PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul on John Ziegler tomorrow @ 7 PDT, Ziegler to introduce Paul the next day.

Karsten
09-10-2007, 11:21 PM
Ron Paul will be on the John Ziegler show on KFI (http://kfi640.com/main.html) tomorrow in the 7PM hour (Pacific Time), on KFI 640 AM in Los Angeles. John Ziegler (http://www.johnziegler.com/) is then scheduled to INTRODUCE Ron Paul at his fundraising breakfast the next morning in Pasadena. John Ziegler is bascially a libertarian except for Iraq, where he is very hawkish. Ziegler has said he cannot endorse Ron Paul because of the Iraq issue, but will interview and introduce him. He respects Ron Paul nontheless. KFI is the most listened to radio station in Los Angeles, averaging 1.5 million listeners on any given weekday.

james1906
09-10-2007, 11:48 PM
I'm still not trusting Ziegler. He still smells of neocon to me.

cdigi
09-10-2007, 11:54 PM
He smells of narcissistic radio host hannity/rush wannage to me. I listen from time to time but he really is a hard head.

SJohnsson
09-11-2007, 12:10 AM
wow he really isn't resting at all tomorrow. I'm going to see him at Johns Hopkins for his discussion at their prestigious SAIS Center on Politics and Foreign Affairs at 11am-12pm so he must be jumping on a plane right after.

saku39
09-11-2007, 12:16 AM
If the guy is respectful, I've got no problem with his views. If he is a complete fool in need of a beating-- like Bill O'Reilly or Hannity, then I'll have a problem.

But overall I don't care that much. The way I see it, right now any coverage is good coverage. Even when they smear him or misrepresent him, I just keep thinking to myself: "Say his name. Keep saying his name."

I want as many people to know who he is as possible because there will be people out there wondering what all the noise is about.

I became curious about Ron Paul specifically because there was an effort by FOX News to smear him. The seemed to be spending their ammunition on him and all if made me do was wonder constantly, "Why?" Their efforts made me research him, read his articles, read the books he suggested Rudy read, etc. . .

So while I would prefer a fair interview, a bad one isn't that bad. I just keep thinking, "Say his name. Keep saying his name."

saku39
09-11-2007, 12:18 AM
wow he really isn't resting at all tomorrow. I'm going to see him at Johns Hopkins for his discussion at their prestigious SAIS Center on Politics and Foreign Affairs at 11am-12pm so he must be jumping on a plane right after.

Ron Paul rest? No way.

Superhero's don't rest.

They're too busy fighting evil. :)

Ozwest
09-11-2007, 12:18 AM
After dealing with O'Reilly today, Ron's going to think this guy's childs play.

cdigi
09-11-2007, 12:56 AM
After dealing with O'Reilly today, Ron's going to think this guy's childs play.

Ziegler is no push over. He will ask tough questions and challenge RP's responses. It will be tough but fair.

ctb619
09-11-2007, 01:00 AM
Whose idea was it to have Ziegler introduce RP at a fundraising event?

Nash
09-11-2007, 01:04 AM
Whose idea was it to have Ziegler introduce RP at a fundraising event?

I'm sure he probably offered.

Ziegler is a good guy. He's wrong on the war but I think his show is more neocon than he is. One of his good friends is a congressman who is liberal democrat in Kentucky. He just got the seat in 2006 and Ziegler campaigned for him in person (he flew out there and spoke at his rallies) so just because he's not 100% with someone on their views doesn't mean Ziegler won't do something he thinks is cool for someone he respects.

On issues aside from the war John is aligned with Ron Paul on everything else.

ctb619
09-11-2007, 01:07 AM
I'm sure he probably offered.

Ziegler is a good guy. He's wrong on the war but I think his show is more neocon than he is. One of his good friends is a congressman who is liberal democrat in Kentucky. He just got the seat in 2006 and Ziegler campaigned for him in person (he flew out there and spoke at his rallies) so just because he's not 100% with someone on their views doesn't mean Ziegler won't do something he thinks is cool for someone he respects.

On issues aside from the war John is aligned with Ron Paul on everything else.

Yes, but the war and foreign policy is not just a side issue, it's arguably the central issue of the 2008 presidential campaign. I suppose it's not a terrible idea, it just seemed a little strange to me.

Nash
09-11-2007, 01:20 AM
Yes, but the war and foreign policy is not just a side issue, it's arguably the central issue of the 2008 presidential campaign. I suppose it's not a terrible idea, it just seemed a little strange to me.

Well his democrat friend that he helped get elected was against the war too.

I don't think Hannity would do something like that is all I'm saying.

I think Ziegler really just likes speaking at rallies. That's his thing and he jumps at any chance he can to do something like that. It helps his ego, it helps boost his show awareness and if it helps Ron Paul then all the better.

ctb619
09-11-2007, 01:23 AM
If Ziegler gives Dr. Paul a fair shake and uninterrupted opportunities to make his points during the interview, I'll be both happy and surprised.

Nash
09-11-2007, 01:26 AM
Oh one more thing that occurred to me. Ziegler is a huge USC fan. I think the fact the rally is on campus has something to do with him wanting to participate.

Karsten
09-11-2007, 01:29 AM
Ziegler's introducing Ron Paul at the fundrasing breakfast in Pasadena, not the big rally at USC in the afternoon.

Nash
09-11-2007, 01:34 AM
Ziegler's introducing Ron Paul at the fundrasing breakfast in Pasadena, not the big rally at USC in the afternoon.

Buzz-kill. Oh well I'm still going to the USC rally :)

Lord Xar
09-11-2007, 03:41 PM
BUMP !!!!!!!!!!!! This is TODAY.