PDA

View Full Version : Weeping for Our Country

Corydoras
09-10-2007, 11:33 PM
It is incredibly sad how scared of the government people have become.

I ran into a guy from my neighborhood, a professor, a normal kind of guy. When I gave him a Liberty Card, he said he was a big fan of Ron's. We talked a long time about fiat money, the Patriot Act, fascism in government, and so on. He was very enthusiastic. He also said, "You know, in third world countries, the police just want a little bribe or some beer. They don't really care what you think. Here, though..."

He then told me in a very serious voice to keep it quiet that I'm supporting Ron for president, because, he said, he was afraid something would happen to me. He is convinced that the government is going to crack down on Paul supporters and that an attempt is going to be made on Ron's life.

If we hadn't talked so long about Ron Paul's positions, I would have thought this guy was trying to suppress the candidacy. But I realized he was genuinely afraid for me. A sensible grown man afraid of the government's power. I couldn't get angry at him

BUT WHAT IS THIS COUNTRY COMING TO???

This was a real refresher on why I'm supporting Ron Paul.

wgadget
09-10-2007, 11:37 PM
Your story reminds me of something I was thinking about earlier today.

In our churches, we have prayer services rather frequently. Think the National Day of Prayer, etc.

Well, the church has been praying for the country, praying about the war, etc., etc., etc. I just wonder if the church will recognize Ron Paul as the answer to prayer that he truly is.

skipdisk
09-10-2007, 11:38 PM
It is incredibly sad how scared of the government people have become.

I ran into a guy from my neighborhood, a professor, a normal kind of guy. When I gave him a Liberty Card, he said he was a big fan of Ron's. We talked a long time about fiat money, the Patriot Act, fascism in government, and so on. He was very enthusiastic. He also said, "You know, in third world countries, the police just want a little bribe or some beer. They don't really care what you think. Here, though..."

He then told me in a very serious voice to keep it quiet that I'm supporting Ron for president, because, he said, he was afraid something would happen to me. He is convinced that the government is going to crack down on Paul supporters and that an attempt is going to be made on Ron's life.

If we hadn't talked so long about Ron Paul's positions, I would have thought this guy was trying to suppress the candidacy. But I realized he was genuinely afraid for me. A sensible grown man afraid of the government's power. I couldn't get angry at him

BUT WHAT IS THIS COUNTRY COMING TO???

This was a real refresher on why I'm supporting Ron Paul.

Most have yes, When you stand alone surrounded by those who are afraid. I say get away from those people.. Join the Dr. Ron Paul revolution and be brave again for you will not ever be alone. Edit to say. You will be accepted in these groups or you will be kicked....

wgadget
09-10-2007, 11:39 PM
Ron Paul had me standing in the middle of an intersection in downtown Atlanta last weekend passing out flyers.

Who'd a thunk it?

katao
09-10-2007, 11:48 PM
Ignore - I didn't read the entire thread.

Spirit of '76
09-10-2007, 11:52 PM
Your story reminds me of something I was thinking about earlier today.

In our churches, we have prayer services rather frequently. Think the National Day of Prayer, etc.

Well, the church has been praying for the country, praying about the war, etc., etc., etc. I just wonder if the church will recognize Ron Paul as the answer to prayer that he truly is.

"The War Prayer", by Mark Twain:
http://www.lexrex.com/informed/otherdocuments/warprayer.htm

skipdisk
09-10-2007, 11:53 PM
Ron Paul had me standing in the middle of an intersection in downtown Atlanta last weekend passing out flyers.

Who'd a thunk it?

Yep, keep it in the open where the traffic has to follow the lead car.....
That is very legal to do.... That can be argued in court and should be thrown out if it went to the magistrate for two reasons.

No.1 Your safety was not in danger.
no. 2 That is your freedom of speech.

At a red light stand in front of the car that is stopped there waiting for the light to turn green... This can be done at stop signs also. People are very curious most the time looking around at a busy stop intersection...

Zydeco
09-11-2007, 12:34 AM
They will assassinate Ron Paul.

And there will be hell to pay.

RP4ME
09-11-2007, 12:38 AM
They will assassinate Ron Paul.

And there will be hell to pay.

Can we not project thsi negativity into the forums - please - why bother promoting him then...we shoudl all just pack it in.