PDA

View Full Version : Rice: Obama to follow Bush foreign policy

Lucille
12-22-2008, 09:09 AM
How do you like your Change™ now, America?

Rice: Obama to follow Bush foreign policy (http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/99a2e8b6-cfa7-11dd-abf9-000077b07658.html)

sevin
12-22-2008, 06:06 PM
How do you like your Change™ now, America?

lolz

torchbearer
12-22-2008, 06:09 PM
I don't think I like this change.

http://users.pullman.com/fjstevens/tokens/cec/CECimages/1982short_whiskers.JPG

Catatonic
12-22-2008, 06:12 PM
Bleh.

Rice is basically saying its because of actions taken during the Bush administration. So O-bots will just blame it on Bush.

Yes we can quickly becomes "It's Bush's fault".

RonPaulR3VOLUTION
12-22-2008, 06:22 PM
This has been Obama's position for a very long time. People just assumed he was anti-war -- he wasn't going to correct them and lose votes.

Obama: Expand the wars -- starting with Pakistan
"The first step must be getting off the wrong battlefield in Iraq, and taking the fight to the terrorists in Afghanistan and Pakistan."

"So the second step in my strategy will be to build our capacity and our partnerships to track down, capture or kill terrorists around the world."

"... take down terrorist networks from the remote islands of Indonesia, to the sprawling cities of Africa."

http://www.barackobama.com/2007/08/01/the_war_we_need_to_win.php

The only way Obama is going to be for less war than Bush is if Obama can't fund his military adventures.

scandinaviany3
12-23-2008, 12:19 AM
that is plumb scary...

no one ready anything apparently...yikes..as usual

Jeremy
12-23-2008, 12:20 AM
o = w = wtf

american.swan
12-23-2008, 12:35 AM
This "news" shouldn't surprise anyone.

I always thought the "We Want Change" everyone was chanting about had more to do with dimes, nickles, and pennies.

tonesforjonesbones
12-23-2008, 12:39 AM
Well, that video with Tarpley on Rense said it all..and the obama bots are already apologizing for him. I get this "Why don't you give him a chance?"..my response "You are supposed to decide on this BEFORE you vote for him..not after". Obama is an illegal immigrant..and a corrupt guy. Status quo...but you can't get those obama shills to admit it..not at all. tones

The Grinning Maniac
12-26-2008, 07:25 PM
Living in Detroit, everything after January is going to be high comedy.

And yes, the people who voted for him (especially black people, I'm sorry to say) will apologize for him no matter what. Just like the neocons and "love it or leave it" fake patriots did for Bush. The worst part is they won't get the joke.

I lost count of how many huge "Obama/Vote" signs were plastered around my barber shop last week. This election is like the niave girl dating the head of the football team and thinking it's going to be a whirlwind romance. Rude awakenings ahead, brothers and sisters. It feels like giving up, but for the moment, I've stopped talking politics with friends/family. It's been like bashing my head against a wall. I made a dent possibly...but man, I need a rest and a drink.

Tatsit
12-26-2008, 09:44 PM
Living in Detroit, everything after January is going to be high comedy.

And yes, the people who voted for him (especially black people, I'm sorry to say) will apologize for him no matter what. Just like the neocons and "love it or leave it" fake patriots did for Bush. The worst part is they won't get the joke.

I lost count of how many huge "Obama/Vote" signs were plastered around my barber shop last week. This election is like the niave girl dating the head of the football team and thinking it's going to be a whirlwind romance. Rude awakenings ahead, brothers and sisters. It feels like giving up, but for the moment, I've stopped talking politics with friends/family. It's been like bashing my head against a wall. I made a dent possibly...but man, I need a rest and a drink.

A break is good, I go for a couple of weeks, and then take a week off - because if you keep stressing your self out you will give your self a heart attack or lots of gray hairs!

:D