PDA

View Full Version : NBA or NFL?

sevin
12-20-2008, 10:27 AM
Is it NBA or NFL?
http://us.mg2.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1%5f40518%5fAIoxvs4AAKyfSUxpyQf4FRnS% 2bz4&pid=2.2&fid=Inbox&inline=1http://us.mg2.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1%5f40518%5fAIoxvs4AAKyfSUxpyQf4FRnS% 2bz4&pid=2.3&fid=Inbox&inline=1

have been accused of spousal abuse

have been arrested for fraud

have been accused of writing bad checks

have directly or indirectly bankrupted at least 2 businesses

have done time for assault

repeat, 71 cannot get a credit card due to bad credit

have been arrested on drug-related charges

have been arrested for shoplifting

currently are defendants in lawsuits, and

have been arrested for drunk driving in the last year

Can you guess which organization this is?

Give up yet? . . . Scroll down . . .

http://us.mg2.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1%5f40518%5fAIoxvs4AAKyfSUxpyQf4FRnS% 2bz4&pid=2.4&fid=Inbox&inline=1

Neither.

It's the 535 members of the United States Congress.

The same group of Idiots that crank out hundreds of new laws each year designed to keep the rest of us in line. (sorry, Ron. I know you're not one of Them.)

heavenlyboy34
12-20-2008, 10:32 AM
I guessed the answer properly before I made it to the bottom! Yay! :)

Theocrat
12-20-2008, 12:07 PM
There are 535 members in the United States Congress, 435 in the House of Representatives and 100 in the Senate. :)

By the way, I liked your question/joke, but I would subtract one member from that group of idiots you're talking about. ;)

sevin
12-20-2008, 07:41 PM
that was great i just send that to some friends by email.

That's actually how I got it. My brother sent it to me in an email.

There are 535 members in the United States Congress, 435 in the House of Representatives and 100 in the Senate. :)

By the way, I liked your question/joke, but I would subtract one member from that group of idiots you're talking about. ;)

Oops. Yeah, I'll change it to 535 and make a note about RP.

mediahasyou
12-20-2008, 11:39 PM
These are your leaders. That is why democracy fails.

And you wonder why our government is so fucked up.

sevin
12-20-2008, 11:55 PM
These are your leaders. That is why democracy fails.

And you wonder why our government is so fucked up.

The only reason our system is failing is because when people vote for Senators and Congressmen they don't vote for the person, they vote for the party. Unfortunately, they don't consider the fact that their party might become corrupt.

mediahasyou
12-20-2008, 11:56 PM
The only reason our system is failing is because when people vote for Senators and Congressmen they don't vote for the person, they vote for the party. Unfortunately, they don't consider the fact that their party might become corrupt.

Unfortunately, many do not see the system is set up for corruption.

sevin
12-21-2008, 01:34 AM
Unfortunately, many do not see the system is set up for corruption.

Of course it's set up for corruption! Every system is set up for corruption.

No system will work if the people become lazy, apathetic, and greedy (and I mean greedy in a bad way, not in a capitalist way).

But if people would use their brains, think about who they're voting for and talk politics rather than what happened on last week's episode of American Idol or Dancing with Douches or Everybody Loves to Be Idiot or whatever, maybe this shit wouldn't have happened.

I'm getting grumpy. Bedtime. :o

ohxten
12-21-2008, 07:21 PM
Where did you get this info?

RideTheDirt
12-21-2008, 07:40 PM
proof?
I saw this years ago,and it was pretty much the same email.
I would love to have some facts to back this up:)

Lovecraftian4Paul
12-21-2008, 07:40 PM
Great post, but I saw on Snopes that this is an old e-mail with data from 1999. Someone needs to update it for the Congressional scoundrels we have today ten years later. I wouldn't doubt it's gotten even worse.

libertarian4321
12-22-2008, 04:56 AM
This email has been circulating since the '90s- funny, even though congress changes its membership, the numbers never change.

None of it has ever been verified and its most likely pure BS.