PDA

View Full Version : Hmm, what's going on here?

Kuldebar
09-10-2007, 10:55 PM
http://www.tubemogul.com/blog/?p=67

Take a look at the chart.

Even though the video has been on YouTube since mid July, we see the huge jump only yesterday (9/9/07).

For a 65 minute video that's an awful huge jump in viewers. Views only count if watch all the way through, right?

Gamed or legit?

wgadget
09-10-2007, 11:00 PM
OMG, that is AWESOME.

Imagine how many people must have watched one of the BEST RP VIDEOS out there, especially one which covers his views on the issues and shows his demeanor.

WOW.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Kuldebar
09-10-2007, 11:06 PM
It is awesome, I agree...I'm just trying to understand what's driving those views...

UtahApocalypse
09-10-2007, 11:08 PM
That video hit front page of digg yesterday for one.

constituent
09-10-2007, 11:12 PM
critical mass... it is officially out of everyone's hands but Ron Paul for
sure. i bet this spike will be the reference point for those in the future.
they tell two friends, etc. etc...

i'm really interested in what the views will look like tomorrow after the
O'reilly factor interview.

cujothekitten
09-10-2007, 11:13 PM
I'm not taking any credit but I posted it on a busy forum the other night... some of the people might have passed it on, which probably added a little to the view count.

cujothekitten
09-10-2007, 11:14 PM
That video hit front page of digg yesterday for one.

There it is. I'm sure that's the reason right there.

Kuldebar
09-10-2007, 11:15 PM
I'm not taking any credit but I posted it on a busy forum the other night... some of the people might have passed it on, which probably added a little to the view count.

Watch out for men in dark trench coats and sunglasses! :p

I am happy that one of the most comprehensive Paul videos is getting exposure, this is great.

Corydoras
09-10-2007, 11:17 PM
I have seen for myself that the "Digg Effect" has crashed many a website, but I had no idea that it could result in five-digit jumps in hits. Wow!

spacebetween
09-10-2007, 11:18 PM
I also believe it's because the video has been on the front page of Digg.

Kuldebar
09-10-2007, 11:19 PM
But, if we are talking the number of views here...it is an hour long video! That's amazing.

FrankRep
09-10-2007, 11:26 PM
Awesome Video! I'm sending it to my friends.

wgadget
09-10-2007, 11:27 PM
It is awesome, I agree...I'm just trying to understand what's driving those views...

Here's something I found over at hannity. (I made a new thread that shows the whole hannity thread here at ronpaulforums)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice View Post
It is a difficult format, but he did fairly well for the hostile setting, I thought. I would like to see him in a one on one debate with another candidate or something, like was suggested by CNN, with enough time to answer completely.

I want to hear what he's been trying to say about Saudis in Iraq, but he gets cut off. How many hijackers on 9/11 were also Saudis? I'd like to see an actual debate on these issues rather than a controlled interview...
I think he did ok given the format. It's the format I detest.

I realized something during the 'debate' in NH. I saw the Paul/Huckabee exchange, and I wanted more. Then I realized that what I wanted was real debate, and I found that other people were saying the exact same thing as me. In a time when reality TV is all the rage, and networks can make mundane things like watching wild animals go about their daily ground seem interesting, there is absolutely no reason we don't have candidates debating actual issues, instead of the soundbite farming that goes on now.

Why can't we have real, honest debate? Is it related to the problem with US Americans not being able to locate the US on a world map?

wgadget
09-10-2007, 11:30 PM
It's simple...People want MORE of Ron Paul, and they have to go to the internet to find it.

If I remember correctly, that's what I did as well, only a few months ago.

wgadget
09-10-2007, 11:33 PM
Or maybe someone met them all at an intersection with a big sign that said, "GOOGLE RON PAUL." So they did...

wgadget
09-11-2007, 07:05 AM
This is awesome news, and for that reason......

BUMP

mesler
09-11-2007, 07:13 AM
I'm really curious how much RP received from Google employees this quarter. I'm guessing he did better than the other candidates, and that I think will be pressworthy.

TexMac
09-11-2007, 08:54 AM

For a 65 minute video that's an awful huge jump in viewers. Views only count if watch all the way through, right?

Gamed or legit?Did you see my follow up?

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/015218.html

The video hit the front page of digg and reddit at the same time.

TexMac
09-11-2007, 08:56 AM
I'm really curious how much RP received from Google employees this quarter. I'm guessing he did better than the other candidates, and that I think will be pressworthy.
Also, notice that no candidate has appeared on GoogleTalks since Ron Paul. The bar is set far too high now. When their GoogleTalk videos get low views, they know we'll hammer home the fact that RP's views beat all theirs combined.

wgadget
09-11-2007, 08:59 AM
Hey, Tex. Good work...But I'm wondering why the steeper plunge for September 10?

blazin_it_alwyz
09-11-2007, 09:02 AM

Gamed or legit?

The reason that video just recently got popular, is that it was just listed on the digg front page again I think either yesterday, or the day before that. And since there are many more Ron Pauls supporters over @ digg than what there used to be, that is why you see such a surge in traffic, digg brings a lot of traffic to stuff. That is the simple explanation, that is the only explanation.

wgadget
09-11-2007, 09:03 AM
But why the steeper drop-off?

ghemminger
09-11-2007, 09:06 AM
Could someone give a basic history of DIGG or REDIT to us "normal" people - I have been digging my heart out - but haven't had anyone explain it all to me like I'm a 12 year old PLEASE!

expatriot
09-11-2007, 09:16 AM
But why the steeper drop-off?

Market saturation and normal absorption.

In other words, they got it.

Magsec
09-11-2007, 09:23 AM
That graph looks like a really fun 2d rollercoaster ride....at the end :P

TexMac
09-11-2007, 09:33 AM
But why the steeper drop-off?9-10 is at 0 right now, so it hasn't been updated. Check it later.

LibertyEagle
09-11-2007, 09:36 AM
9-10 is at 0 right now, so it hasn't been updated. Check it later.

I hope that's it and not the O'Reilly interview.

TexMac
09-11-2007, 09:40 AM
I hope that's it and not the O'Reilly interview.I'm sure it got more views than 0 despite BO's efforts.

wgadget
09-11-2007, 10:31 AM
I just clicked on the graph link again and there's nothing on it.

??

slantedview
09-11-2007, 10:53 AM

Some numbers were published after the event at google, but they were complete BS as proven by statements given by just a few google employees and how much they personally donated.

TexMac
09-11-2007, 11:15 AM
I just clicked on the graph link again and there's nothing on it.

??
You'll be happy to know that YouTube is now functioning and TubeMogul's graphs are updated.

http://www.tubemogul.com/rpt_pub.php?p=2804#options

Shink
09-11-2007, 12:36 PM
I've watched parts of it a few times, but this time I actually watched the whole thing...and after I did, I hit refresh. OVER 300 people watched it within the last hour.:D :D :D