PDA

View Full Version : Thank you, W. Mark Felt

acptulsa
12-19-2008, 09:00 AM
One philosophy of the rebellious Sixties was 'burrow from within'. One man who lived that at the time was W. Mark Felt, a.k.a. Deep Throat. He led a couple of young journalists by the hand and together they did make a difference--they brought down one of the ugliest psychos ever to sully the White House.

Rest well, American.

acptulsa
12-19-2008, 09:42 AM
Bump for props.

This is the kind of person government needs more of. This is the kind of person the nation needs more of. I admired him for years without ever knowing his name. Nixon was scary. Felt eliminated the threat.

Props.

acptulsa
12-19-2008, 10:15 AM
Look at it this way. If a credible insider came out and told some truths--or, at least, quietly led some unbought reporters to real proof--about 9/11/01, what difference would that make? If it hadn't been for this man, Watergate would have blown over without teaching a generation that people can win over power.

I saw a president quit. I remember.

It was an exciting thing to see the people win. If it weren't for people like Felt, it wouldn't have happened.

History's greatest turning points pivot upon the consciences of people like this.

ronpaulhawaii
12-19-2008, 10:28 AM
RIP...

nice posts

pacelli
12-19-2008, 10:45 AM
Absolutely, Felt put his ass on the line for doing what was right.

ValidusCustodiae
12-19-2008, 11:39 AM
Thanks to W. Mark Felt. We need more like him.