PDA

View Full Version : Dear U.S. Troops....

ourlongroad
12-22-2008, 11:21 AM
Please come home!

Please come home and help us defend our great nation from
our enemies who occupy our government and major institutions.

Please come home, as we are under attack from within.

These occupiers are attacking us, they are shredding our Constitution,
crashing our economy and stealing our wealth, they've stolen the
industry that our parents built and moved it to China, they are poisoning
our water and food, injecting us with vaccines laced with toxins, and
drugging our children while educating them with lies.

Now, after having closed all of our domestic military bases down in the
1990's, they are developing small special military units designed to
attack us with force. While many of us own small arms fire, this is no
match to the sophisticated networked weaponry and technologies
that they have at their disposal. We need trained forces with equal
fire power and technological sophistication.

This is no joke any longer. Only the highly indoctrinated and drugged
fail to see what is in front of all of our eyes, which unfortunately, are
many.

Please come home from the other side of the world, we have no fight
with the people there, we never did. Our fight is with the usurpers at
home, who sent you away so as to render our homeland defenseless.

Please come home, for we are no longer fighting for our Constitution,
but we are fighting for the very survival of humanity itself.

[Please feel free to distribute]

phill4paul
12-22-2008, 11:39 AM
Dear Civilian,

We would love to come home. Have been wanting to for years. We are sick and tired of seeing buddies die in a gawd forsaken sh*thole.

Where were you during the primaries? Where were you when you had a chance to vote on an anti-imperialist, bring the troops home and stop acting like we need to police the world candidate?

We'd love to help you, but it is a long damn swim.

Maximilian American
12-22-2008, 01:08 PM
I did and still do everything in my power to get you brothers and sisters back home.

SeanEdwards
12-22-2008, 02:47 PM
Stop praying for a military coup. This is America, not some fucking third world banana republic.

Anti Federalist
12-22-2008, 02:57 PM
Stop praying for a military coup. This is America, not some fucking third world banana republic.

Snap out of it man, the coup already happened, 22 November 1963.

Not a third world banana republic? Where the fuck have you been?

Unconstitutional military actions, massive electoral corruption, a fiat currency set to inflate in the manner of Zimbabwe, infrastructure falling down into rivers, FFS I could on and on, and you know it.

This is why we fail.

Even amongst those who should know better, like neocons cheerleading Bush for eight years and now pissing and moaning when an Obama comes along and gets his hands on the power they set up, the denial of what is happening right before our fucking eyes will be our undoing.

Bodhi
12-22-2008, 03:51 PM
I believe many men and women who serve in the Armed Forces have been let down by the American people. Those in the military do not get to choose the war that they fight, they have raised their right hand to defend the constitution and follow the orders of the officers over them. It is the American people that need to keep the politicians in check and make sure our men and women do not have to serve in an unjust war. Those in the military have already agreed to risk their life to defend our way of life, we should be more careful not to put them in harms for the wrong reasons.

nobody's_hero
12-22-2008, 05:46 PM
We actually tried voting to stop this war.

Remember the 2006 Democratic take-over of Congress?

IVAW knows all about political "anti-war" promises.

(I still say the only way to end the war is for the troops to just stop fighting.)

mediahasyou
12-23-2008, 02:51 PM
The people of the world are fighting against evolution when trying to achieve peace.

For men have always felt the need to display their dominance. Those men use war as a legitimate way to dominate.

libertarian4321
12-23-2008, 03:32 PM
Now, after having closed all of our domestic military bases down in the
1990's,

Not even close, we have tons of domestic military bases. There are 3 major US domestic military bases in my city alone (and 3 smaller ones).

they are developing small special military units designed to
attack us with force.

Even if you believe this (I don't), where do you think those "special military units" are going to come from? Yup, that's right, the same soldiers you are calling upon to "save us."

While many of us own small arms fire, this is no
match to the sophisticated networked weaponry and technologies
that they have at their disposal. We need trained forces with equal
fire power and technological sophistication.

If small arms couldn't compete with military might, we would have "won" in Iraq years ago, and we would have won in Vietnam, too. Guerrillas with small arms and ingenuity have proven the match of the most powerful armies in the world on many occasions.

Tanks, aircraft carriers, and bombers aren't very effective against guerrilla tactics (something some of our military leaders still haven't figured out).

tremendoustie
12-23-2008, 03:51 PM
We actually tried voting to stop this war.

Remember the 2006 Democratic take-over of Congress?

IVAW knows all about political "anti-war" promises.

(I still say the only way to end the war is for the troops to just stop fighting.)

Yes, I agree. We all should do anything and everything we can. If I were a soldier, that would mean to just stop fighting, and taking the fallout (brig or whatever).

Soldiers are right to criticize how the american public, and politicians have mismanaged the military, but in the end, it is one's own choice whether or not to go to war.

If I considered the taking of a particular life immoral, no amount of votes or commanders or politicians would be able to make me pull the trigger. At least, I hope it would not, I have not been in that situation.

libertarian4321
12-23-2008, 03:56 PM
If I considered the taking of a particular life immoral, no amount of votes or commanders or politicians would be able to make me pull the trigger. At least, I hope it would not, I have not been in that situation.

Most often, soldiers don't pull the trigger for politicians or commanders or a desire to kill, they do it to save their own lives, or those of their comrades.

tremendoustie
12-23-2008, 04:05 PM
Most often, soldiers don't pull the trigger for politicians or commanders or a desire to kill, they do it to save their own lives, or those of their comrades.

That is understandable. In that case, I hope I would refuse to enter the field of battle at all, by submitting to arrest, or going AWOL. I am not a coward, I really am not afraid of dying, and if the cause were just, I believe (as much as I can, not having been there), that I would gladly die for it or my friends.

To endure prison, or anything else, to avoid participating in an immoral operation, is not cowardice, it is bravery. Often it is a very great act of bravery to resist social pressure, and risk derision, in order to do what is right. A coward is one who sacrifices principles for personal gain, or to avoid personal loss. That is my honest opinion.

Ex Post Facto
12-23-2008, 04:51 PM
That is understandable. In that case, I hope I would refuse to enter the field of battle at all, by submitting to arrest, or going AWOL. I am not a coward, I really am not afraid of dying, and if the cause were just, I believe (as much as I can, not having been there), that I would gladly die for it or my friends.

To endure prison, or anything else, to avoid participating in an immoral operation, is not cowardice, it is bravery. Often it is a very great act of bravery to resist social pressure, and risk derision, in order to do what is right. A coward is one who sacrifices principles for personal gain, or to avoid personal loss. That is my honest opinion.

I tend to agree. Let's put it this way. Suppose troops were overran by an enemy and they chose to wave the white flag in surrender. They are taken as POW, and released at a later time...wouldn't they still be considered hero's? One does not have to sacrifice his life to be a hero. Standing in principle and honor, has the same effect. It is through a free-will choice. At least that is my opinion.

dannno
12-23-2008, 05:30 PM
libertarian4321, why are you always wrong?

I mean, right off the bat, didn't you know about the swath of domestic military base closures in the 90s? Yet we kept our overseas empire... That was the whole point, and it was very well taken.

libertarian4321
12-24-2008, 12:14 AM
libertarian4321, why are you always wrong?

I mean, right off the bat, didn't you know about the swath of domestic military base closures in the 90s? Yet we kept our overseas empire... That was the whole point, and it was very well taken.

I'm not wrong. You are. I'll explain why.

First off, let me start by saying that I've spend 27 years in the military, active and reserves.

In my civilian job, I help close BRAC (Base Realignment and Closure) bases (those are the ones on the closure lists)- I've been involved with closure of probably over half the BRAC bases in one way or another.

Because we closed SOME bases, it does not mean that we have "no domestic bases". We still have a LOT of domestic bases.

On top of that, a good percentage of the "closed" bases still have a military presence- though typically they exchanged active units for Guard or Reserves.

We currently have approximately 200 military bases in the USA- all services, large and small (that doesn't include small Guard and Reserve training centers, of which there are hundreds all over the country). That's less than we had 20 years ago, but they certainly aren't "all gone."

After the cold war, the military was reduced in size. There was no need for all those bases, so some were closed down. Not a big deal unless you happen to live in a town that used to rely on one of those closed bases. Frankly, having less (but larger) bases is more economical than what we had before.