PDA

View Full Version : Can change my mind if chuck norris were to run

scandinaviany3
12-21-2008, 01:29 PM
I think we should support chuck norris for either gov. of texas or pres. of US.

He is well liked by a lot of people....

I am not big on all parts of the fair tax...but the rest of the stuff, and his on camera presence people like...

Elections are won on emotions...he could do this for TX governor or US TX senator.

Would be interesting to try a presidential run...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6efKKFFLZJs&feature=related

http://www.sodahead.com/question/171031/chuck-norris-endorses-ron-paul-new-book-how-to-reawaken-america-black-belt-patriotism-supports-fair-tax-chuck-for-president/?tko=home_inTheNews&psort=mostraved

bojo68
12-21-2008, 01:37 PM
Chuck supported the religious, copycat dim bulb from
Arkansas for president, sorry, but to me that's enough evidence of bad judgement to disqualify him. Yes, I know he respects
RP, but he still chose to support the dim bulb.

scandinaviany3
12-21-2008, 02:20 PM
Yeah but for Governor or US senator would give us a chance to test him out.

Personally i say US senator because of his age and the fact is we need someone to work with Ron and soon.

Needed them like yesterday in the senate.

We have really no one that supports us their thus the govt is out of control

Sandra
12-21-2008, 02:24 PM
It's sad to see some of our members sucked down to celebrity candidacy. No actors...no way.

TastyWheat
12-21-2008, 04:09 PM
I don't see him as a strict Constitutionalist. Even if he is he does seem like a hawk on foreign policy.

Kotin
12-21-2008, 04:23 PM
I don't see him as a strict Constitutionalist. Even if he is he does seem like a hawk on foreign policy.

he admitted that we were an empire, he says Ron Paul is the only congressman he trusts.. I think he has a lot to learn but he is on his way and could prove to be a great ally

Sandra
12-21-2008, 05:14 PM
he admitted that we were an empire, he says Ron Paul is the only congressman he trusts.. I think he has a lot to learn but he is on his way and could prove to be a great ally

That ass will say anything, he supported and still will support Huckabee in 2012.

ClayTrainor
12-21-2008, 05:23 PM
That ass will say anything, he supported and still will support Huckabee in 2012.

Perhaps, but seeing him tested in the Senate or House would be interesting. I think he'd at least be better than Arnold :cool:

I do have my suspicions though, I think he was just promoting his book to our audience, not really adopting our principles. I would like to see him tested though.

scandinaviany3
12-21-2008, 08:17 PM

If you dont get chuck than you will get rick perry...

end of argument:D

Sandra
12-21-2008, 08:28 PM
If you dont get chuck than you will get rick perry...

end of argument:D

So YOUR giving us two choices? :rolleyes:

nate895
12-21-2008, 08:28 PM
No actors...no way.

That seems collectivist and dogmatic. Just because someone is an actor/actress doesn't make them anything but an actor/actress.

klamath
12-21-2008, 08:47 PM
That seems collectivist and dogmatic. Just because someone is an actor/actress doesn't make them anything but an actor/actress.

Chuck is too bad an actor to fool anyone if he doesn't believe what he is saying:D

Virginia Libertarian
12-21-2008, 08:48 PM
You do realize Norris is pretty much mocked by everyone? He's a joke to the vast majority of Americans, and if he also becomes known with an association to libertarianism, it's just going to do more to restrain the movement

besides: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDUQW8LUMs8

We should try to get Clint Eastwood to run :)

scandinaviany3
12-21-2008, 09:28 PM
So YOUR giving us two choices? :rolleyes:

ok who do you suggest that could beat both perry in a primary and white in the general election.

scandinaviany3
12-21-2008, 09:29 PM
Chuck is too bad an actor to fool anyone if he doesn't believe what he is saying:D

totally agree

scandinaviany3
12-21-2008, 09:32 PM
You do realize Norris is pretty much mocked by everyone? He's a joke to the vast majority of Americans, and if he also becomes known with an association to libertarianism, it's just going to do more to restrain the movement

besides: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDUQW8LUMs8

We should try to get Clint Eastwood to run :)

That is unfortunately what works in TX. Mega church state, military, oil, etc...

They elected George Bush remember :)

I thought eastwood is in California.

No problem with having him run in california but not much chance of winning there. Could be a fun candidate for president. :)

Elwar
12-22-2008, 10:00 AM
The only way Chuck Norris could change my mind is with a roundhouse kick to my head, which he is prone to do.

What's his voting record?

And what is stopping you from getting him into the governor's mansion? (Besides the mansion being burned down)

Imperial
12-22-2008, 09:50 PM
I want Chuck Norris for US Senate in Texas.

Let Kinky run for governor.

scandinaviany3
12-23-2008, 12:16 AM
The only way Chuck Norris could change my mind is with a roundhouse kick to my head, which he is prone to do.

What's his voting record?

And what is stopping you from getting him into the governor's mansion? (Besides the mansion being burned down)

lol...the mansion burning down ..yep...couldnt believe perry's routine he pulled at the state convention talking it up on how he was going to build it bigger and better to smite those that cause the fire...

ughh..

scandinaviany3
12-23-2008, 12:17 AM
I want Chuck Norris for US Senate in Texas.

Let Kinky run for governor.

Agree that makes the most sense Kinky(D) vs Hutchison(R)

Then White vs Norris.

Would be an awful fun election for the movement

Imperial
12-23-2008, 06:54 PM
Hey, I would vote almost anyone in to keep White out. After Hurricane Rita...

About the mansion burning down, that sounds like what Saddam Hussein was like with Babylon or Alexander the Great after he burned down Persepolis...

Just sayin...

TastyWheat
12-24-2008, 03:48 PM
New Chuck Norris Fact:

Chuck Norris can balance a Federal budget.