PDA

View Full Version : Breaking - Hamas / Israel truce is over

Jeremy
12-19-2008, 12:53 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7791100.stm

The Islamist militant group Hamas says it has ended its six-month ceasefire with Israel in the Gaza Strip.

Hamas had earlier said it would not be renewing the truce when it expired at 0400 GMT on Friday.

The Egyptian-brokered deal began on 19 June but has been tested regularly by Palestinian rocket attacks on Israel and Israeli operations in Gaza.

Israel said it would like to renew the truce, but Hamas said Israel failed to ease its blockade of Gaza.

Israeli officials insist they never made a commitment to do so.

Both sides have accused the other or regularly infringing the truce.

"The ceasefire is over and there won't be a renewal because the Zionist enemy has not respected its conditions," Hamas said in a statement carried on its website.

As the expiry of the ceasefire neared, both sides said they would respond to any attack from the other party but would not take the offensive.

"We issue a warning to the Zionist enemy: all attacks against the Gaza Strip or any new crime will trigger a large-scale confrontation and we will retaliate very fiercely," said the Hamas statement.

Speaking to Israel's Haaretz newspaper before the ceasefire was declared over by Hamas, Defence Minister Ehud Barak said the truce had been beneficial.

"Of course the tahadiyeh (calm) was not a mistake," he told Haaretz.

"If the quiet continues, there will be quiet. If the calm breaks, we will operate."

However, there have been regular outbreaks of violence in recent weeks with Palestinian factions firing rockets at Israel from Gaza and Israel responding with airstrikes.

Let me guess... war breaks out, Obama jumps in to help Israel... take it from there <.<

ihsv
12-19-2008, 12:57 AM
http://www.allamericanpatriots.com/files/images/nuclear-detonation.jpg

LiveToWin
12-19-2008, 12:58 AM
Unless hamas got some new toys and Israel starts blowing up big time, the US will not get involved if a few rockets start getting shot into Israel again. I guess we will see where this goes. Btw, its 2 in the morning, you should do that thing called sleep :p

pacelli
12-19-2008, 01:00 AM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/11/megaton-hit-it.jpg

Jeremy
12-19-2008, 01:01 AM
Unless hamas got some new toys and Israel starts blowing up big time, the US will not get involved if a few rockets start getting shot into Israel again. I guess we will see where this goes. Btw, its 2 in the morning, you should do that thing called sleep :p

but but

but

but it's kluuuuudge daaaay!

Kotin
12-19-2008, 01:02 AM
this is nothing new.

ghengis86
12-19-2008, 01:16 AM

until hamas gets a couple BILLION a year from another nation (like Israel from the U.S.), you won't see the U.S. stepping in it directly (just subsidizing).

Elwar
12-19-2008, 07:40 AM
I thought that jews liked humas.