PDA

View Full Version : Kay Bailey Hutchinson wants us to help her be Texas Governor.

haaaylee
12-20-2008, 05:07 PM
Ron Paul better get on it. This is an email i got from her since i write her so much about votes. It including links but basically you can go to http://texansforkay.com

"Texans deserve a government in Austin that listens and responds to them.

I am writing you because I need your help and your advice today.

If you believe Texas is faring somewhat better economically than many other states, but a positive future is not guaranteed, I need your help. It will take leaders who are looking ahead to meet the economic and budget challenges that are coming.

Will you join me right now in this good work of renewing our state's leadership by focusing on results and what's good for Texas?

Will you be one of the first Texans to serve on my Exploratory Committee and put your name on my leadership list?

There are many Texans - friends, community and business leaders, Republicans, Democrats, Independents and people who've never been in politics - that I want to talk to before becoming a formal candidate for our Party's nomination for Governor of Texas.

Texans want a Governor who, through sound budgetary policies and low taxes, works for quality schools and universities, access to health care for our families, communities safe from crime and drugs, protection of private property rights, and sensible transportation.

I have proudly served and sought to enhance and protect Texans in the U.S. Senate. I will continue to work hard as Governor on the issues that will prepare our state for the challenges in the global economy.

If you agree Texas must start looking ahead, I hope you'll join my team by clicking here now.

With you on my team, we will renew our commitment to excellence in leadership and results for Texas.

Sincerely,

KAY"

Kotin
12-20-2008, 05:13 PM
well shit..

she would be the worst thing to happen to Texas since Rick "Fairy" Perry

Scribbler de Stebbing
12-20-2008, 05:13 PM
Send her a letter like the one Grover Norquist sent GW.

james1906
12-20-2008, 05:29 PM
Texans deserve a government in Austin that listens and responds to them.

This is exactly the reason why I won't be voting for Kay Bailey Hutchinson.

haaaylee
12-20-2008, 06:07 PM
I say we all join her team and just preach Austrian economics. why not? she needs the help. We can at least do a comment bomb on her blog and let her people know how we feel.

jsu718
12-20-2008, 08:43 PM
I say she voted for the bailout. I don't want her as my senator, let alone as my governor.

Dustancostine
12-20-2008, 08:59 PM
Well to run for Governor she has to resign her Senate seat. That would lead to a special election that will allow RP, if he choose to run for the Senate.

I don't want Kay Bailout, but I do want Ron to run for the Senate.

evilfunnystuff
12-20-2008, 09:11 PM
Well to run for Governor she has to resign her Senate seat. That would lead to a special election that will allow RP, if he choose to run for the Senate.

I don't want Kay Bailout, but I do want Ron to run for the Senate.

i wonder if hed be up for the run.

he has said he doesnt want to run for governer but i havent heard of anyone askin about senate

Kludge
12-20-2008, 09:16 PM
"While Texas is faring somewhat better economically than many other states, a positive future is not guaranteed."

Damn, she can guarantee a positive future?!

powerofreason
12-20-2008, 09:17 PM
Ron Paul better get on it. This is an email i got from her since i write her so much about votes. It including links but basically you can go to http://texansforkay.com

"Texans deserve a government

Stopped reading there :/

scandinaviany3
12-20-2008, 09:22 PM
i say chuck norris should run..put the huckabee and paul voters together and he wins

evilfunnystuff
12-20-2008, 11:16 PM
i say chuck norris should run..put the huckabee and paul voters together and he wins

i forgot what it was but he said something pretty offputting on the alex jones show i cant remember what though

LibertyEagle
12-20-2008, 11:31 PM
Stopped reading there :/

So, what are you thinking? You think you're going to have anarchy right now? The reality is that we ARE going to have another Governor in Texas. Seems to me that it's rational to get someone that believes as closely to our position, as possible. I should've said "Ron Paul's positions", because WE don't agree all that much on this forum anymore. Certainly, the anarchists don't agree.

LibertyEagle
12-20-2008, 11:33 PM
Anyone know why Penny decided not to run?

evilfunnystuff
12-20-2008, 11:47 PM
So, what are you thinking? You think you're going to have anarchy right now? The reality is that we ARE going to have another Governor in Texas. Seems to me that it's rational to get someone that believes as closely to our position, as possible. I should've said "Ron Paul's positions", because WE don't agree all that much on this forum anymore. Certainly, the anarchists don't agree.

shes a drug warrior and voted for the bailout so she is neither fiscaly conservative nor pro civil libertys i think we can do better

RPTXState
12-20-2008, 11:56 PM
Anyone know why Penny decided not to run?

Personal issues/realized this isn't 2006. Independants won't get more than 2% this year.

LibertyEagle
12-21-2008, 12:26 AM
shes a drug warrior and voted for the bailout so she is neither fiscaly conservative nor pro civil libertys i think we can do better

Kay-Bailey Hutchison? :confused: I wouldn't vote for her, if she was the only person on the ballot.

LibertyEagle
12-21-2008, 12:28 AM
Personal issues/realized this isn't 2006.
Huh? Would you explain a bit more, please? I'm not getting your reference to 2006.

Independants won't get more than 2% this year.
For sure, if we don't run someone who has name recognition (in addition to good principles, of course). It's not like Perry won by any great margin. What percentage was it that he got? It wasn't that high.

tonesforjonesbones
12-21-2008, 02:43 AM
What about Michael Badnarik? I think he went independent. tones

DFF
12-21-2008, 02:49 AM
Nope. She voted for the bailout.

SLSteven
12-21-2008, 02:54 AM
No More Bailouts!

evilfunnystuff
12-21-2008, 05:40 AM
Kay-Bailey Hutchison? :confused: I wouldn't vote for her, if she was the only person on the ballot. lol i didnt understand the post you were quoting and the context & what not.

my bad

Eric21ND
12-21-2008, 05:48 AM
Get Kinky Friedman to run again...I kinda like that guy, plus he likes Ron Paul
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9t_Es_du6o

This time around he'd benefit from huge support from the RP community.

haaaylee
12-21-2008, 06:31 AM
BTW this post is in no way an endorsement of her. at all. just a note to confirm she is starting the process.

Malakai
12-21-2008, 08:24 AM
Looked at her senate record, not impressed. At all.

My governor is a douchebag too Texans so don't feel bad. Good old mr million dollar taxpayer european adventure, Charlie Christ.

Nate
12-21-2008, 08:48 AM
Get Kinky Friedman to run again...I kinda like that guy, plus he likes Ron Paul
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9t_Es_du6o

This time around he'd benefit from huge support from the RP community.

+1
Kinky would be great. I'd send money and might just take a couple months off work to come down and help campaign for him. Plus, I think we should all go out of our way to support politicians who came out during the primaries and openly supported Dr Paul. They took the political risk and they should get rewarded for standing up for our freedoms.

james1906
12-21-2008, 09:28 AM
+1
Kinky would be great. I'd send money and might just take a couple months off work to come down and help campaign for him. Plus, I think we should all go out of our way to support politicians who came out during the primaries and openly supported Dr Paul. They took the political risk and they should get rewarded for standing up for our freedoms.

Kinky's a good backup in case RP doesn't run. Kinky is thinking of running as a Dem, and with Bill White choosing to run for Senate, there's no big name yet for the Dems running.

powerofreason
12-21-2008, 10:20 AM

I was half-joking :p

Politics at that level is just a big waste of time and money. If there was a principled candidate like RP with a shot at winning I might donate. If you're into politics focus your efforts on the local level, imo.

scandinaviany3
12-21-2008, 01:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6efKKFFLZJs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgYlIrz4FRo&feature=related

http://www.sodahead.com/question/171031/chuck-norris-endorses-ron-paul-new-book-how-to-reawaken-america-black-belt-patriotism-supports-fair-tax-chuck-for-president/?tko=home_inTheNews&psort=mostraved

maybe he should be the one we support for president in 2012

rich34
12-21-2008, 04:35 PM
I think the idea is to get her to run so that she'll give up her senate seat that way it will pave the way for Ron to run for her Senate seat if he so chooses. Honestly if it played out that way it would be a great opportunity for him to get that senate seat because you know he'll have no problems raising money on a short notice :-)

Eric21ND
12-21-2008, 05:50 PM
Would he be willing to give up his House seat though? I think Dr. Paul likes being in the House and his role on the Financial commitee

Eric21ND
12-21-2008, 05:52 PM
Just imagine the support Kinky Friedman would get after Ron Paul endorses him...I can see a resurrection of the money bomb again. Once Dr. Paul endorses him, we could probably get Chuck Norris on board as well....exciting stuff.

Imperial
12-21-2008, 06:53 PM
I want Chuck Norris to run for Texas Senate and Kinky Friedman to run for governor.

scandinaviany3
12-21-2008, 08:11 PM
Kinky could run but i dont see if improving much from last run. The democrats arent smart enough to pull their votes behind him. If they did that then it would be a whole different story.

Having Ron stay in congress and helping us build is the mission that is needed.

We need to focus on the house and senate and see if sanford will run in 2012.

Getting a chuck norris in for senate against a primary run of rick perry from TX would be a major victory.

Also would be funny having huckabee and Ron supporting the same candidate over perry :)

That is at least half the vote in texas for the republicans.

Doubt Hutchinson is planning to really beat perry, if only for the fact to swap positions with him.

Would be great to put a wrench in that plan.

haaaylee
12-21-2008, 08:21 PM
Kinky could run but i dont see if improving much from last run. The democrats arent smart enough to pull their votes behind him. If they did that then it would be a whole different story.

Having Ron stay in congress and helping us build is the mission that is needed.

We need to focus on the house and senate and see if sanford will run in 2012.

Getting a chuck norris in for senate against a primary run of rick perry from TX would be a major victory.

Also would be funny having huckabee and Ron supporting the same candidate over perry :)

That is at least half the vote in texas for the republicans.

Doubt Hutchinson is planning to really beat perry, if only for the fact to swap positions with him.

Would be great to put a wrench in that plan.

Did i miss something? I know Norris changed from Huckabee to Paul but does that really automatically make him good for office?

In 2006 the Independent vote BEAT Perry. The problem was the vote was split between two candidates. Perry can be beat. We don't want him. We just need one good candidate.

Eric21ND
12-21-2008, 08:34 PM
What's the timeframe of all this? When does someone have to be in the mix to run, like what would you say is a reasonable deadline to either be in or out?

scandinaviany3
12-21-2008, 08:46 PM
would need to be prepared as if their plan does go through with the swap of perry for hutchison straight across.

Would need a major name to take over the evangelical, seniors, military vote to beat Perry in a race for US senate.

Else perry there are Shapiro and Williams that are full George Bush supporters that could fight it out for the office very effectively in the state.

Needless to say all are Very Hostile to a RP anything

scandinaviany3
12-21-2008, 09:48 PM
Did i miss something? I know Norris changed from Huckabee to Paul but does that really automatically make him good for office?

In 2006 the Independent vote BEAT Perry. The problem was the vote was split between two candidates. Perry can be beat. We don't want him. We just need one good candidate.

I dont think this is correct that the independents beat Perry in 2006.

The numbers wikipedia show are:

Perry(R)-39%
Bell(D)-29.8%
Strayhorn(I)-18.13%
Friedman(I)-12.43%

I doubt people will split off as much for Hutchison in 2010.

So Perry + Strayhorn=57.13% of the vote for hutchison.

Dem votes and friedman votes(which i was part of in 2006) wont have enough voters to shift things and will probably loose with 43% of the vote at best. Even with a 5% Ron Paul voter shift away from Hutchison to Kinky Hutchison still wins 52% to 48%.

Whoever wins that republican primary will win everything, that is why i originally suggested, as did many texas republicans last year norris to run, we couldnt take another couple years of perry in office, and hutchison has been very wishy washy when things really counted on illegal immigration and the bailouts...not the person i would want running texas.

libertarian4321
12-23-2008, 03:51 PM
Well, at least the Libertarians have ballot access, so I can always cast a futile ballot for the LP candidate- better than voting for Perry/Hutchinson/whatever the Dems come up with.

georgiaboy
12-23-2008, 03:59 PM
just say no to bailouters.

angelatc
12-23-2008, 04:02 PM
I say we all join her team and just preach Austrian economics. why not? she needs the help. We can at least do a comment bomb on her blog and let her people know how we feel.

Amen.

speciallyblend
12-23-2008, 09:04 PM
she doesn't need our help, the gop has it all covered;) the gop is gonna force the illegals to vote republican and win :) (sarcasm)

Knightskye
12-23-2008, 09:44 PM
This is exactly the reason why I won't be voting for Kay Bailey Hutchinson.

Hahahaha.

Yeah, I don't want my government "listening" or "responding" to me. ;)

Eric21ND
12-24-2008, 02:26 PM
How does a slimeball like Perry get elected there?