PDA

View Full Version : Digg: Ron Paul: "It'll be hard for Obama to be tough on unions."

Knightskye
12-20-2008, 08:11 PM
http://digg.com/business_finance/Ron_Paul_It_ll_be_hard_for_Obama_to_be_tough_on_Un ions

I figured it would get liberals' attention. :)

tangent4ronpaul
12-20-2008, 10:08 PM
"Employee Free Choice Act" - hu?

Let me guess... if 51% of employees want to start a union the business will be COERCED with government force into letting them do so, and the other 49% of employees will be COERCED into joining said unions unless they want to quit.

I seriously doubt it has anything in there were an employee in a union shop could opt-out of joining or staying in the union.

-t

georgiapeach
12-20-2008, 10:10 PM
I was talking to my MIL before the election and she had some interesting things to say about Obama and the United Mine Workers of America. You remember how Obama saying something to the effect that he would put so many emissions taxes on coal mines that he would put them out of business? Well, she got a letter from the UMWA asking her to support Obama. She said that the unionized mines would not be as affected by the emissions taxes, I guess because the have better technology. In any case, there was probably some mutual back-scratching going on there. I'd keep an eye out on what kind of treatment the UMWA and its president Cecil Roberts get from Obama.