PDA

View Full Version : Lincoln's Unconstitutional Actions - Books?

Patriot123
12-21-2008, 09:53 PM
I'm doing a paper on Lincolns unconstitutional actions during and after the Civil War for a class, and I was curious if anyone might know of any good sources - mainly being books, which I could look into for this topic? They have to be scholarly and respectable, but if anyone might know of any that they could share, that would be great. Thanks.

slothman
12-21-2008, 10:05 PM
I don' have any books but is nice to see someone else know that Lincoln is bad.
IMHO he is the only pres. worse than Bush jr.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
12-21-2008, 10:41 PM
you can try "lincoln unmasked" and "the real lincoln" by Thomas DiLorenzo. You can also read "The south was right" by the Kennedy brothers. There are a ton of books out there related to this subject but those three come to mind first.

RSLudlum
12-21-2008, 10:53 PM
Dilorenzo.

Read his Lincoln books, and then go after the sources he cites.

Matt Collins
12-22-2008, 12:44 AM
DiL has good books (I have never read).

You need to look at all 3 books by Judge Andrew Napolitano; he discusses different aspects of Lincoln in these. Also check out Politically Incorrect Guide to The Constitution (by Gutzman) and to The Civil War. Just search www.Amazon.com for them.

Angio333
02-09-2009, 02:44 PM
The book called "Constitution In Exile" has a chapter about Lincoln's unconstitutional actions.

Matt Collins
02-09-2009, 03:47 PM
The book called "Constitution In Exile" has a chapter about Lincoln's unconstitutional actions.LOL. He calls it "Dishonest Abe"

nate895
02-09-2009, 05:17 PM
You need to look at all 3 books by Judge Andrew Napolitano; he discusses different aspects of Lincoln in these. Also check out Politically Incorrect Guide to The Constitution (by Gutzman) and to The Civil War. Just search www.Amazon.com for them.

P.I.G. to the South and American History (by our own Thomas E. Woods) are much better as far as secession and Lincoln. The P.I.G. to the Civil War actually goes out its way to attack libertarians at the end.

Edit: I wouldn't cite either source, but instead use it to find other sources.

Matt Collins
02-09-2009, 05:55 PM
The P.I.G. to the Civil War actually goes out its way to attack libertarians at the endReally? That's disappointing. I've got it sitting on my table waiting for me to read.

nate895
02-09-2009, 06:26 PM
Really? That's disappointing. I've got it sitting on my table waiting for me to read.

From the bottom of Page 335, under the heading "Confederate Cuba? Si!" BTW, if translated into English means "if," when he meant to say "sí" or "yes." The sentence reads:

Still, some folks of a peculiar ideological stripe (paleo-libertarians, they're likely to be called) would have you think that if the South had won the war, Indians and Confederates would have rubbed along amicably even after: the Indians hunting buffalo on the plains; Confederate statesmen elucidating on the finer points of laissez faire.

He then goes on to explain how the South would have basically fought to found an empire, and enlists Jefferson as one of his allies in this argument.