PDA

View Full Version : Government and Somalia, Afghanistan

Mort
12-19-2008, 10:02 AM
There is no central government in Somailia. There is a very weak central government in Afghanistan. How come there is no libertarian success there? Economy's are crap, etc.
I believe libertarian ideas will lead to prosperity. However, these 2 real life examples seem to contradict that.

Elwar
12-19-2008, 10:10 AM
No property rights.

socialize_me
12-19-2008, 10:37 AM
No property rights.

And why are there no property rights?? Oh, because there isn't some authority there saying if you shit on someone's lawn, you can be punished. It's no holds barred in an anarchy state like Somalia.

I guess if you like being forced to arm yourself to keep your family alive and think that's a great lifestyle to be your own one-man army day in and day out, then move to Somalia. I like the Second Amendment, but I don't like gun rights to the point where I'm forced to use them just to stay alive from warlords and your neighbor. That should never happen, but it does. I'm not saying I'd never do it, but who the hell honestly would get pleasure in killing other people just to stay alive??? Who likes that kind of turmoil?? Not me!