned. I have my own reservations about them, but this is hardly the place for those.

My hope is that this will be settled and everyone will be on the same page, soon.

Tom,

Greatly appreciate your input and help.

Glad you jumped the Clifton/Paul for Presdient Coalition ship!

skiingff
09-11-2007, 03:23 PM
Sign the petition

This has nothing to do with anything but saving the Philadelphia rally on Veterans Day.

skiingff
09-11-2007, 03:29 PM
I sent this letter to 15 members of the Phili Meetup.

Here is the letter, very simple:

Dear Philadelphia Meetup member,

Due to miscommunication between your group organizer and assistant organizers, the group organizer is hesitant to sign on to the Philadelphia rally on Veterans Day, which has been planned for over a month, and $1000s of dollars + lots of time have been invested into it. Stuff has already been booked, and money spent. PLEASE HELP SAVE THE RALLY!!! Sign the petition below!!!

Thanks!

njjack
09-11-2007, 03:48 PM

Yes that is correct, these people are working against grassroots efforts, there is enough history if you research them to prove this, examples in NYC, Northern NJ and now Philly. Stay vigiliant!

tmg19103
09-11-2007, 03:49 PM
I will personally shoot an e-mail to EVERY member of the Phili Meetup group right now asking them to save the rally.

Here is the letter, very simple:

Awesome! It would appear every Philly MeetUp Member and Asst. Organizer is for this except one Asst. Organizer and the Organizer.

They offered no, zero, zip, nada reason for rejecting the Nov. 10 Philly Rally in an Asst. Organizer meeting the other night. They basically just over-ruled the whole Philly MeetUp with no explanation.

inibo
09-11-2007, 03:51 PM
I'm just about ready to head home from work. I have a cent or two to throw in on this, but for now I'll just let my signature cover the main points.

skiingff
09-11-2007, 03:52 PM
Awesome! It would appear every Philly MeetUp Member and Asst. Organizer is for this except one Asst. Organizer and the Organizer.

They offered no, zero, zip, nada reason for rejecting the Nov. 10 Philly Rally in an Asst. Organizer meeting the other night. They basically just over-ruled the whole Philly MeetUp with no explanation.

Ok, I sent it out to 15 members, and will do another 15 or so later...

Everyone needs to join the Philadelphia Meetup group and e-mail at least 12 members and raise hell about this!

So you guys get it done!

njjack
09-11-2007, 04:49 PM
Ok, I sent it out to 15 members, and will do another 15 or so later...

Everyone needs to join the Philadelphia Meetup group and e-mail at least 12 members and raise hell about this!

So you guys get it done!

Not just the Philly group, we need to let the entire region know whats going on, connect with neighboring meetups.