PDA

View Full Version : Screw Google AND help Liberty! Input Needed!

JVParkour
12-21-2008, 04:50 PM
A few weeks ago, I saw a thread about using various Google alternatives, to shy away from all the search monitoring and privacy issues etc (though this is only an added benefit of my idea, and not the primary function or purpose). That got me thinking, and I think that the idea I have come up with has A LOT of potential.

This is the essential plan.

-www.goodsearch.com. This website donates about one cent per search to the charity or non profit of your choice.

-We get Campaign for Liberty, Young Americans for Liberty, or another non-profit organization of key importance to register on the site.

-We (all Ron Paul Supporters and Freedom Lovers) as a massive group, begin to strickly use goodsearch and shun google.

For example, if three thousand people searched twice a day for a year, that would make almost 23 thousand dollars:eek:! I know that we ron paul supporters own the internet, so I am assuming more than 2 searches per day would be made, and hopefully more than three thousand people...

If this works, the money could be used for a nationwide billboard campaign, promoting endthefed, C4L, YAL, Ron Paul, general education of the public etc. Or it could be distributed among freedom lovers to spend on flyers, slim jims, ect.

I have contacted YAL, but they have not gotten back to me. If they don't work out, what other potential organizations could this benefit? (I think it is important that we only focus on one main one...)

Let me know!!!
JVParkour

Andrew-Austin
12-21-2008, 04:57 PM
http://www.scroogle.org/cgi-bin/scraper.htm

I use this search all the time, actually have it as a home page since I search around so often.

Gives you the same results as google without having to worry about privacy issues. Also has those anti-google propaganda pics.

ClayTrainor
12-21-2008, 04:59 PM
You know, i buy alot of Ads from Google and they are a large source of my income.

Sometimes it feels Immoral in light of some of their policies, but that's really where the money is. Google is a word in the dictionary now, it's gonna be hard to challenge their established power unless someone develops something really, really badass.

I always try to advertise on smaller search engines, and have had success on Yahoo and MSN but, Google is hands down the #1 place to get exposure online, no question about it.

I personally have no serious problems with the way Google operates, YET, but would like to see some better legitimate competition for them. I don't think Yahoo is very good, and live is getting better but google is still #1.

I see Goodsearch is powered by yahoo, which means i probably wont use it as a business tool, It's just not my preference.

I'm not 100% sure but are you sure www.goodsearch.com isn't just trying to capitalize a little bit, in any way? Y .01 per search is a bogus number, they need people to click ads to generate any sort of revenue.

Have you checked out their profit system? If it really is mostly going to charity then perhaps it is a good idea, and perhaps i should advertise with them if you guys are gonna use 'em :cool:

JVParkour
12-21-2008, 05:06 PM
The idea of screwing Google is only a secondary reason...making money using this was the primary goal.

"Fifty percent of the revenue generated from advertisers is shared with the charity, school or nonprofit organization of your choosing. "

"Search engines make most of their money from companies that pay an advertising fee when users click on links during a search. At GoodSearch, we've developed a patent-pending way to track and direct these search-generated proceeds to charities. In other words, a portion of advertiser dollars (and not your own!) earned as a result of your search, are now passed along to the organization you've chosen to support."

"We direct a minimum of 50 percent of revenues (this currently equates to about a penny per search) to the nonprofits designated by our audience."

TastyWheat
12-21-2008, 11:49 PM
I'm willing to use GoodSearch if we can get donations going to the CFL or individual branches or YAL groups. CATO is on there so I'll donate to them until a more activist group is available.

NYgs23
12-22-2008, 09:50 AM
CATO is on there so I'll donate to them until a more activist group is available.

The Mises Institute is on there and they're more radical than Cato.

Elwar
12-22-2008, 10:03 AM
CATO is on there so I'll donate to them until a more activist group is available.

Cato is no longer a libertarian think tank since Rupert Murdoch took over.

Cato is "libertarian" like Bob Barr is "libertarian".

Mahkato
07-09-2009, 08:03 AM
I'd be more inclined to use this if we could actually see the checks they were cutting to C4L.

garyallen59
07-09-2009, 08:27 AM
my church uses goodsearch and it works out quite well. we only end up getting about $50 by the end of the year but thats pretty good for a small congregation. i think getting C4L or YAL set up on goodsearch would be great.

Mahkato
07-09-2009, 08:37 AM
i think getting C4L or YAL set up on goodsearch would be great.

C4L already is, as is Mises. YAL is not yet.

Austin
07-09-2009, 10:10 AM
C4L already is, as is Mises. YAL is not yet.

I'm going to see if I can change that.. :)

mediahasyou
07-09-2009, 08:17 PM
Please use this site honestly. Fraudulent searches will result in a charity being de-listed.

c4l was most likely de-listed already by our spammers. :rolleyes: