PDA

View Full Version : Awwww.... we made Senator John Warner mad!

ladyjade3
12-21-2008, 05:15 PM
http://www.timesdispatch.com/rtd/news/state_regional/state_regional_govtpolitics/article/JWAR21_20081220-211318/159097/

lol @ this:

"Warner thinks the Republican Party in Virginia, which he helped build, is substituting rigidity for independent thinking.

"I would have to say that I'm deeply concerned, indeed sad, about the Republican Party of Virginia," he said.

A year ago, when he knew he was not going to seek re-election, Warner said he donated $2,000 to the Republican Party of Virginia to help defray the costs of a luncheon and straw poll at the party's annual Advance in Arlington.

"Guess who they elected? Ron Paul. That was the worst investment of several thousand dollars I ever made."

Paul is a conservative Libertarian congressman from Texas who unsuccessfully sought the GOP nomination for president this year."

I was there. It was such a proud moment for us. :)

Jeremy
12-21-2008, 05:23 PM
hehe

But uh oh... is this one of those things where they don't know the difference between a Libertarian and a libertarian?

"Paul is a conservative Libertarian congressman from Texas who unsuccessfully sought the GOP nomination for president this year."

Kludge
12-21-2008, 05:32 PM
But uh oh... is this one of those things where they don't know the difference between a Libertarian and a libertarian?

Either that or they're incredibly stupid and only looked at his presidential run as a Libertarian without actually researching him.

(Thanks for sharing)

liberteebell
12-21-2008, 05:35 PM
http://www.timesdispatch.com/rtd/news/state_regional/state_regional_govtpolitics/article/JWAR21_20081220-211318/159097/

lol @ this:

"Warner thinks the Republican Party in Virginia, which he helped build, is substituting rigidity for independent thinking.

"I would have to say that I'm deeply concerned, indeed sad, about the Republican Party of Virginia," he said.

A year ago, when he knew he was not going to seek re-election, Warner said he donated $2,000 to the Republican Party of Virginia to help defray the costs of a luncheon and straw poll at the party's annual Advance in Arlington.

"Guess who they elected? Ron Paul. That was the worst investment of several thousand dollars I ever made."

Paul is a conservative Libertarian congressman from Texas who unsuccessfully sought the GOP nomination for president this year."

I was there. It was such a proud moment for us. :)

Thank you for this!!! Anything to make Liz Taylor's ex mad :D:cool:

I was there too, it WAS a proud and thrilling moment!!! The whole party was mad at us that day. :cool:

Chester Copperpot
12-21-2008, 05:45 PM
what a douchebag... he claims the virginia republicans had no "independent thinking" because they elected Ron Paul and not the usual party hack... what an asshole.

no wonder the john warner defense authorization act is unconstitutional.. hes an asshole

liberteebell
12-21-2008, 05:47 PM
what a douchebag... he claims the virginia republicans had no "independent thinking" because they elected Ron Paul and not the usual party hack... what an asshole.

no wonder the john warner defense authorization act is unconstitutional.. hes an asshole

+2008

I can't stand the arrogant jerk. Good riddance!!!

kathy88
12-21-2008, 05:52 PM
Waste of money to vote for someone who makes sense, obviously.

RonPaulFanInGA
12-21-2008, 06:58 PM
What a jackass. It was a straw poll. What, were they supposed to vote for only whomever Sen. John Warner wanted just because he donated some chump change (for a politician's campaign chest) to the event? Geez. Who'd he want to win anyways? Almost certainly John McCain.

RSLudlum
12-21-2008, 07:10 PM
Now we definitely know his votes go where the money leads him.

devil21
12-21-2008, 11:08 PM
I tend to ignore blatant warmongers that have defense bills named after them and that represent police states like VA.

RP4EVER
12-21-2008, 11:40 PM
The fact that VA is a police state makes finding candidates for this years State Rep election so much more important.