PDA

View Full Version : "A crisis is a terrible thing to waste" says Mass Governor

Matt Collins
12-18-2008, 05:17 PM
"Don't Waste This Crisis," Greedy Politicians Say

Politicians are lining up alongside well-connected mega-corporations to grab their share of bailout bucks and the New Deal-on-steroids spending orgy promised by Barack Obama.

"A crisis is a terrible thing to waste," Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick recently told the Boston Globe.

Certainly no one can accuse Governor Patrick of wasting this crisis. Patrick met with members of president-elect Barack Obama's team to argue for a $3.4 billion laundry list of "crisis" projects, including a new science building at Framingham State College, a parking garage facility in North Leominster, repairs to Boston's Charles River Dam, and hundreds of millions of dollars to make government buildings across Massachusetts more energy efficient.

The Boston Globe notes that the phrase "a crisis is a terrible thing to waste" is "a catchphrase that is getting widespread use among Obama officials and governors during the transition."

No one, alas, seems to think that *taxpayers' money* is a terrible thing to
waste.

(Source: Boston Globe
http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2008/12/10/patrick_seeks_federal_aid_for_state/

Thanks to Carla Howell, President, Center for Small Government)

wizardwatson
12-18-2008, 05:50 PM
You know if this trend continues they won't even use propaganda anymore. They'll just dispose of all pretense and niceties.

No, "Work will make you free."

Just, "Live as a slave for a while until we incinerate you, or die right now from a bullet to the head."

asimplegirl
12-18-2008, 09:19 PM
This is very sad, indeed.

Makes me glad I live in a swampy wooded area, with a house that needs no title or permits full of guns that legally do not have to be registered in my state, and were bought private sale. :)

Ah, I sure will miss being free.

"Live as a slave for a while until we incinerate you, or die right now from a bullet to the head."

I am not scared of death, are you? :)

Matt Collins
12-19-2008, 03:21 PM
Makes me glad I live in a swampy wooded area, with a house that needs no title or permits full of guns that legally do not have to be registered in my state, and were bought private sale. :)
Awesome!

moostraks
12-19-2008, 03:40 PM
[QUOTE=asimplegirl;1874040]This is very sad, indeed.

Makes me glad I live in a swampy wooded area, with a house that needs no title or permits [QUOTE]

I'm jealous.:p

I live intown but owe the annual rent to the government for our glorious abode. Other than that we are at least not paying a mortgage.